criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Where are those Droidekas? Update & Release Notes

Replies

• Chico
    497 posts Member
    edited June 26
    @F8RGE I was just looking through the new update, and decided to look to see the new changes to some heros. I came across some new moving emotes for heros like Yoda - Serenity, Obi-wan Kenobi - Body and Mind, General Grevious - Duelist, and Darth Maul - Vigilant, and they look really cool.
    I really want them but it says that they can only be unlocked through crates and, I don't know how to unlock crates or if this is a mistake, but how do you unlock them?

Community events in July?
    Post edited by Chico on
  • TiNie
    300 posts Member
    After the update today I have to say the following:

Droidekas:
    I played them in Arcade for testing and they transform into the rolling mode with the "Shift-Button" on PC. It's the normal button to press if you want to run on PC. Why do they transform with pressing this button too? I was really confused about this and sometimes the rolling mode was activated accidently. In my opinion this option for activating this ability should be deleted in my opinion.

Yoda and Finn HoK:
    Why are they the only one without a real HoK card? In HvV they now have a big disadvantage compared to other epic characters. Please add the full HoK card for these last ones immediately. Remember Vader had a bonus health card and a bonus of 200HP with one ability and he has a regular HoK card. No reason for waiting any longer for this.

Phasma:
    In my opinion she could be a bit op with the new HoK card. Don't get me wrong HoK should be standard for all, but Phasma has some really good cards at all and she has her droid doing all the work for her. Talking about her cards. She can have 50% damage reduction while using her survivor ability. With the easy shots card, she can 60% reduce heat for her blaster with every kill, in my opinion this could be op in GA. 50% greater radius of her droid after 3 kills. If you are shocked by her droid in HvV, she can deals heavy damage on you with her blaster. The first thing I would change is, no self-healing for her droid. Maybe the reload time can be adepted, but with this (fast) healing it's almost impossible to get her in HvV without any push or pull abilities.

Yoda:
    In my opinion Yoda still have this problem with his force push. Why not making a large fixed range for this ability and only the damage output is increasing with absorption? At last the short delay after the first lightsaber strike in specific situation is gone, but the regular swing speed is still a bit slow.

Luke:
    I like the changes with him, but I would like to see a reduced reload time for his push too.
  • I am so excited from this update. AND I AM THANKFUL FOR THE UPDATE IN MASTER YODA!!! :) .I thing that now he is as strong as Yoda in star wars films ( I - II - III) and he should maintain this strength because according the film movies he is the best lightsaber user from all Sith and Jedi .Also I am glad about these new epic and rare appearances !!!And the Droidekas and the new Republic tank are the best option of enforcers that you could add in this game!!! In addition it could be great a future update on Finn and Leia.
    In conclusion I want to thank you again for this update .It is the best!!! :)
  • kyle221b
    12 posts Member
    edited June 26
    You guys didn't mention that you'd be taking away the pale blue lightsabers on Rey and Luke, can we at least have the color back even if it's brighter? Personally, I think it was great having them the way they were in the original trilogy, and probably a lot of people agree, but changing them to the ROTS/prequel trilogy color like obi-wan and Anakin seems like a mistake. Even when they remastered the original trilogy, they realized people liked the pale blue better, and left it different from the prequels, you could at least do the same for the game.
  • Remove the brightness on the sabers. the red lightsabers look pink lol
  • TiNie
    300 posts Member
    edited June 26
    I played serveral rounds of HvV now.

Yoda is now really the worst light side force user in the game. No block against Idens fire and idens stun droid! why is that? He should block or absorb everything. All lightsaber users can block Idens droid why not Yoda?
    It's so sad that the strongest Jedi in the game is so weak. Please EA think about the PT Episode I-II-III and the strenght of yoda. Without his real HoK card he is really really weak and without the block of Idens stun droid!
    HoK card for Yoda, now!!

By the way:
    Yoda's lightsaber block is really buggy, it's one of the worst in the game. There seems to be some rework of his block.
    Although most blocks are buggy at the moment and again.

