criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Battle Damaged Vader DOES make sense, here's proof.

Prev1
The developers of Star Wars Battlefront 2 have been shooting down a Battle Damaged Vader for a while now, saying that if he had a battle damaged suit it would mean he would have to take damage constantly, or something along those lines. Here's a version of battle damaged Darth Vader from the comic book Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith Vol. 1:

Kirak_Vader_duel_city_dam.jpg
Kirak_Vader_duel.jpg

This Darth Vader's armor was severely damaged, and he lasted a whole battle against a Jedi while taking down a city. He could breathe and move around very well, and he could definitely fight with the style and pace of Vader in Battlefront 2. Darth Vader was also shown with damage to his helmet and he came out fine.

If you don't believe me, go read the book yourself. You could probably find it at a local library, at least I did. Basically, Battle Damaged Vader while fighting is canon, and no adjustments to his health would be necessary.

I would say case closed, but I would like your opinions-and the developers' opinions-on this matter with this proof.
Where's the offline content?
ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif

Replies

• Vader needs no other skins. Actually, as Pistashioh said, adding the ANH/Rogue One Vader with red eyes would be cool. Especially for the selection screen. Other than that, leave him.

Similar to Phasma. Don’t waste skin time on her when we’ve got countless other iconic and continuously requested hero skins to spend development time on.

Yes, I know that Luke and Maul need skins and are highly requested, but I don't see why the Devs said that Darth Vader Battle Damaged was non-canon. The red eyes idea is nice, but this skin would feel more like a "skin", and not another "Wounded".
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • Batman20
    2102 posts Member
    I think it would be a cool skin they did something similar for grievous so can't see why they can't do it for vader although as others have mentioned here it wouldn't be a skin I would prioritise
  • Vader needs no other skins. Actually, as Pistashioh said, adding the ANH/Rogue One Vader with red eyes would be cool. Especially for the selection screen. Other than that, leave him.

Similar to Phasma. Don’t waste skin time on her when we’ve got countless other iconic and continuously requested hero skins to spend development time on.

Yes, I know that Luke and Maul need skins and are highly requested, but I don't see why the Devs said that Darth Vader Battle Damaged was non-canon. The red eyes idea is nice, but this skin would feel more like a "skin", and not another "Wounded".

Naw. Hard pass on Vader with battle damage.

Ok, you're entitled to your own opinion.

But I'll be honest: I mostly made this post as a question of why this skin couldn't be in the game, not why it should or shouldn't be in the game.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif

Naw. Hard pass on Vader with battle damage.

Ok, you're entitled to your own opinion.

But I'll be honest: I mostly made this post as a question of why this skin couldn't be in the game, not why it should or shouldn't be in the game.

Why you flexin on me dawgy?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    JMaster wrote: »
    The only "reason" for not adding one is time and money. Any other "Reasons" are a load of baloney, and the developers should know better.
    This guy gets it
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Not needed IMO.

A slight RO/ANH variation with the red eyes and matte finish helmet maybe, but there are better skins missing from characters that could use a new wardrobe change than Vader.

If Chewie can get a bandage, Vader can get this. And this is the only additional Vader skin he needs.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Draxin
    247 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Not needed IMO.

A slight RO/ANH variation with the red eyes and matte finish helmet maybe, but there are better skins missing from characters that could use a new wardrobe change than Vader.

If Chewie can get a bandage, Vader can get this. And this is the only additional Vader skin he needs.

Didn't you literally contradict yourself right above that post?
    Hi.
  • Draxin wrote: »
    Not needed IMO.

Red lense Vader from RO / Ep 4 is still the same skin as default, but with red lenses...
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • DarthLando
    1534 posts Member
    A battle damaged Vader skin would be cool.

They could make it similar to GG’s shattered skin, & have random sparks & things like that
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Draxin
    247 posts Member
    Draxin wrote: »
    Not needed IMO.

Red lense Vader from RO / Ep 4 is still the same skin as default, but with red lenses...

Oh wait I wasn't reading something right, nvrm lol.
    Hi.
  • Versatti
    2197 posts Member
    edited June 20
    When it suits, this game doesn’t follow cannon so I’d take any arguments for and against it with a pinch of salt.

A lack of skins across the board has more to do with Dev resource over why a character should/shouldn’t have an appearance.
  • That's a ridiculous statement from Devs. They released the force unleashed. You remember, that game where you fought a battle damaged Vader who didn't take DoT.
  • Sorry to burst any bubbles, but do you really think a battle damaged Vader will even be considered?

Even if the devs can’t even release simple skins such as hooded maul, hoodless kylo with mask, etc...?
  • OcDoc
    1984 posts Member
    Doesn’t fit the vibe of the game. The comic books are an outlier.

Might be cool to one day get a Star Wars comic book based game though.

Sometimes I just don’t think it is the best recipe to throw every ingredient in the pot. Make sense?
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Said this on Discord yesterday, so apt timing.

