criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Community Update: Where are those Droidekas?

Replies

• Really cool video. Kinda disappointed there isn’t more yellow/gold in anakins armor, am I remembering his armor wrong? Thought it had more yellow/gold. Oh well. Video was great, like how the destroyer losses weapon power AND mobility, smart.

Will the destroyer still be able to add more health? Or will that be turned into the roll/shield ability! Thanks
  • EA_Joz
    118 posts EA Moderator
    Really looking forward to this!

~EA_Joz
  • <3 very good!!
  • To me the best part of the video was the last part. One might be offline large mode for Arcade. Two look like if you unlocked the skins they will be randomly generated. Three I think I will be purchasing crystals in September.
  • Alex64
    7657 posts Member
    I'm looking forward to the new BUGs. Our QA Team lead tester will love to do some experiments with them.

Maybe droidekas will fly? I'd love to see that.

Droidekas will easily fall to the map pits.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • i cant wait for droidekas
  • Droidekas look amazing. Can’t wait. Also loving that Hero Blasters can crouch. This is an awesome update.

If the updates were like this at launch this game would have done much better. Thanks to devs for hard work and not giving up. Hopefully people that passed on it because of negative press come back.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    People asked for these appearances, maybe you didn't, but others did.

I have to admit, even as someone who loves the Prequel Trilogy and these updates, I'm starting to feel bad for my fellow OG and ST fans. :/

Either way, thanks for the new updates! :)

Sorry, my last reply broke the formatting I was intending. Hopefully I've fixed it here.
    PRIORITY LISTS
    HEROES:
    Commander Cody - the Empire has Iden, the First Order has Phasma. Give us a soldier-based hero for the Republic!
    GA MAPS
    Utapau
    Mygeeto
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    T0TALfps wrote: »

Arriving in this update on June 26th:
    • 💥 Droidekas
    • 💥 TX-130
    • 👀 General Skywalker Appearance
    • 👀 212th Recon Division
    • 👀 41st Scout Battalion
    • 🌌 Naboo in Capital Supremacy

We'll be back at the start of next week with the full release notes ahead of the Where are those Droidekas Update!

Why are you guys holding back desperately-requested Luke skins and giving us other skins nobody has requested?

Oh but they have been requested, by me among others, not to say I wouldn't like Bespin Luke and many other OT skins, in fact I'd love many many skins for all troopers and heroes.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Sniffy44 wrote: »

• 💥 Droidekas
    • 💥 TX-130
    • 👀 212th Recon Division
    • 👀 41st Scout Battalion

We'll be back at the start of next week with the full release notes ahead of the Where are those Droidekas Update!

Why are you guys holding back desperately-requested Luke skins and giving us other skins nobody has requested?

People asked for these appearances, maybe you didn't, but others did.

Oversaturation?

Yeah oversaturated with Twitter feedback and not enough thread feedback. Threads are filled with skin requests for Luke, Maul, Emperor.
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    cool update but why does anakins cw skin have long hair?

That’s what I was wondering. is his hair longer in CW season 7?

• Well keep these updates coming, definitely appreciate your efforts guys👍👍
    zt3xty1wuxk8.gif
  • It's a skin. Anikan new skin I like. Just like I would love to see some maul, Luke, liea, and Vader skin. But they at least gave us some skin.

I am looking forward to the 26 next week. Even though I rag on this game all the time and throw fits. Something is better than nothing. More skins they put out the more crystals I'll buy come large scale offline mode.

So the way I see it the more skins they make the more money they'll make come August, September, October, November.
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    Nice work with the new skins guys, ad 21st Nova corps galactic marines and I'll put down some real money on them.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • PO1977
    41 posts Member
    TimoFett_0 wrote: »
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    cool update but why does anakins cw skin have long hair?

That’s what I was wondering. is his hair longer in CW season 7?

Yep

But the problem is that in the beginning of the CW they were short... 😣
  • Got me pumped @F8RGE can’t wait!!! Can we get the Community Transmission on Monday if possible? Or is should we expect it the day of the update?
  • JrFett
    40 posts Member
    Looks like fun! I, for one, am stoked that the Clones finally get a tank! Now for the Rebellion to get one to combat the AT-ST's.
    Really looking forward to this weeks update and the new Anakin skin.
    Can we please get new guns and unlock the faction guns like the E-11 for upgrades for use by any faction?
    Thanks for sticking with this game. As a huge Star Wars fan, it's nice to see you guys still putting the effort into the game.
  • My body couldn't possibly be more ready for this update. Bring on the 26th! :sunglasses:
    "All wings report in."
  • What the heck is that sound guys?! I need that sound!
  • Got some crystals from awhile back.

How much will each troop cost with crystals. I can't find that anywhere.
  • Nevermind found it.

20,000=500 crystals
    40,000=1000 crystals
  • T0TALfps wrote: »

• 💥 Droidekas
    • 💥 TX-130
    • 👀 212th Recon Division
    • 👀 41st Scout Battalion

Extremely pleased the devs are listening and keeping us engaged!

• 💥 Droidekas
    • 💥 TX-130
    • 👀 212th Recon Division
    • 👀 41st Scout Battalion

Extremely pleased the devs are listening and keeping us engaged!

I think I'll get one or two of each skin for the clones. I don't want to go brokeish on my credits.

