criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Blaster heroes nerf

MLASch
12 posts Member
Hi!
I'm a beginner in BF2 yet, but I do feel that blaster heroes (especially Original Trilogy blaster heroes) are quite OP.
They have their advantage of longer range so they shoot down enemy lightsaber heroes without any struggle, and they can even defeat them in melee combat. Blaster heroes must be nerfed.
First, Han Solo. How does he has even two abilities with a knockdown effect? And by the time you recover, Han has already killed you with Sharpshooter ability ,and, if you are still alive, with his DL-44.
Second, Leia. She is the least OP I think. Her annoying abilities are Rapid Fire and her charged Defender Pistol.
Third, Chewbacca. He has a shock grenade that stuns you if within its radius, and u r killed with Furious Bowcaster, and a Charge Slam that knocks you down, and u r killed with FB, too, and/or by other blaster heroes.
Finally, Lando. He just has two abilities (Disabler and Sharp Shot) which if combined, are as OP as HM was at the release of Anakin.
What do you think? If I'm wrong, please tell me that too!
Thank you for the attention! Looking forward to replies!

Replies

• MLASch wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm a beginner in BF2 yet, but I do feel that blaster heroes (especially Original Trilogy blaster heroes) are quite OP.
    They have their advantage of longer range so they shoot down enemy lightsaber heroes without any struggle, and they can even defeat them in melee combat. Blaster heroes must be nerfed.
    First, Han Solo. How does he has even two abilities with a knockdown effect? And by the time you recover, Han has already killed you with Sharpshooter ability ,and, if you are still alive, with his DL-44.
    Second, Leia. She is the least OP I think. Her annoying abilities are Rapid Fire and her charged Defender Pistol.
    Third, Chewbacca. He has a shock grenade that stuns you if within its radius, and u r killed with Furious Bowcaster, and a Charge Slam that knocks you down, and u r killed with FB, too, and/or by other blaster heroes.
    Finally, Lando. He just has two abilities (Disabler and Sharp Shot) which if combined, are as OP as HM was at the release of Anakin.

Youre gonna get a lot of LoL's im affraid.

Deserved lols
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    Most saber heroes are better than the blaster heroes so they don't need a nerf
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    edited June 22
    MLASch wrote: »
    Hi!

s8vjzkbfwq4c.gif

(mother also disagrees)
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Sounds like you are new to the game and bought it for PC...^^
  • Defbored
    1274 posts Member
    If you take away they’re ability to do damage at range then you make you them useless.

Hi!

2mbe2Z8.gif

P.S. GIt Gud.
  • Apocalypse incoming
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Hi!

Blaster heroes are broken.
    All of them ( exept for Leia ) have a stun, they can roll lightsaber swings, and they can shoot from distance.

Boba Han and Bossk also don’t have stuns
  • Cane_danko
    1143 posts Member
    Blaster heroes become easier to deal with when you get better at saber combat. Sure there will always be god idens and hans running around but they aren’t unbeatable. Just annoying. You have to learn to bait out their abilities and count their rolls. Also they have no defense against force powers except a timed roll (which should be nerfed imo).
  • Defbored
    1274 posts Member
    If someone really believes the blaster heros needs a nerf you definitely have not been playing the game much. And if you have then you don’t play with each character as much as you do others.

I’ll take on a blaster hero with a saber hero all day eer day.
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Hi!

Can i get an amen?

I play on PC, and blaster heroes are way stronger than lightsaber.

In HvV, if i play with the lightside, and i have in team, Han, Chewbe, Lando, Leia, i just need to stay near him, protect him, and it's gg.
    Han SOlo can just oneshot a Vader.
    Chewbe can Stun, Knock, and 2 shots everyone.
    Boba is untouchable, and he deal tons of damage.

I bought the game on console, and yes, i get why so many players ask for a buff, because on console, aim is terrible ( ofc there are some good players ) and lightsaber heroes can have a huge advantage.

All of them ( exept for Leia ) have a stun, they can roll lightsaber swings, and they can shoot from distance.

You’re even more pathetic than I thought. First you want Anakin buffed and now you want Blaster Heroes, who are already weak, to be nerfed into oblivion.

Not my fault if console and pc are different worlds :)

"Blaster heroes already weak"

Chewbe can 2 shots a Vader
    Lando stun, and oneshot.
    Iden stun, and oneshot.

"Already weak"

Console player :(
    Can't aim, blame the heroes

Chewie cant two shot a Vader, even with FB active. What are you on about ‘Iden and Lando oneshot???’
  • MC_XIX
    1666 posts Member
    Blaster heroes don't need a nerf, but they don't need a buff either. If you can aim, a lot of blaster heroes are better than saber heroes in HvV.

Han Solo, Boba and Iden stand out. Finn's buffs often make his team a nightmare to face.
  • Raylol wrote: »
    Hi!

Can i get an amen?

