criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Your Top Issues

Prev1345678
F8RGE
886 posts EA Community Manager
Just a quick one this. We're currently working through our backlog and was wanted to get your insight.

If you could list your top 5 issues that you experience or quality of life changes you'd like to see, what would they be?

Replies

• KresusFIN
    2784 posts Member
    edited June 18
    - Server Lag seems seriously out of control with this latest patch.

- Likely tied to the first, however, dodging, be that as a saber or a blaster, is down from 50% odds to 20% odds of actually working, without getting magnetsabered back in.

- Decent server one minute, obscure south african village server after EOR MM does it's magic.

- Yoda. Seriously start playtesting your own stuff. Essentially invulnerable to practically everything, and needs to only dodge once, to get his full stamina back. Impossible to defeat as a Blaster Hero, unless he either really sucks beyond having any business in multiplayer, or you, as a blaster, get extremely lucky. We're talking hitting the Vegas lucky 7 millionaire roulette lucky.

- Obi Wan. That mind trick. Seriously. See above. Wake up.

[leave it out with the "slap the guy who thought of this" stuff, there's no need ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • XAnakin93
    531 posts Member
    edited June 18
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    - Server Lag seems seriously out of control with this latest patch.

- Likely tied to the first, however, dodging, be that as a saber or a blaster, is down from 50% odds to 20% odds of actually working, without getting magnetsabered back in.

- Decent server one minute, obscure south african village server after EOR MM does it's magic.

- Yoda. Seriously start playtesting your own stuff. Essentially invulnerable to practically everything, and needs to only dodge once, to get his full stamina back. Impossible to defeat as a Blaster Hero, unless he either really sucks beyond having any business in multiplayer, or you, as a blaster, get extremely lucky. We're talking hitting the Vegas lucky 7 millionaire roulette lucky.

- Obi Wan. That mind trick. Seriously. See above. Wake up.

What platform do you play? cause in PC Yoda it's not hard to kill.

Edited quote to reflect change~Rtas
  • Prop4FORDAYZ
    67 posts Member
    edited June 18
    - Matchmaking is bad for groups of people.

- Vehicles are too op. A speeder can literally use their middle ability that can bring their health down to below 100, if not kill them, in barely a second. Vehicles need a nerf on their abilities.

- Obi-wan's dodge ability doesn't feel right when compared to other force-heroes.

- Chewbacca is useless right now in Galactic Assault and Capital Supremacy due to the lack of damage that he deals with his bowcaster from a far distance. His health on kill card also needs to change to where if he kills a trooper or a hero in any way, he gains health back instead of just his grown slam because he's most likely going to take a lot of damage when in that animation so he's losing more health than he gains.

- We barely get any credits when playing Capital Supremacy. I was 1st place in all 3 of the scoreboard categories and was in a 20-30 minuteish game and got only 365 credits. I have to play 1-2 hour games just go get 900 credits max when I can play a Galactic Assault match for 10-15 minutes and get over 500 credits and more.
  • Unwarycoin
    6205 posts Member
    1. I would like the target system back as a separate mode (preferably with Choose Your Path changed back and a new achievement added that’s basically the reworked version).
    2. The pre-order skins returning in a permanent fashion (I understand why they aren’t, but I’m hoping it clears up).
    3. I’d like the Community event rewards (including the Princess skin) to become available outside of one specific event (having events repeat yearly could be a good way to fix this).
    4. I would like the stamina changes reverted, or at least give saber heroes a simple punch.
    5. I would like the AT-TE to return to how it was at launch, since facing them as a Droid has become unrewarding and unsatisfying.
    I would also like to thank you for this, because it gives me hope for this game again.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member
    edited June 18
    - heroes grayed out in select screen during 10sec timer (you already know about it)
    - not having multiple star card layouts
    -getting stuck in between objects and sometimes even on flat surfaces or rocks especially on hoth
    -force select screen/hero campers to automatically spawn after being in the select screen for more than 30 seconds in order to prevent people from not helping the team and waiting for a hero
    -remove daily chest
    Post edited by jordi1337 on
  • Reduce jetpack speed and increase accuracy of Boba’s blaster
  • 1. Stop friendly vehicles showing up as enemies on radar
    2. Tweak the Hero selection process in GA so more players with BPs get to spend them, and there is more variety in the heroes played in a given match. There are too many matches where one player keeps respawning as the same hero, and too many games where lots of players lurk on the selection screen rather than playing. The current system encourages bad play and repetitive hero choices. There are lots of ideas on this board of different ways to achieve this.
    3. Better matchmaking for GA
    4. More maps for GA and SFA.
    5. Fix Xbox server lag
  • Versatti
    2158 posts Member
    edited June 18
    1. Reinforcement Spam in Blast

