criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Star Wars Battlefront II - Jun 11th Patch - Release Notes

Replies

• Maul Throw atleast 150 damage!!!
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • Yes finally the Darth Maul changes we need. But the dmg should be 100 not 75.

Should have been made 45 degrees and not horizontal. I agree damage should have been 100 at minimum.

All this is going to do now is contact other surfaces and environment and prevent the saber from being thrown the full distance a lot of the time because it will contact so much of the environment instead now..........the answer was always 45 degrees!

Should have been made 45 degrees and not horizontal. I agree damage should have been 100 at minimum.

All this is going to do now is contact other surfaces and environment and prevent the saber from being thrown the full distance a lot of the time because it will contact so much of the environment instead now..........the answer was always 45 degrees!

I think Vader’s Saber Throw can go through walls. Just saying. ;)
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One

I think Vader’s Saber Throw can go through walls. Just saying. ;)

They're different players!

Maul's throw regularly contacted the ground in front! People don't recognize this and so to throw it more than two character lengths away from him required you to aim in the air slightly to prevent the lightsaber from hitting the environment right in front of you and even the ground itself, so that it could be thrown father.

Maul's saber had this problem vertically, so it will more than likely have the same problem horizontally meaning contacting the environment more and returning to the user before going the entire length. Some places it will work a lot better now because it's horizontal. Other places will be the same and some new places will become a problem.
  • Psy3d
    897 posts Member
    edited June 10
    Well now Anakin is very NPC friendly and shouldn't hurt anymore feelings...he will be a Luke+ now with the HM nerf. And his retribution is borderline useless ability already due the glitches and server lag it's harder to pull off when too much action going on....any interruption to it's animation just cancels out doing nothing to anyone. Whatever use it had in HvV is also useless now....almost like in there just for show off purposes.

And Maul needed to retain his saber throw damage...tickling someone with horizontal throw doesn't make any sense....it should do same or more damage what the vertical did. The only good thing is the Iden spammers will be gone.
  • MC_XIX
    2115 posts Member
    75 damage for Maul's Furious Throw :joy: even less than his Choke Hold damage! So he has to use both abilities to kill infantry and three abilities to kill a Heavy? The horizontal angle was a much needed change but the nerf in damage completely negates the progress you guys made.

Furious Throw should deal 125 damage which would then be 155 with his extra damage card equipped, enough to OHKO infantry.
  • 4K for all heroes...why?
  • Liz4rD
    1126 posts Member

RIP Iden Versio
    Nov 2017 - Jun 2019
  • GarthRevan
    124 posts Member
    edited June 10
    I also agree that 75 dmg is far too low for maul's throw. 100 seems fair

I agree, but better raise later than having another op charater. Alternative: increase to BUT double COOL DOWN.
  • We need a poll on whether Anakin should be nerfed.
  • I put 2.5 million exp into Anakin and now they nerfing him into uselessness.
  • Here are 3 good options.
    A: Leave him as he is now. (This will definitely not happen but would be the preferable option.

B: Make reasonable changes:
    Heroic Might: Make it deal 200 Damage instead of 120 so it can one hit kill infantry.
    Pull: Leave it alone.
    Passionate Strike: This needs a buff. Either make it deal 250 to Heroes or bring back the push effect. Seriously it is damn near worthless now.
    Retribution: Either leave it alone or remove it. I would rather it be powerful or nonexistent than a mediocre ability. If only doing 250 to Heroes or 300 to infantry is an “Ultimate” Ability, I would rather not have it.

Option C: Remove him and completely rework him.
    New Ablities I Suggest:
    Pull: Leave it in the game
    Passionate Strike: Same Power I said in Option B.
    Saber Throw: Like Vader’s. It would be a decent ranged ability. Deals 150 like Vader’s.
    Heroic Might: As his Ultimate. Make it deal 450 like it does now and have the same charge up time as Retribution.
  • Sooooo...... when is server browser coming?
  • Unwarycoin
    6677 posts Member
    Here are 3 good options.
    A: Leave him as he is now. (This will definitely not happen but would be the preferable option.

B: Make reasonable changes:
    Heroic Might: Make it deal 200 Damage instead of 120 so it can one hit kill infantry.
    Pull: Leave it alone.
    Passionate Strike: This needs a buff. Either make it deal 250 to Heroes or bring back the push effect. Seriously it is damn near worthless now.
    Retribution: Either leave it alone or remove it. I would rather it be powerful or nonexistent than a mediocre ability. If only doing 250 to Heroes or 300 to infantry is an “Ultimate” Ability, I would rather not have it.

Option C: Remove him and completely rework him.
    New Ablities I Suggest:
    Pull: Leave it in the game
    Passionate Strike: Same Power I said in Option B.
    Saber Throw: Like Vader’s. It would be a decent ranged ability. Deals 150 like Vader’s.
    Heroic Might: As his Ultimate. Make it deal 450 like it does now and have the same charge up time as Retribution.

I like option B V1 (keep ultimate).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • As Unwary coin says, that would honestly be the best. I don’t won’t him to be a mid tier hero. I put over 2,5 million exp into him and got him to level 150. If he becomes worthless I will lose my *****.
  • Chico
    534 posts Member
    As Unwary coin says, that would honestly be the best. I don’t won’t him to be a mid tier hero. I put over 2,5 million exp into him and got him to level 150. If he becomes worthless I will lose my ****.

Or you could look at it this way. You took advantage of a video game characters OP ability set to farm BP. You had fun doing this for a few months, but now you have been given the opportunity to learn to play the game with skill. It's all about perspective.
  • Chico wrote: »
    As Unwary coin says, that would honestly be the best. I don’t won’t him to be a mid tier hero. I put over 2,5 million exp into him and got him to level 150. If he becomes worthless I will lose my ****.

Or you could look at it this way. You took advantage of a video game characters OP ability set to farm BP. You had fun doing this for a few months, but now you have been given the opportunity to learn to play the game with skill. It's all about perspective.

I did use him with skill. Maybe with not Heroic Might, but his other abilities required skill (Not Retribution). I just don’t want all of my hard work to tune myself to his play style to be flipped on its head. In my above comments I showed their were ways to balance him without completely destroying him.
  • Chico
    534 posts Member
    edited June 11
    Chico wrote: »

I did use him with skill. Maybe with not Heroic Might, but his other abilities required skill (Not Retribution). I just don’t want all of my hard work to tune myself to his play style to be flipped on its head. In my above comments I showed their were ways to balance him without completely destroying him.

From my perspective, most of what you said above is wrong. But you are entitled to your perspective.
  • Сhosen
    10 posts Member
    Anakin was already the weakest Jedi. And now he has the most pathetic ability. Now the hero can be buried, if you do not give him more basic characteristics it can be safely buried.
  • Wolfman91
    669 posts Member
    edited June 11
    Geez, Anakin was ruining the game since February and now, after MONTHS he will finally require some SKILL but you guys are mad that he isn't OP cHoSen OnE anymore. What are you, twelve?

He would still be one of the best if not the best. He has the best starcards in the game so you can still easily one shot troopers with proper starcard. It's still better than Luke's push and much better than repulse, cause if you have it equipped you can one shoot troopers within 360 degree (having pretty huge range when it's charged).

And yes, you can still use your 4th ability. No other hero has 4 abilities so I would say he still isn't properly balanced but much much more tolerable.

Iden's droid card fixed? Great news. At first she will be more difficult to play with but when she gets standard HOK, she'll be amazing.
  • Сhosen
    10 posts Member
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    My Opinions Concerning the Patch:
    1. Anakin is useless now in GA and CS. You might as well remove Retribution and Heroic Might. Heroic Might one-hit-killing basic infantry with the increased damage star card is a must-have. Now, it won’t even be able to do that, since they decreased the base damage and removed the damage increase. I am glad I have played him mostly since he released because now he is downright useless. He is even worse now than Luke, whose Push was an instakill for a non-heavy basic trooper.
    2. Now, that you drastically nerfed Anakin, I think the flat rate for all heroes won’t matter too much now in GA. It’s not what I would have done, but now I don’t see the flat rate for all heroes being too much of a problem.
    3. I know the Iden “nerf” was fixing a bug, but it was a bug that should have been kept in the game (like Yoda’s Dash going through block).
    4. I hope Maul’s Saber Throw has a “double damage when hitting a player again” star card because not having the throw be an instakill kind of takes away from its usefulness in GA and CS.
    5. Thank you for fixing the minimap in HvV!
    6. With the major Anakin nerf, expect Rey to be the #1 hero on all GA maps since there is a flat rate for all heroes now.

100% Agree.
    Unlucky players whine too much, and now Anakin is gonna be a Joke.
    "Best lightsaber hero"-Dice

Yeah, maybe one time. Now he is just under so many heroes / villain.

Heros stronger than Anakin : Yoda, Rey, Luke, Han, Lando, Leia
    Villains stronger than Anakin : Vader, Palpatine, Kylo, Iden, Maul, Boba.

Dark side is going to be again stronger.

But w/e, at least now bad players are happy about Anakin not killing them as a standard troops. Cause for some reason, Anakin is the only one that can't oneshot them.

