criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Community Transmission — Heroes vs Villains Changes

12346Next

Replies

  • Would be great to bring back the targeting system. Perhaps on a game about rotation with the current deathmatch version rather than two separate modes - may struggle to get full games if the player base for HvV is split between two.
  • DeNeher0
    95 posts Member
    I like this change. Far less steam rolling.
  • DeNeher0
    95 posts Member
    So long blaster heros
    Unless they give them more damage output

    I've been doing ok with blaster heroes. Just have to keep my distance a little and flank the rest of my team.
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    @EA_Charlemagne please bring back the old targeting system where players didn't know your exact location at all times or at least get rid of the radar blips to where you don't know players exact location the only players that you should see on the radar at all times are your teammates that's it. Team spawning wouldn't be an issue if enemies didn't know our exact location at all times. If they don't know your exact location, you're able to safely run back to your team most of the time like in the old targeting system. I don't agree with tryhards running as the target, but this is worse. Tryhards just running in a single file line looking at the radar for enemies that are alone. And please patch the hero duplication glitch. I have came across these cheaters multiple times and it has become more frequent recently. Please fix this. Here's proof of multiple players playing as the same hero in the same match. This has been going on for a long time actually and it is really annoying and unfair to real gamers along with the radar system

  • brienj
    690 posts Member
    Fausto wrote: »
    @EA_Charlemagne please bring back the old targeting system where players didn't know your exact location at all times or at least get rid of the radar blips to where you don't know players exact location the only players that you should see on the radar at all times are your teammates that's it. Team spawning wouldn't be an issue if enemies didn't know our exact location at all times. If they don't know your exact location, you're able to safely run back to your team most of the time like in the old targeting system. I don't agree with tryhards running as the target, but this is worse. Tryhards just running in a single file line looking at the radar for enemies that are alone. And please patch the hero duplication glitch. I have came across these cheaters multiple times and it has become more frequent recently. Please fix this. Here's proof of multiple players playing as the same hero in the same match. This has been going on for a long time actually and it is really annoying and unfair to real gamers along with the radar system


    I have actually only encountered the duplicate hero glitch one time. I'm surprised when I see people having it happen a lot to them. It's the same with "running" targets, I hardly ever encountered that problem in HvV, yet it seems to be a huge complaint, and a reason why they changed from the target system. They should obviously fix the duplicate hero glitch, but just like "runners", I just never see it.

    I'm glad that other people see the problems with the new mode, and how teams will just line-up and go after one person on the other team. After the first kill, the game will continue to slide downhill, especially if you have teammates that aren't smart enough to avoid the pack of 4 enemies running towards them, and live to fight another day, after they've regrouped with the team. I always quit out of matches where my teammates will constantly run into the whole enemy team by themselves, over and over again. Luckily there are still some people with their head on straight, who will go looking for their teammates after respawning, instead of looking for the enemy team.
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    edited June 6
    brienj wrote: »
    Fausto wrote: »
    @EA_Charlemagne please bring back the old targeting system where players didn't know your exact location at all times or at least get rid of the radar blips to where you don't know players exact location the only players that you should see on the radar at all times are your teammates that's it. Team spawning wouldn't be an issue if enemies didn't know our exact location at all times. If they don't know your exact location, you're able to safely run back to your team most of the time like in the old targeting system. I don't agree with tryhards running as the target, but this is worse. Tryhards just running in a single file line looking at the radar for enemies that are alone. And please patch the hero duplication glitch. I have came across these cheaters multiple times and it has become more frequent recently. Please fix this. Here's proof of multiple players playing as the same hero in the same match. This has been going on for a long time actually and it is really annoying and unfair to real gamers along with the radar system


    I have actually only encountered the duplicate hero glitch one time. I'm surprised when I see people having it happen a lot to them. It's the same with "running" targets, I hardly ever encountered that problem in HvV, yet it seems to be a huge complaint, and a reason why they changed from the target system. They should obviously fix the duplicate hero glitch, but just like "runners", I just never see it.

