criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Why do the devs hate Jango Fett?

Prev1
David1543
203 posts Member
edited June 25
There's literally thousands of people begging for him in threads related to prequel blaster heroes and they all get ignored, even my post that reached 1k views and is the biggest thread related to Jango Fett is left to rot.

Are they discriminate of him because he ain't a cartoon? Because he is one of the main villains from AOTC so I don't think I understand their justification.
Post edited by David1543 on

Replies

• Commander_CT_135
    143 posts Member
    edited June 25
    My guess is that they if they add Jango, there will be some backlash like “why would add another dark side jetpack hero when the light Side doesn’t have one of their own,” or “I thought one dark side jetpack hero was more then enough but now TWO!” Or “why would you add Jango, he didn’t have much screen time episode 2, cad bane is way cooler,” and “do you listen to us devs, we WANT OT era content, not some stupid prequel content epically when we had all that clown wars content, heck even ST content would be better.” I would never say things like that but if Jango is added I think that dice might be afraid of those responses
  • Greedo > Jango

Krennic*
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Well OP, it's because two flying heroes on one side they would never hear the last of it.

Plus I think they are waiting for the mandalorian to come out. To counter boba fett Which we all know that Disney wants things launched with shows and movies.

But who knows?
  • Raices
    1151 posts Member
    We don't even have a single skin of that movie.
  • Chem0
    131 posts Member
    Greedo > Jango

Krennic*

Thrawn
  • Alex64
    7016 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because they prefer cartoon content over film content.

this
  • Chem0
    131 posts Member
    Chem0 wrote: »
    Greedo > Jango

Krennic*

Thrawn

Thrawn? Who? Sounds like a minor character...

He had as much or even more power within the Empire than Krennic.
  • Chem0 wrote: »
    Greedo > Jango

Krennic*

Thrawn

Yet he didn't appear in Rogue One... Or any other movie... Or even Clone Wars lol

Krennic > Thrawn
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • lowell
    959 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Greedo > Jango

Krennic*

Thrawn

Yet he didn't appear in Rogue One... Or any other movie... Or even Clone Wars lol

Krennic > Thrawn

The actors of Galen Erso and Thrawn are actually brothers.

mikkelsen_0.jpg
  • Chem0
    131 posts Member
    Director Krennic, leader of the Advanced weapons research, member of the IHC.
    Grand Admiral Thrawn, commander of the Imperial seventh fleet and also member of the IHC.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Greedo > Jango

Krennic*

Thrawn

Krennic > Thrawn

mikkelsen_0.jpg

And neither of them have a glorious white cape
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • lowell
    959 posts Member
    edited June 25
    lowell wrote: »
    Greedo > Jango

Krennic*

Thrawn

Krennic > Thrawn

mikkelsen_0.jpg

Honestly, prefer Talos over Krennic after watching Captain Marvel:

9e31fd92352b739f95789c5a603a0d5f.jpg

Specifically with the canon, Thrawn is actually better since he has more military power (space and ground) than Krennic (ground only, Tarkin controls the Death Star after construction is completed).

Krennic never went into the battlefield himself in Rogue One except during TCW in the Catalyst novel and Battlefront 2015.

This is why you'll never see him wearing battle armor like the Grand Admiral himself:

4-3.jpg

I don't even think Krennic can even have the authority to call for orbital bombardment from Star Destroyers except testing the Death Star on Jedha.

Either way, Thrawn, Tarkin, and Krennic are going to feud over funding for TIE Defenders vs Project Stardust in Thrawn: Treason with Palpatine getting first row seats:

thrawn-treason-cover.jpg

D9Rb6TLXkAAWYnn.jpg
  • Colin777
    595 posts Member
    Greedo > Jango

Krennic*

Thrawn

Krennic > Thrawn

mikkelsen_0.jpg

Honestly, prefer Talos over Krennic after watching Captain Marvel:

9e31fd92352b739f95789c5a603a0d5f.jpg

Specifically with the canon, Thrawn is actually better since he has more military power (space and ground) than Krennic (ground only, Tarkin controls the Death Star after construction is completed).

Krennic never went into the battlefield himself in Rogue One except during TCW in the Catalyst novel and Battlefront 2015.

This is why you'll never see him wearing battle armor like the Grand Admiral himself:

4-3.jpg

I don't even think Krennic can even have the authority to call for orbital bombardment from Star Destroyers except testing the Death Star on Jedha.

