criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Avengers End Game and MCU discussion

Replies

• AzorAhai
    1379 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    So they're rereleasing Endgame with added footage and there's a rumor going around that there may be a post-credits scene related to the Fantastic Four.

Dude... You are the man. The Guru.

Nah. LOL. It's probably a false rumor. I'm taking it with a pinch of salt until we know more. But it's entirely possible, right?

I just don't know how deep they could go with it if they don't have actors lined up.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    So they're rereleasing Endgame with added footage and there's a rumor going around that there may be a post-credits scene related to the Fantastic Four.

Nah. LOL. It's probably a false rumor. I'm taking it with a pinch of salt until we know more. But it's entirely possible, right?

I just don't know how deep they could go with it if they don't have actors lined up.
    See what I mean? Guruspeak.
  • lowell
    1718 posts Member

They're not coming until likely 2022:

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/06/05/rumor-fantastic-four-reboot-aiming-for-2022/

Still unconfirmed but we'll hear something at SDCC or D23.
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited June 26
    lowell wrote: »

Yea I think the rumor was just for a tease. They did announce that it’s a Hulk scene, tribute and special tease for Spider-Man though. I’m holding out hope there’s more to it though
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • lowell
    1718 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

Yea I think the rumor was just for a tease. They did announce that it’s a Hulk scene, tribute and special tease for Spider-Man though. I’m holding out hope there’s more to it though

Maybe a tease in the Disney+ shows like Loki since he time travels in that one and I heard a rumor that the Fantastic Four might originate in the 1960s and somehow land into the current day through the Quantum Realm.
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited June 26

Maybe a tease in the Disney+ shows like Loki since he time travels in that one and I heard a rumor that the Fantastic Four might originate in the 1960s and somehow land into the current day through the Quantum Realm.

There’s a lot of possibilities to introduce them now if it’s true Mysterio came over from another timeline due to a rift from the snaps. I hadn’t read about that rumor but it sounds interesting. I know a lot of speculation has been going on about who is actually purchasing Avengers Tower in NY and how it might be F4. When I saw the trailer for FFH the first time I wasn’t all that excited which was weird since I love SpiderMan. I think now that I’ve seen Endgame I can stop comparing my hype to that though.

Edit/ there’s supposedly 3 mind “blowing” scenes in FFH related to the MCU as a whole. We shall see.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Iceninja
    450 posts Member

There’s a lot of possibilities to introduce them now if it’s true Mysterio came over from another timeline due to a rift from the snaps. I hadn’t read about that rumor but it sounds interesting. I know a lot of speculation has been going on about who is actually purchasing Avengers Tower in NY and how it might be F4. When I saw the trailer for FFH the first time I wasn’t all that excited which was weird since I love SpiderMan. I think now that I’ve seen Endgame I can stop comparing my hype to that though.

Edit/ there’s supposedly 3 mind “blowing” scenes in FFH related to the MCU as a whole. We shall see.

Maybe Thor will time travel and save him
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »

Save who?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Iceninja
    450 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »

Save who?

Loki
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • DarthJ
    6809 posts Member

They are just wanting to beat the overall box office record, they pretty much confirmed that

'its the same film, just with a couple of minutes post credit scenes added, so give us more money'

No thanks. Endgame was good, but overrated.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

They are just wanting to beat the overall box office record, they pretty much confirmed that

Oh but poor Disney will go bankrupt without it
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • DarthJ
    6809 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Haha yeah. Disney couldn't care about the fans really. Its money to them. If Marvel didn't money spin they would have locked it away never to be heard of again.

I still think its a complete affront that Marvel/Disney were talking about dropping comics completely recently. Talk about giving fans who have stuck with them through the ages a kick in the teeth. Its what started it all after all.

I adored the characters when I was a young un due to reading the comics and being in awe, not watching a film.
  • Cane_danko
    1267 posts Member

Haha yeah. Disney couldn't care about the fans really. Its money to them. If Marvel didn't money spin they would have locked it away never to be heard of again.

