criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

I don't like Droidekas

Prev1
Alex64
7606 posts Member
Nothing else to say.
The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.

Replies

• DXlolman
    825 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Nothing else to say.

Why?
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • DXlolman
    825 posts Member
    edited June 27
    DXlolman wrote: »
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

All this time for this? It was so difficult to made this, seriously? It's just a generic ball rollin' and shootin'

Well kinda have to ... agree on that.

If we could run clones and heroes down with rolling that would be a great step up.

And if the blasters acted like ARC Troopers blasters that would be way better.

Damage reduction while rolling.

Slower but harder hitting bolts.

Shields need to be more powerful.

All those would make Droidekas OP... which is the point.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • Alex64
    7606 posts Member
    Zman2202 wrote: »
    I mean...constructive critiscism is nice

it's so generic that i can't understant why it took so long to deliver this.

Prease understand, EA is very small company

giphy.gif
    Small company? Leave jokes aside
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Same here they are way to slow when transition from roll to shoot I get killed in .2 seconds
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

All this time for this? It was so difficult to made this, seriously? It's just a generic ball rollin' and shootin'

Because you could design, code, animate and render better? Show some appreciation m8

that's not an excuse. I was expecting something else.

What exactly were you expecting in the update titled "Where are those Droidekas?"
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Same here they are way to slow when transition from roll to shoot I get killed in .2 seconds

Just learn how to shoot in midair, duh
    3oy7pjxi4zce.gif

That’s in offline and shooting while coming out of ball mode doesn’t work online trust me I tried it.
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
    Raylol wrote: »
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

LOL, what do you expected? They're droidekas, watch them in movies, series, whatever you want and you will see they behave the same that in game.

Do you expected playable iPhones or what?

My point is that those things are so simple and generic, so why it took so long to deliver it?

The rolling mechanics aren't easy to make otherwise it would've been done ages ago.
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

LOL, what do you expected? They're droidekas, watch them in movies, series, whatever you want and you will see they behave the same that in game.

My point is that those things are so simple and generic, so why it took so long to deliver it?

The rolling mechanics aren't easy to make otherwise it would've been done ages ago.

Rolling is a generic mechanic in multiple videogames, and you can see that is generic when you see a droideka getting stuck on every chair in theed

Combat rolling and rolling across a map as essentially a transforming robot wheel are very different things.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Alex64
    7606 posts Member
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

Rolling is a generic mechanic in multiple videogames, and you can see that is generic when you see a droideka getting stuck on every chair in theed

Combat rolling and rolling across a map as essentially a transforming robot wheel are very different things.

My answer will be generic: Transforming is a generic mechanic in multiple videogames.
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

My answer will be generic: Transforming is a generic mechanic in multiple videogames.

Any examples?
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Alex64
    7606 posts Member
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

Any examples?

Like every transformers game, metroid, and multiple mecha games, etc, etc.
  • rollind24
    5787 posts Member
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

Well you were able to figure out how to play on your iPhone
    #infantrylivesmatter

Just learn how to shoot in midair, duh
    3oy7pjxi4zce.gif
    That’s lit lol
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

Any examples?

The notable difference being that those games are built upon those mechanics and thus it makes sense for them to be in the game. Star Wars Battlefront II is not built upon transforming mechanics. Thus, it would take the dev team, which is used to creating weapons, heros, and maps, considerably longer to develop and code transforming mechanics from scratch. Why isn't this obvious? There's a big difference here that you seem to be ignoring.

OMG then you are trying to say that thing were difficult to make? sorry but i disagree and if you believe that well i have nothing to do.
    Why, yes, I am saying it was difficult for them to do. Do you have any experience with game coding or development? Do you have any sense of how much effort goes into these updates and content? Even I know that these games take an incredible amount of work to make. Others on these forums have testified to the fact that game coding and development is difficult and for the devs to develop a new mechanic from scratch would be challenging. You seem to be downplaying how much work the devs do and I... don't understand why? Why downplay their hard work and dismiss it just because you don't like what they made for such petty reasons as it's Prequel/Clone Wars... ohhh...

