criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Anakin will be useless

13Next

Replies

  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Well I'm guessing vader is next on the nerf list. Heroic might as far as HvV is concerned will be fine. I hardly ever get a fully charge heroic might only using it to combo into other moves. He'll practically be the same in HvV for me at least. They should've nerfed the damage to heroes to 200 & kept troopers at 120 at least. But hey he still has a 300 plus damage choke that'll still be a death sentence

    They nerf Anakin into being a potato and buff Obi-Wan's mind trick into being the most OP thing against anyone. I see can definitely see them finding a way to nerf Vader after only just buffing him.

    No they didn't he's still a top 3 hero. Retribution damage didn't get nerfed neither did the radius he's still fine

    The choke went from 4 seconds to 2 seconds. How is that not a damage nerf unless they increased the amount of damage done in those 2 seconds versus the previous 4?

    Its something that shouldn't exist in the first place.

    Ah yes, cry babies that beg for a nerf and will continue to cry until they get everything you want.

    Youre right. We want. We want a balanced game, if thats too much to ask or think that we are crybabies then you are lost in translation my friend.

    There's a difference between balance and pandering to scrub cry babies who want the game to play their way and ther way only because they're unwilling to adapt to the current state.

    That’s the biggest problem with the devs and their responses. It legitimately is pandering to what are more than likely scrub players who either flat out don’t know how to counter Anakin or just refuse to.

    Jesus Christ. It's exactly the opposite. Meaning - they were pandering to TOTAL NOOBS who couldn't handle playing balanced heroes. Anakin was designed to make noobs feel good so they can whipe entire rooms with ONE BUTTON while having 90% damage reduction. You didn't have to have skill, brain or even luck to be decent Anakin.

    I've killed hundreds of Anakins since February but that doesn't mean he was balanced. Everytime someone good picked Anakin - it's over to the opposite team (GA). No matter how good the team was.

    I was able to win the round while having TRASH team and playing against STREAMERS and their friends (who were usually just as good). That's how unbalanced he was.

    Jeez, what the h*ll is wrong with you people.

    Spot on
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • IcedFreon wrote: »
    The first day with Anakin.

    Spawn glitching man smh
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The point of Anakin is that he is meant to be powerful.

    You lost me there

    Yeah,

    When people imply that Anakin should be better than anyone else
    10hek3aqptq7.gif

    That's the basis on which he was made and that's what the same people who cried for nerfs, kept on asking for when he was announced, you ****.

    Who asked for him to more powerful than everyone else?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The point of Anakin is that he is meant to be powerful.

    You lost me there

    Yeah,

    When people imply that Anakin should be better than anyone else
    10hek3aqptq7.gif

    That's the basis on which he was made and that's what the same people who cried for nerfs, kept on asking for when he was announced, you ****.

    Who asked for him to more powerful than everyone else?

    The bf2 community
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The point of Anakin is that he is meant to be powerful.

    You lost me there

    Yeah,

    When people imply that Anakin should be better than anyone else
    10hek3aqptq7.gif

    That's the basis on which he was made and that's what the same people who cried for nerfs, kept on asking for when he was announced, you ****.

    Who asked for him to more powerful than everyone else?

    The bf2 community

    Some maybe, I remember even more people saying that they shouldn't do that and just balance the current heroes so we can avoid what actually ended up happening.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • my mom is 45 and my dad is 86
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

    Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The point of Anakin is that he is meant to be powerful.

    You lost me there

    Yeah,

    When people imply that Anakin should be better than anyone else
    10hek3aqptq7.gif

    That's the basis on which he was made and that's what the same people who cried for nerfs, kept on asking for when he was announced, you ****.

    Who asked for him to more powerful than everyone else?

    The same people that kept on whining about how the light side were getting destroyed in HVV and GA before his release. If you've been in the community for long enough, you would know how ever since release people kept complaining (quite rightfully) about the dark side being considerably stronger than the light in both game modes.

    So Anakin was expected to bring balance (pun more or less intended).

    I suppose you won't acknowledge this fact since you seem more focused on disagreeing with anything I'm saying at this point in time.
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The point of Anakin is that he is meant to be powerful.

    You lost me there

    Yeah,

    When people imply that Anakin should be better than anyone else
    10hek3aqptq7.gif

    That's the basis on which he was made and that's what the same people who cried for nerfs, kept on asking for when he was announced, you ****.

    Who asked for him to more powerful than everyone else?