I still think its a complete affront that Marvel/Disney were talking about dropping comics completely recently. Talk about giving fans who have stuck with them through the ages a kick in the teeth. Its what started it all after all.

I adored the characters when I was a young un due to reading the comics and being in awe, not watching a film.

I would say disney cares about both. The fans generate the revenue so disney wants to keep them happy. They are looking at the long game. Keeping their characters attractive to the mainstream so people keep spending money on all that comes with them. It is a business. These are characters they own but did not create. To try and expect more of them is naive imo.

On a different note, i like both infinity war and endgame but i also find it funny how people overlook the flaws of both but refuse to in other franchises (star wars comes to mind). For me, fans are a fickle bunch. They claim to want one thing but really most people just enjoy the hype train and the hype train just goes to places no one can predict. It is very superficial.
  • DarthJ
    6809 posts Member
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    On a different note, i like both infinity war and endgame but i also find it funny how people overlook the flaws of both but refuse to in other franchises (star wars comes to mind). For me, fans are a fickle bunch. They claim to want one thing but really most people just enjoy the hype train and the hype train just goes to places no one can predict. It is very superficial.

I do agree with that. I like both overall but there are elements that have been completely slammed in other films, that get 10/10 from critics in Marvel and Endgame in particular. I thought Endgame was good, don't get me wrong, but was tedious at points and was nowhere near as amazing as people make it out to be (TDK still shines as the best superhero film IMO).

Honestly though, I miss the days when comics were a niche thing, if you liked them you were a geek or nerd, and you could happily like both DC and Marvel with no fuss (more of a friendly rivalry, with the odd flashpoint). Now, we have a ton of casuals who act like know it alls, hadnt heard of any of the characters pre-2008, and have turned Marvel and DC into what console wars are like (I h8 DC, Marvel is da best lol).
  • Cane_danko
    1267 posts Member

I do agree with that. I like both overall but there are elements that have been completely slammed in other films, that get 10/10 from critics in Marvel and Endgame in particular. I thought Endgame was good, don't get me wrong, but was tedious at points and was nowhere near as amazing as people make it out to be (TDK still shines as the best superhero film IMO).

Honestly though, I miss the days when comics were a niche thing, if you liked them you were a geek or nerd, and you could happily like both DC and Marvel with no fuss (more of a friendly rivalry, with the odd flashpoint). Now, we have a ton of casuals who act like know it alls, hadnt heard of any of the characters pre-2008, and have turned Marvel and DC into what console wars are like (I h8 DC, Marvel is da best lol).

In regards to being more niche i feel the same about star wars. I used to be the geek for liking the originals. When the prequels came out everyone was suddenly a fan.
  • AzorAhai
    1379 posts Member

Well, I'd say that I long for the days when comics were niche thing and you could buy them at grocery stores and drug stores, but what I really miss is my youth, of which that was one element. Comic book writing has improved by leaps and bounds since I was a kid, but their impact on me cannot compare to how I felt about them in the 80's.

I used to work offshore, and I remember listening to a bunch of rednecks talk about the X-Men and Wolverine, actually referring to him as Logan. And it really blew my mind that everything had become so mainstream that these guys who'd probably never read a comic in their life (especially not in their adult life) were infatuated with the same characters that I was. Just 10 years earlier and NONE of them would have known Wolvie's name was Logan. LOL.

I read and collected the entire Dan Abnett/Andy Lanning relaunch of Marvel's cosmic titles starting with Nova, and then Guardians of the Galaxy (as well as various tie-ins, limited series, and whatnot). And it was just one of the greatest runs in comics I've ever read, I mean, every issue on the last page, I would feel like Whoa...Gotta. Read. Next. Issue!

When I heard that they were making a Guardians movie, I tried to explain the framework of the team to a buddy who liked the Marvel movies, but never read comics. He was like "Starlord? That's a terrible name!" and he also thought the idea of a large humanoid tree and a talking raccoon were absolutely ridiculous, and that there was no way Disney/Marvel could pull it off. I said, "let's wait and see."

