criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

If Heroes and Villians is so good, why leave

2

Replies

  • Ppong_Man12
    2296 posts Member
    edited June 13
    The runners and map exploiters now quit when they get stomped. Before, they could run away as the target. Or hide in a wall as a target. Thus dragging out the match and making it APPEAR to be more competitive than it actually was.

    The real problem isn't TDM. TDM is a significant improvement over target system. But it's not the answer.

    The real problem is 4v4. Target system or no target system, 4v4 is 😴

    Heroes Unleashed would be an amazing permanent hero mode option.

    Heroes vs Villians Extraction (8v8 heroes only) would be an awesome permanent hero mode

    BF2015 HvV (8v8 trooper/hero mix) would be a better hero mode

    Absolutely, agree, an 8v8 may be a better option, maybe. Extraction would definitely be interesting kinda like overwatch. Also the first HvV in 15 with infantry not only balanced things but always seem to be full.

    I played the h outta that mode and never remember many runners,(very few), and certainly didn’t have the quitting problem.
    8v8 would also make small premades less noticeable, or less relevant anyway, unless people started doing 6 and 8 man premades.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    The real problem isn't TDM. TDM is a significant improvement over target system.

    It's really not. It feels like a nonstop grind. It's slightly more fun now that the permanent radar is gone, but it gets really boring because there really aren't any tactics beyond chest bumping against the other team until somebody drops dead. The variety and creativity and problem solving isn't there anymore. As predicted, there's often lots of camping. There's no dueling because there's always a blaster around to shoot you when you're deep in a fight.

    It's only going to get worse as people (especially premades) start to figure out where the best choke points and just run straight to them every match. There's always going to be at least one fool who keeps running into the crowd and dying.....and stuff like Bossk's full health regen is going to become more of a factor. Especially with noobs who don't know any better, cos they're going to think that hurling themselves at the enemy team is slowly chipping away at them, when in all likelihood, the other team is probably getting most or all of their health back.

    I keep trying, every day, to make the best of it. It just feels like having to slog through way too many steamrolls (both winning and losing) to the point that it's almost not worth it to roll the dice and hope for that one good match that might happen eventually.

    I see low level players now, all the time, so I don't think we're hurting for headcount. If anything, TDM piqued the curiosity of a lot of folks, and brought them to the game (either that or the super awesome low purchase price), so we have all the more good reason to bring the target system back (with any tweaks necessary) to provide some very much needed variety. It's not going to drive any of those new players away, but it will give them an alternative that might help them stick with the hero modes for longer than they might otherwise, when they get bored of TDM.

    I would also welcome Hero Extraction, but I still think the target system is a great idea with a lot of potential. Like Starfighter Assault, it was needlessly abandoned, with no effort made to improve it.

    Yes.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • lol perhaps that was me being the mad suicide player :)
  • TheScape
    2225 posts Member
    Count me in for an 8vs8 Hero Extraction mode. No infantry, just heroes. That could be good chaotic fun.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • So.. i've just played and completed a HvV match today, whereby Emperor Palpy was safely perched right at the top structure of Yavin IV above the Courtyard emoting the whole game "Good Good.. Let the Hate Flow Through You.." while spectating the entire fight below, his teammates 3 of them Vader, Maul and Dooku furiously fighting for their lives versus the 4 of us.

    Needless to say what the conclusion is especially when his End Score was 0

    :joy:
  • Revan72
    237 posts Member
    When a player quits during the match...

    txeonaxz198d.gif
  • SSJSnoop
    1997 posts Member
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If there is a penalty for quitting people will just stop trying when it gets out of hand. They'll run out of bounds or just keep running at enemies without fighting.

    Edit: really it's a bit of a no win either way....

    That's not true. Way more people would be deterred and finish matches than throw tantrums and AFK or suicide over and over.

    I see it happen quite frequently, and I'll admit, I've done it as well. Especially if I am still trying when down 4v2, and after every time I'm killed, the enemy team feels the need to emote after every kill. These players come across as quite toxic and not anyone I want to play with. So if we are down 15 points, it's 4v2 and I'm getting emoted even though I'm staying and actually trying...well, guess what, I'm done. No thanks. If for no other reason than to not give them the satisfaction of hitting their "I'm a man" button, I will do what I can to end the match ASAP. I have no time for people who wish to taunt a team that is undermanned. Also, given the fact that I can't change my character half the time if the match goes sideways and I'm stuck having to pick a blaster hero so it's 2 blasters vs. a full team, what on earth is the point?

    Now, if it's a good, fun, exciting match that is balanced and close....I can lose all day long if I'm having a good time and having fun. The problem with this mode is there is really no middle ground....I never have a "decent" match. It's either no fun at all in 10 seconds, OR it's a great back and forth fun match. Unfortunately the "no fun" matches are far more common in my experience.

    You guys are putting the cart before the horse as it were.

    You're only quitting because other players quit and leave you outnumbered. They quit because they got salty at their deaths and left.

    If there was a penalty that kept them in check, deterred them from leaving, and essentially stop people from quitting, then you wouldn't have any problems correct?

    The enemy emoting can be annoying and I can understand it being extra annoying when you're down a man or two and they still do it. But again, if people didn't ragequit, and you had full teams then the emoting wouldn't bother you as much, win or lose, No?

    The solution is clear but nobody wants to admit it.

    I understand what you are saying, and I get your logic. However, based on my experience, which granted, is not the same as yours, that if a person is fed up to the point of quitting, they are going to quit, regardless of a 5 or 10 minute penalty. I mean really, by the time you quit out, go grab a drink and hit the bathroom, then load into a new game, 5 or 10 minutes have gone by. So in my opinion it wouldn't be quite the deterrent you are wanting it to be.

    Now, if they DID make it a larger deterrent....say 20 min or 30 min, then I think you would see people stop trying. It's the proverbial running into a brick wall over and over. If a match is 35 - 15 in 60 seconds, and no one feels they can quit out for fear of penalty, those who would have rage quit will just stop playing, or start running out of bounds or whatever.

    Using your point, all it takes is one person getting salty and going AFK or jumping off ledges for the rest of the team to get annoyed and do the same.

    I think the main issue is matchmaking, but you'll never be able to totally police player behavior. They will never be able to make people "try" if they aren't having a good time.

    I understand what you are saying as well and I understand your logic but your evidence that it won't work is hypothetical/anecdotal.

    A penalty, regardless of how long, will deter players from quitting/suiciding. Not all players as there will still be salty trolls who ruin matches but that isn't common, that isn't the majority of the time.

    It will make a difference. Other games have it and it works/helps. It will have the same effect here.

    I don't know why everyone is resistant to the most obvious solution. We'll never know if we don't try.
  • TheScape
    2225 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If there is a penalty for quitting people will just stop trying when it gets out of hand. They'll run out of bounds or just keep running at enemies without fighting.

    Edit: really it's a bit of a no win either way....

    That's not true. Way more people would be deterred and finish matches than throw tantrums and AFK or suicide over and over.

    I see it happen quite frequently, and I'll admit, I've done it as well. Especially if I am still trying when down 4v2, and after every time I'm killed, the enemy team feels the need to emote after every kill. These players come across as quite toxic and not anyone I want to play with. So if we are down 15 points, it's 4v2 and I'm getting emoted even though I'm staying and actually trying...well, guess what, I'm done. No thanks. If for no other reason than to not give them the satisfaction of hitting their "I'm a man" button, I will do what I can to end the match ASAP. I have no time for people who wish to taunt a team that is undermanned. Also, given the fact that I can't change my character half the time if the match goes sideways and I'm stuck having to pick a blaster hero so it's 2 blasters vs. a full team, what on earth is the point?

    Now, if it's a good, fun, exciting match that is balanced and close....I can lose all day long if I'm having a good time and having fun. The problem with this mode is there is really no middle ground....I never have a "decent" match. It's either no fun at all in 10 seconds, OR it's a great back and forth fun match. Unfortunately the "no fun" matches are far more common in my experience.

    You guys are putting the cart before the horse as it were.

    You're only quitting because other players quit and leave you outnumbered. They quit because they got salty at their deaths and left.

    If there was a penalty that kept them in check, deterred them from leaving, and essentially stop people from quitting, then you wouldn't have any problems correct?

