criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Community Transmission — July 2019 Update

Prev1
F8RGE
886 posts EA Community Manager
edited July 10
8jpn492sqc6w.png

Incoming transmission!

We have a small update that is scheduled to be released for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II tomorrow, on July 11th.
Within this update, we will be including Milestones for both the Droideka and TX-130
__________________________________________________________________________________

Droideka Milestones
Name: Becoming the Droideka
Description: Play as the Droideka for 10 minutes

Name: On a Roll
Description: Spend 10 minutes in Wheel Form at high speed as the Droideka
__________________________________________________________________________________

TX-130 Milestones
Name: Trying the TX-130
Description: Play as the TX-130 for 10 minutes

Name: Charged and Ready
Description: Deal 10,000 damage to enemy vehicles using the TX-130

Additionally, in this update we will be introducing an option to purchase the 212th Recon Division, 41st Scout Battalion, 501st - Phase I, and Coruscant Guard - Phase I with Crystals. These bundles will have a 50% reduction over the individual appearance costs, meaning the 212th are available for 1,000 crystals, the 41st for 2,000 crystals and the 501st and the Coruscant Guard will be available for 300 crystals.

A number of fixes, tweaks, and improvements will also be implemented in this update. For full details, see below.
As we mentioned back at EA Play, there will be no content update this month. It will be business as usual in August when we’ll be back with not only the next content update but all the details on what's in store for Star Wars Battlefront II throughout the rest of 2019.

We hope you all have an incredible summer!

— The Star Wars Battlefront II team

RELEASE NOTES
  • Added new Community Quests to take place over July. The new quests will unlock animated Victory Poses and new Voice Lines for Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Darth Maul, and General Grievous.
  • Added new Phase I Trooper bundles for all Legions.
  • Fixed an issue where a round on Starfighter Assault and Hero Showdown could begin and end without the player number criteria having been successfully met.
HEROES AND VILLAINS
  • Fixed a visual issue where impact VFX would incorrectly trigger, when playing as Vader and attacking while holding the Block button.
  • Fixed an issue where Vader’s Lightsaber would stop being visible when switching the lightsaber off before throwing it against an opponent.
  • Visual tech animation improvements to the chestplate of the General Kenobi appearance.
  • Fixed an issue where sprinting or dashing while Count Dooku’s Duelist ability was active, would reset the ability’s animation speed.
  • Community Request: Changed Finn’s Covert Leader Star Card to take effect whenever Finn defeats an enemy.
  • Community Request: Obi-Wan Kenobi is now immune to enemy Force abilities while performing All-Out Push.
REINFORCEMENTS AND VEHICLE
  • Fixed a visual issue where the Droideka's energy shield would not be visible when in the Squad Spawn screen, after joining a game already in progress.
  • Added Milestones for the Droideka and TX-130.
  • Fixed an issue where the AT-ST could occasionally defeat heroes in one-shot.

MISC
  • Fixed an issue where the weapon would occasionally disappear after combat rolling and shooting at the same time, when in first-person view.
Known Issues
  • Because of an issue that came up late in the process, the “Charged and Ready” Milestone is not accurately tracking dealt damage. The issue will be resolved in the next update.
  • Kylo Ren’s Pull ability can still interrupt Obi-Wan’s All-Out Push. This will be changed in the next update.
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• Cool! Maybe one challenge skin...? Like for completing all the other challenges?
  • What about the issue where Grievous doesn't get rewarded 1000 credits after leveling up under level 40? Or has that issue been fixed already?
  • anidriX
    1142 posts Member
    edited July 10
    F8RGE wrote: »
    • Fixed an issue where a round on Starfighter Assault and Hero Showdown could begin and end without the player number criteria having been successfully met.
    • Fixed an issue where sprinting or dashing while Count Dooku’s Duelist ability was active, would reset the ability’s animation speed.
    • Community Request: Changed Finn’s Covert Leader Star Card to take effect whenever Finn defeats an enemy.
    • Community Request: Obi-Wan Kenobi is now immune to enemy Force abilities while performing All-Out Push.