I just answered my own question... Okay I'm done. You're just determined to dislike this, it would seem.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • ROMG4
    2865 posts Member
    edited June 27
    My grief is the fact so much man-power went into a single BP Unit

A single BP unit that can only be used by one faction, in one era, and can be seen regularly in only one mode

If you play Blast, Strike, GA, chances are you can have multiple gaming sessions without ever seeing the Droideka let alone playing as one. Because even if you do get a prequel map you can still get stuck playing only as the Republic unless you play Capital Supremacy where you have a guaranteed chance of encountering and playing as the Droideka

Thus if you want to experience the new content you are essentially forced into playing Capital Supremacy at the expense of Every other mode in the game

This would be fine if there were equivalents to the Droideka content for other eras, but DICE doesn't have the man power to do that so we are stuck with single era content soft locked into one mode in the game

To say this is a massive waste of resources is to put it lightly
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

A single BP unit that can only be used by one faction, in one era, and can be seen regularly in only one mode

If you play Blast, Strike, GA, chances are you can have multiple gaming sessions without ever seeing the Droideka because even if you do get a prequel map you can still get stuck playing only as the Clones unless you play Capital Supremacy

Thus if you want to experience the new content you are essentially forced into playing Capital Supremacy at the expense of Every other mode in the game

This would be fine if there were equivalents to the Droideka content for other eras, but DICE doesn't have the man power to do that so we are stuck with single era content soft locked into one mode in the game

Yeahhh.... I won't deny that. They really ought to make other equivalent reinforcements for the OT and ST. But I'm sure people would still complain if they did that because it's not maps or weapons, etc....
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

Any examples?

The notable difference being that those games are built upon those mechanics and thus it makes sense for them to be in the game. Star Wars Battlefront II is not built upon transforming mechanics. Thus, it would take the dev team, which is used to creating weapons, heros, and maps, considerably longer to develop and code transforming mechanics from scratch. Why isn't this obvious? There's a big difference here that you seem to be ignoring.

OMG then you are trying to say that thing were difficult to make? sorry but i disagree and if you believe that well i have nothing to do.
    Why, yes, I am saying it was difficult for them to do. Do you have any experience with game coding or development? Do you have any sense of how much effort goes into these updates and content? Even I know that these games take an incredible amount of work to make. Others on these forums have testified to the fact that game coding and development is difficult and for the devs to develop a new mechanic from scratch would be challenging. You seem to be downplaying how much work the devs do and I... don't understand why? Why downplay their hard work and dismiss it just because you don't like what they made for such petty reasons as it's Prequel/Clone Wars... ohhh...

I just answered my own question... Okay I'm done. You're just determined to dislike this, it would seem.

It's not a difficult thing to do, say whathever you want, it's a generic and simple mechanic so move along.

Uh huh. Sure. I'm sure you have a lot of experience with game development and coding so you must be an authority on this topic. You ain't gonna dismiss my rebuttals to your assertion that easily! Also, simple does not necessarily mean easy, fyi.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Alex64
    7606 posts Member
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

Any examples?

It's not a difficult thing to do, say whathever you want, it's a generic and simple mechanic so move along.

Uh huh. Sure. I'm sure you have a lot of experience with game development and coding so you must be an authority on this topic. You ain't gonna dismiss my rebuttals to your assertion that easily! Also, simple does not necessarily mean easy, fyi.

Show me examples on why is difficult
  • ROMG4
    2865 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

If you play Blast, Strike, GA, chances are you can have multiple gaming sessions without ever seeing the Droideka because even if you do get a prequel map you can still get stuck playing only as the Clones unless you play Capital Supremacy

Yeahhh.... I won't deny that. They really ought to make other equivalent reinforcements for the OT and ST. But I'm sure people would still complain if they did that because it's not maps or weapons, etc....

We haven't recieved OT content since the Solo season way back in early 2018 and that was just one new map and a ported extraction mode and yeah, that was Solo

Most OT fans would be pretty happy to have anything even just a map or unit at this point. Don't even get started on the few ST fans there are those poor dudes haven't gotten anything since December 2017
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • rollind24
    5787 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

Any examples?

Nothing wrong with expressing dissatisfaction with a product your not an expert in making yourself.

I may not be a chef but if I think my meal is bland it doesn’t mean I’m wrong because I’m not a chef.

I can find movies boring even though I’m not a director.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    My girlfriend is doing 3d modeling in college and she even says it hard. I gotta give these guys credit for making such a unique peice and it not be glitchy as heck.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
    Nothing else to say.

You might not like Droidekas, but I love you.
  • Alex64
    7606 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    My girlfriend is doing 3d modeling in college and she even says it hard. I gotta give these guys credit for making such a unique peice and it not be glitchy as heck.

It's a generic mechanic that we've seen in multiple games
  • Chem0
    151 posts Member
    I think this thread is a bit simple and generic.
  • Alex64
    7606 posts Member
    Chem0 wrote: »
    I think this thread is a bit simple and generic.

Yes, like the Droideka mechanic, and some insists that this is unique, they are wrong.
  • Chem0
    151 posts Member

I'm sure it is not easy to make that detailed and functional model.
  • Alex64
    7606 posts Member

Show me proves, this is only a rounded object interacting in the frostbite 3D enviroment
  • Zman2202
    536 posts Member

Show me proves, this is only a rounded object interacting in the frostbite 3D enviroment

Wait hold on? That what you think? Bro the transformation and interaction frok roll to blaster mode takes time. They replocate exactly what droideka supposed to look like.

This isnt some "rounded object" it a model that transfrom at will which needs to run fluid on the frostbite. They are definetly not generic. To you its probably like "Oh, how hard can it be to make 3D model as complex as the droideka, make compress and recrompress like how they do in the movies and shows, and not be buggy"

I swear this is why devs dont mess with these forums. I would have understood if you thought they were just weak, but you genuiely think that this was uninspired and did nit requie a lot of work.....and if you cannot see the work put into these guys I dont even know what to say thats just awful to devs

Keep your opinion bro, you can have that
  • Alex64
    7606 posts Member
    Zman2202 wrote: »

Wait hold on? That what you think? Bro the transformation and interaction frok roll to blaster mode takes time. They replocate exactly what droideka supposed to look like.

This isnt some "rounded object" it a model that transfrom at will which needs to run fluid on the frostbite. They are definetly not generic. To you its probably like "Oh, how hard can it be to make 3D model as complex as the droideka, make compress and recrompress like how they do in the movies and shows, and not be buggy"

I swear this is why devs dont mess with these forums. I would have understood if you thought they were just weak, but you genuiely think that this was uninspired and did nit requie a lot of work.....and if you cannot see the work put into these guys I dont even know what to say thats just awful to devs

Keep your opinion bro, you can have that

This isn't innovative neither unique, you can also keep your opinion too.
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

Because you could design, code, animate and render better? Show some appreciation m8

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Alex64
    7606 posts Member
    Nothing else to say.

Why?

Okay then I guess I'll respond to your very constructive comments. The devs have been working on transforming droids for a long while.
    ek3fdacx42bg.png
    This is back in February of last year. They've been working hard on these rolly bois.
    The reason droidekas took so long is because, as we should all know by now, the dev team has very limited manpower and any content is going to take longer to produce and release. It seems that you're awfully dismissive of what I imagine was a lot of hard work on the devs part. Transforming droids is no easy feat, as I'm sure the devs could testify. The droidekas are certainly anything but "generic" as they're the only reinforcement capable of transforming. I'd like to see you try and code such a challenging piece of content.

Also, what exactly did you expect from a droideka?
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

They roll, they shield, they shoot. What did you expect exactly? That's what droidekas are.

And how do you know this?
    Don't you find this a little bit strange?
    yfcjzbcdbxwi.jpg
  • The rolling mechanics aren't easy to make otherwise it would've been done ages ago.

LOL what about Sonic on Megadrive?? Wasn't he rolling last century ago?

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!