criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Fusing Extraction with Strike would not be ideal.

Prev1
Jenga_Fett1
531 posts Member
edited June 15
UPDATE: F8RGE recently commented that it would take a couple of months to add an existing map to Extraction, which I can accept. However it was suggested that they may fuse Extraction with Strike, which wouldn’t be ideal. By the ways, thank you devs for spending more time on the forums.
she94hx191qa.jpeg
Post edited by Jenga_Fett1 on

Replies

  • TheScape wrote: »
    The worst part of all of this is Strike has gotten 0 new maps since launch... Why did they expect the players to keep playing the same maps over and over? It's even worse when you think about Extraction. It is just 2 maps... After a few rounds it gets incredibly repetitive. Mixing it up with multiple eras and maps would make it feel better. Even SA with its 6 maps feels less repetitive.

    Using mode population is not a great way of gauging interest in a mode after completely abandoning support for it and forgetting about the feedback a lot of players are giving you (add more maps).

    This.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Ridiculous.

    THERE'S A SMALL PLAYERBASE BECAUSE IT SHRANK AFTER A YEAR OF COMPLETE NEGLECT WITH ONLY TWO MAPS.

    The truth is, YOU DEVELOPERS *SHRANK* the player base for Extraction, intentionally as far as I can tell. What else is going to happen after more than a year with only two maps?

    This kills me, because this is the ONLY mode my group regularly wants to play, the only decent mode not choked with heroes, and you guys seem to be deliberately murdering it.

    Funny thing is they acknowledged the mode as “a bit of a fan favorite” a long time ago but still did nothing for the mode and now we’re at this point.

    And you’d think that because it was a “fan favorite” they would acknowledge it and do something about it!
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • DarthJ
    6703 posts Member
    Probably because Reddit doesnt like it as its OT
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • The next idea will be merge SA with Ewok hunt 😂
    What a joke
    Keep adding new Extraction Maps
    You have to invest in new maps for it to grow
    We new this a year ago

    Couldn’t have said it better myself.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • I was looking on the BF Reddit and even they agree. A lot of that community actually agrees.
  • I was looking on the BF Reddit and even they agree. A lot of that community actually agrees.

    Hopefully the devs will finally start listening. We don’t even need new maps, we just want more maps. It shouldn’t be too hard to take a section of a GA map, add in the payload and its path, and create new spawn points.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • TheScape
    2252 posts Member
    v64un5apdpk1.png

    More fuel to the fire... Is it really that hard to repurpose GA crops and see how it goes?
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • The lack of maps and the attitude of the devs is the reason I abandoned this game
  • The lack of maps and the attitude of the devs is the reason I abandoned this game

    Heading that way myself. I see Assassin's Creed Origins is on discount...
  • I'm telling all my friends now about this shambles
    I actually was one of the blind people telling people it will get better
    I feel like director krennic
    xe5wa3wwkugx.gif
  • Please do not combine these two modes. All you will do is ensure we can never play Extraction when we want to. It'll be just like the DLC Playlist from the first game.

    You guys left this mode with only two maps for an entire year, and then use your low player numbers to justify not adding more maps. It's your own fault the numbers are low. Whoever is calling the shots is clueless.

    I'd pay for some Extraction maps at this point.
  • ross42899
    1515 posts Member
    Extraction needs more maps. The player counts dropped probably shortly after launch because playing on just 2 maps is getting boring pretty quickly. If the mode launched with 4 or 5 maps, I assume the player count wouldn't have dropped so fast. I understand that GA or CS might be more popular in general, but Extraction is a great mode loved my many players and new maps would definitely increase the player count again.

    I'm still hoping they don't give up on the mode completely and will add at least 2 maps or so at some time in the future. The mode is too good to be abandoned (same goes for SA).

    Wish they would add at least the 2 Sullust maps from Bf2015.
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    edited June 12
    Darn, how do they not see that the modes are just low played because of bugs matchmaking and only two f rig ging maps for extraction?
    PSN: d0kRX
  • TheScape wrote: »
    v64un5apdpk1.png

    More fuel to the fire... Is it really that hard to repurpose GA crops and see how it goes?