I am very grateful for these. Thanks!
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    [*] Community Request: Obi-Wan Kenobi is now immune to enemy Force abilities while performing All-Out Push.[/list]

this one I'm happy with. i JUST finished a game where i was **** on best dooku shocked my while charging the ability. however, i did legitimize it with "high risk high reward". all out push is pretty powerful.
    [*] Fixed an issue where the AT-ST could occasionally defeat heroes in one-shot.[/list]

this one should make a few people happy. there was a couple threads about this. unfortunately, i never got to one-shot anyone lol
  • PS4 is now experiencing some drift as well.

Well more accurately, it's basically aimbot using 3rd person and the enemies are far away. It kept sticking to people on Geonosis who were easily 200yds away, and not aiming at the guy in front of me. Very weird.
  • Eh, okay update
  • DRW15
    7 posts Member
    Have a good holiday Dev's
    ThetaYota
  • Piggl3_blast3r
    430 posts Member
    edited July 10
    Another force immunity ability? Leave some aspect of skill please.

Other than that, good update
    Hech4Lyf!
  • Nice that obi wan's push will get a buff
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    8jpn492sqc6w.png

Incoming transmission!

We have a small update that is scheduled to be released for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II tomorrow, on July 11th.
    Within this update, we will be including Milestones for both the Droideka and TX-130

Droideka Milestones
    Name: Becoming the Droideka
    Description: Play as the Droideka for 10 minutes

Name: On a Roll
    Description: Spend 10 minutes in Wheel Form at high speed as the Droideka

TX-130 Milestones
    Name: Trying the TX-130
    Description: Play as the TX-130 for 10 minutes

Name: Charged and Ready
    Description: Deal 10,000 damage to enemy vehicles using the TX-130

Additionally, in this update we will be introducing an option to purchase the 212th Recon Division, 41st Scout Battalion, 501st - Phase I, and Coruscant Guard - Phase I with Crystals. These bundles will have a 50% reduction over the individual appearance costs, meaning the 212th are available for 1,000 crystals, the 41st for 2,000 crystals and the 501st and the Coruscant Guard will be available for 300 crystals.

A number of fixes, tweaks, and improvements will also be implemented in this update. For full details, see below.
    As we mentioned back at EA Play, there will be no content update this month. It will be business as usual in August when we’ll be back with not only the next content update but all the details on what's in store for Star Wars Battlefront II throughout the rest of 2019.

We hope you all have an incredible summer!

— The Star Wars Battlefront II team

RELEASE NOTES
    • Added new Community Quests to take place over July. The new quests will unlock animated Victory Poses and new Voice Lines for Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Darth Maul, and General Grievous.
    • Added new Phase I Trooper bundles for all Legions.
    HEROES AND VILLAINS
    • Fixed a visual issue where impact VFX would incorrectly trigger, when playing as Vader and attacking while holding the Block button.
    • Fixed an issue where Vader’s Lightsaber would stop being visible when switching the lightsaber off before throwing it against an opponent.
    • Visual tech animation improvements to the chestplate of the General Kenobi appearance.
    REINFORCEMENTS AND VEHICLE
    • Fixed a visual issue where the Droideka's energy shield would not be visible when in the Squad Spawn screen, after joining a game already in progress.
    • Added Milestones for the Droideka and TX-130.

MISC
    • Fixed an issue where the weapon would occasionally disappear after combat rolling and shooting at the same time, when in first-person view.
    Known Issues
    • Because of an issue that came up late in the process, the “Charged and Ready” Milestone is not accurately tracking dealt damage. The issue will be resolved in the next update.
    • Kylo Ren’s Pull ability can still interrupt Obi-Wan’s All-Out Push. This will be changed in the next update.

Finnaly dookus dualist will work
  • My crosshairs still disappears as a officer from time to time. It’s also bizarre how finicky placing turrets is.
  • I like the update very much however the AT-RT needs a buff in damage and aim/target locking, also remove the pilot health bar. That or change the reticle. Also I know you guys keep getting requests from the community on weapons would you like help from the community on that?
  • LMAO, when I read courasnt guard I saw naboo royal guard. LMAO, I'm so dumb.
  • thorzhammers
    467 posts Member
    edited July 10
    Nice updates to Obi and Finn.

Would love to see a fourth ability for Finn, maybe the melee weapon he fought Phasma with in TLJ, (don't know what that weapon is called), but Finn is kinda boring to use which is why he was my last character to get to level 25.

