criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Please, OG-9 Homing Spider droid & Dwarf Spider droid playable

JediPacoElFlaco
1071 posts Member
edited April 12

1bfioawlu399.png
Post edited by JediPacoElFlaco on

Replies

  • CC_1010
    1057 posts Member
    That would be awesome
  • And HMP gunship droid
    DroidGunshipOnderon-SWE.png

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • That's the kind of stuff I was wanting from a very full scale large mode.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Why these vehicles/units can't control?
    I don't understand.

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • @F8RGE care to chime in, since you've been quite responsive lately?
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Hesha
    388 posts Member
    And HMP gunship droid
    DroidGunshipOnderon-SWE.png

    I really think the dropships for CS should be playable at least while they are landed and gathering up troops, it would help greatly with mass gang fest that happens once the ships show up
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1071 posts Member
    edited June 14
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Why these vehicles/units can't control?
    I don't understand.

    There's a big difference between having then as environmental clutter and them being player controlled.

    Take them now; they appear within the environment and do the part they were made to do.

    If they were to be player controlled then all of the connecting systems will need to be in place.

    A large part of this would revolve around animation and art work. Because the game supports both 3rd and 1st person this would double the amount of animation required (as it does for all).

    Factor in things like UI, audio design, and overall gameplay considerations (can they fit through doors etc) and you can see how it all adds up.

    It's not out of the realms of possibility but there's more to it than just flicking a switch and making them playable. In some ways it would still be along the lines of making a brand new reinforcement.

    As with all things, we have to make tough decisions into what we spend our time on.

    Thank you so much to respond me.

    I hope that you consider it and in the future these can be controlled.

    It would be the way to balance the Geonosis map in GA. Now the people ignore these units completely.

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Why these vehicles/units can't control?
    I don't understand.

    There's a big difference between having then as environmental clutter and them being player controlled.

    Take them now; they appear within the environment and do the part they were made to do.

    If they were to be player controlled then all of the connecting systems will need to be in place.

    A large part of this would revolve around animation and art work. Because the game supports both 3rd and 1st person this would double the amount of animation required (as it does for all).

    Factor in things like UI, audio design, and overall gameplay considerations (can they fit through doors etc) and you can see how it all adds up.

    It's not out of the realms of possibility but there's more to it than just flicking a switch and making them playable. In some ways it would still be along the lines of making a brand new reinforcement.

    As with all things, we have to make tough decisions into what we spend our time on.

    Well.... from an animation perspective they are still done for third person, are'nt they? They can walk, they have their respective sounds already and shooting and stuff is already done as well. So at least third person animations are more or less 1:1 reusable and "just" have to be linked to triggers, which should not be such an issue for you guys.

    2. First Person? We are talking about tanks here, do we have one tank in the game that has first and third person? I really do not think so, so simply use the third person control and everyone is happy, no double work.

    UI: most of it can be reused, except new sprites which are needed for the abilities, or am I completely wrong here? Audio is there, we hear them shoot and walk, so this should not be too hard to link to triggers again (since they already somewhat are). Vehicles fitting through doors? What I agree with is the comparison, if they fit through doors (although doors is potentially not the case on geonosis and similar). But since you were able to do this with the new clone tank, the mini spider droid with almost the same size should be comparable and therefore quite easy to take the same boundaries over.

    Other than that, yes, there is more to it than a flick and yes it is work, but it is manageable in a measuarable amount of time imo
  • JMaster
    2175 posts Member
    And here I've been waiting to pilot these things since launch...
    vrdsv8cz3fmg.png
    Also I think this is pertinent. Sloppy and buggy, but pertinent.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • F8RGE
    733 posts EA Community Manager
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Why these vehicles/units can't control?
    I don't understand.

    There's a big difference between having then as environmental clutter and them being player controlled.

    Take them now; they appear within the environment and do the part they were made to do.

    If they were to be player controlled then all of the connecting systems will need to be in place.

    A large part of this would revolve around animation and art work. Because the game supports both 3rd and 1st person this would double the amount of animation required (as it does for all).

    Factor in things like UI, audio design, and overall gameplay considerations (can they fit through doors etc) and you can see how it all adds up.

    It's not out of the realms of possibility but there's more to it than just flicking a switch and making them playable. In some ways it would still be along the lines of making a brand new reinforcement.

    As with all things, we have to make tough decisions into what we spend our time on.

    Well.... from an animation perspective they are still done for third person, are'nt they? They can walk, they have their respective sounds already and shooting and stuff is already done as well. So at least third person animations are more or less 1:1 reusable and "just" have to be linked to triggers, which should not be such an issue for you guys.

    2. First Person? We are talking about tanks here, do we have one tank in the game that has first and third person? I really do not think so, so simply use the third person control and everyone is happy, no double work.