    The enemy emoting can be annoying and I can understand it being extra annoying when you're down a man or two and they still do it. But again, if people didn't ragequit, and you had full teams then the emoting wouldn't bother you as much, win or lose, No?

    The solution is clear but nobody wants to admit it.

    I understand what you are saying, and I get your logic. However, based on my experience, which granted, is not the same as yours, that if a person is fed up to the point of quitting, they are going to quit, regardless of a 5 or 10 minute penalty. I mean really, by the time you quit out, go grab a drink and hit the bathroom, then load into a new game, 5 or 10 minutes have gone by. So in my opinion it wouldn't be quite the deterrent you are wanting it to be.

    Now, if they DID make it a larger deterrent....say 20 min or 30 min, then I think you would see people stop trying. It's the proverbial running into a brick wall over and over. If a match is 35 - 15 in 60 seconds, and no one feels they can quit out for fear of penalty, those who would have rage quit will just stop playing, or start running out of bounds or whatever.

    Using your point, all it takes is one person getting salty and going AFK or jumping off ledges for the rest of the team to get annoyed and do the same.

    I think the main issue is matchmaking, but you'll never be able to totally police player behavior. They will never be able to make people "try" if they aren't having a good time.

    I understand what you are saying as well and I understand your logic but your evidence that it won't work is hypothetical/anecdotal.

    A penalty, regardless of how long, will deter players from quitting/suiciding. Not all players as there will still be salty trolls who ruin matches but that isn't common, that isn't the majority of the time.

    It will make a difference. Other games have it and it works/helps. It will have the same effect here.

    I don't know why everyone is resistant to the most obvious solution. We'll never know if we don't try.

    It isn't resistance. In my case, they can go ahead and try. But I have 0 faith on it fixing quitters. It will either not deter them from quitting or it will make them troll their team.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If there is a penalty for quitting people will just stop trying when it gets out of hand. They'll run out of bounds or just keep running at enemies without fighting.

    Edit: really it's a bit of a no win either way....

    That's not true. Way more people would be deterred and finish matches than throw tantrums and AFK or suicide over and over.

    I see it happen quite frequently, and I'll admit, I've done it as well. Especially if I am still trying when down 4v2, and after every time I'm killed, the enemy team feels the need to emote after every kill. These players come across as quite toxic and not anyone I want to play with. So if we are down 15 points, it's 4v2 and I'm getting emoted even though I'm staying and actually trying...well, guess what, I'm done. No thanks. If for no other reason than to not give them the satisfaction of hitting their "I'm a man" button, I will do what I can to end the match ASAP. I have no time for people who wish to taunt a team that is undermanned. Also, given the fact that I can't change my character half the time if the match goes sideways and I'm stuck having to pick a blaster hero so it's 2 blasters vs. a full team, what on earth is the point?

    Now, if it's a good, fun, exciting match that is balanced and close....I can lose all day long if I'm having a good time and having fun. The problem with this mode is there is really no middle ground....I never have a "decent" match. It's either no fun at all in 10 seconds, OR it's a great back and forth fun match. Unfortunately the "no fun" matches are far more common in my experience.

    You guys are putting the cart before the horse as it were.

    You're only quitting because other players quit and leave you outnumbered. They quit because they got salty at their deaths and left.

    If there was a penalty that kept them in check, deterred them from leaving, and essentially stop people from quitting, then you wouldn't have any problems correct?

    The enemy emoting can be annoying and I can understand it being extra annoying when you're down a man or two and they still do it. But again, if people didn't ragequit, and you had full teams then the emoting wouldn't bother you as much, win or lose, No?

    The solution is clear but nobody wants to admit it.

    I understand what you are saying, and I get your logic. However, based on my experience, which granted, is not the same as yours, that if a person is fed up to the point of quitting, they are going to quit, regardless of a 5 or 10 minute penalty. I mean really, by the time you quit out, go grab a drink and hit the bathroom, then load into a new game, 5 or 10 minutes have gone by. So in my opinion it wouldn't be quite the deterrent you are wanting it to be.

    Now, if they DID make it a larger deterrent....say 20 min or 30 min, then I think you would see people stop trying. It's the proverbial running into a brick wall over and over. If a match is 35 - 15 in 60 seconds, and no one feels they can quit out for fear of penalty, those who would have rage quit will just stop playing, or start running out of bounds or whatever.

    Using your point, all it takes is one person getting salty and going AFK or jumping off ledges for the rest of the team to get annoyed and do the same.

    I think the main issue is matchmaking, but you'll never be able to totally police player behavior. They will never be able to make people "try" if they aren't having a good time.

    I understand what you are saying as well and I understand your logic but your evidence that it won't work is hypothetical/anecdotal.

    A penalty, regardless of how long, will deter players from quitting/suiciding. Not all players as there will still be salty trolls who ruin matches but that isn't common, that isn't the majority of the time.

    It will make a difference. Other games have it and it works/helps. It will have the same effect here.

    I don't know why everyone is resistant to the most obvious solution. We'll never know if we don't try.

    It isn't resistance. In my case, they can go ahead and try. But I have 0 faith on it fixing quitters. It will either not deter them from quitting or it will make them troll their team.

    I think it would help quitting in the sense of leaving the match. There is a difference between that and someone who "gives up".

    I think it would be better to try and incentivise staying and trying. Like larger credit payouts, giving credits for levelling beyond 40, etc.

    I know a lot of players say credits don't matter because they have everything they want and have a ton of credits, and that's great, but not everyone does. I've been playing since launch and I have a lot of stuff left to buy. Plus with all the new stuff that's coming, it sounds like there will be new stuff to get.

    So as silly as it may sound to some, if you get a 500 credit bonus for getting 5 kills or something like that, it may encourage players to keep trying, even if the W is out of reach.

    Edit: Spelling
  • SSJSnoop
    1997 posts Member
    edited June 13
    TheScape wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If there is a penalty for quitting people will just stop trying when it gets out of hand. They'll run out of bounds or just keep running at enemies without fighting.

    Edit: really it's a bit of a no win either way....

    That's not true. Way more people would be deterred and finish matches than throw tantrums and AFK or suicide over and over.

    I see it happen quite frequently, and I'll admit, I've done it as well. Especially if I am still trying when down 4v2, and after every time I'm killed, the enemy team feels the need to emote after every kill. These players come across as quite toxic and not anyone I want to play with. So if we are down 15 points, it's 4v2 and I'm getting emoted even though I'm staying and actually trying...well, guess what, I'm done. No thanks. If for no other reason than to not give them the satisfaction of hitting their "I'm a man" button, I will do what I can to end the match ASAP. I have no time for people who wish to taunt a team that is undermanned. Also, given the fact that I can't change my character half the time if the match goes sideways and I'm stuck having to pick a blaster hero so it's 2 blasters vs. a full team, what on earth is the point?

    Now, if it's a good, fun, exciting match that is balanced and close....I can lose all day long if I'm having a good time and having fun. The problem with this mode is there is really no middle ground....I never have a "decent" match. It's either no fun at all in 10 seconds, OR it's a great back and forth fun match. Unfortunately the "no fun" matches are far more common in my experience.

    You guys are putting the cart before the horse as it were.

    You're only quitting because other players quit and leave you outnumbered. They quit because they got salty at their deaths and left.

    If there was a penalty that kept them in check, deterred them from leaving, and essentially stop people from quitting, then you wouldn't have any problems correct?

    The enemy emoting can be annoying and I can understand it being extra annoying when you're down a man or two and they still do it. But again, if people didn't ragequit, and you had full teams then the emoting wouldn't bother you as much, win or lose, No?

    The solution is clear but nobody wants to admit it.

    I understand what you are saying, and I get your logic. However, based on my experience, which granted, is not the same as yours, that if a person is fed up to the point of quitting, they are going to quit, regardless of a 5 or 10 minute penalty. I mean really, by the time you quit out, go grab a drink and hit the bathroom, then load into a new game, 5 or 10 minutes have gone by. So in my opinion it wouldn't be quite the deterrent you are wanting it to be.

    Now, if they DID make it a larger deterrent....say 20 min or 30 min, then I think you would see people stop trying. It's the proverbial running into a brick wall over and over. If a match is 35 - 15 in 60 seconds, and no one feels they can quit out for fear of penalty, those who would have rage quit will just stop playing, or start running out of bounds or whatever.