Looking forward to reading the future plans devs, keep it up team👍👍
  • Chico
    446 posts Member
    Community request: fix Obi-Wans dodge & nerf his mind trick

How many alt accounts are you running atm???
  • unit900000
    3496 posts Member
    Grevious should be immune to force while in claw rush

these things need to happen.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Chico wrote: »

How many alt accounts are you running atm???

Wym? Only got 1 account
  • Thanks for the fix on Starfighter Assault. Even with this bug lots of people kept playing this mode, it definitely deserve more love from devs (and contents)
  • Yoda,s star card release the force says he only gets health back on a kill when defeating an enemy with unleashed. I thought all cards were being changed from requiring a specific type of kill. Can someone clarify?
  • When are you going to fix the known issue of the game not launching from Origin? Why am I constantly clearing the cache, verifying files, and deleting settings?

Known Issues
    [/quote]

• Did they fix the crash that happens during the cutscene in between ground phase and ship phase of CS? Seems to happen whenever the match goes longer than an hour. Last time it happened to me I had over 56,000 BP's, and I was only using troopers.
  • Hey, I'm not sure if this is a small thing but can we get the N1 starfighter offline. It's by far my favorite starfighter but its only available in heroes vs villains and Naboo GA and I would love to mess around with it offline. Love the game
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Is there any news at all on the Xbox aim drag problem? Please can you guys just find a way to express to us roughly where your at on it and how long you think it might take to fix? Just give us something more than telling us your aware of it please. It's easily one of the most frustrating parts of the game currently and it's been around long enough (many months) for us to really begin to wonder if it will ever be fixed now.

It's something we are still working on. Closer to a fix but don't have any time frame right now. It's one of those issues that doesn't have a simple solution I'm afraid.

Ok, thanks for replying. But can we get a little more info on things like how it sits on the list of priorities? Is it at the top when it comes to bug fixes, and how many people are working on it for how many days a month? It's been a very long time for such a major problem to stay around. More transparency would help a lot of us (assuming it's good news). It's just the same as waiting in traffic, it's annoying as hell, but for some reason when you find out what is causing the delay, it is calming.
  • Blue lasers are still deflected red just a reminder.
  • happy, that the SFA bug is fixed, but the CS bug does not receive a hotfix then?
  • eh can we make Yoda gain health on defeat too?

he's now the only hero that does not gain health on defeat (other than the 2 villains who gain health by tickling enemies)
  • Where is the CS hotfix?
  • New_Roosterman
    532 posts Member
    edited July 11
    Fixed an issue where a round on Starfighter Assault and Hero Showdown could begin and end without the player number criteria having been successfully met.

Hurray! Thank you :)
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Please fix Hero Starfighters,while waiting for teams to be balanced, I get removed for being idle too long.
  • We should be able to see our records like the first BF. Will that ever happen?

I have downloaded the patch and I tested it by sitting in a nigh empty lobby. After sitting there for 6 minutes the lobby started to fill, but at no time did the game try and start with less than the minimum number of players. Looks like this patch has fixed the bug. DOUBLE HOORAY!!! :)
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • How are people still posting in this thread when it says "closed"?
  • Psy3d
    867 posts Member
    edited July 11
    Count Dooku is extra broken now when in Duelist mode...he can't even swing at random or block. Plus he slows down or has a senior moment after first 2 swings. Good work breaking him even more :D
    Post edited by Psy3d on
  • F8RGE
    886 posts EA Community Manager
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Where is the CS hotfix?

We have a fix on the way for that, believe we've found the culprit.
  • Wish they’d make all heroes immune to ALL damage during these blasted animations!
  • How is available for crystals only a cost reduction?
  • Socks
    1 posts Member
    Add a server browser PLEASE
  • droidiscool
    1 posts Member
    edited July 11
    Community Request: I would like to see a change/nerf with General Grievous’s “claw rush,” because when standing a couple feet away you are still affected. I would also like to see a change/nerf with Yodas, “dash” ability being able to go through blocks because when you’re low on health and the only thing you can do is block and you’re waiting for the regen but then Yoda comes along and kills you. And since hero’s and villains are 4K credits I believe they should not be able to go through blocks unless you are willing to increase the amounts of credits for some hero’s like you have in the past.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!