criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Where are those Droidekas? Update & Release Notes

Prev134
F8RGE
907 posts EA Community Manager
edited June 25

INCOMING TRANSMISSION!

The Where are those Droidekas? Update arrives on June 26th. Here’s a quick recap of what you can expect.


99cibgzv2lj6.jpg

Arriving this week will be one of the most requested additions to Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II, the Droideka.

One of the most feared droids finally joins the Separatist army, wielding twin blasters and personal deflector shield generators, making them a formidable foe for anyone that faces off against them in combat. Destructive weaponry and a powerful shield aren’t their only characteristics, as the ability to transform and swiftly relocate has become synonymous with the Droideka.
44ykmbmvntls.gif

67vv51iq7h7r.jpg

The TX-130 will provide the Galactic Republic with an armored fighting vehicle that is both quick and defensive. The speed allows the TX-130 to enter into battle, deal damage, and then make its escape; a great balance between agility and power.
szcyy5u4lnjx.gif

a6oa667a4tvc.jpg

This month we’re bringing Capital Supremacy to Naboo. The conflict has spread to the capital city of Theed, one of the most iconic locations within the Clone Wars and a fan-favorite map.

When you deploy onto Naboo, you will notice that it’s set at dusk. The embered sky adds a greater layer of atmosphere to the city. Alongside the dusk setting, you’ll notice that the city streets are showing signs of previously fought battle and skirmishes; romantic ambience meets war-torn streets.

The entirety of the battle takes place within the city streets itself, making Naboo a great location for those wanting to experience urban conflict from within the Star Wars universe.
ktpwv492mz6f.gif

s2flm80h2pix.jpg

This iconic look comes out of the crucible of The Clone Wars animated series from Anakin’s many fights throughout the galaxy. During the height of the conflicts between the CIS and the Republic, some Jedi opted to wear armored robes and gear versus more traditional robes to protect themselves in the heart of battle.

The General Skywalker appearance will be available on the 26th of June for 1,000 crystals or 40,000 credits.
to7kiuakgpmm.gif

mi4mugd8s5er.jpg

The 212th Recon Division was outfitted with the angular Phase I ARF (Advanced Recon Force) armor and desert camo during the Second Battle of Geonosis when the Republic invaded the retaken world. Obi-Wan Kenobi (along with Anakin Skywalker and other Jedi Knights) led the siege with his loyal troops through dunes, canyons, and caverns of the Separatist-controlled planet.

The 41st Scout Battalion was under the direction of Jedi Grand Master Yoda. The 41st Scout Trooper’s armor, though featuring less plastoid plating compared to the traditional clone armor, allowed for greater mobility and flexibility in jungle-rainforest environments. The sunshield, wider visor, and overall shape of the helmet also help with vision when traversing or fighting in rainy foliage and wet regions.

The 41st Scout Battalion appearances will be classed as Epic and will be available for 40,000 credits or 1,000 crystals. The 212th Recon Division are rare and will cost 20,000 credits or 500 crystals.
qyycz5yqslko.gif

d0t8qdsgtqg2.jpg
RELEASE NOTES

FEATURES
  • Naboo - Theed is now available to play on Capital Supremacy.
  • Added the Droideka as a playable character in the Enforcer class in the prequel era.
  • Added the TX-130 as a playable vehicle in the Armor class in the prequel era.
  • A new appearance for Anakin Skywalker, General Skywalker, is now available to unlock for Credits and Crystals.
  • More Clone Trooper appearances are now available (41st Scout Battalion, 212th Recon Division) to unlock for Credits and Crystals.

QUALITY OF LIFE
  • Improved readability of Front End messages.
  • Improved messaging when offers include both emotes and the corresponding voice line.

HERO CHANGES
  • Various visual improvements to the Lightsaber blades for all heroes, adding pointed tips and improving their brightness.

BLASTER HEROES
  • Blaster Heroes can now crouch.