Either way, Thrawn, Tarkin, and Krennic are going to feud over funding for TIE Defenders vs Project Stardust in Thrawn: Treason with Palpatine getting first row seats:

thrawn-treason-cover.jpg

D9Rb6TLXkAAWYnn.jpg

This got very off topic
  • Enzyoo
    193 posts Member
    My guess is that they if they add Jango, there will be some backlash like “why would add another dark side jetpack hero when the light Side doesn’t have one of their own,” or “I thought one dark side jetpack hero was more then enough but now TWO!” Or “why would you add Jango, he didn’t have much screen time episode 2, cad bane is way cooler,” and “do you listen to us devs, we WANT OT era content, not some stupid prequel content epically when we had all that clown wars content, heck even ST content would be better.” I would never say things like that but if Jango is added I think that dice might be afraid of those responses

Yes because people raging and hating clearly goes above reason and insight.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Who said we hate him?

Let's also stay grounded on the whole "thousands" of people. I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like Jango in the game.

Ultimately, from a gameplay point of view I don't think giving the dark side a second jet pack hero while lightside has none makes much sense.

Yes a second jet pack villain would be realy a pain.

But did you consider to add Jango as something like a legendary skin for Boba?
    Both of them are simular in combat. It's just the double blaster of Jango what makes him outstanding, but i think the fire rate of boba in the game would fit that too.
  • Empire_TW
    6053 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Who said we hate him?

Let's also stay grounded on the whole "thousands" of people. I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like Jango in the game.

Ultimately, from a gameplay point of view I don't think giving the dark side a second jet pack hero while lightside has none makes much sense.
    David1543 wrote: »
    Are they discriminate of him because he ain't a cartoon?

Let's quit this type of talk, it does nothing but stir up the hornets nest. Keep in mind that the vast majority of the game is movie based.

Probably wouldn't be so bad if Boba wasn't getting buffs he doesn't need and his only weakness is essentially removed.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    Oidmetala wrote: »
    Who said we hate him?

Both of them are simular in combat. It's just the double blaster of Jango what makes him outstanding, but i think the fire rate of boba in the game would fit that too.

We don't like the idea of adding appearances which turn a character into an entirely new person. We did the stuff with Han and Lando, but they still remain the same character.

If anything, I think it would do a disservice to Jango to do that. Same reason we likely won't do it for the likes of Rex etc

Ok, thank you for the answer.
    But Boba is just a clone of Jango, basicly it's nearly the same person...^^
  • David1543 wrote: »
    There's literally thousands of people begging for him in threads related to prequel blaster heroes and they all get ignored, even my post that reached 1k views and is the biggest thread related to Jango Fett is left to rot.

Are they discriminate of him because he ain't a cartoon? Because he is one of the main villains from AOTC so I don't think I understand their justification.

A little ott I think. Many many things have thousands of requests. I think it's fair to say he would not be a priority at all right now. Game has plenty of hero's
  • spectrum_veteran
    22 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Jango is just a Boba re-skin really with two handheld weapons instead of one.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Who said we hate him?

Let's quit this type of talk, it does nothing but stir up the hornets nest. Keep in mind that the vast majority of the game is movie based.

Just like how giving Darth Vader a damaged skin weakens him and makes him lose health constantly? If you guys don't wanna make Jango Fett just say it. Just say we don't wanna make him.
  • Raices
    1151 posts Member
    So having 2 jetpack heroes on the same side is a problem(which isn't really if you have good aim or play Anakin), but having 10 force users isn't.
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    Give OOM-9 his jetpack

That would allow for an even more unique character and playset
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    Jango would be awesome
  • anidriX
    838 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »
    So having 2 jetpack heroes on the same side is a problem(which isn't really if you have good aim or play Anakin), but having 10 force users isn't.

Except both teams have the same amount of Force users. Like it or not, @F8RGE game a good arguement against it. There's no reason to add another Jetpack while the lightside doesn't have at least one of their own.
  • Raices
    1151 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »

Except both teams have the same amount of Force users. Like it or not, @F8RGE game a good arguement against it. There's no reason to add another Jetpack while the lightside doesn't have at least one of their own.

Again, what's the problem of two jetpack users at the same time? There's NO TARGET SYSTEM ANYMORE and they will NOT be an issue in GA.
  • anidriX
    838 posts Member

Again, what's the problem of two jetpack users at the same time? There's NO TARGET SYSTEM ANYMORE and they will NOT be an issue in GA.

For the same reason you wouldn't add a lightsaber hero along with a blaster villain. It's important to keep the hero gameplay type balanced. If they were to say, "Next two heroes/villains will have jetpacks", I'm sure Jango would be the villain. The thing is there are no highly requested lightside jetpack users and it makes no sense from a gameplay point of view to add Windu along Jango even if those two are heavily requested characters.
  • SnakeMajin
    296 posts Member
    edited June 25
    I see a lot of people focused on the Jetpack.

Don't forget his jetpack gets broken twice, we mostly see him acting as a short range blaster user.