In HvV, if i play with the lightside, and i have in team, Han, Chewbe, Lando, Leia, i just need to stay near him, protect him, and it's gg.

I bought the game on console, and yes, i get why so many players ask for a buff, because on console, aim is terrible ( ofc there are some good players ) and lightsaber heroes can have a huge advantage.

You’re even more pathetic than I thought. First you want Anakin buffed and now you want Blaster Heroes, who are already weak, to be nerfed into oblivion.

Lando stun, and oneshot.
    Iden stun, and oneshot.

"Already weak"

Chewie cant two **** a Vader, even with FB active. What are you on about ‘Iden and Lando oneshot???’

If Lando or Iden stun you, you're dead .

Chewbe can just Stun, Knock, 2 shots, death.

Han can detonite middle air, knock, 2 headshot, death.

Blaster heroes are weak-c

Lol, Lando stun it’s so weak that I just enter there on purpose and after he shocks me I just button smash him to death.

Ok, as you say.
    Hi!

Can i get an amen?

Lando stun, and oneshot.
    Iden stun, and oneshot.

"Already weak"

I play one PS4 but I can assure you that I am a much better player and also better at aiming than you. Chewie can not, under any circumstances, 2 shot a full health Vader. For Lando, his stun only lasts long enough for you to do about 600-700 damage, at absolute maximum. If you don’t want to die, don’t walk into the radius of the stun. And for Iden, why don’t you use your precious Anakin and pull her to your feet and use the garbage HM to knock her down again and then slash her to death, it’s one of the best ways to deal with “op Iden”
  • Lol nah man they're fine.
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    Hi!

Can i get an amen?

I got the game on PC. No, blaster heroes are not OP compared to lightsaber ones. On PC lightsaber heroes are mostly in advantage. Period.

(Ive also played a lot the game on console).
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Hi!

Can i get an amen?

I got the game on PC. No, blaster heroes are not OP compared to lightsaber ones. On PC lightsaber heroes are mostly in advantage. Period.

(Ive also played a lot the game on console).

Okay as you say.
    That's why in the first places, there are always blaster heroes.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Leave Blaster heroes alone, Lando already got nerfed.

Nerf or a lead pipe to the knees?
  • anidriX
    857 posts Member
    I am going to asume you got it on PC where blaster heroes are much stronger (but not stronger than Lightsaber heroes) so by saying that blasters are OP you'll get a lot of LOLs especially since most players here are on Console.

In a 1v1, a blaster hero loses 9/10 times, even on PC.
  • I am playing on PC and blaster heroes are fine and certainly not OP.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    I am going to asume you got it on PC where blaster heroes are much stronger (but not stronger than Lightsaber heroes) so by saying that blasters are OP you'll get a lot of LOLs especially since most players here are on Console.

Uhm. in a 1 v 1. So, excatly, when you will be in a 1 v 1 scenario?
    And even if you are in a 1 v 1 scenario, blaster heroes should have no chance to win vs a lightsaber hero.
    Instead, at least oc PC, blaster heroes can win even a 1 v 1 vs a ligthsaber hero if they play correctly.

By sayng they are OP, i don't mean they are OP. But they are in a very good spot. At least for PC.
  • anidriX
    857 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »

Uhm. in a 1 v 1. So, excatly, when you will be in a 1 v 1 scenario?
    And even if you are in a 1 v 1 scenario, blaster heroes should have no chance to win vs a lightsaber hero.
    Instead, at least oc PC, blaster heroes can win even a 1 v 1 vs a ligthsaber hero if they play correctly.

By sayng they are OP, i don't mean they are OP. But they are in a very good spot. At least for PC.

I'm on PC like you. On HvV there are 1v1s all the time, now more than ever with TDM. On GA, I always go for the Blaster heroes when they are going without infantry cover. Being constantly on the radar makes them an even easier target. Yes, they have a chance but it's very dependent on skill level and which blaster hero is being played. If it's Iden, there's a much bigger chance than Finn or Leia.
    On behalf of the pc player base I would like to apologize for the behaviour of this player and I would like to also had that effectivelty from now on his master race card is revoked. We are sorry again for the disturbance caused.

Why? He clearly said he was a beginner. Instead everyone choose to mock him for being wrong and choose to ignore the fact that he's playing on PC where gameplay is VERY different and blaster heroes are in fact much stronger albeit not stronger than Lightsaber heroes and definitely not OP either.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Why? He clearly said he was a beginner. Instead everyone choose to mock him for being wrong and choose to ignore the fact that he's playing on PC where gameplay is VERY different and blaster heroes are in fact much stronger albeit not stronger than Lightsaber heroes and definitely not OP either.

I'm sorry, there's been a misunderstanding. I'm not reffering to op, everybody starts at one point and it's perfectly fine, even though op shouldn't be calling for nerfs when he is a beginner and should obtain a better grasp of the game to be able to properly critize the flaws and the good points, I'm refering to mister (I presume?) XAnakin93.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo

• Blaster heroes are weak-c
  • Revan72
    232 posts Member
    Lol, you guys have some issues. Or you just don't read.