    Using your point, all it takes is one person getting salty and going AFK or jumping off ledges for the rest of the team to get annoyed and do the same.

    I think the main issue is matchmaking, but you'll never be able to totally police player behavior. They will never be able to make people "try" if they aren't having a good time.

    I understand what you are saying as well and I understand your logic but your evidence that it won't work is hypothetical/anecdotal.

    A penalty, regardless of how long, will deter players from quitting/suiciding. Not all players as there will still be salty trolls who ruin matches but that isn't common, that isn't the majority of the time.

    It will make a difference. Other games have it and it works/helps. It will have the same effect here.

    I don't know why everyone is resistant to the most obvious solution. We'll never know if we don't try.

    It isn't resistance. In my case, they can go ahead and try. But I have 0 faith on it fixing quitters. It will either not deter them from quitting or it will make them troll their team.

    It'll be better than what we have now, which is nothing.

    It can't hurt, it can only help. Not everyone who would quit and is forced to play would troll their team. The deterrent is it takes longer to quit and receive a penalty than finish the match.

    I'm not saying it will fix quitters 100% but it will definitely make an impact.
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If there is a penalty for quitting people will just stop trying when it gets out of hand. They'll run out of bounds or just keep running at enemies without fighting.

    Edit: really it's a bit of a no win either way....

    That's not true. Way more people would be deterred and finish matches than throw tantrums and AFK or suicide over and over.

    I see it happen quite frequently, and I'll admit, I've done it as well. Especially if I am still trying when down 4v2, and after every time I'm killed, the enemy team feels the need to emote after every kill. These players come across as quite toxic and not anyone I want to play with. So if we are down 15 points, it's 4v2 and I'm getting emoted even though I'm staying and actually trying...well, guess what, I'm done. No thanks. If for no other reason than to not give them the satisfaction of hitting their "I'm a man" button, I will do what I can to end the match ASAP. I have no time for people who wish to taunt a team that is undermanned. Also, given the fact that I can't change my character half the time if the match goes sideways and I'm stuck having to pick a blaster hero so it's 2 blasters vs. a full team, what on earth is the point?

    Now, if it's a good, fun, exciting match that is balanced and close....I can lose all day long if I'm having a good time and having fun. The problem with this mode is there is really no middle ground....I never have a "decent" match. It's either no fun at all in 10 seconds, OR it's a great back and forth fun match. Unfortunately the "no fun" matches are far more common in my experience.

    You guys are putting the cart before the horse as it were.

    You're only quitting because other players quit and leave you outnumbered. They quit because they got salty at their deaths and left.

    If there was a penalty that kept them in check, deterred them from leaving, and essentially stop people from quitting, then you wouldn't have any problems correct?

    The enemy emoting can be annoying and I can understand it being extra annoying when you're down a man or two and they still do it. But again, if people didn't ragequit, and you had full teams then the emoting wouldn't bother you as much, win or lose, No?

    The solution is clear but nobody wants to admit it.

    I understand what you are saying, and I get your logic. However, based on my experience, which granted, is not the same as yours, that if a person is fed up to the point of quitting, they are going to quit, regardless of a 5 or 10 minute penalty. I mean really, by the time you quit out, go grab a drink and hit the bathroom, then load into a new game, 5 or 10 minutes have gone by. So in my opinion it wouldn't be quite the deterrent you are wanting it to be.

    Now, if they DID make it a larger deterrent....say 20 min or 30 min, then I think you would see people stop trying. It's the proverbial running into a brick wall over and over. If a match is 35 - 15 in 60 seconds, and no one feels they can quit out for fear of penalty, those who would have rage quit will just stop playing, or start running out of bounds or whatever.

    Using your point, all it takes is one person getting salty and going AFK or jumping off ledges for the rest of the team to get annoyed and do the same.

    I think the main issue is matchmaking, but you'll never be able to totally police player behavior. They will never be able to make people "try" if they aren't having a good time.

    I understand what you are saying as well and I understand your logic but your evidence that it won't work is hypothetical/anecdotal.

    A penalty, regardless of how long, will deter players from quitting/suiciding. Not all players as there will still be salty trolls who ruin matches but that isn't common, that isn't the majority of the time.

    It will make a difference. Other games have it and it works/helps. It will have the same effect here.

    I don't know why everyone is resistant to the most obvious solution. We'll never know if we don't try.

    It isn't resistance. In my case, they can go ahead and try. But I have 0 faith on it fixing quitters. It will either not deter them from quitting or it will make them troll their team.

    I think it would help quitting in the sense of leaving the match. There is a difference between that and someone who "gives up".

    I think it would be better to try and incentivise staying and trying. Like larger credit payouts, giving credits for levelling beyond 40, etc.

    I know a lot of players say credits don't matter because they have everything they want and have a ton of credits, and that's great, but not everyone does. I've been playing since launch and I have a lot of stuff left to buy. Plus with all the new stuff that's coming, it sounds like there will be new stuff to get.

    So as silly as it may sound to some, if you get a 500 credit bonus for getting 5 kills or something like that, it may encourage players to keep trying, even if the W is out of reach.

    Edit: Spelling

    I've been asking for more credits since launch. People around here don't want to hear it.

    They love how much credits they get. They have too much as it is. They vehemently don't want more credits so don't ask...
  • bfloo
    15034 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If there is a penalty for quitting people will just stop trying when it gets out of hand. They'll run out of bounds or just keep running at enemies without fighting.

    Edit: really it's a bit of a no win either way....

    That's not true. Way more people would be deterred and finish matches than throw tantrums and AFK or suicide over and over.

    I see it happen quite frequently, and I'll admit, I've done it as well. Especially if I am still trying when down 4v2, and after every time I'm killed, the enemy team feels the need to emote after every kill. These players come across as quite toxic and not anyone I want to play with. So if we are down 15 points, it's 4v2 and I'm getting emoted even though I'm staying and actually trying...well, guess what, I'm done. No thanks. If for no other reason than to not give them the satisfaction of hitting their "I'm a man" button, I will do what I can to end the match ASAP. I have no time for people who wish to taunt a team that is undermanned. Also, given the fact that I can't change my character half the time if the match goes sideways and I'm stuck having to pick a blaster hero so it's 2 blasters vs. a full team, what on earth is the point?

    Now, if it's a good, fun, exciting match that is balanced and close....I can lose all day long if I'm having a good time and having fun. The problem with this mode is there is really no middle ground....I never have a "decent" match. It's either no fun at all in 10 seconds, OR it's a great back and forth fun match. Unfortunately the "no fun" matches are far more common in my experience.

    You guys are putting the cart before the horse as it were.

    You're only quitting because other players quit and leave you outnumbered. They quit because they got salty at their deaths and left.

    If there was a penalty that kept them in check, deterred them from leaving, and essentially stop people from quitting, then you wouldn't have any problems correct?

    The enemy emoting can be annoying and I can understand it being extra annoying when you're down a man or two and they still do it. But again, if people didn't ragequit, and you had full teams then the emoting wouldn't bother you as much, win or lose, No?

    The solution is clear but nobody wants to admit it.

    I understand what you are saying, and I get your logic. However, based on my experience, which granted, is not the same as yours, that if a person is fed up to the point of quitting, they are going to quit, regardless of a 5 or 10 minute penalty. I mean really, by the time you quit out, go grab a drink and hit the bathroom, then load into a new game, 5 or 10 minutes have gone by. So in my opinion it wouldn't be quite the deterrent you are wanting it to be.

    Now, if they DID make it a larger deterrent....say 20 min or 30 min, then I think you would see people stop trying. It's the proverbial running into a brick wall over and over. If a match is 35 - 15 in 60 seconds, and no one feels they can quit out for fear of penalty, those who would have rage quit will just stop playing, or start running out of bounds or whatever.

    Using your point, all it takes is one person getting salty and going AFK or jumping off ledges for the rest of the team to get annoyed and do the same.

    I think the main issue is matchmaking, but you'll never be able to totally police player behavior. They will never be able to make people "try" if they aren't having a good time.

    I understand what you are saying as well and I understand your logic but your evidence that it won't work is hypothetical/anecdotal.

    A penalty, regardless of how long, will deter players from quitting/suiciding. Not all players as there will still be salty trolls who ruin matches but that isn't common, that isn't the majority of the time.

