criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

PT has no unique blaster hero's

Prev1
The PT has no blaster heros of there own both bossk and chewbacca aren't exclusive to the PT and what is being worked on... More lightsabers...

Replies

• TheScape
    2213 posts Member
    I agree completely. It is not like there aren't any options from canon... Although, I would rather get two more heroes for ST, than any kind of hero for PT.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Versatti
    2028 posts Member
    I thought new heroes had been put on the back burner - “they aren’t the focus right now” or whatever the term is they like to use.

Also how do you know more lightsaber heroes are being worked on?
  • lowell
    972 posts Member
    Padme and Aurra Sing would make a good combo since they and Ahsoka actually fought each other in TCW. Plus, the developers have said Aurra Sing is a hero that's underrated.

• lowell wrote: »
    Padme and Aurra Sing would make a good combo since they and Ahsoka actually fought each other in TCW. Plus, the developers have said Aurra Sing is a hero that's underrated.

And that should stay that way. I don't really know what to say to these Dev comments like who are their favourite character and so on, like who cares? They can't make the things they want, they have to obey Disney and others, so they have to create hero content from movies, and PT has only two important heroes, one of them is Padmé.
  • TheScape
    2213 posts Member
    edited June 20
    TheScape wrote: »
    I agree completely. It is not like there aren't any options from canon... Although, I would rather get two more heroes for ST, than any kind of hero for PT.

That’s an awful idea. There’s no viable hero options for the ST that aren’t already in the game. And no Hux and Poe aren’t viable options. There’s not enough combat info about them to make heroes for the game. Hux NEVER fights and Poe has like two seconds of combat in the first five minutes of TFA. Maybe after nine comes it’s a different story, which I’d be welcome to. Better to wait after nine to make sure we’re getting the best version of the ST heroes.

No, just No. If Ventress and Ahsoka should be considered viable options any other hero/villain that has an important role outside the movies should be considered, as well. Poe is part of the Resistance show and has an amzing comics run. I could also include commander Pyre from the Resistance show who already has a Hasbro action figure.

Your bias shows and it's okay. Just because you prefer CW content and don't know better about the ST doesn't mean that there are no viable options.
  • mastery0ta
    6089 posts Member
    Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side.
  • Versatti
    2028 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Except in The case of Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy.
  • lowell
    972 posts Member
    Rinzler5 wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »

And that should stay that way. I don't really know what to say to these Dev comments like who are their favourite character and so on, like who cares? They can't make the things they want, they have to obey Disney and others, so they have to create hero content from movies, and PT has only two important heroes, one of them is Padmé.

Disney's stretching their reach of Star Wars beyond the films. If they want DICE to do content to market Disney+ and the parks to consumers, DICE will create content based on TCW Season 7, The Mandalorian Season 1, and Galaxy's Edge.
  • mastery0ta
    6089 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Except in The case of Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy.

Oh yes it's a bloodbathe in those corridors
  • lowell
    972 posts Member

That’s an awful idea. There’s no viable hero options for the ST that aren’t already in the game. And no Hux and Poe aren’t viable options. There’s not enough combat info about them to make heroes for the game. Hux NEVER fights and Poe has like two seconds of combat in the first five minutes of TFA. Maybe after nine comes it’s a different story, which I’d be welcome to. Better to wait after nine to make sure we’re getting the best version of the ST heroes.

No, just No. If Ventress and Ahsoka should be considered viable options any other hero/villain that has an important role outside the movies should be considered, as well. Poe is part of the Resistance show and has an amzing comics run. I could also include commander Pyre from the Resistance show who already has a Hasbro action figure.

Your bias shows and it's okay. Just because you prefer CW content and don't know better about the ST doesn't mean that there are no viable options.

And a certain Galaxy's Edge exclusive Hasbro Black Series set has placed Pyre with Kylo Ren, wouldn't be shocking if he got promoted to replace Phasma in Resistance Season 2 post-TLJ and he shows up in TROS. Even Cardinal's not viable since he was rescued by Vi Moradi and they're in the Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire novel.

Disney's stretching their reach of Star Wars beyond the films. If they want DICE to do content to market Disney+ and the parks to consumers, DICE will create content based on TCW Season 7, The Mandalorian Season 1, and Galaxy's Edge.

We can just hope that's not the case
  • lowell
    972 posts Member
    edited June 20

It's looking very likely already since Disney announced Disney+ is getting aggressive marketing and the chances that Batuu is appearing in TROS is higher.

I really just want content that goes beyond the films, as long as DICE continues to make them. Restricting them to the Battlefront 2015 standard prevents them from showing their full potential to make a Battlefront game fully representative of the overall Star Wars canon.
  • OcDoc
    1503 posts Member
    It’s a gun. How unique does it have to be? And between Han, Leia, Chewy and Lando I feel like I get plenty of diversity in their play.
  • OcDoc
    1503 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »
    It’s a gun. How unique does it have to be? And between Han, Leia, Chewy and Lando I feel like I get plenty of diversity in their play.

Forgot to add Boba and of course the other PT bounty hunters.
  • Rinzler5 wrote: »

Too late, two more braindead saber spammers are already being actively worked on and will be added for the PT of all things meanwhile bossk and chewbacca remain the only blaster users it's insane

Right now, nothing is confirmed, just leaks and speculations. But the main question is why can't they tell us who and what is coming in the months
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member

Too late, two more braindead saber spammers are already being actively worked on and will be added for the PT of all things meanwhile bossk and chewbacca remain the only blaster users it's insane

Right now, nothing is confirmed, just leaks and speculations. But the main question is why can't they tell us who and what is coming in the months

Because EA are the guy on an ant hill with a magnifying glass. Proclaiming that Loot Boxes are like Kinder Eggs.
  • PlayersPurity
    492 posts Member
    edited June 20
    *cough* Padmé *cough* Jango *cough* Cad Bane *cough* Aurra Sing *cough*
    Current Topics:
    Hero/Villain Star Card Concepts
    Leia Organa Ability Improvements

b1p3arep6n15.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩. 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙛𝙪𝙡, 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧! ❞
    - Captain Phasma

• Padmé, Jango, Jyn, Krennic and Aurra Sing are all good options for blaster heroes to add. I still think infantry blasters should be their priority at the moment.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Padmé, Jango, Jyn, Krennic and Aurra Sing are all good options for blaster heroes to add. I still think infantry blasters should be their priority at the moment.

You count Jyn and Krennic in PT?
    Current Topics:

b1p3arep6n15.png

- Captain Phasma

• JMaster
    2175 posts Member
    I'm still waiting to reunite Boba with his father, but evidently they'd prefer to bring in a guy who's in 12 episodes of a TV Show. Considering how much I like the dual-wielding with the ARC troopers, I bet someone like Jango could be a whole lot of fun. I'm also curious how they'd go about making Padme a unique gunfighter, but alas.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • mastery0ta
    6089 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »

Because EA are the guy on an ant hill with a magnifying glass. Proclaiming that Loot Boxes are like Kinder Eggs.

Please don't bring my beloved kinder eggs into this LOL
  • Since dual wielding works great via ARC Trooper reinforcement, I think Jango Fett and Captain Rex would be great compliments to each other. Jet packs too.

You count Jyn and Krennic in PT?

No. Was stating blaster heroes as a whole.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Agreed. Definitely hope to get some PT blaster heroes in the future, such as Padme, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Rex, or Jango (though he shouldn't have full jetpack control like Boba if they do add him, 2 jetpacks on villain team would be so obnoxious).

And a certain Galaxy's Edge exclusive Hasbro Black Series set has placed Pyre with Kylo Ren, wouldn't be shocking if he got promoted to replace Phasma in Resistance Season 2 post-TLJ and he shows up in TROS. Even Cardinal's not viable since he was rescued by Vi Moradi and they're in the Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire novel.

I’d actually prefer no more heroes at all. Even to PT heroes. I don’t think Poe or Hux or Pyre or any one else in the ST are interesting characters to put in the game. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with biased but lack of potential and lack of need for heroes.
  • lowell
    972 posts Member

I’d actually prefer no more heroes at all. Even to PT heroes. I don’t think Poe or Hux or Pyre or any one else in the ST are interesting characters to put in the game. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with biased but lack of potential and lack of need for heroes.

Then, we won't need the Hero developers overall except for skins. There's a reason why the developers are organized for specific categories because they are specialized in those. If we don't do more heroes, I don't think they would all be useful in other categories like infantry, only some of them could likely do more than one categories. This is why I keep wanting EA to bring more developers from Battlefield or DICE LA and Criterion to expand the support team.

Then, we won't need the Hero developers overall except for skins. There's a reason why the developers are organized for specific categories because they are specialized in those. If we don't do more heroes, I don't think they would all be useful in other categories like infantry, only some of them could likely do more than one categories. This is why I keep wanting EA to bring more developers from Battlefield or DICE LA and Criterion to expand the support team.