HERO HEALTH STAR CARDS
Community Request: Adjusted the values of Health on Defeat Star Cards to be consistent across all heroes. Heal values upon defeating enemy heroes have been changed:
  • Anakin Skywalker's "Reprisal" Star Card values from 30-60-90-120 to 40-60-80-100
  • Count Dooku's "Rising Power" Star Card values from 50-70-90-110 to 40-60-80-100
  • Iden Versio's "Friend In Battle" Star Card values from 40-50-60-70 to 40-60-80-100
  • Rey's "Survivor" Star Card values from 30-40-50-60 to 40-60-80-100
  • Emperor Palpatine's "Lightning Absorption" Star Card values from 10-15-20-25 to 40-60-80-100

YODA
  • Adjusted the animation of Yoda's attacks for speed.

DARTH MAUL
  • Fixed an issue for Furious Throw where the lightsaber could get stuck in the AT-TE, E-Web, DF9, Hardcell or AAT vehicles.
  • Fixed an issue where Darth Maul's Spin Attack ability continued to affect enemies if Darth Maul died during the animation.

ANAKIN
  • Anakin is released from the Pull Dominance ability animation sooner.
  • Fixed an issue where the Passionate Strike ability would not inflict lightsaber marks on objects.
GENERAL GRIEVOUS
  • Fixed an issue where General Grievous was no longer able to block with the Unrelenting Advance ability, if activated after holding the block button.
COUNT DOOKU
  • Fixed an issue where enemies could escape Count Dooku's Expose Weakness by dashing or doing a combat roll.
  • Fixed an issue where Count Dooku's body would slightly shake when performing an emote.
  • Fixed an issue where Count Dooku's right hand thumb was clipping with the hilt of his lightsaber.
OBI-WAN KENOBI
  • Fixed an issue where the Defensive Rush ability would not inflict lightsaber marks on objects.
  • Fixed the delay between the animation of the Defensive Rush and the VFX when attacking an enemy who is blocking.
CHEWBACCA
  • Changed "Ground Breaking" Star Card to take effect whenever Chebacca defeats an enemy.
IDEN
  • Change "Friend In Battle" Star Card to take effect whenever Iden defeats an enemy.
  • Fixed an issue where Stun Droid had no functionality when used on an enemy who has a tall asset immediately behind them.
LUKE SKYWALKER
  • Reduced recharge time of Repulse from 20 seconds to 17 seconds.
  • Increased base radius of Repulse from 10 to 12 meters.
  • Changed Luke's Jedi Fighter Stamina drain decrease from 5-6-8-10 to 20-25-30-35.
  • Adjusted the animation of Luke's attacks for speed.
  • Fixed an issue where Luke could damage enemies with Rush after dying.
  • Fixed an issue where Luke's fingers were clipping with his lightsaber hilt when performing the Greetings, Exalted Ones emote.
LEIA ORGANA
  • Fixed an issue where Leia's hand was clipping with her head whenever she is getting damaged while reloading secondary fire.
EMPEROR PALPATINE
  • Change "Lighting Absorption" Star Card to take effect whenever Emperor Palpatine defeats an enemy.
HAN SOLO
  • Fixed an issue where Han Solo's shirt was clipping through his jacket when on low settings.
DARTH VADER
  • Fixed an issue where Darth Vader's Star Card Fueling the Rage would put the ability on cooldown, when the user eliminated enemies faster than the ability timer would indicate.
KYLO REN
  • Fixed an issue where Kylo Ren could inflict damage on enemies who are blocking with Lightsabers, when using Pull.
CAPTAIN PHASMA
  • Changed Beat Down Star Card to take effect whenever Captain Phasma defeats an enemy.
  • Fixed an issue where the Staff Strikes ability continues to affect enemies if Captain Phasma is defeated during the animation.
FINN
  • Removed sprint prevention during Big Deal.
REY
  • Fixed an issue where Rey's Dash Strike ability could be triggered twice before the ability ended.
GAME MODE AND MAP CHANGES
  • General: Collision fixes and visual improvements on Jakku, Hoth, Endor, the Dreadnought and in Kashyyyk - Capital Supremacy and Kamino - Capital Supremacy.
CAPITAL SUPREMACY - GROUND PHASE
  • Fixed a visual issue where a character's UI bar Health would widen when boarding a transport in the Ground Phase.
  • Fixed an issue where the AI would not fire at a player inside a vehicle.
  • Fixed an issue where the color would occasionally be different between the hologram and the base of the Command Post when a player joins a match late.
CAPITAL SUPREMACY - CAPITAL SHIPS
  • Fixed an issue where background Starfighters could occasionally be seen when inside the capital ships.
  • Fixed a visual issue where the name of an enemy that sabotages an objective appeared blue (friendly) in the event log.
  • Added defeat volumes to prevent players from remaining stuck in the slide doors that open only for characters of the opposing team.
  • Fixed lighting bugs in the Dreadnought hangar ceiling.
  • Fixed an issue where the spotlights on the Cooling Room Core ceiling were misplaced.