    It truly never occurs to them that the base correlation is what everyone has been telling them. GA and HvV have more maps. And being intellectually honest, you can’t even use HvV as a base of comparison for Extraction. The two modes have absolutely zero in common. Not a single unit from either can be played in the other.

    These fellas are so lost in the administration of this game that they just can’t see what makes for a good game anymore.
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    v64un5apdpk1.png

    More fuel to the fire... Is it really that hard to repurpose GA crops and see how it goes?

    It truly never occurs to them that the base correlation is what everyone has been telling them. GA and HvV have more maps. And being intellectually honest, you can’t even use HvV as a base of comparison for Extraction. The two modes have absolutely zero in common. Not a single unit from either can be played in the other.

    These fellas are so lost in the administration of this game that they just can’t see what makes for a good game anymore.

    Couldn't have said it better
    PSN: d0kRX
  • I would play extraction much much more if it wasn’t just two maps.

    Same here. Its tempting to stop playing CS and ga, just so I'm not contributing to their "it has higher numbers" nonsense. Of course with maps in the double digits ga has a higher player count that extraction. Of course CS being brand new and having more maps has a higher player count.
    They also have 40 players per game.

    I wouldn't be surprised if they counted the AI to justify their actions. But we'll never know because they never provide proof of anything
  • JMaster
    2257 posts Member
    Maybe if there was a way to put heroes and more Clone Wars stuff in it we'd see more maps for Extraction...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Maybe if there was a way to put heroes and more Clone Wars stuff in it we'd see more maps for Extraction...
    I agree 100% on the Clone Wars map stuff. I disagree with adding heroes. Yoda’s block and Obi-Wan’s mindtrick would be too powerful.
  • I have a good feeling that F8RGE might look at this thread. Let’s please be calm when he arrives. Don’t criticize the devs or others either. It’s not going to help.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Maybe if there was a way to put heroes and more Clone Wars stuff in it we'd see more maps for Extraction...
    I agree 100% on the Clone Wars map stuff. I disagree with adding heroes. Yoda’s block and Obi-Wan’s mindtrick would be too powerful.

    Honestly there’s no reason why extraction needs to be OT locked. In fact it’d be cool to do a Kamino map where the droids are stealing clone dna stuff like that
  • A big issue is that people tend to want to play what is new. We've had a year now in which all new content has been Clone Wars, an era that excludes Extraction. Saying Extraction doesn't have the numbers after not releasing anything new to it just an excuse. They completely set it up to fail, and their designed-failure is now a convenient excuse to continue to neglect the mode.
  • A big issue is that people tend to want to play what is new. We've had a year now in which all new content has been Clone Wars, an era that excludes Extraction. Saying Extraction doesn't have the numbers after not releasing anything new to it just an excuse. They completely set it up to fail, and their designed-failure is now a convenient excuse to continue to neglect the mode.
    The devs will ignore Extraction requests if we complain about them.
  • A big issue is that people tend to want to play what is new. We've had a year now in which all new content has been Clone Wars, an era that excludes Extraction. Saying Extraction doesn't have the numbers after not releasing anything new to it just an excuse. They completely set it up to fail, and their designed-failure is now a convenient excuse to continue to neglect the mode.
    The devs will ignore Extraction requests if we complain about them.

    They'll ignore Extraction request either way. Might as well let them know how we feel about it.
  • A big issue is that people tend to want to play what is new. We've had a year now in which all new content has been Clone Wars, an era that excludes Extraction. Saying Extraction doesn't have the numbers after not releasing anything new to it just an excuse. They completely set it up to fail, and their designed-failure is now a convenient excuse to continue to neglect the mode.
    The devs will ignore Extraction requests if we complain about them.

    They'll ignore Extraction request either way. Might as well let them know how we feel about it.
    It’s not going to work.
  • I would play extraction much much more if it wasn’t just two maps.