Just give him a higher jump like Jedi and focus on what he really is : a ground short range dual pistolero with a freaking flamethrower. Something we don't have.
  • Raices wrote: »

Even without the target system Boba is a real pest in HvV currently. He is like a giant mosquito, always flying just out of Anakin's pull range, peppering your team with EE-3 shots, and then when the team vs team action starts and the saber vs saber combat happens, he flies in and fires his rockets into the middle of the fracas dealing major damage.

There will never be true balance until the hero team has a jetpack hero that can harass the villain team in the exact same way that Boba does. A jetpack hero would also be able to chase down Boba when he flees on huge maps like Geonosis.
  • Please, any hero but Jango. He’s the most uninspired hero. Literally a clone of someone we already have.
  • ZephanUnbound
    2379 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Please, any hero but Jango. He’s the most uninspired hero. Literally a clone of someone we already have.

Technically it's the other way around ;)
  • It aint our fault the good guys dont use jetpacks as often as the “villains” but jango isnt necessarily a villain anyways. Hes just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe. Let him play for either side lol
  • Ultras
    43 posts Member
    NO more, 1 is enough, imagine 2 fetts in the battle field, would be so broken, NOOOOOOOO!!!!! NO MORE FETS
  • Enzyoo
    193 posts Member
    Who said we hate him?

We don't like the idea of adding appearances which turn a character into an entirely new person. We did the stuff with Han and Lando, but they still remain the same character.

If anything, I think it would do a disservice to Jango to do that. Same reason we likely won't do it for the likes of Rex etc

Boba is a direct clone of Jango, raised by him even.

His behaviour and fighting style is based and taught by Jango. They are the same person, just in different armor.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Enzyoo wrote: »
    Who said we hate him?

His behaviour and fighting style is based and taught by Jango. They are the same person, just in different armor.

uff, Taff statement
  • Alex64
    7016 posts Member
    We need more blaster heroes
  • anidriX
    838 posts Member
    Enzyoo wrote: »
    Who said we hate him?

That's the same as saying you are the same as your twin brother just because you look alike and had the same father. Regardless of being taught and eductated by them, we are not the same as our parents.
  • Alex64
    7016 posts Member
    All this would be fixed if you accept a Jango skin for boba.
  • Enzyoo wrote: »
    Who said we hate him?

You're forgetting about the different between nature vs nurture. Twins adopted by different sets of parents could end up being radically different people for instance, sometimes that will happen even when they have the same parents. Just because Boba is a clone of Jango doesn't make them the same person. The Clone Troopers are also clones of Jango, but they have very different personalities from one another in the Clone Wars show. We are shaped by our life experiences, so simply by experiencing different things Boba is a different person than Jango is.

• RyanK388
    1705 posts Member
    If not add Jango Fett then add his armor as a secondary skin to Boba, or maybe one of his legacy appearances like in that little episode thing where he first appeared and Star Wars at all
    Who said we hate him?

It makes total sense if you read what people are suggesting. Jango Fett can play and feel diametrically different than Boba, without causing issues to balance, If you bother being creative of course. The target system is gone so he won't be a big deal for those who play HvV. Limit his use in CS and GA so that It's only 1 jet pack hero at a time since era locking is just a sin. Make the left and right triggers be the means which he fires his dual pistols like the arc trooper. Make the jetpack an ability, maybe gives him a evasive lift to the air while firing missiles randomly, with a high cooldown. Only 1 of these ideas I mentioned is necessary to invalidate the "another jetpack hero" argument fallacy.

Essentially, Jango fett would be a both a ground based and closed ranged blaster hero, which due to his significant lesser access of his jetpack, he does not have the design that allows him to play as a escaping mosquito like boba's play style , is that really a problem for the poor saber lords?
  • Sniffy44
    392 posts Member

I'd rather get Mace Windu
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    edited June 25
    There's literally thousands of people begging for him in threads related to prequel blaster heroes and they all get ignored, even my post that reached 1k views and is the biggest thread related to Jango Fett is left to rot..

Do you know how many thousands of views my OOM-9 threads have gotten? They have been so popular and numerous that they are now a top search result when you type in OOM-9, no matter the search engine

I've campaigned for 2 years to get OOM-9 in the game and DICE has not even officially acknowledged me (yet) , don't even talk about campaign struggles to me, lol

I have never lost faith
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Wallofman
    1151 posts Member

Views? You are promoting views? Just because someone VIEWS the thread does not mean they agree with it. Fact is most people on here are against it. I can think of 4 or 5 villains before Jango. Ex. Greedo, Dengar, Krennic, IG-88, even Thrawn would be better.

Honestly, I would love the devs to focus on more content such as extraction maps, or even more appearances for for Luke, than work on new heroes.