    I'm glad that other people see the problems with the new mode, and how teams will just line-up and go after one person on the other team. After the first kill, the game will continue to slide downhill, especially if you have teammates that aren't smart enough to avoid the pack of 4 enemies running towards them, and live to fight another day, after they've regrouped with the team. I always quit out of matches where my teammates will constantly run into the whole enemy team by themselves, over and over again. Luckily there are still some people with their head on straight, who will go looking for their teammates after respawning, instead of looking for the enemy team.

    that's the problem with being visible on the radar to enemies at all times. Makes it easier for tryhards to run in a single file line and pick off players on the radar that are alone or players they know are not that good. I see it all the time when I play with randoms. Instead of running back to their teammates, they run straight to the whole enemy team by themselves and just end up feeding the enemies. They need to fix the radar blips. You shouldn't be seen on the radar at all times like that. At least with the old targeting system you were off radar so you can safely run back to your team most of the time. I never cared too much for runners when we had the targeting system. They would run and I would just stack up on kills. That's all they do now with the new radar system. They just pick off player by themselves. You don't have proper duels anymore. I have to use shooters more often now. I've personally came across the hero dupe glitch multiple times recently. I heard they're having another update this month. I hope they fix the radar blips and raise the kill cap to at least 50
  • Stealth862
    110 posts Member
    edited June 6
    No more Boba flyaway forever?
  • Fausto
    19 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Fausto wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    Fausto wrote: »
    @EA_Charlemagne please bring back the old targeting system where players didn't know your exact location at all times or at least get rid of the radar blips to where you don't know players exact location the only players that you should see on the radar at all times are your teammates that's it. Team spawning wouldn't be an issue if enemies didn't know our exact location at all times. If they don't know your exact location, you're able to safely run back to your team most of the time like in the old targeting system. I don't agree with tryhards running as the target, but this is worse. Tryhards just running in a single file line looking at the radar for enemies that are alone. And please patch the hero duplication glitch. I have came across these cheaters multiple times and it has become more frequent recently. Please fix this. Here's proof of multiple players playing as the same hero in the same match. This has been going on for a long time actually and it is really annoying and unfair to real gamers along with the radar system


    I have actually only encountered the duplicate hero glitch one time. I'm surprised when I see people having it happen a lot to them. It's the same with "running" targets, I hardly ever encountered that problem in HvV, yet it seems to be a huge complaint, and a reason why they changed from the target system. They should obviously fix the duplicate hero glitch, but just like "runners", I just never see it.

    I'm glad that other people see the problems with the new mode, and how teams will just line-up and go after one person on the other team. After the first kill, the game will continue to slide downhill, especially if you have teammates that aren't smart enough to avoid the pack of 4 enemies running towards them, and live to fight another day, after they've regrouped with the team. I always quit out of matches where my teammates will constantly run into the whole enemy team by themselves, over and over again. Luckily there are still some people with their head on straight, who will go looking for their teammates after respawning, instead of looking for the enemy team.

    You don't have proper duels anymore. I have to use shooters more often now. 0

    This. The clique "pro" steamroll crowd whined and cried about the target system, some of them claiming that it was not conducive to duels. Now duels are virtually nonexistent. You'll get one hit away from killing someone, and somebody slashes you from behind, or Han or Iden show up and shoot you in the back. ....and that's if you can even find someone willing to duel one on one.

    Running is worse now, because everyone is afraid to die. I've never seen so many people seriously stop in the middle of a fight and run away, but that's the meta now, I suppose.

    exactly bro. At least with the targeting system you had proper duels here and there because not everyone would see you on the radar. With the targeting system when you encountered an enemy by yourself it was fun because you would go at it one on one. Now everyone can see you so you got teammates either running towards the enemies by themselves or you got teammates literally running away from you while you're getting jumped.
  • Please @EA_Charlemagne , improve for 6vs6, 8vs8 or 10vs10. Heroes and villains do not appear on the map
  • First time when I play new mode of HvV i don't like at all.
    Now, after some time, I feel the same.

    A small upgrade, I think, will resolve the problem : now all the players all the time are visible on the radar
    If only 2 players (one of each team) will be visible all the time on the radar will resolve the problem. Is like another version of targeting system.
  • Fausto wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Fausto wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    Fausto wrote: »
    @EA_Charlemagne please bring back the old targeting system where players didn't know your exact location at all times or at least get rid of the radar blips to where you don't know players exact location the only players that you should see on the radar at all times are your teammates that's it. Team spawning wouldn't be an issue if enemies didn't know our exact location at all times. If they don't know your exact location, you're able to safely run back to your team most of the time like in the old targeting system. I don't agree with tryhards running as the target, but this is worse. Tryhards just running in a single file line looking at the radar for enemies that are alone. And please patch the hero duplication glitch. I have came across these cheaters multiple times and it has become more frequent recently. Please fix this. Here's proof of multiple players playing as the same hero in the same match. This has been going on for a long time actually and it is really annoying and unfair to real gamers along with the radar system


    I have actually only encountered the duplicate hero glitch one time. I'm surprised when I see people having it happen a lot to them. It's the same with "running" targets, I hardly ever encountered that problem in HvV, yet it seems to be a huge complaint, and a reason why they changed from the target system. They should obviously fix the duplicate hero glitch, but just like "runners", I just never see it.