Basically it’s become a rat race to get reinforcements before the other team. Blast should have been a trooper only game mode or weapon DPS for reinforcements needs to be normalised to that of the trooper classes (Blast only).

2. Hero Spam in GA

Too many heroes on the battlefield at any one time. There also needs to be a risk vs reward penalty for hero players who lose their hero. They shouldn’t be coming straight back into the match as a hero or worse the same hero.

3. AT-AT targeting and orbital strike bugs.

Bit of a personal bugbear for me. Why does orbital strike not function like BF2015? It was far superior. Also the targeting for AT-AT is off, I believe you may have tweaked the MTT to improve its targeting but the AT-AT is a frustrating play right now.

4. Quality of Life

Create a party tile for the smaller game modes. The tile would effectively enable a random mix of smaller game modes; Blast, Strike, Extraction and Ewok Hunt.

I should add here that the tile is not a replacement for individual game modes, simply a random play list for those who want to mix it up.

5. Useless Trooper Star Cards

There are many of these across the board, Homing Missile is one such example. You’ll need to do a deep dive into each trooper class and get feedback from the community in order to take this forward.
  • Psy3d
    865 posts Member
    edited June 19
    @F8RGE I only have few...only with the skywalkers...

Luke Skywalker
    - needs recharge speed increase on repulse and/or push.

- repulse and push needs to stop being random abilities when it comes to actually working...they need to connect. This is an issue SINCE launch and now it's June 2019...so it's time it gets looked into.

Anakin Skywalker
    - the [removed] nerf he got for heroic might is unfair imho. And now why even bother with charging animation for it? Why not make it exactly like Luke's repulse...pull it off and be done with than standing there? It's more like a death sentence in any mode. Not only that move is STILL bugged...ANY force move or shock move at the beginning of HM will get semi-stuck...prolong the animation...making him take even more damage.
    Example in beginning of this vid >> https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/psy3d/video/75985264

- What's the point of retribution or even charging it when it's only 2 seconds? Since his major nerf it's pretty hard to stay alive...and after all that the player is rewarded with a 2 sec 360 choke that frankly does nothing. Pre-nerf this was a way to catch and punish Boba trolls....now it does nothing and more over the push at the end of the move even ensures safety of Boba!

Thanks for your time reading my post.
  • 1.) Most important for me is the fixing of matchmaking, right now 80% of the machtes end in a total domination match either for my team or the enemy team.
    2.) Reduce the AT-ST amount on Crait to max. 2
    3.) Give Grievous a slight movement speed buff
    4.) Increase speeder prices
    5.) Increase hero prices to 5000
  • jo_achim747
    725 posts Member
    edited June 18
    1. lacking amount of new maps
    2. no era or map selector
    3. saber hit detection
    4. offline trooper customization possibilities
    5. grievous ability bug, where he spins in circles

Thanks for asking us!

__
    Edit: first point also focuses on Startfighter Assault and not only on ground battles.
    Post edited by jo_achim747 on
  • Zyder wrote: »
    - Fix the lag in the servers. This is the main problem.
    - Remove Saber Tracking.
    - Remove the Daily Crate and change it by just rewarding us 500 for login.