I no longer work offshore, but at my current job, I overheard a couple of coworkers getting excited over the Guardians of the Galaxy when Vol 2 came out, and it really warmed my heart.

The more fans the better as far as I'm concerned.
  • DarthJ
    6809 posts Member

Well, I'd say that I long for the days when comics were niche thing and you could buy them at grocery stores and drug stores, but what I really miss is my youth, of which that was one element. Comic book writing has improved by leaps and bounds since I was a kid, but their impact on me cannot compare to how I felt about them in the 80's.

I used to work offshore, and I remember listening to a bunch of rednecks talk about the X-Men and Wolverine, actually referring to him as Logan. And it really blew my mind that everything had become so mainstream that these guys who'd probably never read a comic in their life (especially not in their adult life) were infatuated with the same characters that I was. Just 10 years earlier and NONE of them would have known Wolvie's name was Logan. LOL.

I read and collected the entire Dan Abnett/Andy Lanning relaunch of Marvel's cosmic titles starting with Nova, and then Guardians of the Galaxy (as well as various tie-ins, limited series, and whatnot). And it was just one of the greatest runs in comics I've ever read, I mean, every issue on the last page, I would feel like Whoa...Gotta. Read. Next. Issue!

When I heard that they were making a Guardians movie, I tried to explain the framework of the team to a buddy who liked the Marvel movies, but never read comics. He was like "Starlord? That's a terrible name!" and he also thought the idea of a large humanoid tree and a talking raccoon were absolutely ridiculous, and that there was no way Disney/Marvel could pull it off. I said, "let's wait and see."

I no longer work offshore, but at my current job, I overheard a couple of coworkers getting excited over the Guardians of the Galaxy when Vol 2 came out, and it really warmed my heart.

If the fans behaved better then I would agree!
  • Cane_danko
    1267 posts Member

You act like fans are toxic or something. I find it hard to believe considering brie larson has had nothing but good things said about her.
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member

You act like fans are toxic or something. I find it hard to believe considering brie larson has had nothing but good things said about her.

I think he’s more referring to the immediate clowning on DC movies by some. I love the MCU so far but I’m certainly not one of those that wants to crap on DC movies just because it’s DC. I do see that a lot also.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cane_danko
    1267 posts Member

I think he’s more referring to the immediate clowning on DC movies by some. I love the MCU so far but I’m certainly not one of those that wants to crap on DC movies just because it’s DC. I do see that a lot also.

Mcu has crap movies too. Marvel as a whole has been able to avoid the mass toxicity that seems prevalent lately. Brie larson being the exception but i think they kind of baited that out to promote her.
  • DarthJ
    6809 posts Member

Basically what @rollind24 said. I actually love it here because between the few of us on these threads there is none of it! The movies have brought a certain type of fan with them though, which is sad. As in the console war type fans who cant love both and have to hate one.

All over social media and Youtube, things like that, you will see what I mean. DC trailer comes out and its swamped with the new MCU type fans. Yeah, DC has had misses in recent years, but the whole hatred thing is mind boggling. And like I said, it feels like those type of people are catered to when its even suggested that Marvel will drop comics completely. Just a bit sad to see what money can do to something.
  • I don't get why they introduced Captain Marvel in the first place. She was supposed to be a big, important part of Avengers: Endgame, and she appeared for around 15 minutes total, probably.

Maybe they have bigger plans for her in the future? I don't know.
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • DarthJ
    6809 posts Member
    I don't get why they introduced Captain Marvel in the first place. She was supposed to be a big, important part of Avengers: Endgame, and she appeared for around 15 minutes total, probably.

I would have preferred her introduced earlier in the MCU. Instead it felt like they rushed her film and then rushed her in to shove her into Endgame
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited June 30
    I don't get why they introduced Captain Marvel in the first place. She was supposed to be a big, important part of Avengers: Endgame, and she appeared for around 15 minutes total, probably.

When did they say she was a big important part of Avengers Endgame? I saw a lot of people not liking that they assumed she would be OPd and take up the spotlight online but I don’t remember Feige or the directors saying she was going to be a focus piece in EndGame. I did see them state she was going to have a big role in Phase 4 onward.

