criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Show K/D ratio on final scoreboard for HvV?

Disboy
175 posts Member
edited June 27
I think adding deaths to a scoreboard would help with deciding whether to stay with a team or leave the lobby.

Ex:
After a very close game of HvV that ended 2-0 I was the lowest score but went 18 eliminations (9 kills, 9 assists) and 3 deaths. The top player said I dragged the team down...

The scoreboard isn’t an accurate estimate of a players skill set, yet it is all we have when gauging our teammates and foes. Please add in the amount of deaths a player has and a K/D ratio.
Post edited by Disboy on

Replies

• TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    edited June 27
    For HvV/Blast (where only deaths matter) it might be good, but on other modes it might not mean anything with all the different kind of units and no objective play. Is it fair to compare the K/D ratio between somebody playing a hero and somebody playing a trooper?
    Post edited by TheScape on
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • CC_1010
    1422 posts Member
    Yesss would be nice. Deaths should count.
  • DCDT
    154 posts Member
    Only for HvV and Blast. Modes with objectives should only show objective-points and not unrelated kills, to encourage objective play.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2432 posts Member
    edited June 27
    It’s a shooter and most if not all shooters have kd, not that it means much though, especially in this game with all the randomness.
  • Disboy
    175 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Stats don't matter

It's what you do to PTO and smash the enemy that matters. Likewise engaging with potato randoms about "Skill and Stats" is completely pointless especially in this game

All that matters is ensuring I take as little tickets from my team as possible while pushing the objective, if I have twice as many kills as I do deaths at least and worked with my team

Than I have succeeded

“If I have twice as many kills as I do deaths at least and worked with my team then I have succeeded.”
    This is the literal definition of a K/D....
  • Disboy
    175 posts Member
    As a self proclaimed filthy casual, I cannot disagree more with this idea. My entire strategy relies heavily on separating myself from my team, going rogue, throwing myself at a coordinated clan, and leading myself to inevitable suicide while racking up a crazy amount of damage points. This immediately gives me a high position on the leaderboard and thus proves to be a functional and efficient strategy. Your silly K/D means nothing. This idea is so bad, I'm, like, literally offended.

This hit and run strategy is useful against noobs, but I don’t think it’ll hold up with experienced players who know how to block and time their abilities in unison. IMO a player who tops the leaderboards with a negative K/D is worse than the player at the bottom with a positive one.
  • Disboy
    175 posts Member
    gospa55350 wrote: »
    Please do not do this. It has been already proved in Battlefront 2015 how annoying this was. People would leave the game if they had a bad start or not dominating from beginning. This was cancer, i knew several good players who used to do that back in Battlefront 1 days.

Never played BF1 in 2015, but you described HvV in its current state from what I’ve seen...
  • Disboy
    175 posts Member
    DCDT wrote: »
    Only for HvV and Blast. Modes with objectives should only show objective-points and not unrelated kills, to encourage objective play.

My bad this post was meant for HvV.
  • ROMG4
    2727 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Disboy wrote: »
    As a self proclaimed filthy casual, I cannot disagree more with this idea. My entire strategy relies heavily on separating myself from my team, going rogue, throwing myself at a coordinated clan, and leading myself to inevitable suicide while racking up a crazy amount of damage points. This immediately gives me a high position on the leaderboard and thus proves to be a functional and efficient strategy. Your silly K/D means nothing. This idea is so bad, I'm, like, literally offended.

This hit and run strategy is useful against noobs, but I don’t think it’ll hold up with experienced players who know how to block and time their abilities in unison. IMO a player who tops the leaderboards with a negative K/D is worse than the player at the bottom with a positive one.

A sniper that hides in a bush the whole game can have a completely positive KD, but they did actually do anything? No.

The Assault/Heavy who constantly rushed the objective distracting the enemy and poking a hole in their defense for their team to follow, did

Which is why most people that care about KD are the ones that hide in the back of the map with Leia and spam secondary fire until they eventually get killed by a strafing fighter

The KD doesn't matter unless the tickets are in effect, KD is worth nothing
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Disboy
    175 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

A sniper that hides in a bush the whole game can have a completely positive KD, but they did actually do anything? No.

The Assault/Heavy who constantly rushed the objective distracting the enemy and poking a hole in their defense for their team to follow, did

Which is why most people that care about KD are the ones that hide in the back of the map with Leia and spam secondary fire until they eventually get killed by a strafing fighter

I’m talking about HvV, not any other game mode.
  • TjPunx
    1573 posts Member
    I suicide myself purposefully to end the game quicker
  • Defbored
    1433 posts Member
    Eh we don’t need it. It would be nice addition but you know when you’re on a bad team. Just by looking at the eliminations.
  • Please no.