Lmao no. You guys just aren't that good if you think anakin is useless now. Stop relying on abilities & maybe rely on his saber & you'll see he's fine

The damage to his sword 130, is that a strong blow for you?
    given his run speed, attack speed, speed, regen HP, the amount of regen, the amount of energy at the blocks and attack. His ability and so he worked through time, so even now he's only got that Q, and it is not like it is with Renn.
  • Chico
    534 posts Member
    Сhosen wrote: »
    Anakin was already the weakest Jedi. And now he has the most pathetic ability. Now the hero can be buried, if you do not give him more basic characteristics it can be safely buried.

If you think this, you aren't doing it right. Anyone could get a streak with launch Ani and you don't need much talent now. Post nerf he will still be strong in the hands of a good player
  • Сhosen
    10 posts Member
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Geez, Anakin was ruining the game since February and now, after MONTHS he will finally require some SKILL but you guys are mad that he isn't OP cHoSen OnE anymore. What are you, twelve?

He would still be one of the best if not the best. He has the best starcards in the game so you can still easily one shot troopers with proper starcard. It's still better than Luke's push and much better than repulse, cause if you have it equipped you can one shoot troopers within 360 degree (having pretty huge range when it's charged).

And yes, you can still use your 4th ability. No other hero has 4 abilities so I would say he still isn't properly balanced but much much more tolerable.

Iden's droid card fixed? Great news. At first she will be more difficult to play with but when she gets standard HOK, she'll be amazing.
    Where does he have the best star charts? Cards on F don't make sense. 100 HP is ridiculous, at Lendo and more. 20 Damage as and have Rena with his star maps. Maps to the E ability is also now compulsory and Q . In the end, you can't play without a card for 20 damage and cards on the vampire. Otherwise the hero will become weak, very weak.
  • Сhosen
    10 posts Member

If you think this, you aren't doing it right. Anyone could get a streak with launch Ani and you don't need much talent now. Post nerf he will still be strong in the hands of a good player

So here is you now read good player. I have something to compare. And I know that every character can. You don't have to convince me otherwise. I'm one of the best duelists.
  • Сhosen
    10 posts Member

F even the ability of a language does not turn to call. ITS usefulness is 1 in 10. So it has 3 instead of 4 abilities.
  • Сhosen
    10 posts Member
    As now the light will kill Palpatine and Boba Fett . I have no idea. Han solo is now a must-have hero when playing against the darkness. And still have to play from Han solo. You can see how people do balance.
  • Сhosen wrote: »

Where does he have the best star charts? Cards on F don't make sense. 100 HP is ridiculous, at Lendo and more. 20 Damage as and have Rena with his star maps. Maps to the E ability is also now compulsory and Q . In the end, you can't play without a card for 20 damage and cards on the vampire. Otherwise the hero will become weak, very weak.

Every single starcard is useful. Of course some are more useful than others but still AT LEAST decent. Now go and compare them with Han's, Luke's, Chewie's, Lando's starcards.
  • Chico
    534 posts Member

So here is you now read good player. I have something to compare. And I know that every character can. You don't have to convince me otherwise. I'm one of the best duelists.

Oh, you are talking about HvV, right. The nerfs were necessary to balance GA/CS and will have little impact in HvV. Ani was already just above average there anyway.
  • Сhosen
    10 posts Member
    edited June 11

Oh, you are talking about HvV, right. The nerfs were necessary to balance GA/CS and will have little impact in HvV. Ani was already just above average there anyway.

It in all modes has lost its meaning. Because there are other faster and stronger heroes on the side of the world. The same Luke, faster Anakin in 2 times.
  • What is this Chosen guy talking about?
  • Сhosen wrote: »

It in all modes has lost its meaning. Because there are other faster and stronger heroes on the side of the world. The same Luke, faster Anakin in 2 times.

So dealing 1000 Damage is not special?
  • Wait sorry wrong person
  • Сhosen
    10 posts Member

So dealing 1000 Damage is not special?