    The same people that kept on whining about how the light side were getting destroyed in HVV and GA before his release. If you've been in the community for long enough, you would know how ever since release people kept complaining (quite rightfully) about the dark side being considerably stronger than the light in both game modes.

    So Anakin was expected to bring balance (pun more or less intended).

    I suppose you won't acknowledge this fact since you seem more focused on disagreeing with anything I'm saying at this point in time.

    I've been here since launch, I and many people I know have been poining out the imbalance and we also specifically said that they SHOULD NOT just make Anakin OP to compensate nor do I subscribe to the absurd mentality of balancing around lore so I didn't support no "chosen one" nonsense either. You are generalizing.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member

    The same people that kept on whining about how the light side were getting destroyed in HVV and GA before his release. If you've been in the community for long enough, you would know how ever since release people kept complaining (quite rightfully) about the dark side being considerably stronger than the light in both game modes.

    So Anakin was expected to bring balance (pun more or less intended).

    I suppose you won't acknowledge this fact since you seem more focused on disagreeing with anything I'm saying at this point in time.

    You don't counter various imbalances on one side with a giant imbalance on the other
    People wanted DS and LS rosters brought in line with each other to some degree, nobody with a brain wanted one omnipotent hero.
    And don't try to invoke lore elements because gameplay>
    [+3748 posts]
  • Good.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The point of Anakin is that he is meant to be powerful.

    You lost me there

    Yeah,

    When people imply that Anakin should be better than anyone else
    10hek3aqptq7.gif

    That's the basis on which he was made and that's what the same people who cried for nerfs, kept on asking for when he was announced, you ****.

    Who asked for him to more powerful than everyone else?

    The same people that kept on whining about how the light side were getting destroyed in HVV and GA before his release. If you've been in the community for long enough, you would know how ever since release people kept complaining (quite rightfully) about the dark side being considerably stronger than the light in both game modes.

    So Anakin was expected to bring balance (pun more or less intended).

    I suppose you won't acknowledge this fact since you seem more focused on disagreeing with anything I'm saying at this point in time.

    I've been here since launch, I and many people I know have been poining out the imbalance and we also specifically said that they SHOULD NOT just make Anakin OP to compensate nor do I subscribe to the absurd mentality of balancing around lore so I didn't support no "chosen one" nonsense either. You are generalizing.

    I don't care on which side you were on, I was just stating a fact.

    I didn't care about the light being underpowered, sure, I enjoyed playing dark side more, but I was always doing well with Yoda and Rey. Each time the meta changed, I adapted to it. I didn't even touch Anakin when he was released, I don't think I've ever played him when Heroic might was dealing 1000 damage and Retribution would snipe you across the map because I thought it was ridiculous and I was more focused on understanding the meta, rather than exploiting an OP hero.

    I only started playing him after they reduced HM damage and removed the passionate strike knock down, since I believed he was perfectly fine at that stage and I thought it would be worth playing him more at that point since I didn't think that he would receive another major nerf, but some minor tweaks instead.

    He used to be annoying in certain stages on certain maps in GA, Naboo last 2 stages and Kashyyyk 2nd stage being the most notorious ones, but it's not like he's the only hero that dominates certain stages on certain maps. Yoda, for instance, locks down the same stages as Anakin does. But yeah, people keep complaining about Yoda as well.

    I keep complaining about this patch because it is a very cheap fix and the problem should've been addressed in other ways, by either buffing other heroes or continuing with minor tweaks until he reached a level at which there would be somewhat of consensus within the community.

    Even so, I never had a problem taking Anakin down, because in his older form he could easily be countered by simply keeping distance and not charging his heroic might and / or saving your CC abilities until Anakin uses his, while playing as a villain.

    Anakin is not even the hero with which I have my highest streak. My best heroes are probably Yoda, Vader and Maul. Still, Anakin has been my favorite lately because I really like the way he was designed and I hate this update mainly because DICE simply gave in to bad players in order to make them happy, instead of tweaking Anakin further more.

    As I said on another thread, right now he lacks identity. His abilities are no longer reliable killing mechanics, and they don't really help his dueling either. What I mean by that is that rushing into groups of people isn't a good idea anymore since you can walk out with great HP losses and no kills at all. This means that he can no longer do the very thing he was created to do, which is why I'm asking for a kit change since Anakin seems to be this game's biggest problem...

    I hope you realize that this is far from his final form and right now he necessitates a re-work, kinda like Kylo and Boba.