    Add me to that list. I played extraction a couple of times. The one where you move the cart right on Kessel right? I thought it was fun, but then it was Kessel again, and again, again. Is there another map on that mode? I havent seen it yet.. If there was more maps, I would try the game mode again. I like modes with an objective, with the team working towards an ultimate goal.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    I've been saying for a while now that they need to add some Clone Wars maps to Extraction. My group almost solely plays Extraction, though a few of them are on the verge of quitting the whole game because they are tired of just two maps. We all love Clones, we'd love to be able to see our legion skins.

    Them saying the mode's numbers "have never been high" is infuriating. They spend years chasing out 80% of the game's Trooper players by catering almost completely to heroes, toss Extraction in as an afterthought and then ignore it for more than a year... And then they have the nerve to say its numbers were never high??

    "People just don't seem to want to go to this park we built. Yes, it only has a single slide and a see-saw, and yes it's had a lot of wasp nests turn up in it and we've never cleaned them out. But people rarely seem to go there, they must not want a park..."

    Awesome. And I’ll follow your reiterated point like I have in the past. I’m blown away that they haven’t utilized all the new CW cosmetics for Extraction. I fully expected them to and still can’t believe they haven’t. At this point I wouldn’t even care if they just rotated the factions on the same two maps.

    But the real head scratcher is, what type of group takes the time to make a new mode, but then only supplies it with two maps, and limiting those to only one of three factions? Then, what’s even more perplexing, is basically the next focus of the game, an undertaking lasting at least a year, is in an era that is exclusively not allowed in their most recently added mode!?

    Decisions... decisions...

    They have been called many things, much of which has been unjust. Nevertheless, efficient has never been among them.
  • It would be hard to have Extraction in clone wars era because attacking/defending choke points with the Thermal Imploder and Sonic Imploder is a big part of the mode. Adding it to clone wars would highlight how bad the B2's Rocket is compared to the Thermal Imploder.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4227 posts Member
    edited June 14
    It would be hard to have Extraction in clone wars era because attacking/defending choke points with the Thermal Imploder and Sonic Imploder is a big part of the mode. Adding it to clone wars would highlight how bad the B2's Rocket is compared to the Thermal Imploder.

    Disagree. While there are differences among the reinforcements, it’s negligible. We can debate the specs of the various abilities all day long, but it doesn’t matter. For example, past short range, the dps of the B2 is higher than WW’s, overcharge included. Also, the thermal imploded is the easiest grenade to avoid, with the noticeably long detonation timer.

    They didn’t not make Extraction fo the other eras for the reason you suggest, they simply chose not to. The circumstances you describe exist on multiple phases across multiple maps in GA already. My guess is they had a much smaller team last year at the time and the Solo movie obliged them to do something. What they were waiting for was the opportunity to get into the CW era.

    I’m not a CW hater at all and I think Extraction would be great if it were expanded there. Same goes for the ST. I’m still waiting for those WW/Flame Trooper matchups around the payload.
  • It would be hard to have Extraction in clone wars era because attacking/defending choke points with the Thermal Imploder and Sonic Imploder is a big part of the mode. Adding it to clone wars would highlight how bad the B2's Rocket is compared to the Thermal Imploder.

    Disagree. While there are differences among the reinforcements, it’s negligible. We can debate the specs of the various abilities all day long, but it doesn’t matter. For example, past short range, the dps of the B2 is higher than WW’s, overcharge included. Also, the thermal imploded is the easiest grenade to avoid, with the noticeably long detonation timer.

    They didn’t not make Extraction fo the other eras for the reason you suggest, they simply chose not to. The circumstances you describe exist on multiple phases across multiple maps in GA already. My guess is they had a much smaller team last year at the time and the Solo movie obliged them to do something. What they were waiting for was the opportunity to get into the CW era.

    I’m not a CW hater at all and I think Extraction would be great if it were expanded there. Same goes for the ST. I’m still waiting for those WW/Flame Trooper matchups around the payload.

    Those are fair points. I was actually disappointed when they released the capital ship maps and didn't use them as Extraction and Strike maps.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    v64un5apdpk1.png

    More fuel to the fire... Is it really that hard to repurpose GA crops and see how it goes?

    @F8RGE said it would take months for them to do this on another thread of mine. He even backed up his claim by saying that Felucia is already built, and that they are in the midst of playtesting it right now and making fixes.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!