    It will make a difference. Other games have it and it works/helps. It will have the same effect here.

    I don't know why everyone is resistant to the most obvious solution. We'll never know if we don't try.

    It isn't resistance. In my case, they can go ahead and try. But I have 0 faith on it fixing quitters. It will either not deter them from quitting or it will make them troll their team.

    It'll be better than what we have now, which is nothing.

    It can't hurt, it can only help. Not everyone who would quit and is forced to play would troll their team. The deterrent is it takes longer to quit and receive a penalty than finish the match.

    I'm not saying it will fix quitters 100% but it will definitely make an impact.
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If there is a penalty for quitting people will just stop trying when it gets out of hand. They'll run out of bounds or just keep running at enemies without fighting.

    Edit: really it's a bit of a no win either way....

    That's not true. Way more people would be deterred and finish matches than throw tantrums and AFK or suicide over and over.

    I see it happen quite frequently, and I'll admit, I've done it as well. Especially if I am still trying when down 4v2, and after every time I'm killed, the enemy team feels the need to emote after every kill. These players come across as quite toxic and not anyone I want to play with. So if we are down 15 points, it's 4v2 and I'm getting emoted even though I'm staying and actually trying...well, guess what, I'm done. No thanks. If for no other reason than to not give them the satisfaction of hitting their "I'm a man" button, I will do what I can to end the match ASAP. I have no time for people who wish to taunt a team that is undermanned. Also, given the fact that I can't change my character half the time if the match goes sideways and I'm stuck having to pick a blaster hero so it's 2 blasters vs. a full team, what on earth is the point?

    Now, if it's a good, fun, exciting match that is balanced and close....I can lose all day long if I'm having a good time and having fun. The problem with this mode is there is really no middle ground....I never have a "decent" match. It's either no fun at all in 10 seconds, OR it's a great back and forth fun match. Unfortunately the "no fun" matches are far more common in my experience.

    You guys are putting the cart before the horse as it were.

    You're only quitting because other players quit and leave you outnumbered. They quit because they got salty at their deaths and left.

    If there was a penalty that kept them in check, deterred them from leaving, and essentially stop people from quitting, then you wouldn't have any problems correct?

    The enemy emoting can be annoying and I can understand it being extra annoying when you're down a man or two and they still do it. But again, if people didn't ragequit, and you had full teams then the emoting wouldn't bother you as much, win or lose, No?

    The solution is clear but nobody wants to admit it.

    I understand what you are saying, and I get your logic. However, based on my experience, which granted, is not the same as yours, that if a person is fed up to the point of quitting, they are going to quit, regardless of a 5 or 10 minute penalty. I mean really, by the time you quit out, go grab a drink and hit the bathroom, then load into a new game, 5 or 10 minutes have gone by. So in my opinion it wouldn't be quite the deterrent you are wanting it to be.

    Now, if they DID make it a larger deterrent....say 20 min or 30 min, then I think you would see people stop trying. It's the proverbial running into a brick wall over and over. If a match is 35 - 15 in 60 seconds, and no one feels they can quit out for fear of penalty, those who would have rage quit will just stop playing, or start running out of bounds or whatever.

    Using your point, all it takes is one person getting salty and going AFK or jumping off ledges for the rest of the team to get annoyed and do the same.

    I think the main issue is matchmaking, but you'll never be able to totally police player behavior. They will never be able to make people "try" if they aren't having a good time.

    I understand what you are saying as well and I understand your logic but your evidence that it won't work is hypothetical/anecdotal.

    A penalty, regardless of how long, will deter players from quitting/suiciding. Not all players as there will still be salty trolls who ruin matches but that isn't common, that isn't the majority of the time.

    It will make a difference. Other games have it and it works/helps. It will have the same effect here.

    I don't know why everyone is resistant to the most obvious solution. We'll never know if we don't try.

    It isn't resistance. In my case, they can go ahead and try. But I have 0 faith on it fixing quitters. It will either not deter them from quitting or it will make them troll their team.

    I think it would help quitting in the sense of leaving the match. There is a difference between that and someone who "gives up".

    I think it would be better to try and incentivise staying and trying. Like larger credit payouts, giving credits for levelling beyond 40, etc.

    I know a lot of players say credits don't matter because they have everything they want and have a ton of credits, and that's great, but not everyone does. I've been playing since launch and I have a lot of stuff left to buy. Plus with all the new stuff that's coming, it sounds like there will be new stuff to get.

    So as silly as it may sound to some, if you get a 500 credit bonus for getting 5 kills or something like that, it may encourage players to keep trying, even if the W is out of reach.

    Edit: Spelling

    I've been asking for more credits since launch. People around here don't want to hear it.

    They love how much credits they get. They have too much as it is. They vehemently don't want more credits so don't ask...

    Once you are playing this game long enough, credits are a non event.

    I already unlocked what I wanted, including heroes at the time, plus stuff hitting the wrong button (ie not paying attention to the clone bundles) and still have close to 300k, with nothing I want even hinted at.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    Yeah I hate quitters and only quit games if there is something else I need to do. I think it's due to two reasons...

    1. People get bored more now there is no objective and variety of gameplay. The mode is now the same thing every second of every game. where as before you needed different strategies depending on who their target was, who was defending their target, where their target was, if you were defending or attacking, who you were defending and so on... Now its just run in and kill. Teams sit and camp and 4v1 all game and I personally find that so much less interesting.

    2. The other issue is games are much more one sided now its team death match and there is basically no way of pulling games back when you go behind. A lot of players seem to have a serious hatred of losing (which is daft seeing as it's just a game and someone has to lose) and quit if they think the game can't be won.

    I agree with this, and quite frankly, I totally understand it. If it's 35-20 in the first 2 minutes of the match, what's the point? I mean, really? Especially the low XP and credit payout, not to mention that there is no incentive to continue leveling characters past lv. 40. So you have no incentive to stay if on the receiving end of a steamroll.

    So if all you have left to play for is fun, well, getting hammered when down by 15 points with 20 left to go isn't fun. Especially if a couple of people quit. While I've seen people talk of the winning team backing off and allowing more players to populate, I've not seen this. Instead, it's 4v1 gang tackle, followed by emoting after every kill like killing someone who has zero chance in a 4v1 was an amazing accomplishment.

    Then of course, if people don't quit the match, they just quit playing. Run out of bounds, jump off ledges, or just walk away to make a sandwich and use the bathroom. While I've had some really fun matches that are close and well played, 80% of the matches are stomps. And over basically as soon as it's started.

    Not true at all. I've had games come back from 18-31 by myself and with a partner

  • bfloo wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If there is a penalty for quitting people will just stop trying when it gets out of hand. They'll run out of bounds or just keep running at enemies without fighting.

    Edit: really it's a bit of a no win either way....

    That's not true. Way more people would be deterred and finish matches than throw tantrums and AFK or suicide over and over.

    I see it happen quite frequently, and I'll admit, I've done it as well. Especially if I am still trying when down 4v2, and after every time I'm killed, the enemy team feels the need to emote after every kill. These players come across as quite toxic and not anyone I want to play with. So if we are down 15 points, it's 4v2 and I'm getting emoted even though I'm staying and actually trying...well, guess what, I'm done. No thanks. If for no other reason than to not give them the satisfaction of hitting their "I'm a man" button, I will do what I can to end the match ASAP. I have no time for people who wish to taunt a team that is undermanned. Also, given the fact that I can't change my character half the time if the match goes sideways and I'm stuck having to pick a blaster hero so it's 2 blasters vs. a full team, what on earth is the point?

    Now, if it's a good, fun, exciting match that is balanced and close....I can lose all day long if I'm having a good time and having fun. The problem with this mode is there is really no middle ground....I never have a "decent" match. It's either no fun at all in 10 seconds, OR it's a great back and forth fun match. Unfortunately the "no fun" matches are far more common in my experience.

    You guys are putting the cart before the horse as it were.

    You're only quitting because other players quit and leave you outnumbered. They quit because they got salty at their deaths and left.

    If there was a penalty that kept them in check, deterred them from leaving, and essentially stop people from quitting, then you wouldn't have any problems correct?

    The enemy emoting can be annoying and I can understand it being extra annoying when you're down a man or two and they still do it. But again, if people didn't ragequit, and you had full teams then the emoting wouldn't bother you as much, win or lose, No?