In short, there's no reason why we couldn't (outside of fitting it into the development schedule) do Battle Damaged Vader. It's one of many appearances we'd love to do.

Thank you for clearing this up.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »

In short, there's no reason why we couldn't (outside of fitting it into the development schedule) do Battle Damaged Vader. It's one of many appearances we'd love to do.

Here.

ctjt4ro8jjre.jpeg

boba skin is as useless as a phasma skin (as you earlier stated) and the boba skin you posted looks absolutely awful. and they deconfiremd chewie with c3po due to texture clipping when rolling the rest is cool tho

K
  • I think this comic isn’t seen as cannon by the Disney Regime.

Here.

ctjt4ro8jjre.jpeg

boba skin is as useless as a phasma skin (as you earlier stated) and the boba skin you posted looks absolutely awful. and they deconfiremd chewie with c3po due to texture clipping when rolling the rest is cool tho

That Boba skin is from the Star Wars Christmas Special, which I'm pretty sure is non-canon.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • I think this comic isn’t seen as cannon by the Disney Regime.

It is canon. And it was created after Disney bought Star Wars.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • Yeah, I remember that original statement by the devs about it being not possible that the OP is referring to. I found it to be an utterly silly excuse because we have 2 different Battle Damaged Grievous skins in the game currently. Glad to see that the devs have changed their minds since then, since F8RGE said about that it is possible now.
  • Fair enough. I think it would be cool tbh. But I’d have to prioritise Luke over this.
    I think this comic isn’t seen as cannon by the Disney Regime.

• Fair enough. I think it would be cool tbh. But I’d have to prioritise Luke over this.
    I think this comic isn’t seen as cannon by the Disney Regime.

Yeah, I would prioritize Luke and others first, I'm just saying why there's no reason it couldn't be in the game canon-wise.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • Here's my favorite Battle damage Vader:

3ee2beccb7a0d74d82a4b60b9ff578c1.jpg

Would gladly pay 80,000 for that skin, especially if it had some sparking effects like Grievous' shattered skin.

Awesome.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • It is because they made a legendary skin for Grievous which wasn't even canon at the time, but now is! :wink:
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

I will not stop complaining until DICE update Leia's Hoth skin's sideburns and add some for Rey!!

Here.

ctjt4ro8jjre.jpeg

That Boba skin is from the Star Wars Christmas Special, which I'm pretty sure is non-canon.

It’s canon.

Here.

ctjt4ro8jjre.jpeg

It’s canon.

Dang.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif

Here.

ctjt4ro8jjre.jpeg

It’s canon.

Wookieepedia says it's Legends....

???
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif

Here.

ctjt4ro8jjre.jpeg

It’s canon.

???

It’s canon. More to say, have you?

1jpfwxkzhoxj.jpeg

Here.

ctjt4ro8jjre.jpeg

It’s canon.

???

1jpfwxkzhoxj.jpeg

Proof?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • Holiday special is most definitely non-canon. Disney de-canonized that abomination thankfully.

Here.

ctjt4ro8jjre.jpeg

It’s canon.

???

1jpfwxkzhoxj.jpeg

It's ironic that the Christmas Special has now something good to offer. Though Boba's first debut.
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

I will not stop complaining until DICE update Leia's Hoth skin's sideburns and add some for Rey!!

• il96
    578 posts Member
    I will drop $80,000 for Red Robes Palp and so would 70% of player base. GET IT DONE!
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • il96 wrote: »
    I will drop $80,000 for Red Robes Palp and so would 70% of player base. GET IT DONE!

You mean credits, right?

Because you're insane if you would spend that much on this game.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • @F8RGE Even a colorful Boba skin like the one above would be cool...
  • lowell
    1651 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »

Here.

ctjt4ro8jjre.jpeg

It’s canon.

???

1jpfwxkzhoxj.jpeg

That's Legends since it's from the Holiday Special.

These would be the Boba skins that are canon:

BobaTCW-SWE.jpg

boba-fett-tcw-helmet.jpg

CCwBBY0UUAM-F1N.jpg

The last pic is from Dark Disciple and still is the same skin as the video from the Cad Bane arc. Cad's the Beckett to Boba Fett's Han. Even though Jango and Cad were colleagues, the mentor is not going to let his apprentice survive for free on his dime. In the world of scoundrels, everybody fends for themselves.
  • mastery0ta
    6497 posts Member
    Id throw myself in traffic for a pilot luke skin
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Id throw myself in traffic for a pilot luke skin
    This guy knows what’s up
  • dominokerem
    434 posts Member
    edited June 21
    Half of his mask... That we could see his red eyes full of anger. And maybe a burnt cape. Broken parts on his armour too.
  • Piscettios wrote: »

No need for a charbroiled Grebbles type skin for the coolest villain in Star Wars. He should look intimidating and imposing, not hacked up and beaten down.

I think he looks more intimidating and imposing when battle damaged