1) i'm not a beginner. I have 2000 hours rofl.
    2) I'm a beginner on Console, and even if i'm a beginner and i didn't had a pad in my hands for 15 years, i can always go in the top 3 of the scoreboard. ( That's mean how good console players are ) i'm so trash on ps4 that's is just pathetic that i can go in top 3 everytime.
    3)I'm not a troll, not my fault, if you ask for the stupid things ever, you can't espect me to be serious. You keep say blaster heroes are weak, and i posted you video, prooving the opposite.
    Try to watch Some skilled players on PC, and watch what they do with them.
    4)Han Solo can literally Detonite, Knock, 4 HS and Vader is gone. From the distance.

Again, i play on both plattform, and PC and Console, are two differents wordls. When you will understand that, maybe you will stop calling me troll.

Okay, well I never said that blaster heroes are weak, but they don't need to be nerfed either. Blaster heroes are fine. You also mentioned that aim on console is terrible. It's not. I would say I land the majority of my shots. Except on snipes. I'm trash as a specialist trying to snipe. :lol:

I think it really depends on players skill in a lot of cases. I play HvV mainly, and it can really be a mixed bag. Some blaster players are complete bots and some just completely own you. I seriously think some people need to learn the difference between something being genuinely OP, and someone just being genuinely more skilled at the game than you.

Like, a good saber hero player should generally be able to beat a good blaster hero player.

Also, what you described about Han Solo taking down Vader, is not a 'One shot.'

tgcvitb6sve2.gif
  • XAnakin93
    374 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Revan72 wrote: »
    Lol, you guys have some issues. Or you just don't read.

1) i'm not a beginner. I have 2000 hours rofl.
    2) I'm a beginner on Console, and even if i'm a beginner and i didn't had a pad in my hands for 15 years, i can always go in the top 3 of the scoreboard. ( That's mean how good console players are ) i'm so trash on ps4 that's is just pathetic that i can go in top 3 everytime.
    3)I'm not a troll, not my fault, if you ask for the stupid things ever, you can't espect me to be serious. You keep say blaster heroes are weak, and i posted you video, prooving the opposite.
    Try to watch Some skilled players on PC, and watch what they do with them.
    4)Han Solo can literally Detonite, Knock, 4 HS and Vader is gone. From the distance.

Again, i play on both plattform, and PC and Console, are two differents wordls. When you will understand that, maybe you will stop calling me troll.

Okay, well I never said that blaster heroes are weak, but they don't need to be nerfed either. Blaster heroes are fine. You also mentioned that aim on console is terrible. It's not. I would say I land the majority of my shots. Except on snipes. I'm trash as a specialist trying to snipe. :lol:

I think it really depends on players skill in a lot of cases. I play HvV mainly, and it can really be a mixed bag. Some blaster players are complete bots and some just completely own you. I seriously think some people need to learn the difference between something being genuinely OP, and someone just being genuinely more skilled at the game than you.

Like, a good saber hero player should generally be able to beat a good blaster hero player.

Also, what you described about Han Solo taking down Vader, is not a 'One shot.'

tgcvitb6sve2.gif

Aiming on PC is totally easier than console.
    On console there are more players and most of them are casual ( ofc there are good players even on console )

Yes, a good saber hero should be able to beat a good blaster hero, but as i said before, it's not a 1 v 1 mode.
    Also, the day that Leia wins vs Vader in a 1 v 1 will be a terrible day.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »

You must be landing in some pisseasy lobbies then cos this type of play never happens when I'm a blaster hero. I will try play the way you are here but sure as hell I will have one or more sabres immediately run over to take me out.

With good positioning its possible to wreck with them. But if a saberlord is focused on you all game, it will be really hard to get good kills.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Hi!

You make it sound like they cant be dealt with,yea they got advantage long range but once that saber hero closes that gap its over.I don't think any blaster hero is OP maybe han is on the border but his gun has always been damage heavy.In my opinion if a blaster hero isn't receiving some kind of protection from ally saber heroes its over unless the saber hero/villain attacking you sucks really bad.You can't be a beginner and say something is OP especially blaster heroes of all things.Maybe you're not blocking idk but if you think blaster heroes are OP you're doing something wrong.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »

You must be landing in some pisseasy lobbies then cos this type of play never happens when I'm a blaster hero. I will try play the way you are here but sure as hell I will have one or more sabres immediately run over to take me out.

With good positioning its possible to wreck with them. But if a saberlord is focused on you all game, it will be really hard to get good kills.

This is why my logic is that saber heroes should provide protection for their blasters so their not constantly getting wrecked,we all know blasters should stay further away from the fight but that only cements their demise once they start shooting as 1 or 2 enemy saber heroes usually break off and quickly make their way towards you.Unfortunately people don't think like this,whenever i play a saber hero im always helping my blasters especially on levels like kamino
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!