    The solution is clear but nobody wants to admit it.

    I understand what you are saying, and I get your logic. However, based on my experience, which granted, is not the same as yours, that if a person is fed up to the point of quitting, they are going to quit, regardless of a 5 or 10 minute penalty. I mean really, by the time you quit out, go grab a drink and hit the bathroom, then load into a new game, 5 or 10 minutes have gone by. So in my opinion it wouldn't be quite the deterrent you are wanting it to be.

    Now, if they DID make it a larger deterrent....say 20 min or 30 min, then I think you would see people stop trying. It's the proverbial running into a brick wall over and over. If a match is 35 - 15 in 60 seconds, and no one feels they can quit out for fear of penalty, those who would have rage quit will just stop playing, or start running out of bounds or whatever.

    Using your point, all it takes is one person getting salty and going AFK or jumping off ledges for the rest of the team to get annoyed and do the same.

    I think the main issue is matchmaking, but you'll never be able to totally police player behavior. They will never be able to make people "try" if they aren't having a good time.

    I understand what you are saying as well and I understand your logic but your evidence that it won't work is hypothetical/anecdotal.

    A penalty, regardless of how long, will deter players from quitting/suiciding. Not all players as there will still be salty trolls who ruin matches but that isn't common, that isn't the majority of the time.

    It will make a difference. Other games have it and it works/helps. It will have the same effect here.

    I don't know why everyone is resistant to the most obvious solution. We'll never know if we don't try.

    It isn't resistance. In my case, they can go ahead and try. But I have 0 faith on it fixing quitters. It will either not deter them from quitting or it will make them troll their team.

    It'll be better than what we have now, which is nothing.

    It can't hurt, it can only help. Not everyone who would quit and is forced to play would troll their team. The deterrent is it takes longer to quit and receive a penalty than finish the match.

    I'm not saying it will fix quitters 100% but it will definitely make an impact.
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If there is a penalty for quitting people will just stop trying when it gets out of hand. They'll run out of bounds or just keep running at enemies without fighting.

    Edit: really it's a bit of a no win either way....

    That's not true. Way more people would be deterred and finish matches than throw tantrums and AFK or suicide over and over.

    I see it happen quite frequently, and I'll admit, I've done it as well. Especially if I am still trying when down 4v2, and after every time I'm killed, the enemy team feels the need to emote after every kill. These players come across as quite toxic and not anyone I want to play with. So if we are down 15 points, it's 4v2 and I'm getting emoted even though I'm staying and actually trying...well, guess what, I'm done. No thanks. If for no other reason than to not give them the satisfaction of hitting their "I'm a man" button, I will do what I can to end the match ASAP. I have no time for people who wish to taunt a team that is undermanned. Also, given the fact that I can't change my character half the time if the match goes sideways and I'm stuck having to pick a blaster hero so it's 2 blasters vs. a full team, what on earth is the point?

    Now, if it's a good, fun, exciting match that is balanced and close....I can lose all day long if I'm having a good time and having fun. The problem with this mode is there is really no middle ground....I never have a "decent" match. It's either no fun at all in 10 seconds, OR it's a great back and forth fun match. Unfortunately the "no fun" matches are far more common in my experience.

    You guys are putting the cart before the horse as it were.

    You're only quitting because other players quit and leave you outnumbered. They quit because they got salty at their deaths and left.

    If there was a penalty that kept them in check, deterred them from leaving, and essentially stop people from quitting, then you wouldn't have any problems correct?

    The enemy emoting can be annoying and I can understand it being extra annoying when you're down a man or two and they still do it. But again, if people didn't ragequit, and you had full teams then the emoting wouldn't bother you as much, win or lose, No?

    The solution is clear but nobody wants to admit it.

    I understand what you are saying, and I get your logic. However, based on my experience, which granted, is not the same as yours, that if a person is fed up to the point of quitting, they are going to quit, regardless of a 5 or 10 minute penalty. I mean really, by the time you quit out, go grab a drink and hit the bathroom, then load into a new game, 5 or 10 minutes have gone by. So in my opinion it wouldn't be quite the deterrent you are wanting it to be.

    Now, if they DID make it a larger deterrent....say 20 min or 30 min, then I think you would see people stop trying. It's the proverbial running into a brick wall over and over. If a match is 35 - 15 in 60 seconds, and no one feels they can quit out for fear of penalty, those who would have rage quit will just stop playing, or start running out of bounds or whatever.

    Using your point, all it takes is one person getting salty and going AFK or jumping off ledges for the rest of the team to get annoyed and do the same.

    I think the main issue is matchmaking, but you'll never be able to totally police player behavior. They will never be able to make people "try" if they aren't having a good time.

    I understand what you are saying as well and I understand your logic but your evidence that it won't work is hypothetical/anecdotal.

    A penalty, regardless of how long, will deter players from quitting/suiciding. Not all players as there will still be salty trolls who ruin matches but that isn't common, that isn't the majority of the time.

    It will make a difference. Other games have it and it works/helps. It will have the same effect here.

    I don't know why everyone is resistant to the most obvious solution. We'll never know if we don't try.

    It isn't resistance. In my case, they can go ahead and try. But I have 0 faith on it fixing quitters. It will either not deter them from quitting or it will make them troll their team.

    I think it would help quitting in the sense of leaving the match. There is a difference between that and someone who "gives up".

    I think it would be better to try and incentivise staying and trying. Like larger credit payouts, giving credits for levelling beyond 40, etc.

    I know a lot of players say credits don't matter because they have everything they want and have a ton of credits, and that's great, but not everyone does. I've been playing since launch and I have a lot of stuff left to buy. Plus with all the new stuff that's coming, it sounds like there will be new stuff to get.

    So as silly as it may sound to some, if you get a 500 credit bonus for getting 5 kills or something like that, it may encourage players to keep trying, even if the W is out of reach.

    Edit: Spelling

    I've been asking for more credits since launch. People around here don't want to hear it.

    They love how much credits they get. They have too much as it is. They vehemently don't want more credits so don't ask...

    Once you are playing this game long enough, credits are a non event.

    I already unlocked what I wanted, including heroes at the time, plus stuff hitting the wrong button (ie not paying attention to the clone bundles) and still have close to 300k, with nothing I want even hinted at.

    What's long enough? I've had it since launch and I have no legendary hero skins. I like having an incentive to keep playing.

    A lot of people play for an hour or two a night, max. Myself included. And that's not just this game, that's my total playtime for the day. So maybe 3 or 4 matches of HvV total?

    If it's fun, I'll keep playing. If it's a cruddy experience, I'm moving on to a different mode or a different game. But I like HvV for levelling my heroes. So if there is a reason for a player like me to keep playing, why would you be against implementing it? If it would keep people in games and give them a reason to stop "throwing" matches, why not?

    If quitting is such an issue, we should be open to more ideas than just ban those players who rage quit.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    The real problem isn't TDM. TDM is a significant improvement over target system.

    It's really not. It feels like a nonstop grind. It's slightly more fun now that the permanent radar is gone, but it gets really boring because there really aren't any tactics beyond chest bumping against the other team until somebody drops dead. The variety and creativity and problem solving isn't there anymore. As predicted, there's often lots of camping. There's no dueling because there's always a blaster around to shoot you when you're deep in a fight.

    It's only going to get worse as people (especially premades) start to figure out where the best choke points and just run straight to them every match. There's always going to be at least one fool who keeps running into the crowd and dying.....and stuff like Bossk's full health regen is going to become more of a factor. Especially with noobs who don't know any better, cos they're going to think that hurling themselves at the enemy team is slowly chipping away at them, when in all likelihood, the other team is probably getting most or all of their health back.

    I keep trying, every day, to make the best of it. It just feels like having to slog through way too many steamrolls (both winning and losing) to the point that it's almost not worth it to roll the dice and hope for that one good match that might happen eventually.

    I see low level players now, all the time, so I don't think we're hurting for headcount. If anything, TDM piqued the curiosity of a lot of folks, and brought them to the game (either that or the super awesome low purchase price), so we have all the more good reason to bring the target system back (with any tweaks necessary) to provide some very much needed variety. It's not going to drive any of those new players away, but it will give them an alternative that might help them stick with the hero modes for longer than they might otherwise, when they get bored of TDM.

    I would also welcome Hero Extraction, but I still think the target system is a great idea with a lot of potential. Like Starfighter Assault, it was needlessly abandoned, with no effort made to improve it.

    This is exactly how I felt about nearly every target system match I played. However, IN ADDITION, I had to deal with runners and exploiters.

    Most of the current problems are the same problems the target system provided. But TDM eliminated two back breaking problems that absolutely had to go.
  • Xerogon
    467 posts Member
    I’m not a big hero guy but I’d love to see a hero extraction or them add more heroes to the current HvV mode. 8v8 may help the quitting because of the larger numbers.
  • JAREDUP
    1594 posts Member
    Practically on call 24/7 so I'll leave whatever game I am in
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • SSJSnoop
    1997 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Practically on call 24/7 so I'll leave whatever game I am in

    Not everyone is working and playing Battlefront 2 at the same time...
  • Ppong_Man12
    2296 posts Member
    edited June 17
    Still seeing a lot of quitters again this weekend. Hope this planes out soon.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • Xerogon
    467 posts Member
    I played a lot of hvv this past week and it’s unplayable sometimes because of the quitters. I never saw that with the target system.
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    This mode lost a little something when it went straight up team death match. I still like it though, just not as much. I play it less than before. We need some sort of quit penalties, even if they are light and forgiving.

    It's almost as if DICE actually put some thought into the Target System, and made the game play that way for a reason.

    TDM is, for the most part, pretty terrible.

    I was in a game yesterday where our team of randoms was up by at least 10 or 15 tickets, and then one of our players quit. This was on Bespin. The other team saw this, and decided to camp in that one round room that has walkways leading to both sides, and an imperial shuttle in the back, and our guys just kept running in, one at a time, dying. They had Phasma, Iden, and Boba hiding in there, and a General Greebs, who would pop in and out every time someone approached. Iden would just spam her alt for splash damage, same for Boba with the rockets, and of course they had the droid just inside the doorway.

    My team, while not communicating, suddenly wised up (when we were at 6 to 5), and stopped running in there. Then it was a matter of standing around for at least 5 minutes, waiting for Camp Empire to finally get bored and come out of their hidey hole.

    We did end up winning (I caught Iden in the open, with Luke), by exactly one ticket, but it was not anything that would possibly describe as "fun". More like a feeling of obligation not to allow our team to lose out of stupidity.

    It really is just dumb luck when you manage to actually have a good match in this Hero TDM. There are just way too many factors conspiring to make it an awful gameplay experience, which is likely why they didn't make it that way in the first place.

    After all this time Ive started to think that devs turned the mode to TDM because they wanted to teach a lesson to 'The Community'.

    A lesson that some have guessed but all those who wanted this stupid change havent gotten it yet.
  • tts42572
    1082 posts Member
    Quitters always used to bother me when wins and losses were actually tracked but I really don't care anymore. I mean, it makes zero difference if you win or lose these games so I don't get uptight about anything.

    I pretty much only play HVV because I'm trying to level up my heroes....not because I actually like the mode. Frankly, I hate the mode. It's just gather together in a group of 4 and try to out button mash the other team. Whichever team can stick together better and make sure they're always outnumbering the other team in battles will usually win.

    I just hop in matches to work on leveling guys up. Most times I just hop right into 1 on 4 battles and don't really care if we win or lose.....Just trying to get XP.

    Yeah, I know it's a bad attitude. But I blame it squarely on EA. If they had win/loss records and other stats that I could track, I'd be trying much harder.
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    edited June 18
    Today I got into a lobby where the best in the enemy team got so mad we steamrolled his team, he decided to suicide nonstop to end the next match quickly. Then he left the lobby or matchmake got rid of him.

    The other lobbies were mostly composed of campers in the enemy team. And if it seemed it wouldn't happen, when they realised they'd lose, then bossk, phasma, and boba/iden would all converge to an advantageous point and start the camping to turn the match around.

    I mean, TDM can now be completely crippled by one mad player suiciding everytime. In the last system, I lost count how many times not only I managed to compensate for having one less teammate that did nothing or kept suiciding, but also managed to win matches because whenever I was target or any other of the players truly playing the game, our strategy proved superior. Now there's nothing you can do if one player decides to keep suiciding.

    And campers were a problem in the past too. However now camping is a much more successful strategy then before, and people are realizing this. This mode is now Heroes&Villains Vs Campers. Campers are present in almost every match of HvV I play.

    The mode forces this strategy. Because camping is a strategy like any other. Waiting for the other team to fight in a place that fits your teams abilities or give you some advantage (like opening a sliding door forcing the opponent team to come in through a narrow entrance and unaware of what to expect inside, we saw the spartans doing the same at Thermopylae).

    Yesterday I was playing with my premade at Jabba's Palace and he enemy team caught us by surprise (one of them glitched and respawned on our back) and the four of us were erased rapidly. Then we respawned far away ones from the others and were chased and murdered one by one because Jabba's Palace is a map when theres no straight line or similar route to close the gap fast to regroup, at the same time that the team mate you are want to meet is being chased and he is blindly running along the corridors. One or two minutes later these repeated a couple of times and we were losing by more than ten.

    We tried to regroup but I swear that map is a pain [Removed ~Rtas]. So I respawned at the entrance of the Palace, the hall with the sand ground. I said to the rest: we need to get here and wait for them to fight here, because the map is a torture and once they got 3 of us killed, its easier to wipe us out one by one over an over again in a 4 vs 1 wheel.

    Besides Jabba's Palace, and other torturing maps like Yavin or Jakku, have a lot of irregular surfaces, steps, texture changes, and elements scatered all over the place that make your character get stuck and/or make the hitboxes and blockings messing up, allowing damage to go through your block or weird stuff with force powers.

    So the sandy place was better for fighting. Just a matter of strategy and knowing the terrain. Basics on WAR. And fighting there was the only solution to overcome a team that was playing not really good but resolving and has a big advantage over us. We totally slaugheterd them there. They ragequit when 5 to end the round.

    Same on Mos Eisley, camping on the outskirts. Same on Endor, camping on the lower ground or in the open air empire base (the ground is super flat there). Same on Jakku, camping on the most flat and open spaces (seriously, that map is crap for HvsV because of the terrain).

    By now every experienced HvsV player knows when and where to fight in every map. All of these and thus the TDM rules all lead inevitably to camping.

    You can, too, advance like a block facing your enemy and fighting like The Avengers, but the maps dont let you do that as much as we would like.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    Yeah I hate quitters and only quit games if there is something else I need to do. I think it's due to two reasons...

    1. People get bored more now there is no objective and variety of gameplay. The mode is now the same thing every second of every game. where as before you needed different strategies depending on who their target was, who was defending their target, where their target was, if you were defending or attacking, who you were defending and so on... Now its just run in and kill. Teams sit and camp and 4v1 all game and I personally find that so much less interesting.

    2. The other issue is games are much more one sided now its team death match and there is basically no way of pulling games back when you go behind. A lot of players seem to have a serious hatred of losing (which is daft seeing as it's just a game and someone has to lose) and quit if they think the game can't be won.

    I agree with this, and quite frankly, I totally understand it. If it's 35-20 in the first 2 minutes of the match, what's the point? I mean, really? Especially the low XP and credit payout, not to mention that there is no incentive to continue leveling characters past lv. 40. So you have no incentive to stay if on the receiving end of a steamroll.

    So if all you have left to play for is fun, well, getting hammered when down by 15 points with 20 left to go isn't fun. Especially if a couple of people quit. While I've seen people talk of the winning team backing off and allowing more players to populate, I've not seen this. Instead, it's 4v1 gang tackle, followed by emoting after every kill like killing someone who has zero chance in a 4v1 was an amazing accomplishment.

    Then of course, if people don't quit the match, they just quit playing. Run out of bounds, jump off ledges, or just walk away to make a sandwich and use the bathroom. While I've had some really fun matches that are close and well played, 80% of the matches are stomps. And over basically as soon as it's started.

    Not true at all. I've had games come back from 18-31 by myself and with a partner


    You need to learn the meaning of STATISTICS.

    You and your friend are not a valid statistic sample. And in your own case you can do some statistics ON YOU to see that those examples are RARE in your experience. I mean. You are not getting come backs 18-31 100% of the times, arent you?