#makeYodagreatagain
    Post edited by TiNie on
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    DARTH MAUL
    • Fixed an issue where Darth Maul's Spin Attack ability continued to affect enemies if Darth Maul died during the animation.

LUKE SKYWALKER
    • Fixed an issue where Luke could damage enemies with Rush after dying.

DARTH VADER
    • Fixed an issue where Darth Vader's Star Card Fueling the Rage would put the ability on cooldown, when the user eliminated enemies faster than the ability timer would indicate.

CAPTAIN PHASMA
    • Fixed an issue where the Staff Strikes ability continues to affect enemies if Captain Phasma is defeated during the animation.

REY
    • Fixed an issue where Rey's Dash Strike ability could be triggered twice before the ability ended.

About Maul and Phasma, this is actually old news, you had alredy fixed these BUGs when you fixed the Stuck Spin effect BUG and the Stuck Staff Strike effect BUG. These BUGs:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

The BUGs were probably related as when you announced these were fixed, it also fixed the attacking after dead BUGs for both. Luke was the only remaining character from the original crew that had this Attacking After Dead BUG.

About Rey, you've already almost negated the effect of a double Dash Strike in your last attempt to fix this BUG. If this is indeed a new patch, and not a statement about something that was already done in a previous patch like the previous 2 statements I mentioned above, then it'll be nice but not something that'll make much of a difference, as her second dash strike doesn't last for even a second, it's just a really small extension of her original Dash Strike.

About Luke, I really hope you're telling the truth here. If so, maybe this BUG will finally be gone forever. Well, that is if Anakin can't trigger it too. Our QA Team has this test set to happen soon, as people reported that Passionate Strike could also trigger this Attacking After Dead BUG. Luke's BUG can be seen here clearly:

Luke's View:
    giphy.gif
    Vader's View:
    giphy.gif

And about Vader. Finally! You finally fixed that annoying Day 1 BUG which should have been done ages ago because it was a simple mistake and very easy to understand. It certainly didn't take you long to fix it, it just didn't appear in the priority queue I'm sure. Well, I hope this note is true though, we've had some misleading notes in the past. However, now you'll have to take a close look at Vader on GA because with this card working it'll be used by almost everyone for it's a very powerful card to use. The BUG looked like this:

giphy.gif
    Whenever you killed an enemy, and the amount of time gained to increase the ability's duration would make the total remaining time of the ability surpass its starting value, the overflow would trigger the cancellation of the ability and its cooldown would kick in.

With this card working, Vader players can go on a rampage, regaining health as they kill, and also regaining active Rage time as they kill too, and as we can have 25% damage reduction with Rage active, it encourages this behavior. When you make Vader kill a trooper (except heavies) with one swing, then he'll really feel like in that scene in Rogue One. But for balancing purposes, I'm not sure if it'll be healthy though.

About many other changes I'll simply skip commenting on them. Overall I don't like the way you're going with this game with these changes. But concerning BUG fixes, if this patch is really true about Lukes Corpse BUG and Fueling the Rage BUG, then I think we're going in the right direction.

Thank you so much. Great job on the video capture and edit. I've been trying to show all this but have failed in my attempts in getting content. Awesome job and thank you for showing proof of the glitches and bugs in hero combat.
  • TiNie
    300 posts Member
    edited June 26
    I played against and as Grievous and I have to say, that he needs some nerfs. He is now better than all light side lightsaber users in HvV. The reload time of his ablities are too low compared to the other force users. Unrelenting Advance makes him almost invincible. No chance for blocking, no for attackuing and he is immune against force pushes or what ever. This should be changed and the time should be put up over 15s.
    He can be compared to Vader, bzt Vader's Choke has a much longer reload time.

Kylo's Pull should have a lower reload time mabye 16-17s and a higher damage output, maybe 75HP damage by default. Its to weak otherwise. Maybe his Freeze should have a shorter reload time too, like Luke's force push.
  • Zepheon
    240 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    IS SIRIOUS THAT EVEN AFTER THAT UPDATE THE ANIKIN CAUSES DAMAGE TO VILLAGES WITH ABILITY RETRIBUTION ?