Because it’s be so terrible if we actually got some decent skins... And wouldn’t the same principles apply to reinforcements. Like giving OT and ST infiltrators and skins for infiltrators. Just saying. Luke and a few other heroes needs some variety……
  • lowell
    972 posts Member
    edited June 21

Because it’s be so terrible if we actually got some decent skins... And wouldn’t the same principles apply to reinforcements. Like giving OT and ST infiltrators and skins for infiltrators. Just saying. Luke and a few other heroes needs some variety……

I believe we can get both new heroes and skins and I do want both. Skins are how we can both show support and have fun in the game. This is why I want the developer team (not only the Hero developers) to grow with a mix of more developers coming from Battlefield and bringing DICE LA and Criterion into the fold.

Skins are cool and all but they offer nothing significant in regards to real gameplay variety. Until Jango Fett is added this game will always be lacking one of the most important ingredients of the Star Was universe. If you are opposed to It youre a low-T soyboy.
  • David1543 wrote: »

Skins are cool and all but they offer nothing significant in regards to real gameplay variety. Until Jango Fett is added this game will always be lacking one of the most important ingredients of the Star Was universe. If you are opposed to It youre worse than a low-T soyboy.

• Padmé would be too OP because her weapon could OHK a BX battle droid. :wink:
    Current Topics:

b1p3arep6n15.png

- Captain Phasma

Yeah but she’d die if she ever got sad.
  • TheScape
    2213 posts Member
    edited June 21

I don't disagree with the no more heroes sentiment, believe me. I just think that if any era should get any, it's the ST. 4 heroes per faction would be ideal and right now, almost all the factions, except for the First Order have that number. I also feel that all the old guys from the OT (Luke, Leia and Han), should get some kind of skin representing the era they are playing on. It's really strange to see any of them on the ST maps with their young appearances.
    I just think that if they ever want to push for era lock (like they are doing for CS), they just need to address that issue. Balance for heroes of a given era is a completely different issue and I just gave up on trying to get any...
  • Rex and cody should be heroes in their own right, especially rex, there's your blaster heroes from the PT
  • Rex and cody should be heroes in their own right, especially rex, there's your blaster heroes from the PT

I can confirm that those two generic clone troopers will not be heroes in Battlefront 2, let that sink in.
    Rex and cody should be heroes in their own right, especially rex, there's your blaster heroes from the PT

I can confirm that those two generic clone troopers will not be heroes in Battlefront 2, let that sink in.

They are not generic. Particularly Rex. Captain Rex would crush Jango Fett.
    Rex and cody should be heroes in their own right, especially rex, there's your blaster heroes from the PT

Ok, just because I'm that nice, I'll tell it once and for all: clone captains won't be heroes in Battlefront 2. Stop with these childish things like saying A would crush B character. The difference is that A is just a cartoon generic clone and B is an important movie character. Don't ever dream about impossible things like clones as heroes, doesn't worth it.
    The A-B was just an example for you.

Yeah but she’d die if she ever got sad.

Whenever she sees Darth Vader
    Whenever she sees Vader killing either Luke or Leia
    Whenever Anakin kills someone
    Current Topics:

b1p3arep6n15.png

- Captain Phasma

Ok, just because I'm that nice, I'll tell it once and for all: clone captains won't be heroes in Battlefront 2. Stop with these childish things like saying A would crush B character. The difference is that A is just a cartoon generic clone and B is an important movie character. Don't ever dream about impossible things like clones as heroes, doesn't worth it.

Real nice guy. Yeah, I can see that. It’s very apparent. They may not ever be heroes, sure. Not likely at all. But lets not get carried away with the importance of mister “B” either. You may call them cartoon characters but never forget that every single clone was a Jango, and many of them grew well beyond anything the he ever accomplished. The stories told about these characters are canon, regardless of the media used. That means they are real within Star Wars. And it’s not childish to observe that a war hero is more powerful and experienced than a bounty hunter.

Childish... I’ll give you a pass on that offensive, but just this once. Dreams? You think you know what I want for this game? Please... You’re still kinda new around here so you know what? I’ll give you a second pass on that insult as well.

You can be against the addition of CW cartoon characters to the game. That’s fine, and a fair position. I’m not a big CW enthusiast anyway. Tread lightly though, when choosing to condescend towards me. Only reasoned responses will serve you. More of the like you provided above, will not.

Real nice guy. Yeah, I can see that. It’s very apparent. They may not ever be heroes, sure. Not likely at all. But lets not get carried away with the importance of mister “B” either. You may call them cartoon characters but never forget that every single clone was a Jango, and many of them grew well beyond anything the he ever accomplished. The stories told about these characters are canon, regardless of the media used. That means they are real within Star Wars. And it’s not childish to observe that a war hero is more powerful and experienced than a bounty hunter.

