criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Why is Heros vs Villains more popular than Hero Showdown ?

I find hs more interesting. In Hvv since Dice remove the targest system most players camp and attack together.With the target system most players who were the target run away and you have to catch them.

Replies

• Srublord
    206 posts Member
    So it's bad that people play together instead of 3v3 with both targets on opposite ends of the map?
  • JediJam
    420 posts Member
    Yeah I've stopped playing hvv completely now that they've removed the target system. It was my favourite mode but now it's just dull mindless. I play showdown more now as it is the only hero mode that isn't completely boring/repetitive/full of 4v1ing.
  • Raylol
    1140 posts Member
    I used to play only HS as I had every hero at lvl 40, but now that there’s is prestige I need to lvl up so I just play HvV.

HS XP given is trash, even at 3x.
  • DarthLando
    1665 posts Member
    I enjoy both, & I prefer HvV without the target.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Based on the last community survey we did, Hero Showdown was one of the least popular game modes.

You can feel that in how long it takes to fill a lobby. But you guys should all know that despite its lack of popularity, it is some of the most fun I’ve had playing the game.

When you get into it with two evenly matched teams who are playing together it gets so intense.

But it makes sense that it’s not popular because if you’re not that good or not playing with a teammate it can be unbearable.
    Based on the last community survey we did, Hero Showdown was one of the least popular game modes.

Thank you for your answer

unexpected but not unwelcome

People would like to be the same hero over & over

Nah that’s why one of the very few reasons me and my buddy still play HS. Different hero strategy’s every time
  • hilapff
    132 posts Member
    To my mind it’s just because its endless to wait for a new player when someone leave. The 2v2 restriction to start a match is the reason.

Same problem for blast and so on when we needed the same number of player for each side.
  • awakespace
    1200 posts Member
    I think HS suffers because people quit so often mid match and then you hang there waiting for another player forever. I like the mode a lot when people aren't quitting, but I find I ultimately spend 80% of my time waiting...
  • Ben_Solo
    101 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »

Wait so your basing game mode population off of a survey? I mean can we get actual numbers instead?
    I will show you the dark side.
  • Maybe it's because you can't start a lobby unless someone is actively trying to find one too? It's the only mode where I get the message that no lobby could be found very oftenly.

When you try 3 times in a row to find a lobby and the game tells you it can't find a lobby, you simply quit trying. Getting into an empty lobby maybe is a better approach to make the mode attract more players, then only allowing a lobby to form if at least 2 ungrouped players are searching at the same time.

giphy.gif
    BUGs? No, never heard of
  • il96
    584 posts Member
    1v1 would be ideal, tho very stressful and sometime humiliating.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • il96 wrote: »
    1v1 would be ideal, tho very stressful and sometime humiliating.

I fight to win.
  • KresusFIN
    2818 posts Member
    LoL-style Draft Pick HvV would be a very welcome addition at this point.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    edited June 17
    Why is Hero Showdown less popular?

Maybe because it usually turns into a 2vs1 with both of them emoting after they kill you, your teammate will either kill themselves or die instantly.

If you manage to get a good 1vs1 going it will usually end in a draw
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Psy3d
    915 posts Member
    HS fails due to the OTHER guy leaving in your team and the two plebs you face get the illusion that they are gud...hence pushing you away playing it the next time.

HS is frankly a hardcore mode of the new HvV. The new HvV/tdm is just HS again with way more respawns and more player count.

HS will remain mostly barren and hopefully removed completely since it's near dead anyway.
    Ben_Solo wrote: »

Wait so your basing game mode population off of a survey? I mean can we get actual numbers instead?

Lol, no. We are basing population off actual player data.

For what it works, mode popularity via the survey lines up quite nicely our server data.
    g8pfyq2l1j2o.jpeg

zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction

For what it works, mode popularity via the survey lines up quite nicely our server data.

Wait, so I don't understand. What was the point of doing survey if you could see server data already? I mean you could see what was popular and not right?
    I will show you the dark side.

unexpected but not unwelcome

Unexpected? His answer I totally expected. If they did a 1v1 duel mode, that might be fun and more popular. I’m sure this is just a difference of opinion, but I like HvV more (especially without target system). HvV also gives more XP for heroes.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • ZephanUnbound
    3087 posts Member
    edited June 17
    Personally I don't like elimination (no respawn) modes in any online games. Add to that the fact that characters are locked out after you win with them, and the fact that a bad teammate is more detrimental in a 2v2 mode than in a 4v4 mode, and you can see why I avoid HS like the plague.
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    Should be made into a 1v1 mode

I love Hero Showdown and I think it’s better than HvV
  • Smattonellus
    842 posts Member
    edited June 18

Wait, so I don't understand. What was the point of doing survey if you could see server data already? I mean you could see what was popular and not right?

Imma saying something dumb maybe, my favourite mode is extraction, but I play GA more, that isn't a thing you see in the player data. If a mode has two maps I dare you to play it always and still it's the best designed and fun to play IMO.
  • F8RGE
    958 posts EA Community Manager

Imma saying something dumb maybe, my favourite mode is extraction, but I play GA more, that isn't a thing you see in the player data. If a mode has two maps I dare you to play it always and still it's the best designed and fun to play IMO.

This.

Ewok Hunt is one of my favourite game modes, but I play CS more at the moment, for example. It's just another data point, of which you can never have too much.
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member

People would like to be the same hero over & over

This. I don't like being told who I can't play, arbitrarily. That's basically my whole issue with the mode, other than the autokick kicking your teammate for dying too early and sitting idle when they literally have no other choice. That is a massive issue.

They could have easily tossed this mode and given us TDM and the target system. They just refuse to for no logically defensible reason. If they had such a huge problem with how the target system was being played, they should've done something about it a year ago, instead of turning their backs, and allowing it to go on forever, before clutching their pearls and suddenly declaring that it was a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

How hard is it to put a timer on the target, so new targets are chosen every couple minutes, or to incentivize being the target by giving some kind of bonus for killing the other team's target (such as an extra ticket for your team)?
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • The rounds last too long. If someone dies in the first minute, who wants to wait around for four minutes while their teammate runs?

The rounds should be 3 minutes, and it show allow 1v1. If a player quits and it is 2v1, it should alternate the two person team and allow them to 1v1.