  • Relmets wrote: »

    The same people that kept on whining about how the light side were getting destroyed in HVV and GA before his release. If you've been in the community for long enough, you would know how ever since release people kept complaining (quite rightfully) about the dark side being considerably stronger than the light in both game modes.

    So Anakin was expected to bring balance (pun more or less intended).

    I suppose you won't acknowledge this fact since you seem more focused on disagreeing with anything I'm saying at this point in time.

    You don't counter various imbalances on one side with a giant imbalance on the other
    People wanted DS and LS rosters brought in line with each other to some degree, nobody with a brain wanted one omnipotent hero.
    And don't try to invoke lore elements because gameplay>

    Never said that they should've countered an imbalance with another, we're on the same page in this matter. It still happened and I would've rather had them stick with their decision, rather than given in to bad players.

    I would've loved to see them come up with something smart, or a re-work for or all heroes, rather than a gigantic nerf for a single one.
  • Ah, for those who is say : He can still clear rooms, please, can you stop lie at yourself?

    Tell me who have less than 120 HP in this game.
    Everyone go around with officier, reinforcements, and heroes.
    So, excatly, who do you kill? bots?
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Well I'm guessing vader is next on the nerf list. Heroic might as far as HvV is concerned will be fine. I hardly ever get a fully charge heroic might only using it to combo into other moves. He'll practically be the same in HvV for me at least. They should've nerfed the damage to heroes to 200 & kept troopers at 120 at least. But hey he still has a 300 plus damage choke that'll still be a death sentence

    They nerf Anakin into being a potato and buff Obi-Wan's mind trick into being the most OP thing against anyone. I see can definitely see them finding a way to nerf Vader after only just buffing him.

    No they didn't he's still a top 3 hero. Retribution damage didn't get nerfed neither did the radius he's still fine

    The choke went from 4 seconds to 2 seconds. How is that not a damage nerf unless they increased the amount of damage done in those 2 seconds versus the previous 4?

    Its something that shouldn't exist in the first place.

    Vaders choke says hello 😕

    Vader's choke isnt a 4th ability that wasn't originally designed to reward bad play
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Well I'm guessing vader is next on the nerf list. Heroic might as far as HvV is concerned will be fine. I hardly ever get a fully charge heroic might only using it to combo into other moves. He'll practically be the same in HvV for me at least. They should've nerfed the damage to heroes to 200 & kept troopers at 120 at least. But hey he still has a 300 plus damage choke that'll still be a death sentence

    They nerf Anakin into being a potato and buff Obi-Wan's mind trick into being the most OP thing against anyone. I see can definitely see them finding a way to nerf Vader after only just buffing him.

    No they didn't he's still a top 3 hero. Retribution damage didn't get nerfed neither did the radius he's still fine

    The choke went from 4 seconds to 2 seconds. How is that not a damage nerf unless they increased the amount of damage done in those 2 seconds versus the previous 4?

    Its something that shouldn't exist in the first place.

    Ah yes, cry babies that beg for a nerf and will continue to cry until they get everything you want.

    >calls me a crybaby
    >Is crying

    Yikes then I guess we're both crying

    >Yikes
    TI72GEp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The point of Anakin is that he is meant to be powerful.

    You lost me there

    Yeah,

    When people imply that Anakin should be better than anyone else
    10hek3aqptq7.gif

    That's the basis on which he was made and that's what the same people who cried for nerfs, kept on asking for when he was announced, you ****.

    Who asked for him to more powerful than everyone else?

    The same people that kept on whining about how the light side were getting destroyed in HVV and GA before his release. If you've been in the community for long enough, you would know how ever since release people kept complaining (quite rightfully) about the dark side being considerably stronger than the light in both game modes.

    So Anakin was expected to bring balance (pun more or less intended).

    I suppose you won't acknowledge this fact since you seem more focused on disagreeing with anything I'm saying at this point in time.

    I've been here since launch, I and many people I know have been poining out the imbalance and we also specifically said that they SHOULD NOT just make Anakin OP to compensate nor do I subscribe to the absurd mentality of balancing around lore so I didn't support no "chosen one" nonsense either. You are generalizing.

    I don't care on which side you were on, I was just stating a fact.

    I didn't care about the light being underpowered, sure, I enjoyed playing dark side more, but I was always doing well with Yoda and Rey. Each time the meta changed, I adapted to it. I didn't even touch Anakin when he was released, I don't think I've ever played him when Heroic might was dealing 1000 damage and Retribution would snipe you across the map because I thought it was ridiculous and I was more focused on understanding the meta, rather than exploiting an OP hero.

    I only started playing him after they reduced HM damage and removed the passionate strike knock down, since I believed he was perfectly fine at that stage and I thought it would be worth playing him more at that point since I didn't think that he would receive another major nerf, but some minor tweaks instead.

    He used to be annoying in certain stages on certain maps in GA, Naboo last 2 stages and Kashyyyk 2nd stage being the most notorious ones, but it's not like he's the only hero that dominates certain stages on certain maps. Yoda, for instance, locks down the same stages as Anakin does. But yeah, people keep complaining about Yoda as well.

    I keep complaining about this patch because it is a very cheap fix and the problem should've been addressed in other ways, by either buffing other heroes or continuing with minor tweaks until he reached a level at which there would be somewhat of consensus within the community.

    Even so, I never had a problem taking Anakin down, because in his older form he could easily be countered by simply keeping distance and not charging his heroic might and / or saving your CC abilities until Anakin uses his, while playing as a villain.

    Anakin is not even the hero with which I have my highest streak. My best heroes are probably Yoda, Vader and Maul. Still, Anakin has been my favorite lately because I really like the way he was designed and I hate this update mainly because DICE simply gave in to bad players in order to make them happy, instead of tweaking Anakin further more.

    As I said on another thread, right now he lacks identity. His abilities are no longer reliable killing mechanics, and they don't really help his dueling either. What I mean by that is that rushing into groups of people isn't a good idea anymore since you can walk out with great HP losses and no kills at all. This means that he can no longer do the very thing he was created to do, which is why I'm asking for a kit change since Anakin seems to be this game's biggest problem...

    I hope you realize that this is far from his final form and right now he necessitates a re-work, kinda like Kylo and Boba.


    Its not a fact that that grand majority were demanding him to be OP, we can't for sure know but it is extremely doubtful, most people who were saying that he should be OP were Anakin fans/lore purists.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Ah, for those who is say : He can still clear rooms, please, can you stop lie at yourself?

    Tell me who have less than 120 HP in this game.
    Everyone go around with officier, reinforcements, and heroes.
    So, excatly, who do you kill? bots?

    The bonus damage HM star card boosts the ability to 150.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Ah, for those who is say : He can still clear rooms, please, can you stop lie at yourself?

    Tell me who have less than 120 HP in this game.
    Everyone go around with officier, reinforcements, and heroes.
    So, excatly, who do you kill? bots?

    The bonus damage HM star card boosts the ability to 150.

    Wow.
    Becasue everyone in this game go around with 150 hp :)
    There is no officer spam, heavy, reinforcementes and heroes. :)
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Ah, for those who is say : He can still clear rooms, please, can you stop lie at yourself?

    Tell me who have less than 120 HP in this game.
    Everyone go around with officier, reinforcements, and heroes.
    So, excatly, who do you kill? bots?

    The bonus damage HM star card boosts the ability to 150.

    Wow.
    Becasue everyone in this game go around with 150 hp :)
    There is no officer spam, heavy, reinforcementes and heroes. :)

    150 was a mistake. Other people have confirmed its 170, which will take out all basic troopers without a health boost.
    Also, HM isn’t meant to instakill reinforcements and heroes, obviously.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Ah, for those who is say : He can still clear rooms, please, can you stop lie at yourself?

    Tell me who have less than 120 HP in this game.
    Everyone go around with officier, reinforcements, and heroes.
    So, excatly, who do you kill? bots?

    The bonus damage HM star card boosts the ability to 150.

    Wow.
    Becasue everyone in this game go around with 150 hp :)
    There is no officer spam, heavy, reinforcementes and heroes. :)

    150 was a mistake. Other people have confirmed its 170, which will take out all basic troopers without a health boost.
    Also, HM isn’t meant to instakill reinforcements and heroes, obviously.

    AAHAHAHAHAHH okay.
    I suggest you go read the description when he was release :)
    Anakin should have the strongest force power in the game, not the weakest :)

    120 damage is a joke.
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Ah, for those who is say : He can still clear rooms, please, can you stop lie at yourself?

    Tell me who have less than 120 HP in this game.
    Everyone go around with officier, reinforcements, and heroes.
    So, excatly, who do you kill? bots?

    The bonus damage HM star card boosts the ability to 150.

    Wow.
    Becasue everyone in this game go around with 150 hp :)
    There is no officer spam, heavy, reinforcementes and heroes. :)

    150 was a mistake. Other people have confirmed its 170, which will take out all basic troopers without a health boost.
    Also, HM isn’t meant to instakill reinforcements and heroes, obviously.

    AAHAHAHAHAHH okay.
    I suggest you go read the description when he was release :)
    Anakin should have the strongest force power in the game, not the weakest :)

    120 damage is a joke.

    Why should he be the strongest? Is this more of the “cause he’s the Chosen One” nonsense?
    I think you don’t know what balance is. Anakin was meant to bring balance to the Force, and now the devs have fixed him to bring balance to this game. It is so obvious that you are either an Anakin fanboy or someone who is complaining that their insta-win button got taken away.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Ah, for those who is say : He can still clear rooms, please, can you stop lie at yourself?

    Tell me who have less than 120 HP in this game.
    Everyone go around with officier, reinforcements, and heroes.
    So, excatly, who do you kill? bots?

    The bonus damage HM star card boosts the ability to 150.

    Wow.
    Becasue everyone in this game go around with 150 hp :)
    There is no officer spam, heavy, reinforcementes and heroes. :)

    150 was a mistake. Other people have confirmed its 170, which will take out all basic troopers without a health boost.
    Also, HM isn’t meant to instakill reinforcements and heroes, obviously.

    AAHAHAHAHAHH okay.
    I suggest you go read the description when he was release :)
    Anakin should have the strongest force power in the game, not the weakest :)

    120 damage is a joke.

    Why should he be the strongest? Is this more of the “cause he’s the Chosen One” nonsense?
    I think you don’t know what balance is. Anakin was meant to bring balance to the Force, and now the devs have fixed him to bring balance to this game. It is so obvious that you are either an Anakin fanboy or someone who is complaining that their insta-win button got taken away.

    Because they said that. Go read the description.
    Anakin was designed to have the strongest force powers.
    Even if it was too much, now is too much nerfed.
    From 1000 to 120.
    Anakin is just a joke. Any villain can just **** him up but Phasma. And Phasma is just a troop with more health.
  • DarthJ
    6457 posts Member
    rq0r5bcmurs9.gif

    .....
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Ah, for those who is say : He can still clear rooms, please, can you stop lie at yourself?

    Tell me who have less than 120 HP in this game.
    Everyone go around with officier, reinforcements, and heroes.
    So, excatly, who do you kill? bots?

    The bonus damage HM star card boosts the ability to 150.

    Wow.
    Becasue everyone in this game go around with 150 hp :)
    There is no officer spam, heavy, reinforcementes and heroes. :)

    150 was a mistake. Other people have confirmed its 170, which will take out all basic troopers without a health boost.
    Also, HM isn’t meant to instakill reinforcements and heroes, obviously.

    AAHAHAHAHAHH okay.
    I suggest you go read the description when he was release :)
    Anakin should have the strongest force power in the game, not the weakest :)

    120 damage is a joke.

    Why should he be the strongest? Is this more of the “cause he’s the Chosen One” nonsense?
    I think you don’t know what balance is. Anakin was meant to bring balance to the Force, and now the devs have fixed him to bring balance to this game. It is so obvious that you are either an Anakin fanboy or someone who is complaining that their insta-win button got taken away.

    Because they said that. Go read the description.
    Anakin was designed to have the strongest force powers.
    Even if it was too much, now is too much nerfed.
    From 1000 to 120.
    Anakin is just a joke. Any villain can just **** him up but Phasma. And Phasma is just a troop with more health.

    Whatever you say, we both have different opinions, and that is perfectly normal.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • He needs either:

    A: A buff to his original strength before this awful patch minus retribution (Its Fine now).

    B: A rework. His current abilities are useless and the way his playing style was made is even worse. He was meant to be a room clearer. He is designed that way. Now that his former room clearing abilities are garbage, he literally cannot do anything on the battlefield. Passionate Strike is worthless, Retribution takes forever to charge and it is worthless. Heroic Might should just be called Heroic Whimper because of its utter uselessness. His only decent ability is pull. That’s it. If they took away all his abilities and just left him with pull, nothing would change. Just rework him to fit a play style of a hero like Vader or Dooku, Not a room clearer as he has been nerfed into oblivion and beyond.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!