CAPITAL SUPREMACY - CINEMATICS
  • Fixed various issues with rendering of assets caused by server latency.
CAMPAIGN
  • Fixed an issue where players were not able to equip Star Cards.
GALACTIC ASSAULT
  • Removed Resistance Transport Ships from appearing in the first phase on Jakku.
  • Added gunners inside the LAAT in the Clone intro for Naboo.
KASHYYYK
  • Fixed an issue where some players had reported noticing distorted texture glitches on level terrain.
JAKKU
  • Fixed an issue where the player was able to go outside the playable area by using Boba Fett.
CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
ENFORCER AND INFILTRATOR
  • Changed the text for the Acquisition milestone to mention both Enforcer and Infiltrator classes.
ARC TROOPER
  • Reverted changes to the fire rate of the left hand, to fix inconsistencies between the two fire rates.
GENERAL CHANGES/MISC
  • Fixed an issue where selecting the chat channel using the mouse, would cause various issues the chat would not open the last used channel.
  • Added icons indicating the phases for the Clone Trooper appearances on the Customisation screen.
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

  • Still no fix for the freezing and crashing bug? Pretty annoying as it will make playing Naboo and playing the new updates a bit difficult.
    q13vdsb0uepy.gif

    Origin: Ewoks_On_Drugs
  • Wow great changes overall. Might need to consider changing health regain amounts in the future for certain heroes. Any fix for the “falling” state when stepping off something only 1 inch high?
  • TheUltimateHope
    1317 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Why wasn't Kylo's lightsaber swing speed increased? Luke and Yoda got it, but Kylo hasn't. People were complaining in the past about Luke's, Yoda's and Kylo's swings being slow, but why are only two of them tweaked?

    Also, what about Finn's and Yoda's health cards. Are they still health on ability, not health on kill?

    Apart from that great update :smile:

    You are talking to the people who think that undodgeable unblockable 130 damage through block every 7 secss is fine but 60 damage with a card equiped on a 20 sec ability isn't.

    Let's leave it out with the swearing it's completely unnecessary ~Rtas
  • @F8RGE
    Question:
    Do we have to level up the droideka and the TX-Tank or do they get the current levels of our Reinforcments/tanks?
  • Supino
    158 posts Member
    Where are the Grievous fixes? He is broken, specially thrust surge. No speed buff for unrelenting advance also? Come on.
  • anidriX
    1227 posts Member
    Awesome for giving them HoK to those who had HoAK but why were Finn and Yoda left out? Yoda's base range for Unleashed is terrible and on top of that, it does 120 damage. Big props for removing Finn's movement reduction during Big Deal, that was a long awaited buff.

    @F8RGE or @EA_Charlemagne, could you please confirm if you purposely left out Yoda and Finn from the HoK change?
  • Izzyx91 wrote: »
    Is Finn not getting a health on kill card or did you guys just leave this out...? From my understanding, all heroes and villains were receiving one.
    anidriX wrote: »
    Awesome for giving them HoK to those who had HoAK but why were Finn and Yoda left out? Yoda's base range for Unleashed is terrible and on top of that, it does 120 damage. Big props for removing Finn's movement reduction during Big Deal, that was a long-awaited buff.

    @F8RGE or @EA_Charlemagne, could you please confirm if you purposely left out Yoda and Finn from the HoK change?
    Also, what about Finn's and Yoda's health cards. Are they still health on ability, not health on kill?

