criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

New Reinforcement Class - Natives

David1543
447 posts Member
edited June 27
Who doesn't want to play as Gungans in Naboo, or Geonosians in Geonosis? Even Jawas in Tatooine and Ewoks in Endor aside from Hunt? These would not be the formal types of reinforcements that we have, since obviously they should be exclusive to their native home planets and be classified as "native" type of reinforcements. I think these ideas should be considered, having them would be a fun unique addition, and would also contribute greatly to the feel of battles.
Post edited by David1543 on

Replies

• I agree.

Geonosian warriors in Geonosis
    Naboo Royal guard in Naboo
    Ewoks in Endor

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I agree.

Geonosian warriors in Geonosis
    Naboo Royal guard in Naboo
    Ewoks in Endor

Naboo royal guards can be considered as natives I guess, but I find alien life much more interesting. Gungans were playable in 2005 battlefront why not in this?
  • Alex64
    7651 posts Member
    Ewoks!
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Wampas on Hoth. They have no allegiance to either side
  • UNLIMITED_P0WER
    5033 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Aside from Clone Commandos and Infiltrators for OT and ST we don't need any more reinforcements, it'd be excessive. And reinforcements like natives and melee are pointless anyway
    Post edited by UNLIMITED_P0WER on
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Aside from Clone Commandos and Infiltrators for OT and ST we don't need any more reinforcements, it'd be excessive. And reinforcements like natives and melee are pointless anyway

They are not pointless, Natives were a cool bonus from battlefront 2005, their exclusive appearance in their home planets made people appreciate those maps more since you would not see them anywhere else and were fun use. We can maybe begin to think that reinforcements are getting excessive if this game ever surpass the amount of reinforcements bf2005 had, right now they dont even have an even amount.

If you want to talk about excessiveness, I say the republic have enough of reinforcements and adding comandos is not necessary. All we need to wrap this up is adding at least 2 OT/ST reinforcements per faction and then natives should come as a bonus reinforcement to play in certain planets. Think everyone would be satisfied with that. After all we should have equal or less amount of content than a 14 year old game, not more.
  • DCDT
    165 posts Member
    David1543 wrote: »

If you want to talk about excessiveness, I say the republic have enough of reinforcements and adding comandos is not necessary. All we need to wrap this up is adding at least 2 OT/ST reinforcements per faction and then natives should come as a bonus reinforcement to play in certain planets. Think everyone would be satisfied with that. After all we should have equal or less amount of content than a 14 year old game, not more.

Or add commandos as enforcer class and move wookiee warriors to the native class.
  • DCDT wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »

Or add commandos as enforcer class and move wookiee warriors to the native class.

I wouldn't mind that, make them exclusive to Kashyyk. Commandos makes more sense being a predominant republic reinforcement than Wookies.
  • Ewoks should be playable Enforcers on all Endor maps. They literally have cards, skins and even emotes already made and playable in multiplayer.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Ewoks should be playable Enforcers on all Endor maps. They literally have cards, skins and even emotes already made and playable in multiplayer.

If they don't It's a huge waste of resources.

Nexus Reeks and Acklays on Geonosis

Stole the words from my mouth! This exactly!

Stole the words from my mouth! This exactly!

Its not a good idea to allow people to just spawn as non affiliated creatures like the Wampa mid battle. Its just makes the game feel smaller in a way because Its taking away infrantry from both sides. Wampas are better off having their own hunt mode.