    SMH
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    Xerogon wrote: »
    I played a lot of hvv this past week and it’s unplayable sometimes because of the quitters. I never saw that with the target system.

    Yesterday I played about 10 hours of HvsV. Dayoff + pizza + no gf around because she went visiting her parents.

    Quitters on almost every match I played. Never saw this before. NEVER.

    When we were winning the enemy team almost never ended the match with 4 players. Even ppl quit when score was like 27-22

    O_o

  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    edited June 18
    Because the arbitrary OBJECTIVE is now gone, HvV is as other's have put it well - just a button-mash competition. Players with skill can still sway the tides in the game, but it comes down to who gets bored [Removed, don't bypass the filter ~Rtas] first.

    I expect HvV to hemorrhage players over time, because its just not fun for the types of personalities that enjoy playing as over-powered characters. A good chunk of the Hero/Villain crowd is looking for the 1-hit-kill-button enjoyment: the Target System on HvV used to cater better to those with weak egos in that you were expected to [Removed] on an individual. Now that it is a free-for-all construct, individual participation counts for a LOT more than it used to. Skill, teamwork, fortitude are required. Those concepts do not sit well with those looking for the quick and easy 30+ kills at the end of regulation. Now they have to go to CS or GA to find those levels of kill streaks.

    In a funky way, EA/DICE have affirmed what many of us Troopers have been stating all along. And I, for one, am enjoying all the bickering of the Hero-Worshipers over this change. 👍

    tp10ve8904d9.jpg
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • tts42572
    1082 posts Member
    edited June 18
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Because the arbitrary OBJECTIVE is now gone, HvV is as other's have put it well - just a button-mash competition. Players with skill can still sway the tides in the game, but it comes down to who gets bored [Removed] first.

    I expect HvV to hemorrhage players over time, because its just not fun for the types of personalities that enjoy playing as over-powered characters. A good chunk of the Hero/Villain crowd is looking for the 1-hit-kill-button enjoyment: the Target System on HvV used to cater better to those with weak egos in that you were expected to [Removed] on an individual. Now that it is a free-for-all construct, individual participation counts for a LOT more than it used to. Skill, teamwork, fortitude are required. Those concepts do not sit well with those looking for the quick and easy 30+ kills at the end of regulation. Now they have to go to CS or GA to find those levels of kill streaks.

    In a funky way, EA/DICE have affirmed what many of us Troopers have been stating all along. And I, for one, am enjoying all the bickering of the Hero-Worshipers over this change. 👍

    tp10ve8904d9.jpg

    I agree.

    Like I said above though....I think many players that are in this mode are playing more to just level up their heroes than anything else. Those players don't care about winning and don't care about huddling in a group of 4 waiting for the perfect time to attack. They just run off like rambo and take the other team on 1 versus 4. I'm sure it frustrates the players who are really trying to play well and win the match.

    Personally, I'm the rambo guy. I just want to run around and get some XP. I haven't played much of HVV in the past as I never liked it but it's about the only way to really level up your heroes. With no wins and losses being tracked, I realyl could care less if I win or lose these matches. I just want to mash some buttons.

    When I want to try and play well, I usually go play strike or extraction. Those are fun objective modes that require a little strategy and thinking in addition to some teamwork. And I don't get hero spam the whole match.

    Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Grand Majority of the time I see quitters is when the game is still in hand for some reason.

    We go down like 27 to 33 and lose a person but in the end, we usually end up winning.

    When joining games I've been put into games that are 23 29 or something along those lines.

    Some players get disillusioned when they see their teammates scattering in various directions and the other team is trying super hard, coordinating on microphone in their parties.

    If I see that happening repeatedly in the match, after having attempted to get with another teammate, I'll just leave.

    But before I leave, I always try to group up with my team. This is one of the reasons why I wish we had squad commands in this game. At least I could explicitly state to the team what I suggest that we do. Some people ignore such commands in games like BO4, but quite a few teammates actually do listen.

    I've also suggested that keeping near a teammate, within a certain distance, should give double XP - Or some sort of incentive. Something to keep new players who just want to level up from running in and getting points for upgrading cards.

    In this new version of heroes villains, the team is the objective.
  • Xerogon
    467 posts Member
    edited June 17
    Another problem this mode has is the amount of beyond bad players, literally. Out of all the multiplayer games I play this is by far the worse mode for clueless players. Noobs are one thing but this, it’s next level bad.

    Honestly I’ve never seen people struggle so much when something is so simple. They should include an instruction manual for HvV. I think many jump in thinking they’re going to slay the dragon because they have a light saber in hand and when it goes south they quit.
  • So apparently the quitting problem isn’t getting better yet, it’s becomijg the norm from what I see. Not only did I play constant 3 man teams yesterday, I played against 2 Vader’s, 2 Anakin’s, and 2 Rey’s.

    Then I get games with both teams running in circles together on 100 sensitivity and jumping on top of each other making hero totem poles.
  • LexRage
    113 posts Member
    Penalty never stopped people to leave. Especially in a non-competitive game/mode
  • LexRage
    113 posts Member
    Keep your sarcasm to yourself, and then we'd have an exchange.
  • SSJSnoop
    1997 posts Member
    LexRage wrote: »
    Keep your sarcasm to yourself, and then we'd have an exchange.

    Ok, why wouldn't a penalty "work"?
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    So changing from Target to TDM didn't magically fix ragequitting?

    It's almost like the only way to stop people from quitting is to institute a penalty...

    Just bad players or small mans disease I guess. Not sure why more quit now than with the old system but for whatever reason it’s almost to the point of interfering with gameplay. The penalty system works well with overwatch.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    So changing from Target to TDM didn't magically fix ragequitting?

    It's almost like the only way to stop people from quitting is to institute a penalty...

    Runners have now added their numbers to those who were predisposed to quitting early.

    This was foreseen, but no one listened.
  • SSJSnoop
    1997 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    So changing from Target to TDM didn't magically fix ragequitting?

    It's almost like the only way to stop people from quitting is to institute a penalty...

    Just bad players or small mans disease I guess. Not sure why more quit now than with the old system but for whatever reason it’s almost to the point of interfering with gameplay. The penalty system works well with overwatch.

    And a penalty would work amazingly well here too in HvV.
  • jonci
    999 posts Member
    Because its TDM and it sucks, that's why. Same mashup every time no skill needed.
  • Billkwando
    1747 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    So changing from Target to TDM didn't magically fix ragequitting?

    It's almost like the only way to stop people from quitting is to institute a penalty...

    Runners have now added their numbers to those who were predisposed to quitting early.

    This was foreseen, but no one listened.

    Yeah, no kidding. I could point to a list of posts where I warned everyone in advance about basically every complaint folks now have with Hero Blast, months before they ever changed anything. Not only did folks not want to listen but some, of course, acted like I was crazy, because I was going against their utopian vision of what TDM would be like....or because they were of the mindset that I needed statistics from the future in order to express my opinion.....which I thought was simple common sense.

    I'm sure it doesn't help that I express myself indelicately at times, but as others pointed out, sometimes it seems like you have to have a full head of steam to get anyone to listen to you around here, especially when you're opposing the viewpoints of folks who already express themselves this way.

    I think it may have gotten this way due to lack of communication from the devs and the community folks, especially in the earlier days, to where folks felt like they had to express themselves forcefully in order for anyone to listen. Enter (what I believe to be) the "vocal minority".

    Conversely, now it seems like some folks feel like the need to get on their knees and enthusiastically thank the mods and devs for showing up to work, prior to expressing their feedback/criticism, ostensibly because they fear they will be written off otherwise...and it shouldn't be that way either.

    It seems like we get communication when it's convenient, as well as whatever justification is convenient to explain why certain changes to the game are made ("The community asked..."), even when it doesn't make a whole lot of logical sense.

    I really want to know why it took a year and a half of total inaction on the part of the devs before they suddenly decided that the target system was so toxic that the only solution was complete removal, even though they never tried anything else.

    I think it's just as (or more) likely that one of Kathleen Kennedy's kids had a bad time at HvV and complained to mom, as it is that after all this time that, due to "toxic" playstyles, the devs suddenly decide that, regardless of its popularity, they're going to "put their foot down" and defiantly declare that the target system is gone and is never coming back.

