criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Era lock for GA

Bring ERA lock in GA like in CS
or switch it.

it makes no sense for rey to be on naboo and lucasfilm always wanted canon material
or if that isnt the case why cant han solo get an indiana jones skin and darth revan as hero or better starkiller

WHERE IS THE FAIRNESS

CROSS ERA IS RUINING THE GAME EXPERIENCE

Replies

• capital supremacy is locked to clone wars the only non hero that isn't really from that era is Chewie but u can argue that he was because Wookies live for ages
  • and i love it. i want GALACTIC ASSAULT to be era locked because lucasfilm wanted only canon stuff
  • vonVile
    338 posts Member
    I've been asking for Hero Era lock since Anakin ruined GA.
  • I did some basic math. In CS there are 4 Heroes for each side. However people want choice between there Heroes and Villains and don't want to play the same 4 no matter the Map. 8 Heroes (not at a time) is the perfect number so that people can play different Heroes and have fun. The issue is that this means there are 16 Heroes for each Era which means there needs to be 48 Heroes in total. However if there DICE were to just make 4 Heroes for each side the Sequels still lack enough Heroes and Villains.
  • vonVile
    338 posts Member
    edited June 16
    If people just want to play Heroes that's what HvV is for. GA should be about the team experience, not selfish players wanting to get record kill streaks.

BF2 needs to go back to BF1 rules and have 1 Hero per side. That's what made BF1 fun. Working as a team to win a match, no a horde of 4 Heroes destroying the other team with no need for troops.
  • But some heroes are necessary and better for certain situations even in something that needs to be a team effort. If you’re stuck on a bad team not playing the objective, I guarantee you that Phasma won’t be able to contest and help win the second phase on Jakku. However, Maul or Bossk would.
  • morgymomo wrote: »
    capital supremacy is locked to clone wars the only non hero that isn't really from that era is Chewie but u can argue that he was because Wookies live for ages

Chewbacca was in Episode 3
  • vonVile wrote: »
    I've been asking for Hero Era lock since Anakin ruined GA.

yep he did. stop playing because of

1. anakin ruins the game

2. cross era

3. the bugs and glitches and hitregister is unearable

• if you don't like Cross Era play CS, Anikin has been nerfed and will continue to be nerfed.
  • An era lock would be great. Alternatively, they could do a clone wars mixed mode of all the game types. And ideally address the cross era hero issue that was mentioned.
  • An era lock would be great. Alternatively, they could do a clone wars mixed mode of all the game types. And ideally address the cross era hero issue that was mentioned.

The reason I say this is because I've only ever played GA geonosis maybe once or twice. This is because I have to sit through a bunch of maps that drive me nuts and an era that I really dislike and I don't have to deal with it in capital supremacy.
  • I think the problem is there just aren't enough players. When I play there aren't to many CS Games so I have to wait for more players. And with some gamemodes some people just don't play
  • but dice said there as many players as release.?????
  • hero era lock and a hero limit of 2 would be very good for GA so players can focus more on objectives and troops instead of playing HvV in GA.
    Plus weapons era lock is something i wanted in this game since the BETA. at least keeping the weapons from the future unavailable, but allowing older weapons for ERAs set after those weapons, for example rebellion and empire having access to clone wars weapons but not new trilogy weapons.
    this basically ruins the point of having multiple eras if its going to be all the same gear
  • That may be true but I can never find any games unless I wait in a lobby for hour
  • vonVile
    338 posts Member
    morgymomo wrote: »
    if you don't like Cross Era play CS, Anikin has been nerfed and will continue to be nerfed.

The reason for era locking Heroes is to get away from Anakin, not play CS where he's always there.
  • some people don't like seeing Anakin fight Storm troopers just because of the Era
  • Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    No please do not do this.
  • It's gonna be very unbalanced if its era locked. Happened for one event, don't let it happen again. This is especially for the sequel era. The variety and fantasy of Star Wars can be much better experienced through the cross era gameplay.
    CS has become rather dry for me due to the repetitive nature and era locked heroes. GA, though linear, has some progression and overtimers are welcomed in my opinion. The cross era heroes would allow for some interesting game strategies by combining different heroes' abilities.
    GA is the place where Blast, Strike, HvV and Starfighter Assault come into one big set. If you want only one of these game modes, there are those servers to go to, although player count would be another issue.

May the Force be with you.
  • Personally I find it lame that you are limited to the same 8 heroes in Capital Supremacy no matter what.
  • Personally I find it lame that you are limited to the same 8 heroes in Capital Supremacy no matter what.

Exactly. Especially since there are no other eras for CS, they should open all heroes until they have other eras, then maybe call in era lock.

May the Force be with you.