    I think that they played this safe with Finn and Yoda.

    Finn would be broken with his Dead Eye ability getting extended duration and health on every kill would be too much.
    Yoda is already pretty dangerous as he is. I think because he's so hard to hit in general, they made this trade-off.

  • Pretty nice update
  • unit900000
    3550 posts Member
    edited June 25
    F8RGE wrote: »

    [*] Emperor Palpatine's "Lightning Absorption" Star Card values from 10-15-20-25 to 40-60-80-100
    [/list]

    motherofgod.jpg

    edit: just saw you gotta kill them with it nvm not as bonkers as I thought lol.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Izzyx91 wrote: »
    Is Finn not getting a health on kill card or did you guys just leave this out...? From my understanding, all heroes and villains were receiving one.
    anidriX wrote: »
    Awesome for giving them HoK to those who had HoAK but why were Finn and Yoda left out? Yoda's base range for Unleashed is terrible and on top of that, it does 120 damage. Big props for removing Finn's movement reduction during Big Deal, that was a long-awaited buff.

    @F8RGE or @EA_Charlemagne, could you please confirm if you purposely left out Yoda and Finn from the HoK change?
    Also, what about Finn's and Yoda's health cards. Are they still health on ability, not health on kill?

    I think that they played this safe with Finn and Yoda.

    Finn would be broken with his Dead Eye ability getting extended duration and health on every kill would be too much.
    Yoda is already pretty dangerous as he is. I think because he's so hard to hit in general, they made this trade-off.

    Yes. We will see how it goes.

    I understand Yoda, but think Finn deserves full health on kill
  • anidriX
    1227 posts Member
    awakespace wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Izzyx91 wrote: »
    Is Finn not getting a health on kill card or did you guys just leave this out...? From my understanding, all heroes and villains were receiving one.
    anidriX wrote: »
    Awesome for giving them HoK to those who had HoAK but why were Finn and Yoda left out? Yoda's base range for Unleashed is terrible and on top of that, it does 120 damage. Big props for removing Finn's movement reduction during Big Deal, that was a long-awaited buff.

    @F8RGE or @EA_Charlemagne, could you please confirm if you purposely left out Yoda and Finn from the HoK change?
    Also, what about Finn's and Yoda's health cards. Are they still health on ability, not health on kill?

    I think that they played this safe with Finn and Yoda.

    Finn would be broken with his Dead Eye ability getting extended duration and health on every kill would be too much.
    Yoda is already pretty dangerous as he is. I think because he's so hard to hit in general, they made this trade-off.

    Yes. We will see how it goes.

    I understand Yoda, but think Finn deserves full health on kill

    I would understand Yoda but Unleash is one of the most inconsistent abilities in the game. It does a low damage for a HoK ability, has a very small base range and almost always the hit detection fails on point blank range. On top of that, it's nearly impossible to kill Villains with it for two reason, the first one being the low damage and the second one being that half or more of the enemy team will be playing as lightsaber villains which do not charge up for extra damage and range. Finn, even though his needs it as well, has the Glie that's somewhat reliable against troopers.
    Truth be told, most people who are against this, argue that Yoda has the best block in the game and in the process, they forget that one of the main reasons for that is that the Lightsaber Block is one of the glitchiest, most unreliable thing of the game. If the lightsaber blocks were to function properly, this wouldn't even be up for discussion.
  • BigSwaggy88
    446 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Looks great, just one question, for palpatine’s HOK star card is it get back on chain lightning kills now or get back on regular kills?
  • anidriX
    1227 posts Member
    Looks great, just one question, for palpatine’s HOK star card is it get back on chain lightning kills now or get back on regular kills?

    Regular kills.
  • TheUltimateHope
    1317 posts Member
    edited June 25
    F8RGE wrote: »
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    Clone Wars Anakin Skin but why the long hair? He never wore the suit when he had long hair. (and no the cover of the book doesnt mean ****) @F8RGE any other reason besides lazy devs?

    Why doesn't the book cover count, because you don't want it to? Not saying we based it off that, but ultimately the design is where we netted out, and we worked closely with the Star Wars team (at Lucasfilm) on it, so we're happy.