    UI: most of it can be reused, except new sprites which are needed for the abilities, or am I completely wrong here? Audio is there, we hear them shoot and walk, so this should not be too hard to link to triggers again (since they already somewhat are). Vehicles fitting through doors? What I agree with is the comparison, if they fit through doors (although doors is potentially not the case on geonosis and similar). But since you were able to do this with the new clone tank, the mini spider droid with almost the same size should be comparable and therefore quite easy to take the same boundaries over.

    Other than that, yes, there is more to it than a flick and yes it is work, but it is manageable in a measuarable amount of time imo

    You might find that while there is animation, the fact that it's an NPC means it might not need all the polish that would usually be found on a character that players control.

    Manageable? Yes. Does it fit in within our own internal roadmap of where we want the game to go. That's a bigger question.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Why these vehicles/units can't control?
    I don't understand.

    There's a big difference between having then as environmental clutter and them being player controlled.

    Take them now; they appear within the environment and do the part they were made to do.

    If they were to be player controlled then all of the connecting systems will need to be in place.

    A large part of this would revolve around animation and art work. Because the game supports both 3rd and 1st person this would double the amount of animation required (as it does for all).

    Factor in things like UI, audio design, and overall gameplay considerations (can they fit through doors etc) and you can see how it all adds up.

    It's not out of the realms of possibility but there's more to it than just flicking a switch and making them playable. In some ways it would still be along the lines of making a brand new reinforcement.

    As with all things, we have to make tough decisions into what we spend our time on.

    Well.... from an animation perspective they are still done for third person, are'nt they? They can walk, they have their respective sounds already and shooting and stuff is already done as well. So at least third person animations are more or less 1:1 reusable and "just" have to be linked to triggers, which should not be such an issue for you guys.

    2. First Person? We are talking about tanks here, do we have one tank in the game that has first and third person? I really do not think so, so simply use the third person control and everyone is happy, no double work.

    UI: most of it can be reused, except new sprites which are needed for the abilities, or am I completely wrong here? Audio is there, we hear them shoot and walk, so this should not be too hard to link to triggers again (since they already somewhat are). Vehicles fitting through doors? What I agree with is the comparison, if they fit through doors (although doors is potentially not the case on geonosis and similar). But since you were able to do this with the new clone tank, the mini spider droid with almost the same size should be comparable and therefore quite easy to take the same boundaries over.

    Other than that, yes, there is more to it than a flick and yes it is work, but it is manageable in a measuarable amount of time imo

    You might find that while there is animation, the fact that it's an NPC means it might not need all the polish that would usually be found on a character that players control.

    Manageable? Yes. Does it fit in within our own internal roadmap of where we want the game to go. That's a bigger question.

    First, thanks for the reply! Other than that I see you points there, although I still do not necessarily understand why Dice keeps their roadmap plans internal for so long. I mean, not everyone is expecting fixed dates, but the devs know on what they are working on and which of those things are meant to come out within the next 3 months (in case you are working with Deadlines and some sort of OKRs) - I think if Dice would communicate these plans a little further, subjects like this would not come up as often as they do now.

    Other than that, last CT was better regarding this (with clear statement of PvE and new planet being in development) -> although there is still potential to be even clearer. Nevertheless, thanks again for the reply and the latest communication enhancments here on the forums :)
  • F8RGE
    733 posts EA Community Manager
    F8RGE wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Why these vehicles/units can't control?
    I don't understand.

    There's a big difference between having then as environmental clutter and them being player controlled.

    Take them now; they appear within the environment and do the part they were made to do.

    If they were to be player controlled then all of the connecting systems will need to be in place.

    A large part of this would revolve around animation and art work. Because the game supports both 3rd and 1st person this would double the amount of animation required (as it does for all).

    Factor in things like UI, audio design, and overall gameplay considerations (can they fit through doors etc) and you can see how it all adds up.

    It's not out of the realms of possibility but there's more to it than just flicking a switch and making them playable. In some ways it would still be along the lines of making a brand new reinforcement.

    As with all things, we have to make tough decisions into what we spend our time on.

    Well.... from an animation perspective they are still done for third person, are'nt they? They can walk, they have their respective sounds already and shooting and stuff is already done as well. So at least third person animations are more or less 1:1 reusable and "just" have to be linked to triggers, which should not be such an issue for you guys.

    2. First Person? We are talking about tanks here, do we have one tank in the game that has first and third person? I really do not think so, so simply use the third person control and everyone is happy, no double work.

    UI: most of it can be reused, except new sprites which are needed for the abilities, or am I completely wrong here? Audio is there, we hear them shoot and walk, so this should not be too hard to link to triggers again (since they already somewhat are). Vehicles fitting through doors? What I agree with is the comparison, if they fit through doors (although doors is potentially not the case on geonosis and similar). But since you were able to do this with the new clone tank, the mini spider droid with almost the same size should be comparable and therefore quite easy to take the same boundaries over.

    Other than that, yes, there is more to it than a flick and yes it is work, but it is manageable in a measuarable amount of time imo

    You might find that while there is animation, the fact that it's an NPC means it might not need all the polish that would usually be found on a character that players control.

    Manageable? Yes. Does it fit in within our own internal roadmap of where we want the game to go. That's a bigger question.

    First, thanks for the reply! Other than that I see you points there, although I still do not necessarily understand why Dice keeps their roadmap plans internal for so long. I mean, not everyone is expecting fixed dates, but the devs know on what they are working on and which of those things are meant to come out within the next 3 months (in case you are working with Deadlines and some sort of OKRs) - I think if Dice would communicate these plans a little further, subjects like this would not come up as often as they do now.

    Other than that, last CT was better regarding this (with clear statement of PvE and new planet being in development) -> although there is still potential to be even clearer. Nevertheless, thanks again for the reply and the latest communication enhancments here on the forums :)

    Because when dates shift, everyone loses their minds.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Why these vehicles/units can't control?
    I don't understand.

    There's a big difference between having then as environmental clutter and them being player controlled.

    Take them now; they appear within the environment and do the part they were made to do.

    If they were to be player controlled then all of the connecting systems will need to be in place.

    A large part of this would revolve around animation and art work. Because the game supports both 3rd and 1st person this would double the amount of animation required (as it does for all).

    Factor in things like UI, audio design, and overall gameplay considerations (can they fit through doors etc) and you can see how it all adds up.

    It's not out of the realms of possibility but there's more to it than just flicking a switch and making them playable. In some ways it would still be along the lines of making a brand new reinforcement.

    As with all things, we have to make tough decisions into what we spend our time on.

    Well.... from an animation perspective they are still done for third person, are'nt they? They can walk, they have their respective sounds already and shooting and stuff is already done as well. So at least third person animations are more or less 1:1 reusable and "just" have to be linked to triggers, which should not be such an issue for you guys.

    2. First Person? We are talking about tanks here, do we have one tank in the game that has first and third person? I really do not think so, so simply use the third person control and everyone is happy, no double work.

    UI: most of it can be reused, except new sprites which are needed for the abilities, or am I completely wrong here? Audio is there, we hear them shoot and walk, so this should not be too hard to link to triggers again (since they already somewhat are). Vehicles fitting through doors? What I agree with is the comparison, if they fit through doors (although doors is potentially not the case on geonosis and similar). But since you were able to do this with the new clone tank, the mini spider droid with almost the same size should be comparable and therefore quite easy to take the same boundaries over.

    Other than that, yes, there is more to it than a flick and yes it is work, but it is manageable in a measuarable amount of time imo

    You might find that while there is animation, the fact that it's an NPC means it might not need all the polish that would usually be found on a character that players control.

    Manageable? Yes. Does it fit in within our own internal roadmap of where we want the game to go. That's a bigger question.

    First, thanks for the reply! Other than that I see you points there, although I still do not necessarily understand why Dice keeps their roadmap plans internal for so long. I mean, not everyone is expecting fixed dates, but the devs know on what they are working on and which of those things are meant to come out within the next 3 months (in case you are working with Deadlines and some sort of OKRs) - I think if Dice would communicate these plans a little further, subjects like this would not come up as often as they do now.

    Other than that, last CT was better regarding this (with clear statement of PvE and new planet being in development) -> although there is still potential to be even clearer. Nevertheless, thanks again for the reply and the latest communication enhancments here on the forums :)

    Because when dates shift, everyone loses their minds.

    Yeah well, that is true, but personally I did not necessarily mean concrete dates to everything you work on. Take the PvE mode for example. There you stated that you would talk more about it in August instead of revealing now what it is about. It is fine that you do not say a proper date, when it is coming, but that you say you are working on it. And this could be enhanced by directly pointing out what the PvE mode will be about (big battles, small battles, vehicles included, offline or online connection necessary). I understand that things like this can change, but big things that are worked on (like if online connection will be necessary or not for PvE) should be known by now and could be communicated directly, you know?

    Other than that, as I said, the CT was better than the ones before, indicating on what you are working on
  • @F8RGE

    In this moment, to spend resources to make these vehicles controllable is good idea. They could be used in 3 maps: Geonosis, Kashyyyk and Felucia

    c2aogzvapbf2.png

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • A powerful vehicle, strong and cool. The planets need more spiders, imagine these spiders crushing the clones. Add this DICE, the community is asking.
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

  • Blasters > Maps > Cargo > Infantry skins > Hero skins > Vehicles
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Blasters > Maps > Infantry skins > Hero skins > Vehicles > Anything Else > Cargo

    Fixed.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Smattonellus
    630 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Blasters > Maps > Extraction content > Vehicles > Skins

    Fixed.

    Double checked. B)

    BTW it's not kind doing this, everyone have their own preferences.
  • @F8RGE

    In this moment, to spend resources to make these vehicles controllable is good idea. They could be used in 3 maps: Geonosis, Kashyyyk and Felucia

    c2aogzvapbf2.png

    Yes, would be cool
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!