If he's willing to kill younglings, it would make sense that he'd have no problem with damaging villages.

TiNie wrote: »
    What about changing stamina drain with lightsaber in the following way. A lightsaber hit is the standard value. A strike without any hit, I would call it a blank strike, would drain maybe 25% less stamina of a standard strike.

I like this. Sounds like a reasonable idea. Kinda like standing still in the block animation drains no stamina.

Your idea would go hand in hand with the entire community's request to tone down the saber tracking/magnetic sabers, because once they do, there will be a whole lot more whiffed swings, where folks miss because the game is no longer teleporting their swings so they do damage from further away than they should.

Worth considering.

Gizmonica wrote: »
    I consider the change to Kylo’s pull ability as a NERF, which he does not need. He’s already one of the weakest saber heroes, and it’s been so long since he got any buffs. This change will just cause people to stand there and block against him even more than they already do. His saber damage or swing speed should be increased if his pull ability is being “fixed.”

Yeah, especially considering his Frenzy is terrible now, his freeze is so short to the point of being useless, and his jumping pull basically no longer works (it pulls them off their feet and they fall down directly where they stood, most of the time).

Zepheon wrote: »
    @F8RGE Can you please look into Maul’s spin attack hitting twice? It will hit during the animation and also as he exits the animation. Vader’s choke needs to be dodgable, Obi-Wan’s mind trick lasts way too long for HVV and Unrelenting Advance needs to be toned down too. Also, block and dodge need to be more responsive and reliable in general. There’s something wrong with the latency in the servers and it makes a defensive playstyle difficult. Also curious about Yoda and Finn health on kill for HVV. If you could look into this I feel it would contribute greatly to the quality of the game.
    awakespace wrote: »
    Zepheon wrote: »
    @F8RGE Can you please look into Maul’s spin attack hitting twice? It will hit during the animation and also as he exits the animation. Vader’s choke needs to be dodgable, Obi-Wan’s mind trick lasts way too long for HVV and Unrelenting Advance needs to be toned down too. Also, block and dodge need to be more responsive and reliable in general. There’s something wrong with the latency in the servers and it makes a defensive playstyle difficult. Also curious about Yoda and Finn health on kill for HVV. If you could look into this I feel it would contribute greatly to the quality of the game.

I completely agree with all of this except for toning down unrelenting advance - it is incredibly easy to avoid and leaves grievous totally exposed from behind - it's fine

The rest of it is spot on

That is EXACTLY what I was going to say. I agree with all of it, other than UA. Which, if anything, still needs to be improved.

Psy3d wrote: »
    Well at least Luke hot some buff...so guess that would do for me :D

Yup, I'll never complain about some hot Luke buff action, but it's too bad they seem to be allergic to buffing his Push/Repulse damage, no matter how many times we ask. ;)

"Blaster Heroes can now crouch".
    This I think is a great one!

Yeah, I can just see Han now, gracefully crouching down to his fallen enemies, to offer some tea and crumpets. :D

UA doesn’t need to be improved. It does 120-150 per 0.45 seconds, and the hit box is larger than where the sabers are spinning. Sometimes in close quarters, it’s difficult to avoid getting hit by it and if you’re hit once, you’re probably going to be hit another time before the game allows you to back up. The damage output due to the frequency and damage per hit is too high. It should be reverted to 0.50 frequency and the hit box slightly smaller to match visually where he’s standing when using it. It’s easy to avoid in most situations, though sometimes you’ll find yourself in a position where you have to get hit by it due to the unreliable block/dodge and latency. Not to mention Thrust Surge needing a fix to reliability. Claw Rush is fine, but the double hit when he exits the animation needs to go. The only thing UA needs improved is the defensive aspect. Sabers and blasters should never hit through it. Then I feel Grievous will be fine.
  • Zepheon
    240 posts Member
    edited June 26
    In regards to Droidekas, I feel that the damage of their blasters and the health of their shields should be increased by about 15%. The transition speed when going into or exiting their ball form should be increased by about 35%. Damage at range should be increased slightly and the accuracy of their blasters should be increased a bit as well. The reliability of the ball form activating seems a bit off as well. I also think the speed of ball form should be dictated by the amount you’re pushing forward on the joystick if you’re playing on console. The requirement of pressing the sprint button to move faster seems odd and inconvenient. Jumping while in ball form should retain the speed you’re moving at, for the sake of fluidity. Right now it feels just a bit clunky. If Droidekas are buffed in these ways, the BP requirement should be increased to about 2,000.
  • How do we unlock the new victory poses you added for Yoda, Obi Wan, and Grievous? And also, why wasn't this mentioned in the CT?
  • robantace wrote: »
    How do we unlock the new victory poses you added for Yoda, Obi Wan, and Grievous? And also, why wasn't this mentioned in the CT?
    And why are they moving? None of the other victory poses are moving. But these are. Why is that?

• LOVE THIS UPDATE!!, thank you DICE, greetings from Mexico.
  • First fix droideka because the conclusions are disappointing:

- Slow (Easy target)
    - No much health
    - Shield is weak (easy destroyable)
    - Blaster damage is ridiculous, inferior than the most rifles of normal troopers.

Droideka needs a buff. @F8RGE evalute it.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Hey great job in adding the Driodekas. Now kindly fix the mess you have with Sep troops being paper thin. I mean, I can't even get a kill in before I get shredded in a supposedly "superior" troop with shields? Way to f the balance up in the opposite direction so far the game is even less fun when you get stomped so quickly the match ends in one round.
  • tldr; Did they finally fix/ban the cheats on here and on Battlefield V?
  • Starmasui73146
    1482 posts Member
    edited June 27
    I played against and as Grievous and I have to say, that he needs some nerfs. He is now better than all light side lightsaber users in HvV. The reload time of his ablities are too low compared to the other force users. Unrelenting Advance makes him almost invincible. No chance for blocking, no for attackuing and he is immune against force pushes or what ever. This should be changed and the time should be put up over 15s.

Kylo's Pull should have a lower reload time mabye 16-17s and a higher damage output, maybe 75HP damage by default. Its to weak otherwise. Maybe his Freeze should have a shorter reload time too, like Luke's force push.

His immunity to force push is because his claws dig into the ground and are magnetic on metal as well, that's canon.

The Clone Wars (mini series)
    Grevious's feet are magnetic

Clone Wars the Show

Grevious feet are magnetic (example two)

Grevious's Ending

But this is the thread for Destroyer Droids...

Back on topic...

The Destroyer Droid, thank you again soooooooo much DICE for giving it to us.

I tested it out in Arcade...

Pros:
    1.) All aspects of the Destroyer Droid is flawless in appearance.
    2.) The two speeds available for rolling is an interesting feature (i.e. - normal roll left stick forward, faster roll push down on left stick)
    3.) Maneuverability is awesome.
    4.) Shield strength is adequate.
    5.) Firing rate is adequate.

Cons:
    1.) The timing speed by which the Destroyer opens its two arms to prepare to fire is to slow feeling, it just feels off some how.

Other then that you created a master work guys, well done.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Сhosen
    10 posts Member
    How can I return a normal sword? These thin stumps kill the eyes. Only Luke has a beautiful sword.
  • I love all of the updates, but for someone that gave up on online play months ago. I would love to see some sort of playlist for arcade. So after we play a map we don't have to go back to the main menu to load an new map to play. Also I would love to have more Human trooper skins and not have the classes gender locked. Other than that I love the game and what you have done with it.
  • @F8RGE Just encountered what looks like a new glitch/bug in the game on PC.

I joined a friend who was in a lobby on one of the US servers playing Starfighter Assault. When I joined the lobby the game was 1 player away from getting the minimum to start the round, which was Endor as the Imperials. It was on one of the US servers apparently.

We get the minimum player count required to start, and the 40 sec count down timers starts. However before it expires, I'm on the map, flying around similar to like I'm in arcade. I can't damage any turrets or fixed objects, but can shoot ships. When I crash the game then comes up with the Objectives/ticket scoreboard and we are leading having taken down 17% of the 1st objective. Round plays properly thru to end.

After matchmaking, I'm in a lobby with 5 other players, 3 on each side. We are sitting waiting for lobby to fill on the Kamino map and I'm on the Separatists team. However then, like at the start of Endor, I'm on the map with some other players. We cannot damage any objectives or turrets, but can shoot down enemy ships. I shoot down 1 ship. Round then ends saying the Separtists were defeated but puts up the points and leader board from the round I played on Endor. It then says we still need 4 players to continue the next round. My buddy and I decide to quit, but before I can quit to menu what happens? Yep, game launches us on Kamino as the Republic with all of 3 players.

You really need to fix this quick as it is ridiculous.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • ZakdosTV
    2 posts Member
    edited June 27
    I can confirm what New Roosterman is saying. On the Endor map, the objectives didn't appear for about 30 seconds into the round. At another point, an opponent asked "how I did that," because he saw two of me. Obviously, I wasn't doing anything silly -- I was just trying to play the game.

Numerous times in starfighter assault, the score screen will show no data, games will fire without players, or it will quit partway into the round for no apparent reason.

All of these glitches arrived after the update yesterday morning. How could you have screwed so much up in this game, when you didn't even change anything in starfighter assault? We literally haven't had any new content in that play mode for years. How are you screwing up what you aren't even changing?

Starfighter assault is a very fun play mode for me, and the player base for that mode is small (partly, I assume, because you've done nothing to support it for such a long time -- no new maps, skins, heroes, etc.), but we're a very loyal and engaged player base. Please don't mess with us like this.
    Post edited by ZakdosTV on
  • GoodBytes
    160 posts Member
    edited June 27

His immunity to force push is because his claws dig into the ground and are magnetic on metal as well, that's canon.

Not always....

giphy.gif

Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • The glitch in Starfighter Assault is constant. Played a full map on the Virginia server on the Unknown Regions. After matchmnaking I was in a lobby with 4 other players, so we were 3 short of the minimum to play the D'qar map (I was on the Imperial team). The game started, this was my screen after spawning and firing at the objective -

uovp9lncvhab.png

So after about 20-30 secs of flying we get the "First Order defeated" message and round ends with the scores being displayed as taken from the last round we played on the Unknown Regions map. We go back to lobby, now waiting to start as the Resistance. I know I was not alone in thinking it weird as this was mentioned in chat -

nnws2dnv0b7r.png

Mere seconds after I took the above screenshot, the game starts like before, we fly around with no objective heads up or anything like the following screen shot shows -

25ogam1vjuuu.png

After 20-30 secs, we get the "Resistance Victory" end message and round ends. WE get the same scores from the end of the last round in the Unknown Regions, and matchmaking is getting ready to send us to Fondor.

This needs to be fixed urgently as you cannot play a game of Starfighter Assault properly if this continues.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • y'all know Boba wears Mandalorian armor right? it's made of Beskar = fix his thresh-hold for incuring damage. please
    also, that antenna he has, it's a functional targeting device... make that work. also please
  • Narrnax
    11 posts Member
    I consider the change to Kylo’s pull ability as a NERF, which he does not need. He’s already one of the weakest saber heroes, and it’s been so long since he got any buffs. This change will just cause people to stand there and block against him even more than they already do. His saber damage or swing speed should be increased if his pull ability is being “fixed.”

Kylo already got a buff. He has one of the biggest damage as lightsaber hero, especially with his card ability. I have no idea how you can say he is the weakest.
    Sure, before that, he was very weak. But now, big damage + slow swinging = good balance.
  • The new clone skins are awesome, but we still need the Galactic marine skins from the 21st NOVA CORPS, as they made an appearance in the movie => they are canon. This way clone trooper customization would be complete. Also, wouldn't mind a gray version for the 41st ELITE CORPS. Otherwise, great update.
  • Pleeeeaaasssssseeee add a ASSASSIN or CLOSE COMBAT CLASS OMG it would be so cool!!!!ie6ot4l2t7p6.jpg

Its like they could be a counter to heros or something like that
  • TiNie
    300 posts Member
    edited June 28

Clone Wars the Show

Grevious's Ending

Back on topic...