If they remove the saber tracking, they will remove the immunity from the roll aswell, otherwise, you will not be able to hit someone with your lightsaber.
  • 1. lack of private matches

2. spam of heroes and enforcers in GA/CS. cool down times need to come back so the same heroes are not spammed all the time though all heroes being 4K has helped some.

all reinforcement classes need to be put at 2 on each side biggest offender right now is the wookie warriors im not joking when I say with max wookies there is a thermal imploder going off like every 2 seconds especially if there are officers recharging them and god forbid they are in a group communicating it just becomes a unwinnable game at that point more then it all ready was.

3. only thing keeping heroes annoying right now is no cool down time otherwise they are actually weak in GA they dont even feel like heroes often times you turn a wrong corner and your just kind of dead or you will push and your teams not with you and your a hero and yet somehow you just cant do anything about it and you just die.

remove them off radar unless they are attacking or if they are sprinting they can show up after X amount of time. if this change is not good enough id also suggest making it so all saber heroes have 150 base damage vs any infantry by default.

4. the dark side needs a team buffer in GA right now light side has 3 and dark side has none I would suggest Krennic with a health buff like last game and rework Dookus expose weakness to be an AOE effect large enough to have a good effect on a team fight.

I would also suggest a jet pack hero for the light side in the future so both sides have a jet pack hero maybe Sabine or Rex.

5. sense Anakin has a 4th ability I think everyone else needs one either that or a trait.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Cadoth
    1160 posts Member
    edited June 18
    1) hero abilities not working always.
    2) blocks not working if multiple enemies are spamming their abilities.
    3) impossibility to dodge if multiple enemies (saber heroes) are spamming their attacks on you
    4) saber-tracking (cough cough Rey), and stun lock of course
    5) lack of a large scale trooper-only mode and new weapons
    Post edited by Cadoth on
  • My only big issue with this game is the gameplay mechanic with lightsaber heroes. It's so badly done that i have no idea how you could improve it without big effort.
    Maybe you should have made it more like it is in Battlefront 2005 where you can run and swing at the same time.

Beside of that, Battlefront 2 is a pretty good game in my mind. It made me stay for over 2000 hours until now and i still have much fun playing it.

More content would be very welcome of course too (Rogue One etc.)
  • thelasteverjedi
    1574 posts Member
    edited June 18
    not enough players in GA servers, getting a bit harder to find games, but will find one eventually.
    both US servers.
    can you shut virginia and only have oregon :)
    I'm sure you know Oregon catchment is very large - the entire Asia Pacific Oceania plays there

Why? because of catch 22. nobody can find games in Asia Pacific Oceania so nobody plays there so nobody can games there. At least have some server browsing or some way of people playing in their nearest servers instead of needing to use Oregon.
    But if cannot, shut down Virginia!
  • JediJam
    409 posts Member
    My top issue is the removal of the target system. There is no reason not to have both modes available. I used to play hvv all the time and am upset that you removed it. It was my favourite mode and my main reason for playing thia game. I really don't think you should remove something from the game that has been in it for so long. If you can add Cs with no issue them you can have both versions of hvv with no issue and ensure that we're all happy.

There are tons of threads and comments on this forum of players expressing their upset for the it removal but not valid reason has been given to justify its removal.
  • 1) Please get rid of the lightsaber stagger and "magnetic sabers" and also balance the rolling (especially on troopers who shouldn't be able to dodge lightsabers so easily; heroes are fine with the current roll IMO)

2) Fix the force powers not registering correctly. This applies especially to Yoda's Unleash, Luke's Push & Repulse and Kylo's Pull. Also, Anakin seems to often ignore the effects of Force abilities even when not blocking or using HM or Retribution.

