criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

They're aware that CS lasts too long... right?

JackTHorn
3653 posts Member
I had assumed it was an obvious thing, with the tons of complaints people made at release. But they don't seem to be doing anything about it. I have friends who really want to play it, but rarely have 40+ minutes all at once, and just end up playing Strike or Blast instead.

Replies

  • vVrathh
    487 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    I like the mode a lot. The only issue it has aside from the length of the matches is that there are too many heroes -- it was better when it was two at a time.

    Really though, I don't terribly mind the 40-minute and 60-minute matches, personally. If I have time to play at all then I generally have at least an hour. Though that's not true for a lot of my friends.

    Pretty sure it's still 2 on each side. If you see more, it's because it's bugged.
  • JackTHorn
    3653 posts Member
    vVrathh wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    I like the mode a lot. The only issue it has aside from the length of the matches is that there are too many heroes -- it was better when it was two at a time.

    Really though, I don't terribly mind the 40-minute and 60-minute matches, personally. If I have time to play at all then I generally have at least an hour. Though that's not true for a lot of my friends.
    Pretty sure it's still 2 on each side. If you see more, it's because it's bugged.
    Ah, well, good, then! Maybe I was just seeing one hero spawning in after another had died. =)
  • I'd like it they made the ground phase shorter. Maybe lower it to 30. I tend to avoid this mode at the moment because I never know if it'll be a 15 minute match or a 2 hour match. I also only like playing this mode for the ship section.
  • Get rid of hero’s and make it longer.
  • Hesha wrote: »
    If you want a shorter game mode, go play anything other then CS. This is the only game mode where battles can last over a hour, don’t take it away from us.

    An hour is fine. Having a long intense battle is enjoyable. But I always get into not one but three-hour-long because the teams have the same level so.. It usually takes me playing CSI side and picking a sneaking commando Droid to win in those games, which I don't want always use.

    We have other things to do and people to take care of. I never try getting into a CS game except in the rare week-ends I'm home. Because it ends up being a waste of playtime otherwise, with no reward. The poor 1500 credits I got for the few times I did play 3 hours are also clearly not rewarding enough.
  • Sniffy44
    394 posts Member
    counterpoint: if the defending team is incompetent, the ship phase can actually be quite short
  • Unwarycoin
    5989 posts Member
    I like the long playtime. This gives plenty of opportunity to stack up Battle points to use infiltrators and heroes.

    I have similar thoughts as well, and I like a lengthy match.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Then let's just give EXP and enough Credits to those that must leave in-game.

    We may have an hour of free-time. But not three. I don't have 27 hours every day.
  • I'd like more heroes. I especially don't like the light side selection so I usually don't bother. It's not uncommon to end up with 20k of battlepoint.
  • Hesha
    507 posts Member
    I like the long playtime. This gives plenty of opportunity to stack up Battle points to use infiltrators and heroes.

    The long matches are the best ones in my opinion, especially when you get so caught up in the moment that it feels like it flys by.
  • BradCafe
    161 posts Member
    I think a great solution to this would be to remove one command post each time the battle returns to the ground. This would speed things up significantly and would be a godsend for those games where you get kicked back to the ground three or more times.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • Can we all agree Commando droids are really the make or break here for time? If you are or have good Infiltrators on the Separatist team, the battle goes fast. As a decent BX Commando, when playing on the ship phase for attack, myself and maybe one of their commando dominate the field with the heroes. I’ve taken out a few Anakin’s and others so far, they’re godsends that destroy basically anything! On the other hand though, players who sniper commandos just to be a special unit are the literal worst and make the game take forever because you have to play a lower class trooper that maybe you are or aren’t good with until they die so you can play your best unit
  • SnakeMajin
    408 posts Member
    edited June 21
    NOLA_Ghoul wrote: »
    Can we all agree Commando droids are really the make or break here for time? If you are or have good Infiltrators on the Separatist team, the battle goes fast. As a decent BX Commando, when playing on the ship phase for attack, myself and maybe one of their commando dominate the field with the heroes. I’ve taken out a few Anakin’s and others so far, they’re godsends that destroy basically anything! On the other hand though, players who sniper commandos just to be a special unit are the literal worst and make the game take forever because you have to play a lower class trooper that maybe you are or aren’t good with until they die so you can play your best unit

    Indeed. When I manage to get the final push, it is usually by sneaking then defending as a commando Droid. And it's usually only with them I get among the top players.

    Or as a commando I keep making hit and run attacks that keep them all focused on me, leaving room for my team to clean and push the button.
  • bfloo
    15662 posts Member
    I usually enjoy long games but cs just drags.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • I like the longer match style as well. Some can drag on a little that’s true, but if efforts are made solely to shorten the matches, this mode will lose more than it gains.

    I have no doubt that this point will be ignored, and common sense will not prevail. Again.
  • TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    Hesha wrote: »
    I like the long playtime. This gives plenty of opportunity to stack up Battle points to use infiltrators and heroes.

    The long matches are the best ones in my opinion, especially when you get so caught up in the moment that it feels like it flys by.