I do still think her solo movie was rather bland
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

When did they say she was a big important part of Avengers Endgame? I saw a lot of people not liking that they assumed she would be OPd and take up the spotlight online but I don’t remember Feige or the directors saying she was going to be a focus piece in EndGame. I did see them state she was going to have a big role in Phase 4 onward.

I know but all of us were expecting her to be important, so why did they introduce her in the first place and rush her
    character so much if she remained mostly unused when she was needed most?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited June 30

I know but all of us were expecting her to be important, so why did they introduce her in the first place and rush her

What was rushed about her character? I’m ok with how much she was used, was a good way to let the OG Avengers have one last hurrah. Her movie showed how Fury came to be and how he started setting up the Avengers just to in time to end the Infinity saga the next movie.

Wouldn’t making her important in Endgame actually be rushing her character?
    #infantrylivesmatter

What was rushed about her character? I’m ok with how much she was used, was a good way to let the OG Avengers have one last hurrah. Her movie showed how Fury came to be and how he started setting up the Avengers just to in time to end the Infinity saga the next movie.

I suppose. But with the pager at the end of Infinity War, a lot of us expected Captain Marvel to be a bigger part of Endgame.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited July 1

I suppose. But with the pager at the end of Infinity War, a lot of us expected Captain Marvel to be a bigger part of Endgame.

Yea I suppose she could have had more screen time but she did save Iron Man and we all know how important that was. I mean they teased Thanos years before he had any real screen time. I took the tease as a nod to her own movie coming out and confirming she’d be in EndGame, not as a predictor she would run the show in Endgame.
    #infantrylivesmatter

The reason is because the execs thought her movie might bomb, so they slightly cut her scenes from Endgame so that (if Miss Marvel bombed) they would still have a popular movie afterward. I don't use the other name, because it belongs to my fav superhero.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    Anyone else get their FFH tickets? I’ll be there tomorroe
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • In case anyone was wondering what they showed at the Endgame re-release, I'll put them in the spoiler tag below, as I went on Saturday and enjoyed it even more than the first viewing.
    1) The film opened with a message from Anthony Russo telling the audience to stay after the credits.
    2) The first post credits thing was a tribute to Stan Lee feat. BTS clips from all of his cameos. I'd be surprised if this isn't included in the blu-ray release.
    3) A deleted scene (Introduced by Anthony) featuring Hulk with incomplete effects shots (kinda funny, but not totally relevant to the plot so I can see why it's a deleted scene. Kinda wish it was a "Tony in the Soul Stone with his grown daughter scene," but maybe that will be on the blu-ray)
    4) A clip from Spider-Man: Far From Home. This was a scene with Nick Fury, Maria Hill and Mysterio. It's short and sweet and takes place in Mexico where a tornado "had a face."
    "Rise."
  • AzorAhai
    1379 posts Member
    Anyone else get their FFH tickets? I’ll be there tomorroe

Thursday morning for me. Looking forward to it.
  • AzorAhai
    1379 posts Member
    In case anyone was wondering what they showed at the Endgame re-release, I'll put them in the spoiler tag below, as I went on Saturday and enjoyed it even more than the first viewing.
    1) The film opened with a message from Anthony Russo telling the audience to stay after the credits.
    2) The first post credits thing was a tribute to Stan Lee feat. BTS clips from all of his cameos. I'd be surprised if this isn't included in the blu-ray release.
    3) A deleted scene (Introduced by Anthony) featuring Hulk with incomplete effects shots (kinda funny, but not totally relevant to the plot so I can see why it's a deleted scene. Kinda wish it was a "Tony in the Soul Stone with his grown daughter scene," but maybe that will be on the blu-ray)
    4) A clip from Spider-Man: Far From Home. This was a scene with Nick Fury, Maria Hill and Mysterio. It's short and sweet and takes place in Mexico where a tornado "had a face."

Thanks for the info!
  • Who's seeing Far From Home tomorrow?
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    Who's seeing Far From Home tomorrow?

