criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

Complaining about Heroes

bobc222
14 posts Member
Why does everyone in the community seem to like to complain constantly about which heroes are 'op' or underpowered. This is literally how any game that has playable characters with different abilities in MP works.

The game starts out with a few characters who are better some worse.
The community whines about the OP characters until the devs nerf them into the ground.
The devs then deliver 'long-awaited' buffs to some of the worse characters.
But here's the thing that cannot be disputed: IT NEVER ENDS
We just go around and around and around in circles buffing and nerfing characters endlessly (literally look at any MP game with characters and you can see hundreds of threads complaining about balance).
Is it truly fun to constantly complain about everything not being 100% equal?

Why not just accept tiers, adjust BP costs accordingly and be done with it?

Replies

• Completely agree
  • Batman20
    2010 posts Member
    I agree you can't seem to please anyone on these forums they complain about something and once that's fixed they move on to something else until that's fixed then something else. Sometimes those complaints are fair like wanting anakin nerfed as before the recent nerfs he was basically a god in the game
  • I think the reason for it is that instead of having creative tools across the board, heroes had and some still have one wonder ability. For example launch Boba had only rocket barrage that was very op, but after its 2nd nerf his efficency dropped low. Before post Anakin change Kylo in 95% strenght was his frenzy (freeze combo with blaster villain aside). I'm not the biggest fan of Bossk, but his abilities are all usefull and work great when comboed without going to crazy on single one of them and he saw only one mine damage nerf. Han's bread and butter is his DL-44 and he only received slight health pool buff and HoK card.
  • SSJSnoop
    2158 posts Member
    Because people suck and look for excuses.
  • Supino
    158 posts Member
    I think the heroes should have tiers along with BP differences, with lightsabers ones and force users being at the end of it. It will be much easier to balance this way. I know everyone loves Han Solo and i love too, but its hard to balance him with a Sith.
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited June 16
    Agree on it’s got the devs endlessly chasing a perfect balance I don’t believe will ever happen. They all have different abilities, let’s move on to devs building content. I honestly wonder what time people have to sit around coming up with “game balance will be achieved if (insert hero’s ability) did (insert some minor adjustment such as 20 more damage from behind).
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Imagine Battlefront not about heroes... sucks that these days are over.
  • LexRage
    113 posts Member
    My only complain about heroes (apart from the obnoxious stun locks and force pushes in HvV :D ) is that there's no 40v40 conquest/assault mode without them.
    You have a good time fighting the other army, in an intense battle, and at some point Palpatine (just an arbitrary example) pops and begins to one-shot troopers, here and there. That's not exactly something I enjoy tbh :s
    That's also one of the reasons why I like the Extraction mode so much. The intensity of the fights is never ruined by a hero.
  • Cadoth
    1164 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Agreed bud everyone shut up about heroes time to talk about weapons

Too good to happen
  • Because there are some heroes who are bad and weak. And instead to buff them, they nerf the ones who are good.

Community wanted Anakin to be OP and powerful, and then they whined and cried for the nerf.
    And now, thanks to them, Anakin need a buff.

It will never end. Cause Dice will just nerf or buff to oblivion. There is no middle ground.
    Just look at Maul, he is just a killing machine now, with no weakness.
  • DarthCapa2
    2987 posts Member
    bobc222 wrote: »
    Why does everyone in the community seem to like to complain constantly about which heroes are 'op' or underpowered. This is literally how any game that has playable characters with different abilities in MP works.

The community whines about the OP characters until the devs nerf them into the ground.
    We just go around and around and around in circles buffing and nerfing characters endlessly (literally look at any MP game with characters and you can see hundreds of threads complaining about balance).

Maybe because it is normal and the work of the devs adjust as possible the title and the characters until the support will end? And because we have some heroes like Grievous that are still broken and bugged? (thurst surge)
  • Add mace windu or qui gon gin that’s what ppl want more Jedi. You could balance that off with savage oppress and Assag ventress. You could also give darth Maul skin for clone wars.
  • Cadoth
    1164 posts Member
    Add mace windu or qui gon gin that’s what ppl want more Jedi. You could balance that off with savage oppress and Assag ventress. You could also give darth Maul skin for clone wars.

