criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Ideas to fix Hero Camping - Discussion Thread

FightingLions14
505 posts Member
edited June 20
Either:
1.) Force a player to respawn into battle 30 seconds after dying. If no trooper is selected, random select one of the base classes for the player to be, and have him spawn in the default area.

2.)Or kick players if they remain idle for 30 seconds. Currently, players get kicked if idle for a few minutes. Limiting it to 30 seconds, forces a player to get back into the fight or they go back into the main menu.

Those are my ideas. Thoughts? This problem needs to be resolved ASAP, especially in CS.
Post edited by FightingLions14 on

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    The best solution is to simply not play Capital Supremacy

Tell that to DICE, it’s their “most popular mode,” lol
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

• The first option sounds great
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Tell that to DICE, it’s their “most popular mode,” lol

Reasons to believe them when they say that
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Alwe15
    1655 posts Member
    Thoughts? This problem needs to be resolved ASAP, especially in CS.

I thought the "problem" was limited to CS? It's the only cut-scene progressed mode?
  • Either:
    1.) Force a player to respawn into battle 30 seconds after dying. If no trooper is selected, random select one of the base classes for the player to be, and have him spawn in the default area.

2.)Or kick players if they remain idle for 30 seconds. Currently, players get kicked if idle for a few minutes. Limiting it to 30 seconds, forces a player to get back into the fight or they go back into the main menu.

Those are my ideas. Thoughts? This problem needs to be resolved ASAP, especially in CS.

None of those would work. People on this forums seem confused about the difference between screen camping and "hero sniping" as people like to call it. To snipe a hero, you simply respawn or die before a cutscene. It can be two seconds before a cutscene.

Booting people for being afk 30 seconds is extreme. Sometimes I have to use the restroom or get more coffee/water....
  • FightingLions14
    505 posts Member
    edited June 20
    Either:

None of those would work. People on this forums seem confused about the difference between screen camping and "hero sniping" as people like to call it. To snipe a hero, you simply respawn or die before a cutscene. It can be two seconds before a cutscene.

Booting people for being afk 30 seconds is extreme. Sometimes I have to use the restroom or get more coffee/water....

Two things:
    1.) I meant hero camping over hero sniping, so I fixed the thread title.
    2.) You might have to hold it in 😂
  • JediJam
    419 posts Member
    Definitely needs fixing. It's daft that the game is basically rewarding players with a hero for not playing or contributing to the game (and also making it harder for others to get a hero). A timer in the spawn screen should fix the issue.
  • Hero price should be increased to 6,000
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Thoughts? This problem needs to be resolved ASAP, especially in CS.

I thought the "problem" was limited to CS? It's the only cut-scene progressed mode?

True. I only see tons of hero camping and respawning during the boarding phase of CS. In GA, it only really happens on the killstreak-happy maps (Endor, I’m looking at you) or right when the second-to-last phase is ending.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • If I had to choose an option, I would choose option 1. Getting kicked out a game for sitting in the spawn screen for 30 seconds is too extreme. I think the forced respawn is a much better idea.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • If I had to choose an option, I would choose option 1. Getting kicked out a game for sitting in the spawn screen for 30 seconds is too extreme. I think the forced respawn is a much better idea.

Yea, option 2 might be too extreme...
  • When saw the title of this thread I was like "Not again these Phama complains!"

But it appears I was wrong all along, lol.
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

I will not stop complaining until DICE update Leia's Hoth skin's sideburns and add some for Rey!!

• When saw the title of this thread I was like "Not again these Phama complains!"

But it appears I was wrong all along, lol.

Damn...