Jabba ain't got no jobs for me right now. Lol.
  • New weapons, a non linear gamemode and a big scale mode without heroes??
    When?
    Anyone else notice the pointy saber?7duandtr8vj7.png

"Various visual improvements to the Lightsaber blades for all heroes, adding pointed tips and improving their brightness."

Will be in next week's update.

Any chance Rey and Hoth Luke's saber color will be changed to match Anakin's? Rey's is the darker blue in both FA and TLJ.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3212 posts Member
    edited June 22
    By the way, why is the 212th ARF Trooper skin so shiny and glossy? It looks like he’s rolled around in oil.
    They should look matte like this (and the like the 41st Scout Trooper, which you got right):
    qnls2g6byqqq.png
  • it seems that there are some errors in ARF skin.
    latest?cb=20110128050503
    vdyyem4wlp531.jpg

1bfioawlu399.png
    latest?cb=20110128050503
    vdyyem4wlp531.jpg

And again, is it just me or are the helmets just enormously oversized?
    Sorry for being picky, I just like things to be accurate

latest?cb=20110128050503
    vdyyem4wlp531.jpg

I think so too, but most likely there is no easier way for them to do it like this, otherwise that would have to modify the humanoid base character
    latest?cb=20110128050503
    vdyyem4wlp531.jpg

I think so too, but most likely there is no easier way for them to do it like this, otherwise that would have to modify the humanoid base character

Are you sure? Wouldn't it just be a simple rescale?
    I'm not a game dev, so I don't know
    JayJedi wrote: »
    Are droidicas only in CS?

Either Jay or Ben confirmed that they will be available in any mode that droid Enforcers are available.

Correct

And what will be the number of droidekas that could be in the battle? because we have 4 reinforcements with this and the other three that can appear are 4. Bravo. Besides that in closed spaces such as the capital ships or the naboo throne, the droidekas will burst into the republic because the tank can not be deployed and therefore can not be counteracted. Another unfair thing for the game. See what you will do about it.

Droidekas can be countered by troopers, they have everything they need in their possession to do so.
  • Lionbite
    298 posts Member
    it seems that there are some errors in ARF skin.
    latest?cb=20110128050503
    vdyyem4wlp531.jpg

Have to compare the game model to a TCW character chart of the ARF trooper to be sure... or maybe it is like the airborne trooper helmet, it looks bulky from certain angles and isn't that bulky in reality.
  • Lionbite
    298 posts Member

• 💥 Droidekas
    • 💥 TX-130
    • 👀 212th Recon Division
    • 👀 41st Scout Battalion

1-Awesome update!

2-Next stop later this summer or maybe for the end of The Clone Wars season we will get

"the new way to add more troopers without having to make the reinforcements" update

Well, all these new clone appearance updates (91st officer update harness and back ammo pouches) and now the clone scout armor set and just an ARF helmet developed being one them, is clearly pointing at something bigger and innovative for the game, I hope.

3-Felucia! Finally, these maps will be magnificent! can't wait to see the night time and dusk variants of them!! *o*
    fingers crossed for Rogue One and Solo contents (maps, trooper appearances, blasters...), Mustafar, Umbara and of course Otto Gunga too!

Coruscant of course, but it so much requested that I won't bother to mention it anymore.
    latest?cb=20110128050503
    vdyyem4wlp531.jpg

Are you sure? Wouldn't it just be a simple rescale?
    I'm not a game dev, so I don't know

I do not know how their system works... depending on the way they change the skins, they either change the complete object including the humanoid character, or they change and swap out the skins for the clones by independently activating or applying child objects like chest plates and more to it (which is as far as I know more comfortable and resource efficient). Therefore I could imagine scaling the humanoid model would effect all clone appearances (which would not be intended). Scaling the helm smaller would cause the humanoid head to stick through the armor (which would look bad). Therefore the most "easy" solution to this is making the helmet a little bit bigger
  • Wasn't the ARF troopers one scale short of the ARCs?

Clone commandos
    ARC
    ARF (airborne rangers?)
    Clone Scouts
    Clone troopers
    Then bad batch
    Then poor 99?

• I don't know where to put the marines at. Between CT and ARCs somewhere right?
  • I’ll be really disappointed if this update doesn’t include a regen buff for chewie
    The Community Update video has now soared past 1,000,000 views!!

giphy.gif

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Since the Droideka's another Enforcer unit, I'm guessing it will also have the 3 health-based cards and the Overload card, but what about the 5th card since they don't have an explosive ability? Any chance someone could provide an answer?
  • PO1977
    41 posts Member
    edited June 26
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Wasn't the ARF troopers one scale short of the ARCs?

Clone commandos
    ARC
    ARF (airborne rangers?)
    Clone Scouts
    Clone troopers
    Then bad batch
    Then poor 99?

Actually, ARC Troopers are considered more elite than Clone Commandos.

The ARF Trooper is considered to be more intelligent than regular Clone Troopers, which is why they are specialized in recon and survival.

Also, in your example, I'd put the Bad Batch above all others. They are essentially super soldiers, genetically tailored to be extreme representatives of the Fett genome. Each one of them the "ultimate" expression of an archetype : the hunter, the tank, the sniper, the tech.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they were, loosely, based on Omega Squad.
    Post edited by PO1977 on