Pros:
    2.) The two speeds available for rolling is an interesting feature (i.e. - normal roll left stick forward, faster roll push down on left stick)

Cons:
    1.) The timing speed by which the Destroyer opens its two arms to prepare to fire is to slow feeling, it just feels off some how.

Hello!

Can you show me examples for dodging or rolling force powers to block to be canon?
    What about shoulder charge or punch into lightsaber strikes or blocks. Can you give me examples to be canon too?
    By the way is it canon that Jedi and Sith can be influenced by mindtricks? Show me pls
    Thx
    Post edited by TiNie on
  • TiNie
    300 posts Member
    edited June 28
    Narrnax wrote: »

Kylo already got a buff. He has one of the biggest damage as lightsaber hero, especially with his card ability. I have no idea how you can say he is the weakest.
    Sure, before that, he was very weak. But now, big damage + slow swinging = good balance.

No he has not! His lightsaber damage is 125, that's below normal what is 130!! His resilience star card is not really worth to take. This card should be without any other villain or much higher damage output. Like this most of the cards are obsolet and should be reworked. Thesy changed many things about charakters, but the cards stays almost the same. Not that I would say Kylo is weak or so, but his frenzy is not working very well. Easy to block or roll. I think they shoudl change this. Hit even with roll or dodge!!

Kylo's Pull and Freeze abilities do not cause any damage (10HP Pull) and have really long reload times.
    The new epic charakters do have lower reload times and higher damage. This is imbalanced.
    But Kylo is not the only one beeing imbalanced.
    Force and blaster users are imbalanced too. The latter are much stronger not only refered to the canon!!!

Most blaster users can roll 3 times in a row after that there is a delay. Han especially is the one who can roll 3 times in a row. I don't know why this was necessary to change?!?!? With only 2 dodges for a force user its now almost impossible to kill a blaster user.

If a blaster user is jumping he can fire without any disadvantages. If a lightsaber user jumps and strike midair they loose about 25% of stamina. That's imbalaned too. Should be changed, because jumping and striking is a counterattack against rolling and Yoda's dash attack!

Then since the last update on Wednesday, blocks are broken again. I am not the only one who recognize this!
    It's annoying again, if other lightsaber strike, blaster fire or lightning is breaking through your own block with lots of stamina left!

New Update almost bring back old bugs! Sad but true!
    Post edited by TiNie on
  • FabiDepp
    115 posts Member
    the update is very good in general but Droidekas need an upgrade. They need a buff
  • Billkwando
    2017 posts Member
    edited June 28
    Very pleased with the Luke changes. The swing speed really helps bring him up to par, and with the slightly larger repulse, I've actually switched cards for the first time ever, swapping the Stronger Repulse (which should really be named Larger Repulse) in favor of his stamina card, along with my normal 2 Push cards.

I'm gonna try running that for a while, since my main reason for using the larger repulse was to stop targets from running away. No worries about that since HvV is Team Steamroll now.

Now I just have to stop hitting my Rush as a reflex, since a lot of the time they're already dead! :D
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • In-game cinematics play pillarboxed on my ultrawide screen now, and they didn't use to before. Is that normal?
  • Starmasui73146
    1482 posts Member
    edited June 29

Clone Wars the Show

Grevious's Ending

Back on topic...

Pros:

Cons:

Hello!

Can you show me examples for dodging or rolling force powers to block to be canon?
    What about shoulder charge or punch into lightsaber strikes or blocks. Can you give me examples to be canon too?
    By the way is it canon that Jedi and Sith can be influenced by mindtricks? Show me pls
    Thx

I was talking about Grevious's resistance to force push due to his feet claws (as well as them being magnetic). I never said anything about disagreeing with the rest of your post.

GoodBytes wrote: »

Not always....

giphy.gif

Like any machine I think the magnetic grip has to be turned on

Back on Destroyer Droid topic:

I found this interesting video comparison between the Pandemic SWBF Destroyers and DICE's, strangely they do seem like they open their arms at the same speed. So I guess it's accurate.