Sometimes I'm a god. Sometimes I'm the most useless. Let's not break our relationship for a failed HvV.
  • Xerogon
    479 posts Member
    edited June 28
    If kd doesn’t matter why are people so threatened by it? What does it matter if it’s in the game if it’s no big deal, and please don’t say because it changes play styles. If it really doesn’t matter why do we have elims, or obj, or anything for that matter other than a W or L.
  • TjPunx
    1573 posts Member
    Because the loudest ones calling for changes don’t want their skill level known
  • TheScape wrote: »
    For HvV/Blast (where only deaths matter) it might be good, but on other modes it might not mean anything with all the different kind of units and no objective play. Is it fair to compare the K/D ratio between somebody playing a hero and somebody playing a trooper?

This guy gets it. I mainly play GA and very very very often the side with least kills wins because they play the objective.

I am more interested in that than how many kills. Guys running round the perimeter of maps in GA and CS farming kills are of no use at all and should get no recognition.
  • DarthJ
    6555 posts Member
    Not really that bothered, if I am honest.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Would not change anything. But indeed does not mean a lot. Even on Blast/HvV.
    I often put myself at risk playing bait, to get the enemy team's attention. That's how I play Droidekas, running right in the middle of a clone line to get behind them. I'm both an easy target for being alone and it simply annoys them.

I often get killed in the process, but the teammates get a safe line of sight to get us a few kills.
  • Also the game requires us to use heroes we may not be good with, weapons we may not be good with, abilities we may not be good with, to unlock credits or weapon parts. During my first playthroughs I was a beast as Assault in Extraction. Now I suck because trying to complete weapon parts with the wrong weapon on the wrong maps. So few grenades, CQC, or shotgun that would give me easy kills.
  • Billkwando
    1878 posts Member
    Please do not do this. It has been already proved in Battlefront 2015 how annoying this was. People would leave the game if they had a bad start or not dominating from beginning. This was cancer, i knew several good players who used to do that back in Battlefront 1 days.

This. The last thing we need is something else to make casual/noob/less skilled players feel bad about themselves. I would like stats or a leaderboard of some kind (along with skill based matchmaking, but we know THAT's never gonna happen), but there's no need to rub it in people's faces every match.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • DarthLando
    1169 posts Member
    They should tweak it to show more than who does the most damage, which is what we currently have.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • TheScape wrote: »

This guy gets it. I mainly play GA and very very very often the side with least kills wins because they play the objective.

I am more interested in that than how many kills. Guys running round the perimeter of maps in GA and CS farming kills are of no use at all and should get no recognition.

Same with Strike. Top player on the leaderboard had 3 times as many kills as anyone else, and their team lost every single round. I almost love having those kind of players on the enemy team because you know they aren't going to do a dang thing to help their team. They become more like an annoying gnat than a real threat because the objective is being ignored. But oh boy, they must really feel awesome about being such an amazing player. lol.
  • Disboy
    175 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »

This. The last thing we need is something else to make casual/noob/less skilled players feel bad about themselves. I would like stats or a leaderboard of some kind (along with skill based matchmaking, but we know THAT's never gonna happen), but there's no need to rub it in people's faces every match.

Ignorance is bliss huh?
  • Billkwando
    1878 posts Member

Ignorance is bliss huh?

It is when you suck! LOL

Or at least like in Ace Combat 7, where you get basic stats after a match, but you have to hit Y if you wanna see the nitty gritty "how much you died" etc.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Disboy
    175 posts Member

Ignorance is bliss huh?

It is when you suck! LOL

Or at least like in Ace Combat 7, where you get basic stats after a match, but you have to hit Y if you wanna see the nitty gritty "how much you died" etc.

If you’re a noob then it should show, the noobs K/D should not be hidden at the expense of those players who carry the whole team. One can only carry so many games...
  • I don't mind them adding K/D or deaths to the stats at the end, but the top 5 podium should remain score based imo. Score based allows you to still place well on the podium if you're a good player, even if you have bad teammates or someone quits. Basing the podium on K/D would greatly favor people who just got lucky and got matched with the better team, or people who didn't have quitters on their team.
  • HvV is more about how good your teammates are not your personal skill.

People will just quit early even more if they die a few times and can’t get a kill.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction