criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Why do blaster Heroes have lower health and health regeneration pools?

Like really? Are blaster heroes already not at big enough disadvantage in the current state of HvV and even GA/CS? Saber Heroes have a near infinite block, homing saber tracking and endless saber stuns, ridiculous mobility, and higher dps. Blaster Heroes have what? Range? No, because most blaster heroes need to get fairly close to maximize damage. Rolls? Rolls are far worse than saber hero dodges and can be easily countered by a player of equal skill or even lower skill level. So what warrants the incredibly low health and health regen compared to sabers? I’d really like to know, because something really needs to be done about the imbalance between sabers and blasters.

Replies

  • RyanK388
    1786 posts Member
    edited June 16
    (Edit:) Because the devs added them when they built the game from foundation up to the completed top. It’s only now after a lot of additions to the building that the pre-set characters come up to the rest as not as effective as the downloaded characters
    Healrate was set at a certain cap and not altered, as when the new ones added have better abilities and healthpool and overall superior.

    The heroes that came with the game were built a certain way and at the time that was considered powerful for heroes.

    The new heroes that have been added were just built better and better yeah?
    Post edited by RyanK388 on
  • Like really? Are blaster heroes already not at big enough disadvantage in the current state of HvV and even GA/CS? Saber Heroes have a near infinite block, homing saber tracking and endless saber stuns, ridiculous mobility, and higher dps. Blaster Heroes have what? Range? No, because most blaster heroes need to get fairly close to maximize damage. Rolls? Rolls are far worse than saber hero dodges and can be easily countered by a player of equal skill or even lower skill level. So what warrants the incredibly low health and health regen compared to sabers? I’d really like to know, because something really needs to be done about the imbalance between sabers and blasters.

    I believe instead of health pools and regeneration, they should get better accuracy/damage to be better on range
  • Versatti
    2128 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because this is a sword fighting game. If you say otherwise you don't know what Star Wars is about.

    Pretty much this.

    At launch it was all about the unfairness of range vs melee.
  • Bumpio
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    (Edit:) Because the devs added them when they built the game from foundation up to the completed top. It’s only now after a lot of additions to the building that the pre-set characters come up to the rest as not as effective as the downloaded characters
    Healrate was set at a certain cap and not altered, as when the new ones added have better abilities and healthpool and overall superior.

    The heroes that came with the game were built a certain way and at the time that was considered powerful for heroes.

    The new heroes that have been added were just built better and better yeah?
    But the devs have shown that they are able to fix and buff characters that were around at the beginning: examples being the light saber damage increases to Maul, Luke, Vader, Rey, Kylo, and Yoda. These buffs were all of course to the sabers who never needed buffs in the first place, and the devs ended up neglecting blasters their much-deserved buffs.

  • Raylol wrote: »
    Go with blasters if you want fun, go with saber if you want to win.
    Sadly, that’s correct. :(

  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    U8_39g.gif

    If you need more explanation, then I don't know what to say.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    U8_39g.gif

    If you need more explanation, then I don't know what to say.
    This is a video game, not a movie.

  • Because they're regular humans obviously
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4163 posts Member
    edited June 17
    When the built in standard HoK card drops the blasters’ value will rise in the large modes. Chewbacca, Finn, Phasma, will finally be viable.

    They won’t be ever be nearly as useful in TDM as they were in the TS until the player count is upped to at least 6v6.
  • When the built in standard HoK card drops the blasters’ value will rise in the large modes. Chewbacca, Finn, Phasma, will finally be viable.

    This right here. A lot of characters will be op though & some will finally have viable moves. Once they drop vader will be the most powerful hero in the game & by a large amount. Both choke cards equipped means he'll do over 250 damage coupled with focused rage 1 shotting & he'll be in the plz nerf discussion. On the other hand han shoulder charge will be useful in GA since you can equip broad shoulders without sacrificing his better cards.
  • Blaster heroes need more and faster health regen for sure. They can't block, they can't jump they are not very agile so they need it most.

    I'm saying this as someone who picks lightsaber heroes 95% of the time.
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    In HvV I always fall back on a blaster hero to pick up the win, yes saber stun should be removed, but they are still very viable
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Han, Bossk, and boba are constantly top of HvV matches, blaster hero’s are not underpowered at all. They are more at a disadvantage in GA and CS but definitely not in HvV. Quite the opposite.
  • craigally wrote: »
    Han, Bossk, and boba are constantly top of HvV matches, blaster hero’s are not underpowered at all. They are more at a disadvantage in GA and CS but definitely not in HvV. Quite the opposite.

    Leia is underpowered & finn can't survive by himself & chewie sucks until he gets a hok
  • craigally wrote: »
    Han, Bossk, and boba are constantly top of HvV matches, blaster hero’s are not underpowered at all. They are more at a disadvantage in GA and CS but definitely not in HvV. Quite the opposite.
    Great, you just named the only three blaster heroes who might not actually need a significant buff. Try saying the same about literally any other blaster hero except Iden.
  • Raylol
    1140 posts Member
    Blaster were fine, but now with saber stun, magnetic tracking and teleporting back literally made saber user gods againts blasters users. Just because of new players stand a chance.
  • KresusFIN
    2725 posts Member
    Raylol wrote: »
    Blaster were fine, but now with saber stun, magnetic tracking and teleporting back literally made saber user gods againts blasters users. Just because of new players stand a chance.

    Why they catered to the bottom of the barrel is anyone's guess.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • HvV doesn't matter HoK hardly changes anything there, and frankly only a few Heroes will significantly benefit from HoK being passive. In some cases some of the top Heroes actually get nerfed like Bossk, Palpatine, and Iden. It'll just be an excuse the devs use to avoid actually taking a time to rebalance the fundamental broken elements of each hero.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    (Edit:) Because the devs added them when they built the game from foundation up to the completed top. It’s only now after a lot of additions to the building that the pre-set characters come up to the rest as not as effective as the downloaded characters
    Healrate was set at a certain cap and not altered, as when the new ones added have better abilities and healthpool and overall superior.

    The heroes that came with the game were built a certain way and at the time that was considered powerful for heroes.

    The new heroes that have been added were just built better and better yeah?

    Absolutely correct! It’s something I’ve been saying since Grevious dropped and everyone complained about how OP he was. Instead of re-evaluation and balancing the rest of the characters (as should have been done in the first place), DICE brought out the nerf bat for Grievous. Fett will probably be next.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    U8_39g.gif

    If you need more explanation, then I don't know what to say.
    This is a video game, not a movie.

    Normally i would agree on the "This is a video game not a movie" thing in certain situations but you're making it sound like you basically want the blasters to be stronger or as strong as saber heroes and thats not how it works in star wars movie or game.True blasters are at a huge disadvantage if a saber hero gets in close but saber heroes are aslo at a disadvantage too,lando stun chewy stun iden phasma ect.If saber heroes would have the common sense to protect or at least help their blasters a little the blaster can go on for awhile without dying.That being said the roll could use some work,would be great if they may made it more like the OG battlefront roll
  • Has anyone even mentioned that blaster heroes can kill people from a distance and from cover while lightsaber heroes have to run up to the enemy head on?
    Ofcourse Jedi & Sith should have more health.
  • JMaster
    2198 posts Member
    It would be nice, mainly for alleged "Tanky" characters like Chewbacca and Phasma (more-so regen for her). The lower regen and health always bugged me as well. I get that Saber Wielders are melee characters that have to risk close-quarters confrontations, but since blaster heroes have to aim and they all do tend to have damage drop-off at some point, why can't they have similar regen since there's still risk and skill involved? And while a few have abilities that can knock you back (Han) or stun you (Chewie, Lando, Iden), they don't have abilities that can actually pull you into the saber of another character. Worst of all, while Blaster Wielders can still roll, they can't just block Force attacks like Saber users! They can get ragdolled into submission, it's the reason every match of HvV/Hero Showdown always comes down to a glowstick rave. Here's hoping characters like Leia and Chewie get some attention over the next few months.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!