    Side note, this will be the last time I reply to anyone that brandishes the term "lazy devs" around. You have no idea how much work goes into game development and it's one of the worst insults you can throw around. If you don't like something that's fine, but drop the attacks.

    And can you reply to these :
    -Where is the Vader Buff that was promised a WHILE AGO ? He still can't one shot troopers with focused rage. You allegedly fixed his day one broken card, not going to congratulate for that, but what's the point if the ability doesn't follow up ?
    If you're not going to get it done then just tell us, because as far as we are concerned, we still got a functioning memory and that is exactly what you stated several times.

    -Why do you keep buffing Yoda, don't you read all the hero feedbacks you yourselves asked for ?
  • anidriX
    1227 posts Member
    edited June 25
    -Where is the Vader Buff that was promised a WHILE AGO ? He still can't one shot troopers with focused rage. You allegedly fixed his day one broken card, not going to congratulate for that, but what's the point if the ability doesn't follow up ?

    @F8RGE, please confirm this? I seem to remember this was up for this update. I believe either Jay or Guillaume confirmed it was coming with this patch on Twitter a while ago.

  • You guys didn't mention the jump changes to Bossk, BX Commando and Grievous. Still great work devs! :)
  • @F8RGE
    Question:
    Do we have to level up the droideka and the TX-Tank or do they get the current levels of our Reinforcments/tanks?

    Since they're an Enforcer and Armor respectively, I'm guessing they'll be the same level as your other Enforcers and Armors.
  • Does anyone know or suppose how many hours remain exactly for the new update ?
  • vVrathh
    504 posts Member
    vVrathh wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    Clone Wars Anakin Skin but why the long hair? He never wore the suit when he had long hair. (and no the cover of the book doesnt mean ****) @F8RGE any other reason besides lazy devs?

    Why doesn't the book cover count, because you don't want it to? Not saying we based it off that, but ultimately the design is where we netted out, and we worked closely with the Star Wars team (at Lucasfilm) on it, so we're happy.

    Side note, this will be the last time I reply to anyone that brandishes the term "lazy devs" around. You have no idea how much work goes into game development and it's one of the worst insults you can throw around. If you don't like something that's fine, but drop the attacks.

    And you have absolutely no knowledge of our professions or what we know or don’t know about game development. If you guys would stop doing mediocre work and do it right the first time, you wouldn’t be in the mess you’re currently in. I mean you guys spent so many months on skins that modders created much better versions of in their spare time for free, within weeks of launch.
    Add to that you seem to be completely oblivious as to how you guys could actually make some money with your microtransactions. Which does make me believe that you guys don’t know half as much about game development as you claim to.
    I mean why on earth does it take literally years for you guys to create skins for Maul, Vader, Luke and more? These skins could easily be sold for 80 000 credits a piece and would require minimal work. You don’t need to be a «master game developer» to figure this stuff out.

    Reminder that the battlefront community will get this pathetically mad over hair.

    Hair? I’m talking about the clone skins mainly. I’m talking about the loot boxes, I’m talking about having to redo clone skins, I’m talking about releasing an extremely overpowered hero with 4 abilities. I could go on and on, but I have not once referred to his hair, although they could easily have created more skins for Anakin just by doing this simple change. Same with Obi Wan. But you seem content with mediocracy.
  • I'm still confused about the Droideka being an Enforcer alongside Super Battle Droids. Does this simply mean that the Separatists have two Enforcers now, outmatching the Republic's one, for a total of... 6 enforcers on the map at once, in comparison to the Republic's 3?

    I don't mind the imbalance so much, I just want to be sure that both the Droideka and Super Battle Droid will be available on all maps, together.
    PRIORITY LISTS
    HEROES:
    Commander Cody - the Empire has Iden, the First Order has Phasma. Give us a soldier-based hero for the Republic!
    GA MAPS
    Utapau
    Mygeeto
  • @F8RGE
    Question:
    Do we have to level up the droideka and the TX-Tank or do they get the current levels of our Reinforcments/tanks?