3) Please, please balance the vehicles in GA. I find it super annoying that a speeder or an AT-ST can wipe out all of a hero's health. I worked hard to get that hero and then some guy who got literally 1 kill can spawn as a speeder and destroy me. Please remove the damage dealt to heroes from being stepped on or run over by a vehicle (you did this with speeders in BF2015) and also nerf the speeder's Laser Barrage and the AT-ST's Anti-Vehicle Rocket against heroes. Perhaps make the vehicle's health work the same way as a hero's health i.e. they can only regenerate x amount of health after taking damage. And finally, make the vehicles cost more (more than reinforcements IMO) and be more counterable as a hero (especially as a lightsaber hero).

4) Please remove heroes from radar in GA and CS (or at least make it like it is in Hero Showdown). I would like to be able to flank around enemies as a hero.

5) A nice QoL change would be a pop-up that lets a player spawn as a hero once they have enough points without having to respawn (like it was in the OG Battlefront 2), also let other players who have enough points queue for a hero. This would hopefully reduce the amount of players sitting in the spawn screen, desperately mashing the button to spawn in as a hero once the other person dies. Also, let me keep my hero from phase to phase in CS!

[ 6) Let parties of 4 players play matches of Hero Showdown together. It was supposed to have been added with the squad system rework, but never did. ]
  • 1- server browser/map voting : because it seems that there is no more map order and i want to skip some too
    2- new extraction and GA maps
    3- The glitch in HvV that prevents character switching half the time
    4- matchmaking : last week , we were 4 guys on the same team on GA and one of us was pushed in another team on another map.
    5- get killed by a speeder that moves a 0.0000001 mph
  • 1) Remove the stagger from being hit by lightsabers, and remove being teleported backwards if a lightsaber hero hits you. To balance things out nerf the roll (on troopers especially, they shouldn't be able to dodge lightsabers so easily)

2) Fix Force abilities not registering correctly; this applies especially to Yoda's Unleash, Luke's Push & Repulse and Kylo's Pull. Also, Anakin seems to often ignore the effects of Force abilities, even when not blocking, dodging, using HM or Retribution.

3) Please, please balance the vehicles in GA. I find it super annoying that a speeder or an AT-ST can just wipe out all of a hero's health in seconds. I worked hard to get that hero and then someone with literally 1 kill can get a speeder and destroy me and there is nothing I can do (especially as a lightsaber hero). I suggest: 1) Removing the damage dealt to heroes from being stepped on or run over by a vehicle (you did it with speeder in BF2015). 2) Nerfing the damage dealt to heroes by the speeder's Laser Barrage and the AT-ST's Anti-Vehicle Missile. 3) Making the health of vehicles work in a similar way to the health of heroes i.e. they can only regenerate x amount of health after taking damage (300 would be a good spot IMO) and no HoK for vehicles!!! 4) Increasing the BP cost of vehicles (for the power they hold on the battlefront, I would price them higher than reinforcements) 5) Making vehicles more counterable as a hero (especially a lightsaber hero).

4) Remove heroes from showing up permanently on radar in GA and CS. Either make them show up like every other unit, or make them show up every x seconds (like in Hero Showdown). Also, fix friendly vehicles showing up as enemies on radar.

5) A nice QoL improvement would be to have a pop-up allowing players to choose a hero once they have enough points without having to respawn (similar to the OG Battlefront 2) and also have a queue system for players with enough points for a hero; this would hopefully reduce the number of people waiting in the spawn screen mashing a button to get the hero once the other person dies.
  • Raices
    1382 posts Member
    Yoda's saber swings are bad. His unleash should receive some type of buff.

Vader needs to be better in GA. Buff his force choke against infantry.

Obi wan is bad, very bad. Consider giving him the ability to walk/run while blocking.

Unrelenting advance needs to deal more dmg or make grievous able to run while using it.

Dooku's lighting stun range needs a buff, fix dooku's duelist animation bug.

Luke force powers need to be buffed against heroes. He needs more skins btw.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Just a quick one this. We're currently working through our backlog and was wanted to get your insight.

If you could list your top 5 issues that you experience or quality of life changes you'd like to see, what would they be?

How about a whole Hotfix patch dedicated to fixing Grievous @F8RGE
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!