    The only problem with these long matches is how the ship phase drags on. I like long matches, but I'd rather have them on the ground without switching back and forth with cutscenes in between that completely break the flow.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • BradCafe wrote: »
    I think a great solution to this would be to remove one command post each time the battle returns to the ground. This would speed things up significantly and would be a godsend for those games where you get kicked back to the ground three or more times.

    No, no, no. We already have plenty of GA/Strike style environments in this game. If you shorten anything, it’s the ship phases.
    I like the longer match style as well. Some can drag on a little that’s true, but if efforts are made solely to shorten the matches, this mode will lose more than it gains.

    I have no doubt that this point will be ignored, and common sense will not prevail. Again.

  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Yes, aware

    *sighs*

    Here we go again...
  • bfloo
    15662 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    Hesha wrote: »
    I like the long playtime. This gives plenty of opportunity to stack up Battle points to use infiltrators and heroes.

    The long matches are the best ones in my opinion, especially when you get so caught up in the moment that it feels like it flys by.

    The only problem with these long matches is how the ship phase drags on. I like long matches, but I'd rather have them on the ground without switching back and forth with cutscenes in between that completely break the flow.

    The ship phase should be cut and put into Strike and make the ground phase cq
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Darth_Vapor3
    4122 posts Member
    edited June 21
    bfloo wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    Hesha wrote: »
    I like the long playtime. This gives plenty of opportunity to stack up Battle points to use infiltrators and heroes.

    The long matches are the best ones in my opinion, especially when you get so caught up in the moment that it feels like it flys by.

    The only problem with these long matches is how the ship phase drags on. I like long matches, but I'd rather have them on the ground without switching back and forth with cutscenes in between that completely break the flow.

    The ship phase should be cut and put into Strike and make the ground phase cq
    I like the ship phases and the match length, but recognize that it is pretty long sometimes. Still, if anything should be shortened or removed, it’s the ships.
  • Billkwando
    1920 posts Member
    tts42572 wrote: »
    It definitely feels like it goes on a little too long.

    I don't mind the intense battles but after about 3 ground waves and 3 ship waves I've about had enough most of the time.

    This. I'm usually good after 2 ship phases, lol.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    I like the mode a lot. The only issue it has aside from the length of the matches is that there are too many heroes -- it was better when it was two at a time.

    Really though, I don't terribly mind the 40-minute and 60-minute matches, personally. If I have time to play at all then I generally have at least an hour. Though that's not true for a lot of my friends.

    You might be seeing more heroes this weekend in CS because, apparently, HU is in effect there as well. All 4 heroes are available and have a reduced BP cost.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Defbored
    1544 posts Member
    I’ve been in the same game since the release of the mode.
  • Piscettios
    5857 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    Hesha wrote: »
    I like the long playtime. This gives plenty of opportunity to stack up Battle points to use infiltrators and heroes.

    The long matches are the best ones in my opinion, especially when you get so caught up in the moment that it feels like it flys by.

    The only problem with these long matches is how the ship phase drags on. I like long matches, but I'd rather have them on the ground without switching back and forth with cutscenes in between that completely break the flow.

    The ship phase should be cut and put into Strike and make the ground phase cq

    str6m5hzyr8m.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    Ship phase is hilarous.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Unwarycoin
    5989 posts Member
    I don’t want to lose the Capital part of Capital Supremacy, and I don’t want any limitations.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    Its lasting longer because people are no longer jumping in the dropships like at the launch of CS because people would rather get a kill then help win. With less reinforcements the ship raid doesn't last as long and the game is forced back onto the ground restarting the process. My suggestion is to end all BP gain for the boarding team to prevent people from not boarding to get BP to be a hero in the ship. STOP trying to be a hero over and over and let someone else with the points use a hero.
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • RyanK388
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 22
    I got tired of all the clone wars so I just stopped playing CS
  • Here is the real issue. The entire gameplay experience is based off exploiting the xp gain and credit system for faster more efficient player leveling and cosmetic unlocking. Players manipulate the game play and throw away steam rolling the weaker team in benefit of milking the clock for higher xp/credits.

  • Hesha
    507 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Yes, aware

    Please do not make CS matches any shorter then they already are. It was intended to be a large game mode, extremely similar to conquest from battlefield and those matches can last for hours in that game and it was glorious, please don’t take that away from us.
  • My problem isn't necessarily the length of the matches, but the fact that they drag because the majority of the team is playing for kills to get reinforcements and heroes, as well as them not getting on the transports because of it.
    My suggestion, although controversial, is to remove Heroes and have it so if you don't make the transport, you have a longer respawn timer before you can spawn in the ship phase.
  • JackTHorn
    3653 posts Member
    Hesha wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Yes, aware
    Please do not make CS matches any shorter then they already are. It was intended to be a large game mode, extremely similar to conquest from battlefield and those matches can last for hours in that game and it was glorious, please don’t take that away from us.
    As with GA, this could be resolved by making two versions of the mode.

    One in the Hero Modes, which is just as it is now.

    And one in the Assault Modes, with no Heroes (or a limit of 1) and some means of limiting the match length.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!