“There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    1482 posts Member
    edited June 29
    Watch Star Wars Phantom Menace from 2:29-2:52, clearly they move at the same speed as DICE designed them.

Yet this Clone Wars clip made their arms come out insanely fast, maybe it's an advanced model?

I guess the Destroyers are perfect then, I must have confused the animated show with the films and remembered their opening speed wrong. In that case it's pros across the board DICE, well done. B)
    “There is always hope.”
  • The game is now crash happy in Capital Supremacy mode .
  • So when can we expect fixes for Starfighter Assault and CS. The bug in Starfighter Assault has seen the population drop away markedly as it is almost impossible to play now :-(
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Unwarycoin
    6432 posts Member
    Two questions.
    1. What is a defeat volume?
    2. What did the Resistance Transport Ships do on Jakku?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • TiNie wrote: »
    I played serveral rounds of HvV now.

Yoda is now really the worst light side force user in the game. No block against Idens fire and idens stun droid! why is that? He should block or absorb everything. All lightsaber users can block Idens droid why not Yoda?
    It's so sad that the strongest Jedi in the game is so weak. Please EA think about the PT Episode I-II-III and the strenght of yoda. Without his real HoK card he is really really weak and without the block of Idens stun droid!
    HoK card for Yoda, now!!

By the way:
    Yoda's lightsaber block is really buggy, it's one of the worst in the game. There seems to be some rework of his block.
    Although most blocks are buggy at the moment and again.

#makeYodagreatagain

I actually hadn't realized they got rid of Yoda's ability to block explosive damage. With respect - that's such a ridiculous change. It was part of what made him feel actually like the Jedi Grand Master in the game. It made him unique too. He should be able to block ANY explosive attack like he used to..
  • gelal_fett wrote: »
    y'all know Boba wears Mandalorian armor right? it's made of Beskar = fix his thresh-hold for incuring damage. please
    also, that antenna he has, it's a functional targeting device... make that work. also please

Actually, Boba's armour isn't made of Beskar. It was too rare and expensive a material.
  • willywonka7
    1741 posts Member
    Great update....but the changes to Kylo are unwarranted!

Probably going to have to revert kylo pull, just like you did with han Shoulder charge and yoda dash doing damage through block.

If anything the standard attack animations need to be sped up for both Kylo and Rey because they feel super slow and unresponsive now when you are trying to attack someone. They probably both need to be on part with luke and yoda.
  • Would be nice if the game launched :(
  • TiNie
    300 posts Member
    Juuuushy wrote: »

I actually hadn't realized they got rid of Yoda's ability to block explosive damage. With respect - that's such a ridiculous change. It was part of what made him feel actually like the Jedi Grand Master in the game. It made him unique too. He should be able to block ANY explosive attack like he used to..

Me with Yoda was blocking and the rockets from Boba hit me and cause much damage on Yoda. Yes, I agree 100% with you. Yoda is the strongest (best) hero in the movies and so is Sidious within the villains. Yoda's block is really buggy especially against lightsaber strikes and his lunge while striking is really small compared to others. Although it seems to me that the hitbox of Yoda's lightsaber is far too big, because in the past I often got hit by him beeing far away or far in midair. For me Yoda's dash attack should be blockable, just as Han's shoulder charge or others, except Anakin's passionate strike. But you can parry Anakin's passionate strike with a normal lightsaber strike, the lightsaber clashes and no damage is caused, so this is some kind of block, which I find pretty good. If this is also possible with Yoda's dash attack is something I don't know.

If this game would be more authentic, everything should be blockable by force users, even granades, rockets and mindtricks of course too. Force users are that strong. I don't even know, if Yoda can block Bossks mines, nor his grenades. Besides that, as I told before, Yoda is in need of a real HoK card at least in HvV. If he needs one in GA I don't know, but really what about Phasma, her droid and her real HoK card in GA then? She places her droid in a good position and get her kills made by her droid. Don't forget Phasma has an ability that grants her bonus health just as Yoda and she has a card to get damage reduction, this is something Yoda doesn't have at all. If one of the epic charakters should have restricted HoK card, this should be Phasma not Yoda. Give all the epic characters a default HoK card without any restrictions.