Not everyone wants other lightsaber wielders
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Welcome to online multiplayer gaming

Buff Obi-Wan
  • bobc222
    14 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »

Just hate having to see you all constantly work to try to please everyone without getting the thanks for making such an incredible game.
  • bobc222 wrote: »

Just hate having to see you all constantly work to try to please everyone without getting the thanks for making such an incredible game.

Thank them for doing what they're supposed to do?
  • OcDoc
    1959 posts Member

I see no problem with that. Not like anyone is sending them a suitcase of cash or anything.

• XAnakin93 wrote: »

Community wanted Anakin to be OP and powerful, and then they whined and cried for the nerf.

There was some kind of official Anakin poll or what?

People who have any kind of brain didn't want him to be OP. Some of them just wanted him to be good but that's all. Maybe you're talking about some vocal minority but those guys are just out of touch with reality.
    Balance is the key. You don't balance the game by making OP characters.

He's fine now as he should be at launch.

I've got no problems with nerfs and buffs. The purpose of those is to make gameplay better, so what's the problem?

Balancing heroes is not easy. Making more heroes equals more mess. That's why we shouldn't ask for more Heroes/Villains but instead we should ask for more balancing so there are no weak heroes like Chewie or Phasma and no OP ones like Anakin (before the nerf).

The game is beautiful. The developers did a great job balancing the troopers (base 4). The beginning of GA and CS matches are usually amazing. Turn ground phase of CS maps into a Trooper-only mode (when people say Trooper only, they aren't talking ewoks and reinforcements), and the complaints on balance probably are cut down by a good third as there would be a place for people that don't like the lack of balance.

There is a drastic gap in skill levels in this game. Giving premades full of great players heroes and infiltrators within the first 2 minutes of play turn uneven matches into steam rolls. If matchmaking was improved, the lack of balance in units/tiers wouldn't be as bad.

Turning BP cost to 8,000 for heroes would be good as well.

• bobc222
    14 posts Member

Ultimately I just don't thinks its productive insofar as they will never satisfy everyone and will have to ping-pong back and forth on balance between heroes. If they were to set hero tiers ie Anakin+Yoda/Vader+Palpatine top tier and increase the BP cost accordingly then they wouldn't have to go in circles constantly.

It would also free them up to spend time doing things like nailing the execution on droidekas!
  • XAnakin93
    531 posts Member
    edited June 16
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »

There was some kind of official Anakin poll or what?

People who have any kind of brain didn't want him to be OP. Some of them just wanted him to be good but that's all. Maybe you're talking about some vocal minority but those guys are just out of touch with reality.
    Balance is the key. You don't balance the game by making OP characters.

He's fine now as he should be at launch.

I've got no problems with nerfs and buffs. The purpose of those is to make gameplay better, so what's the problem?

Balancing heroes is not easy. Making more heroes equals more mess. That's why we shouldn't ask for more Heroes/Villains but instead we should ask for more balancing so there are no weak heroes like Chewie or Phasma and no OP ones like Anakin (before the nerf).

You clearly don't follow forum or social media.
    Everyone wanted ANakin to be OP and more powerful than Rey.
    He was TOO much? yes. 1000 damage was just too much.

You want balance in a star wars game? srlys? yuou know how many things there are way broken than Anakin?

Anakin is not balance right now. And that doesnt' mean that he is WEAK, or bad.
    HM is just a pointless ability, cause the core of the skill got rip off.
    The point of HM was to charge, if you shoot him, you get punished.
    Now, it's like : Oh look Anakin doing HM, shoot him, who care, he does nothing anyway, and skilled players just avoid the skill and keep shooting at you. It's basically a death sentence now HM.
    It should do at least 250 damage, with the starcard IF they shoot you and charges you up.

Same for retribution, it got nerfed too much.

If you think it's fine, i respect your opinion, as you should respect mine.
    If you feel that a skill that charges 1 or 2 times in a game for do absoluting nothing, it's ok, than fine. i respect your opinion. For me it's not ok.
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    Personally, I'm more interested in optional abilities rather than the number outputs of present abilities.
    Numbers could endlessly change, but it's always the same skills... None of which are a Stun Baton.
    tumblr_nzntsxi9Sg1rlheeoo2_r1_540.0.gif
    Wknuto!

What incredible game? Im still waiting for a proper Battlefront... current game isnt that