I do not understand you
  • Not a fan of Maul's lightsaber throw nerf. At this point I'd also say just rework Anakin. Remove Heroic Might, switch it out for a lightsaber aoe where he pirouettes(Spins his lightsaber) like in Revenge of the Sith and have it deal damage and reflect lightsabers and blasters make it a 2.5 second ability, like a stationary Unrelenting Advance without the long duration. Remove Retribution, buff his Passionate Strike's damage and have it knockdown again, Increase the radius of his Pull so it can be combo'd with his lightsaber aoe. Anakin is more of a lightsaber duelist than anything, in my opinion. He held off Dooku as a Padawan in 1 on 1 combat and beat him as a Jedi Knight, he could've beaten Obi-Wan, who defeated a Sith Lord 1 on 1 as a Padawan as well, if it wasn't for his arrogance. While I appreciate your enthusiasm for Anakin and his abilities in the Clone Wars, his Retribution ability was a one time thing that was only possible because he was in an area flooded with force power. I feel these changes would get rid of the abilities that were too broken, and this way he'd be more skill based.
  • vonVile
    411 posts Member
    edited June 11
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Hello there,

All Other Improvements
    • Heroes will now cost the same amount of Battle Points across all maps.

@F8RGE

Thanks, for ruining the game with all Heroes at 4000BP. Now Overtime matches will never end. Its was already awful on Theed when the Empire makes it inside the Palace because they always make comebacks from constant Hero spawning and slowly whittle out to win the final objective. Rebels now will never win.

With BP so cheap DICE just turn this game into a line ride with all players waiting on the character select screen spamming the X button in hope of playing a Hero.

It should be 6000BP minimum.
  • looks good
  • New_Roosterman
    543 posts Member
    edited June 11
    When I read the patch notes, my thoughts were "this doesn't look so bad".

Regrettably, I have found a flaw, and it is the reduced "minimum" numbers for certain game modes. I just played two games of Heroes v Villains. Both games were mid-progress when I joined and what did i find? One team was already up by around 5-10 tickets when I joined both games to make it 4 a side. Where you needed 8 players (i.e. 4 a side), by now allowing it to start at 3 a side, if you wind up with 1 player joining the game for a while before a 2nd player does to make it 4 players on each side, you are unbalancing the teams markedly as during this period one side 25% stronger. In a mode like this which does not require large number, a 1 player difference is enough for a team to establish a lead which is incredibly difficult to peg back, as they will have been 25% stronger. This is now exacerbated with the no target system since it was eliminated from the game.

Also, if these kinds of leads happen due to numerically mis-matched teams, it will encourage more people to quit mid-match as they'll think "we have no hope to peg back their lead, so I'll leave". That happened in both games I played as soon as the lead ballooned to 10 eliminations differentials between the teams.

Now admittedly, this is only a very small sample, but I fear if this becomes a trend.

In theory it may sound good to reduce the minimum player count, but when it allows one team any period of being 25% stronger numerically, all it really does is negatively effect game play.

This might be a change that needs to be reverted, but I am willing to wait and see. Just on what I have seen so far, I'm not hopeful.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Zepheon
    240 posts Member
    edited June 11
    Odinnir wrote: »
    Maul's Saber Throw should do 150 damage!!!

HE NEEDS A ONE SHOT KILL. He's only got 700 health, the damaged enemy won't die and has a full moment to melt Maul's health CUZ HE CAN'T BLOCK. Who the hell is balancing this thing?

DICE is, you should expect that.
  • yoda901 wrote: »
    Looks good for Anakin, my fear is that without some light side buffs the dark side villains will be a little overpowering in HvV. Maul's saber throw should be raised up to 100, at 75 it isn't worth giving up your block...Unless it does damage 2x then I take it back!

It doesn't say anything in the patch notes that Maul lost his block ability at all. So where are you getting this from, or am I mis-interpreting what you wrote?
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Also having less minimum players required to join a game is a great addition as well. Now if only you could add this to Hero Starfighters as well. Been impossible getting into a game lately.

You could reduce it to 2 players for Hero Starfighters and you still are unlikely to find many games of it./ The problem is the way the mode is designed. What players wanted was a mode similar to regular Heroes v Villains, where you play an entire round as the one hero. Instead what we got is that once you die for the first time, you wind up in a regular fighter/interceptor/bomber until the round ends. This pretty much went against what people wanted in game play, so those who like star fighter combat just went back to regular Starfighter Assault, whilst everyone else pretty much just dropped it straight away.

Until that design rationale is changed, nothing will change regarding the un-popularity of Hero Starfighters mode amongst the wider player base.

51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Psy3d
    897 posts Member
    PC patch is out....if anyone cares. No issues in DX12...yet ;)

Ani's HM and R has been nerfed to npc friendly level and Maul's throw connects but has a tickle effect than actual damage.
  • Doogla
    19 posts Member
    RIP Anakin.
    On a side note, concerning the HvV change, it is either useless or bad decision, one less player on a side is easily felt in game.

10% less on troops, lol. If you have any damage when he activates it, you're still dead

Wrong. The damage output doesn't increase anymore while he takes damage. That's on top of the decrease to the base damage.
This discussion has been closed.