By the way, the strongest villain in the movies, Sidious, is absolut weak against blaster users, because of his missing block. Under Obi-Wan's mindtrick he is in 90% of the cases dead already, especially if he is 1vs1 against Obi-Wan. It's a result of the much too long last mindtrick of Obi-Wan and the missing block of Sidious. In my opinion Sidious electrocute ability should be reworked. At the moment it's more or less useless in HvV (I think in GA too). As is his star card the rule of two, that grants him for the 1s stun of electrocute 30% more damage. Maybe the card should deal higher general damage for is one/two hand lightning not dependend on any ability. A block for Sidious would make him stringer against blaster users and his electrocute ability could be 360 degree and deal damage (50-100 against heroes and 100-150 to others)/knock foes down.
    Great update....but the changes to Kylo are unwarranted!

Probably going to have to revert kylo pull, just like you did with han Shoulder charge and yoda dash doing damage through block.

If anything the standard attack animations need to be sped up for both Kylo and Rey because they feel super slow and unresponsive now when you are trying to attack someone. They probably both need to be on part with luke and yoda.

In my opinion Yoda's swing speed is still lower than that of any other lightsaber user. It feels like Rey's speed is a bit higher than that of Kylo. For me no ability, except of Anakin's passionate strike should break through blocks. But the blocks are getting worse again and don't block as intended. This might be cause of the really fragile block, that is gone if you are walking over complex grounds or if you walk on objects. It could be, that Yoda's dash strike can be parry with a lightsaber strike, like it is with Anakin's passionate strike, but Han's shoulder charge is not, which is in my opinion a big error.
    Greetings
  • Watch Star Wars Phantom Menace from 2:29-2:52, clearly they move at the same speed as DICE designed them.

Yet this Clone Wars clip made their arms come out insanely fast, maybe it's an advanced model?

I guess the Destroyers are perfect then, I must have confused the animated show with the films and remembered their opening speed wrong. In that case it's pros across the board DICE, well done. B)
    There are many versions of the Droideka, even ranging to sniper Droideka. Many of which are appearing in the clone wars show.

• GoodBytes
    160 posts Member

I guess the Destroyers are perfect then

Not quite, they need to deal a lot more damage. 2 hit kills is generous enough.
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • I'll tell you why CS crashes. Because they added way too many clone skins and then have a really asinine way of loading the skins (I know this because I use the mod tools on the clones).
  • Still no bug fix for Starfighter Assault after 2 weeks. The mode is getting harder to find a game as a consequence :s
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • New_Roosterman
    543 posts Member
    edited July 8
    The lack of news about any bug fix for Starfighter Assault (SFA) after 2 weeks, and now in its 3rd week, is why people get fed up with the Devs. Had it been to Galactic Assault, or Capital Supremacy, many people suspect we'd have had news of a hot fix after 1 week. I mean when the bug for CS on Naboo was found, a temporary solution for that mode was done in days.

Other than due to pestering, we've had no information on any potential fix.

To the staff, I know you are trying your best, but the lack of voluntary communication on what is happening is why you see many people get frustrated either on this site or others. Might I suggest a bit more proactive on communication as your silence on stuff like this is tarnishing your company's image in my book.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • DeNeher0
    95 posts Member
    The lack of news about any bug fix for Starfighter Assault (SFA) after 2 weeks, and now in its 3rd week, is why people get fed up with the Devs. Had it been to Galactic Assault, or Capital Supremacy, many people suspect we'd have had news of a hot fix after 1 week. I mean when the bug for CS on Naboo was found, a temporary solution for that mode was done in days.

Other than due to pestering, we've had no information on any potential fix.

To the staff, I know you are trying your best, but the lack of voluntary communication on what is happening is why you see many people get frustrated either on this site or others. Might I suggest a bit more proactive on communication as your silence on stuff like this is tarnishing your company's image in my book.

I haven't played SFA in months but was thinking about returning. What's the bug?
  • Where is the July calendar events?
This discussion has been closed.