    Since they're an Enforcer and Armor respectively, I'm guessing they'll be the same level as your other Enforcers and Armors.

    Same. But there are really some people that want to see the world burn.
    Who care if Anakin's hair are like in ROTS with the TWC armor? it's actually cooler. In my opinion ofc.



    @F8RGE can i know if Vader will be able to istant kill 150 HP troops with focus rage after this patch?

    Great work btw.

    Looking foward for the health on kill as a passive.
  • vVrathh
    504 posts Member
    I'm still confused about the Droideka being an Enforcer alongside Super Battle Droids. Does this simply mean that the Separatists have two Enforcers now, outmatching the Republic's one, for a total of... 6 enforcers on the map at once, in comparison to the Republic's 3?

    I don't mind the imbalance so much, I just want to be sure that both the Droideka and Super Battle Droid will be available on all maps, together.

    No. They share the same reinforcement pool. Still the same amount out on the field. IE. 1 B2 and 2 Droidekas, or 3 B2 and no Droidekas, or 0 B2 and 3 Droidekas.
  • You guys didn't mention the jump changes to Bossk, BX Commando and Grievous. Still great work devs! :)

    What? What about it
    My priority list:

    1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • Incoming T-bagging blaster heroes😆
    My priority list:

    1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • Odinnir
    75 posts Member
    You should fix Dooku's Duelist animation. The extra swings and attack speed remains the same after you run or dash. You can only see the new swings if you stand still.
  • Chem0
    182 posts Member
    Great update!
  • Impressive, most impressive.
  • Why wasn't Kylo's lightsaber swing speed increased? Luke and Yoda got it, but Kylo hasn't. People were complaining in the past about Luke's, Yoda's and Kylo's swings being slow, but why are only two of them tweaked?

    Also, what about Finn's and Yoda's health cards. Are they still health on ability, not health on kill?

    Apart from that great update :smile:

    Cause Kylo has a greater damage output depending on your card set up
  • Yoda's HoK is still tied to Unleash? Because it doesnt say anything in the notes.

    Doesn't seem unintentional, I'm pretty sure they left them out because they have health buffs (Phasma does too but her is individual).
  • awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Izzyx91 wrote: »
    Is Finn not getting a health on kill card or did you guys just leave this out...? From my understanding, all heroes and villains were receiving one.
    anidriX wrote: »
    Awesome for giving them HoK to those who had HoAK but why were Finn and Yoda left out? Yoda's base range for Unleashed is terrible and on top of that, it does 120 damage. Big props for removing Finn's movement reduction during Big Deal, that was a long-awaited buff.

    @F8RGE or @EA_Charlemagne, could you please confirm if you purposely left out Yoda and Finn from the HoK change?
    Also, what about Finn's and Yoda's health cards. Are they still health on ability, not health on kill?

    I think that they played this safe with Finn and Yoda.

    Finn would be broken with his Dead Eye ability getting extended duration and health on every kill would be too much.
    Yoda is already pretty dangerous as he is. I think because he's so hard to hit in general, they made this trade-off.

    Yes. We will see how it goes.

    I understand Yoda, but think Finn deserves full health on kill

    I would understand Yoda but Unleash is one of the most inconsistent abilities in the game. It does a low damage for a HoK ability, has a very small base range and almost always the hit detection fails on point blank range. On top of that, it's nearly impossible to kill Villains with it for two reason, the first one being the low damage and the second one being that half or more of the enemy team will be playing as lightsaber villains which do not charge up for extra damage and range. Finn, even though his needs it as well, has the Glie that's somewhat reliable against troopers.
    Truth be told, most people who are against this, argue that Yoda has the best block in the game and in the process, they forget that one of the main reasons for that is that the Lightsaber Block is one of the glitchiest, most unreliable thing of the game. If the lightsaber blocks were to function properly, this wouldn't even be up for discussion.

    I personally think Yoda would be fine with full HoK, and agree that it's pretty rough with just his push - maybe they could make it kills with lightsaber only that give health. But I can understand it because of his tiny hitbox and health buff and blocking power.
  • anidriX
    1227 posts Member
    awakespace wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Izzyx91 wrote: »
    Is Finn not getting a health on kill card or did you guys just leave this out...? From my understanding, all heroes and villains were receiving one.
    anidriX wrote: »
    Awesome for giving them HoK to those who had HoAK but why were Finn and Yoda left out? Yoda's base range for Unleashed is terrible and on top of that, it does 120 damage. Big props for removing Finn's movement reduction during Big Deal, that was a long-awaited buff.

    @F8RGE or @EA_Charlemagne, could you please confirm if you purposely left out Yoda and Finn from the HoK change?
    Also, what about Finn's and Yoda's health cards. Are they still health on ability, not health on kill?

    I think that they played this safe with Finn and Yoda.

    Finn would be broken with his Dead Eye ability getting extended duration and health on every kill would be too much.
    Yoda is already pretty dangerous as he is. I think because he's so hard to hit in general, they made this trade-off.

    Yes. We will see how it goes.

    I understand Yoda, but think Finn deserves full health on kill

    I would understand Yoda but Unleash is one of the most inconsistent abilities in the game. It does a low damage for a HoK ability, has a very small base range and almost always the hit detection fails on point blank range. On top of that, it's nearly impossible to kill Villains with it for two reason, the first one being the low damage and the second one being that half or more of the enemy team will be playing as lightsaber villains which do not charge up for extra damage and range. Finn, even though his needs it as well, has the Glie that's somewhat reliable against troopers.
    Truth be told, most people who are against this, argue that Yoda has the best block in the game and in the process, they forget that one of the main reasons for that is that the Lightsaber Block is one of the glitchiest, most unreliable thing of the game. If the lightsaber blocks were to function properly, this wouldn't even be up for discussion.

    I personally think Yoda would be fine with full HoK, and agree that it's pretty rough with just his push - maybe they could make it kills with lightsaber only that give health. But I can understand it because of his tiny hitbox and health buff and blocking power.

    I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you refering to only allowing to regen HP via lightsaber kills while Presence is active?
    The tiny hitbox "excuse" does not account for balancing between platforms. His smaller hitbox makes little to no difference on PC which is why they should make a decision based on that.
    If they gave Iden a regular HoK who has a very powerful blaster and an impenetrable shield then it makes no sense not to give one to Yoda just because he has a health buff and a good block.


  • Seeing Palpatine's HOK card being updated I definitely have to try playing as him again now. I mean truthfully I only have him at level 5 lol. So hopefully with the HOK changes I can finally level him up.

    Also can't wait for the general skywalker appearance been waiting for it since anakin released.

    Then going to have to take the droidekas out for a spin in arcade mode to see how they play.

    So all in all great update though I am really looking forward to the august update for the new pve mode.
  • Yoda and Finn need proper HoK in HvV. I can understand not giving them proper HoK in GA and CS, but everybody needs HoK in this new HvV since you don’t get free full health from being target like in the old HvV.
  • What happened to the jump changes for Grievous, Boskk, and the commando droid that Guillaume teased for this update? Delayed till next month?
  • Well, I'm certainly looking forward to some nostalgic TX-130 action on Geonosis. Thank you!
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • Lord_Tyrannus
    886 posts Member
    edited June 25
    F8RGE wrote: »




    qyycz5yqslko.gif


    Well done DICE.The clone Skins look awesome.Better than I could imagine
  • Could the Rebel Alliance have access to the TX-130 tank in the future? An AT-RT doesn't fare well against an AT-ST.
    My favorite Yoda quote:
    9mc3fxm0jh9n.gif
  • Could the Rebel Alliance have access to the TX-130 tank in the future? An AT-RT doesn't fare well against an AT-ST.

    Yeah, Rebels should either get access to the TX-130, or they should get their own tank like the T2-B, T3-B, or T4-B. It's not super important for Galactic Assault, but if Capital Supremacy ever does come to the Original Trilogy maps, Rebels will need a proper tank for balance.
  • Oidmetala
    322 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Nice update.

    I'm only not sure if it is better or worse for Iden Versio now. I liked how she was able to heal herself with the droid...
  • "Blaster Heroes can now crouch".
    This I think is a great one!
This discussion has been closed.