    I mean really. What's going on here? Why did it take so long. Why does it have to be all or nothing, when they never tried anything in between?


    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    So changing from Target to TDM didn't magically fix ragequitting?

    It's almost like the only way to stop people from quitting is to institute a penalty...

    Runners have now added their numbers to those who were predisposed to quitting early.

    This was foreseen, but no one listened.

    Yeah, no kidding. I could point to a list of posts where I warned everyone in advance about basically every complaint folks now have with Hero Blast, months before they ever changed anything. Not only did folks not want to listen but some, of course, acted like I was crazy, because I was going against their utopian vision of what TDM would be like....or because they were of the mindset that I needed statistics from the future in order to express my opinion.....which I thought was simple common sense.

    I'm sure it doesn't help that I express myself indelicately at times, but as others pointed out, sometimes it seems like you have to have a full head of steam to get anyone to listen to you around here, especially when you're opposing the viewpoints of folks who already express themselves this way.

    I think it may have gotten this way due to lack of communication from the devs and the community folks, especially in the earlier days, to where folks felt like they had to express themselves forcefully in order for anyone to listen. Enter (what I believe to be) the "vocal minority".

    Conversely, now it seems like some folks feel like the need to get on their knees and enthusiastically thank the mods and devs for showing up to work, prior to expressing their feedback/criticism, ostensibly because they fear they will be written off otherwise...and it shouldn't be that way either.

    It seems like we get communication when it's convenient, as well as whatever justification is convenient to explain why certain changes to the game are made ("The community asked..."), even when it doesn't make a whole lot of logical sense.

    I really want to know why it took a year and a half of total inaction on the part of the devs before they suddenly decided that the target system was so toxic that the only solution was complete removal, even though they never tried anything else.

    I think it's just as (or more) likely that one of Kathleen Kennedy's kids had a bad time at HvV and complained to mom, as it is that after all this time that, due to "toxic" playstyles, the devs suddenly decide that, regardless of its popularity, they're going to "put their foot down" and defiantly declare that the target system is gone and is never coming back.

    I mean really. What's going on here? Why did it take so long. Why does it have to be all or nothing, when they never tried anything in between?


    Yeah, common sense just isn’t that common these days. Not around here.
  • tts42572
    1082 posts Member
    Xerogon wrote: »
    Another problem this mode has is the amount of beyond bad players, literally. Out of all the multiplayer games I play this is by far the worse mode for clueless players. Noobs are one thing but this, it’s next level bad.

    Honestly I’ve never seen people struggle so much when something is so simple. They should include an instruction manual for HvV. I think many jump in thinking they’re going to slay the dragon because they have a light saber in hand and when it goes south they quit.

    Yeah.

    Gotta remember though, are people playing this mode to really win games or are they playing it because it's basically the only mode out there to level up their heroes? Do they really want to win or are they just hopping in, doing some button mashing and trying to get some XP as fast as possible?

    I've played both of these games since the beta dropped in the first game and know full well how to play. If I'm really trying to win, I'm selective with my battles, run away a lot, stick to my group and try to play smartly. But the honest truth is that I'm not trying to win very often in this mode. I mean, stats aren't tracked, wins/losses aren't tracked....who really cares?

    I've only hopped back into this mode lately to level up the newer heroes like GG, Anakin, Dooku, etc. I basically just run head first into the fire, mash buttons and try to get some XP. I could care less if I go 10-20 and we lose....I'd rather do that than sit back and play smartly and go like 5-2 or something and not get as much XP.

    I just think it bears keeping in mind that many people may not really care much about winning when they play this mode. A lot of them are just trying for XP or messing around with heroes that maybe they haven't used much.

    EA has created this no care atmosphere by not having stats, wins, losses, etc.
  • tts42572
    1082 posts Member
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    No one enjoys a steamroll. They were slightly more tolerable in the target system as you could die a lot, but still contribute. Now, not so much.

    Add in other issues like lag, saber lock, lag, magnetic saber stuns, lag and other issues and there are times where it feels like you can't move. To the point of "why bother"?

    Getting steamrolled while still being able to move, fire off some abilities, get an assist or two, whatever....ok. But if it's die, run to find a teammate, swing saber once, get stunned, saber locked, shot, literally unable to move/block/attack and die again, rinse and repeat...that's not even fun in the "I'm just here for some XP" sense.

    The people who thought it was unfair that they could "destroy" while the terrible noobs used an exploit to grab a win got what they wanted, they are seeing the results of it.....people won't want to play it anymore.

    My main issue is that it's stopped being fun. It's just not a fun mode. It's very difficult to have fun with it. It shouldn't be like that. It shouldn't feel painful to play. It should be a joy to play, win or lose.

    This is why they need a hero only objective mode.

    It's more fun to have some sort of objective that you're trying to accomplish rather than just run around and get kills. It's more fun working as a team to accomplish something. It's why I enjoy modes like Strike and Extraction and rarely play just blast.

    The target in HVV made it a little better just because it sorta built in an objective. It still wasn't a mode I really enjoyed much though because all everyone did was try and clump together.

    Just really need a more interesting hero only mode to play where you could really take advantage of some of the different heroes strengths and do more than just button mash.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    The people who thought it was unfair that they could "destroy" while the terrible noobs used an exploit to grab a win got what they wanted, they are seeing the results of it.....people won't want to play it anymore.

    Even the running/exploit thing was way overblown, in my humble opinion. The only exploit I ever saw in HvV was the one on Yavin 4, and that was rare, and then patched out.

    Their real complaint was that they could "destroy" and still lose, period.

    They didn't think it was fair that they could steamroll, top the leaderboard, and still lose, simply because the other team actually played the objective and killed their target more, due to the fact that the "pros" were too busy padding their killstreaks to do something as mundane as protect the objective......so they whined and cried until the objective was removed.

    Ironically, a player on the losing team can still top the leaderboard. I've done it plenty of times.

    I’m not for or against either mode, I by far liked the way HvV was set up in bf15, it was perfection imo. But to your point, I also never had issues with runners much in the old system. I also don’t have a problem with the new tdm other than the quitters.

    Out of the people I’ve played with personally it was more premades that seem to have issue with runners than solo guys, that I play with anyway. I know the reason why but whatever, to each their own. I will say this though, runners for me personally was no where near as bad as the 2 or 3 man teams I’m consistently in now because of quitters.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    The people who thought it was unfair that they could "destroy" while the terrible noobs used an exploit to grab a win got what they wanted, they are seeing the results of it.....people won't want to play it anymore.

    Even the running/exploit thing was way overblown, in my humble opinion. The only exploit I ever saw in HvV was the one on Yavin 4, and that was rare, and then patched out.

    Their real complaint was that they could "destroy" and still lose, period.

    They didn't think it was fair that they could steamroll, top the leaderboard, and still lose, simply because the other team actually played the objective and killed their target more, due to the fact that the "pros" were too busy padding their killstreaks to do something as mundane as protect the objective......so they whined and cried until the objective was removed.

    Ironically, a player on the losing team can still top the leaderboard. I've done it plenty of times.

    I’m not for or against either mode, I by far liked the way HvV was set up in bf15, it was perfection imo. But to your point, I also never had issues with runners much in the old system. I also don’t have a problem with the new tdm other than the quitters.

    Out of the people I’ve played with personally it was more premades that seem to have issue with runners than solo guys, that I play with anyway. I know the reason why but whatever, to each their own. I will say this though, runners for me personally was no where near as bad as the 2 or 3 man teams I’m consistently in now because of quitters.

    Yeah. The full premades got what they wanted. It doesn’t matter if the other team has 2 or 3 players. The goal was to get steamroll stomps with as little effort as possible.
  • TjPunx
    1531 posts Member
    Once again all those calling for TDM were those that barely knew how to play the targeting system, and wanted something where they could sit back and button mash
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    Its revealing how the voices of all those that wanted TDM so hard speak less and lees as the time goes by.

    Maybe their matches are not so fun in TDM mode as they predicted.

    Some could think that they are having so much fun they dont need to come here to tell us about it.

    Doubt it, really. If they are suffering the same issues that are common to anyone who plays HvV now, they are for sure raging when playing and wondering "whyyyy?!?". And thats why they dont come here to say a thing. ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!