Watching Homecoming now, then FFH after work tomorrow
    #infantrylivesmatter

Nice! I'm seeing it tomorrow night after work. Gonna wear my Spidey shirt.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member

Nice! I'm seeing it tomorrow night after work. Gonna wear my Spidey shirt.

All day at work tomorrow...

cyi3i9f8ck34.gif

ycyjhnr69rhh.gif
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Who's seeing Far From Home tomorrow?

Me! 2nd row, recliner seats. All i need is some Good n Plenty candy and a Coke.
    "Rise."
  • AzorAhai
    1379 posts Member
    Not seeing it today (Thursday), but I am wearing a Spider-man shirt. Complete coincidence that I'm wearing it on the day it comes out, I didn't even consider that. But I have so many Spidey shirts that I usually wear one or two to work every week.
  • Cane_danko
    1267 posts Member
    I thought spiderman homecoming was meh. The into the spiderverse was cool at first but the further i got along the stupider it became. The anime spiderman, the pig, and the noir i really could have done without. It is so popular and people hyped it up so much. Funny to me that people like that stuff.
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    I liked it, another great movie. Had some awesome scenes in it. Def stay for the after credits, haven’t seen them that good in a long while.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6809 posts Member
    I thought spiderman homecoming was meh. The into the spiderverse was cool at first but the further i got along the stupider it became. The anime spiderman, the pig, and the noir i really could have done without. It is so popular and people hyped it up so much. Funny to me that people like that stuff.

I was similar with Homecoming. My wife loved it but I thought it was one of the weaker entries in both the MCU and Spidey films. Was decent but thats about it.

Its put me off rushing to see FFH - only thing I am looking forward to is Mysterio.
    I liked it, another great movie. Had some awesome scenes in it. Def stay for the after credits, haven’t seen them that good in a long while.

OH MY Goodness! Those end credit scenes
    J Jonah Jameson is back, baby! And I was wondering why Fury seemed a bit more cartoony and exaggerated than usual.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • It was great. Mysterio is really cool.
    When Peter said "Captain Marvel"
    Fury's response is great lol
    "Rise."
  • Cane_danko
    1267 posts Member
    It was great. Mysterio is really cool.
    When Peter said "Captain Marvel"
    Fury's response is great lol

Yeah that’s the main thing that interests me. Just haven’t been able to invest in spider man movies like a lot of folks.
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member

J Jonah Jameson is back, baby! And I was wondering why Fury seemed a bit more cartoony and exaggerated than usual.
    When I saw who was playing him again I got so excited lol

And wtf is Fury up to now?

Those illusion fight scenes between Mysterio and Spider-Man I thought we’re top notch.
    #infantrylivesmatter

Those illusion fight scenes between Mysterio and Spider-Man I thought we’re top notch.
    Oh my goodness... that illusion fight in Berlin was straight out of a comic book and it was glorious! I also really like how they brought Mysterio into the modern world with drones, projectors, and special effects.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member

Oh my goodness... that illusion fight in Berlin was straight out of a comic book and it was glorious! I also really like how they brought Mysterio into the modern world with drones, projectors, and special effects.
    When he saw Happy and was asking “are you real?” I thought was great. You could completely understand and feel his confusion
    #infantrylivesmatter

I went flipping CRAZY when I saw J.K. Simmons as JJJ! My friends were looking at me like I was crazy. Also, I wonder how it will affect Spider-Man and the MCU now that everybody knows Peter is Spider-Man.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member

I went flipping CRAZY when I saw J.K. Simmons as JJJ! My friends were looking at me like I was crazy. Also, I wonder how it will affect Spider-Man and the MCU now that everybody knows Peter is Spider-Man.
    I couldn’t believe they cast him againand I love it. Will be interesting to see how peter is able to play this off. I wonder if this will have ramifications of Scorpion asking Vulture if he knew who Spider-Man was at the end of homecoming. And oh my god, can we get a scene of Luis giving JJJ the run down on a hot scoop!
    #infantrylivesmatter