    I'm glad that other people see the problems with the new mode, and how teams will just line-up and go after one person on the other team. After the first kill, the game will continue to slide downhill, especially if you have teammates that aren't smart enough to avoid the pack of 4 enemies running towards them, and live to fight another day, after they've regrouped with the team. I always quit out of matches where my teammates will constantly run into the whole enemy team by themselves, over and over again. Luckily there are still some people with their head on straight, who will go looking for their teammates after respawning, instead of looking for the enemy team.

    You don't have proper duels anymore. I have to use shooters more often now. 0

    This. The clique "pro" steamroll crowd whined and cried about the target system, some of them claiming that it was not conducive to duels. Now duels are virtually nonexistent. You'll get one hit away from killing someone, and somebody slashes you from behind, or Han or Iden show up and shoot you in the back. ....and that's if you can even find someone willing to duel one on one.

    Running is worse now, because everyone is afraid to die. I've never seen so many people seriously stop in the middle of a fight and run away, but that's the meta now, I suppose.

    exactly bro. At least with the targeting system you had proper duels here and there because not everyone would see you on the radar. With the targeting system when you encountered an enemy by yourself it was fun because you would go at it one on one. Now everyone can see you so you got teammates either running towards the enemies by themselves or you got teammates literally running away from you while you're getting jumped.

    Go at what one on one? Please let us know in what reality you’ve been played where:

    1) An enemy player is just wandering around by themselves without at least one teammate (if not his entire squad) a few seconds away?

    2) Players on either side sat back and got manipedis or whatever rather than jumping in for the kill assist.
  • creativepup
    281 posts Member
    edited June 20
    Ben even commented how GA, CS and HvV were the most played modes. Since he has now publicly admitted it, it makes even more sense to bring the HvV target system version back and get rid of Hero Starfighters, Hero Showdown, Ewok Hunt, Extraction, Blast, Strike and Starfighter Assault since they've been abandoned by the community. Isn't it ironic that every game mode under "Operations" is ignored. They might as well rename that to "Abandoned" since that's more fitting and they could throw Jetpack Cargo in there too.

    [Removed - CM]
    brienj wrote: »
    I can't believe they didn't just add the new mode as a separate mode, and left the target mode. I wouldn't even care if they replaced Ewok Hunt with the old target HvV, if they want to maintain the same number of modes for whatever reason. Nobody even plays Ewok Hunt or Hero Starfighters, yet they want to act like having two different HvV modes will split the users. They're just afraid that the new mode would become a ghost town, like the other mentioned modes, if they re-added the old target system as a separate mode, and god forbid they have to admit that hardly anybody wants the new mode.

    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • grimmace2
    1302 posts Member
    edited June 20
    Ben even commented how GA, CS and HvV were the most played modes. Since he has now publicly admitted it, it makes even more sense to bring the HvV target system version back and get rid of Hero Starfighters, Hero Showdown, Ewok Hunt, Extraction, Blast, Strike and Starfighter Assault since they've been abandoned by the community. Isn't it ironic that every game mode under "Operations" is ignored. They might as well rename that to "Abandoned" since that's more fitting and they could throw Jetpack Cargo in there too.

    [Removed - CM]
    brienj wrote: »
    I can't believe they didn't just add the new mode as a separate mode, and left the target mode. I wouldn't even care if they replaced Ewok Hunt with the old target HvV, if they want to maintain the same number of modes for whatever reason. Nobody even plays Ewok Hunt or Hero Starfighters, yet they want to act like having two different HvV modes will split the users. They're just afraid that the new mode would become a ghost town, like the other mentioned modes, if they re-added the old target system as a separate mode, and god forbid they have to admit that hardly anybody wants the new mode.

    Just because GA, CS and HvV are the most played, doesn't mean the other modes have been abandoned by the community. Getting rid of modes isn't the answer, re-working them to be more enjoyable is. Hero SA could be salvaged in a heartbeat in it was changed to TDM with hero ship respawns. It has the potential to be more popular than regular SA, if it was treated right. Extraction is easily one of the best modes in the game, it just needs more maps. Same with regular SA. I would venture to say that CS is only as popular as it is right now because it is "new" with "new" maps. Give GA new maps and CS would drop very quickly.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Omg, this is so awesome! I bought this game when it came out because I thought HvV was going to be like this.
    I gave up on the game about a year ago, cause it was clear to me that the dumb, target system was here to stay, forever . . . then I saw a youtube video that showed a lot of changes in the game. To my amazement, I finally got the HvV game I expected years ago!
    Thanks Dice and EA!
  • You can't even finish a game in HvV now...
This discussion has been closed.