Childish... I’ll give you a pass on that offensive, but just this once. Dreams? You think you know what I want for this game? Please... You’re still kinda new around here so you know what? I’ll give you a second pass on that insult as well.

You can be against the addition of CW cartoon characters to the game. That’s fine, and a fair position. I’m not a big CW enthusiast anyway. Tread lightly though, when choosing to condescend towards me. Only reasoned responses will serve you. More of the like you provided above, will not.

Saying a certain character could crush another is childish, regardless who is it.
    Yes, maybe Jango will never make it to the game, just because he's a bounty hunter, like bossk for eg., and no I'm not new here, I've been on this forum for about a year and when people think that legends/comic and other characters could come into the game, it annoys me. Because it's Dice, we had like 4 years to get to know them, and how do they handle content. Based on the 2 games, and we don't believe in fairytales like Revan comes to bf2 (that would be great), and we go as realistic as possible, the only movie character choice will be Padmé, and only Jango could be her counter because both have significant screen time and both of them are important.

Saying a certain character could crush another is childish, regardless who is it.
    Yes, maybe Jango will never make it to the game, just because he's a bounty hunter, like bossk for eg., and no I'm not new here, I've been on this forum for about a year and when people think that legends/comic and other characters could come into the game, it annoys me. Because it's Dice, we had like 4 years to get to know them, and how do they handle content. Based on the 2 games, and we don't believe in fairytales like Revan comes to bf2 (that would be great), and we go as realistic as possible, the only movie character choice will be Padmé, and only Jango could be her counter because both have significant screen time and both of them are important.

It’s a common thread to compare the power levels of characters, across movies, shows, and in particular when speaking on characters with regard to a fighting video game. It is not childish. Your insistence that it is, is about to evolve into a self revelation. I assume you understand this and agree that we move on from this point.

Padme is not the only realistic movie choice. I think she’s a terrible choice actually. And speaking of clones she’d basically be a Leia clone, from appearance to design. . Mace is the front runner for next PT hero without question, but this thread is about blasters.

I’m not opposed to adding Jango Fett, but the problem is even worse than Padme. Yes, he’d be the first dual wielding blaster hero, but the jet pack is the problem. Boba already has his issues because of it and adding a second DS jet pack without LS analogs is a miserable idea that we all can agree on. The thing is, the only possible LS analogs are from the cartoons. Rex, and Sabine.

I really don’t want Sabine, but that’s not a strong argument. Rex would be good for the game, but he’s not really an aerial unit, having only been shown to fly sparingly.

So for me, both Padme and Jango are out for the reasons I mentioned. So who’s left? Only the canon cartoon characters. Let’s face it, the PT is the era for sabers. You just don’t have many options for blasters and the main two that are left available from the movies either don’t bring anything new to the table or actually make the gameplay dynamics worse.

The PT is about the sabers. Mace is first among them.

Don’t be surprised if DICE chooses to bring Ashoka and Ventress next. With the information that’s been released it’s almost a certainty. Prepare yourself.

It’s a common thread to compare the power levels of characters, across movies, shows, and in particular when speaking on characters with regard to a fighting video game. It is not childish. Your insistence that it is, is about to evolve into a self revelation. I assume you understand this and agree that we move on from this point.

Padme is not the only realistic movie choice. I think she’s a terrible choice actually. And speaking of clones she’d basically be a Leia clone, from appearance to design. . Mace is the front runner for next PT hero without question, but this thread is about blasters.

I’m not opposed to adding Jango Fett, but the problem is even worse than Padme. Yes, he’d be the first dual wielding blaster hero, but the jet pack is the problem. Boba already has his issues because of it and adding a second DS jet pack without LS analogs is a miserable idea that we all can agree on. The thing is, the only possible LS analogs are from the cartoons. Rex, and Sabine.

I really don’t want Sabine, but that’s not a strong argument. Rex would be good for the game, but he’s not really an aerial unit, having only been shown to fly sparingly.

So for me, both Padme and Jango are out for the reasons I mentioned. So who’s left? Only the canon cartoon characters. Let’s face it, the PT is the era for sabers. You just don’t have many options for blasters and the main two that are left available from the movies either don’t bring anything new to the table or actually make the gameplay dynamics worse.

The PT is about the sabers. Mace is first among them.

Don’t be surprised if DICE chooses to bring Ashoka and Ventress next. With the information that’s been released it’s almost a certainty. Prepare yourself.

No information released, I don't know where did you get that. Only voice leaks, but Padmé's there too. We can just speculate, but fine, get your hopes up over goofy cartoon characters, you'll be disappointed that's for sure