criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Anakin is very underwhelming in HvV.

Prev1
The hero who was very very balanced in this game mode has been reduced to a character without a role & is almost boring to play as( like most of the light side heroes) his heroic might is just a glorified repulse. He was originally a high damage hero who was good against villains now he's a hero who doesn't fit the high damage role nor is he a great offensive character.

Passionate Strike

This move in its current state is meme tier against heroes. Here's the description of the move. 614p3x8s0xw7.jpg
He unleashes a heavy strike that does high damage. The upward swing does 40 damage so the move only does 130 damage if the 1st hit doesn't connect. 130 damage for a HIGH damage move. Since the move is so slow & hard to use for its true purpose most players use it like this

His " block breaker is only useful when opponents aren't blocking. & when used for its true purpose the results are like this

As you can see the Anakin landed the 40 damage hit & that was it. This move is easily dodged & really leaves anakin with 2 moves at all times in hero modes.

This move doesn't break blocks!!!
Instead this move goes through blocks there's a difference & here's a video showing the difference.

Notice how han & iden when using detonite charge & stun droid hard staggers the enemy allowing them to get shots in? That's a block breaker Here's anakin

As you can see anakins passionate strike doesn't break blocks & acts similarly to Han's shoulder charge. Here's the description of his shoulder charge
rdmw4mxx0309.jpg
It damages & staggers enemies.
Here's a comparison of both moves

As you can see both moves have the same affect on enemies yet only 1 is classified as a block breaker. Passionate strike needs it original 210 damage & a increase speed. The original damage of the move was fine it only did 10 more damage than Han's detonite charge just 10 more & the damage was nerfed why? A 250 strike that requires him to get up close and personal to connect with was nerfed but, a 240 not dodgeable or blockable ability than can be thrown isn't nerfed?

Heroic Might
This move was nerfed into the ground against heroes. 90 damage against heroes. It's only good when using a card & is a glorified repulse now. If you don't have the increased damage card players aren't even worried about this move any more they'll continue to shoot you without fear. He is supposed to be a heavy hitter yet he only does 70 damage with pull, 90 with heroic might, 170 with passionate & 130 base swing. He hardly hits hard. Heroic Might should do 130 base damage against heroes for a total of 180 against heroes with cards. Anakin just isn't strong against heroes. He's still good or okay in HvV but the more I play with him he's just another boring hero the lightside has. You nerfed him so much he's boring in the mode he was fine in.

Replies

• Sounds fair I guess
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    So much this thread. But they had to appease the vocal minority/streamers so you have a former shell of Anakin
  • he still has 3 knockdowns. I think he’s meant to be a area denial/ disrupter hero now instead of a damage dealer.
    Hech4Lyf!
  • DarthLando
    1272 posts Member
    I can still do pretty well with him, as I’m sure you can to, as he still has good saber damage, health, & pretty decent CC with his pull & HM. But yeah...its not the same. He went from the undeniable MVP to a nice support character. Underwhelming, indeed.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • he still has 3 knockdowns. I think he’s meant to be a area denial/ disrupter hero now instead of a damage dealer.

He has 2 knockdowns. In HvV retribution is a ability that no matter how good you are will only have twice maybe at best 3 times a game so he only ever had 2 knockdowns at hand. Well seeing as the original disruptor hero was made into a hack & spam fest hero now (luke) I don't see why anakin can't be the original damage dealer he was. The only real damage dealer on the lightside is Han whereas the darkside has vader, kylo, dooku, grevious, & boba.
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    I can still do pretty well with him, as I’m sure you can to, as he still has good saber damage, health, & pretty decent CC with his pull & HM. But yeah...its not the same. He went from the undeniable MVP to a nice support character. Underwhelming, indeed.

Yeah you can do well with him & because of the reasons you just mentioned. Like you said it's just not the same. Oh he's doing heroic might no biggie I'll just shoot him it's not like he's gonna do decent damage. They overnerfed this guy
  • Passionate Strike was nerfed before anything else. Now that everything else has been tweaked, this original nerf no longer makes sense. Anakin was ridiculously out of control when he released. He’s in a decent spot now, but I agree on Passionate Strike. With everything else as it is, PS should revert back to its original state.
  • Passionate Strike was nerfed before anything else. Now that everything else has been tweaked, this original nerf no longer makes sense. Anakin was ridiculously out of control when he released. He’s in a decent spot now, but I agree on Passionate Strike. With everything else as it is, PS should revert back to its original state.

The Passionate strike move really gets me. I'd be fine with his other stats if this move wasn't so bad. The knock down should be for when someone is actually blocking. It was a great counter to block happy vaders
  • OcDoc
    1868 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »
    He is still one of the best in HvV.

I see no reason for modification at this point. The final round of nerfs pretty much got him where he should be.

I saw no reason for a luke swing speed increase or yoda having a dash breaking ability. There's always need for improvements & anakin needs improvements. Trash passionate strike & a ability that does 90 damage & can't be performed when melee'd is far from where he should be.

That’s fair. I suppose passionate strike could be a little more effective. I am glad it doesn’t knock down and that it does damage through blocks but it can be challenging getting it to connect and the animation is a little slow and clunky. Maybe they could just speed up the animation and increase the damage a tick.

Yeah Anakin is a light side Kylo now. He’s more of an offensive support hero.
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Oh be quite, I'm sorry your one button auto win hero is not the same anymore. I am glad every round of HvV does not contain Anakin now. Skill is finally required to use him, like the way it should have been since his release.

Btw when was he ever a one button auto win hero in HvV besides his launch? Skill was required in HvV once his strike was nerfed.

The Passionate strike move really gets me. I'd be fine with his other stats if this move wasn't so bad. The knock down should be for when someone is actually blocking. It was a great counter to block happy vaders

Absolutely. With the severe, and appropriate, damage nerfs that Anakin has received, PS should be reverted back, with knockdown and damage.
  • OcDoc
    1868 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Oh be quite, I'm sorry your one button auto win hero is not the same anymore. I am glad every round of HvV does not contain Anakin now. Skill is finally required to use him, like the way it should have been since his release.

Says the person that isn't skilled at the game at all. Whenever I'm anakin I usually do win. He's still a auto win whenever I have him. 2pwmot919ui1.png

I think similar things but it isn’t true because I think I am an “auto win” with Vader or Iden or maybe even Kylo. But how can there be an “auto win” on both sides of the coin. That simply isn’t true and a misinterpretation.

He is just good. He isn’t a game winner unless the person playing him is a game winner.

Absolutely. With the severe, and appropriate, damage nerfs that Anakin has received, PS should be reverted back, with knockdown and damage.

I doubt they'll do it, to much blind anakin hate that remains. Playerbase would riot if Anakin got a single buff
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member

Says the person that isn't skilled at the game at all. Whenever I'm anakin I usually do win. He's still a auto win whenever I have him. 2pwmot919ui1.png

Lmfao, this is so stupid its funny. Yeah of course you know how I play, besides Anakin was always a one button auto win whether you like it or not.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif

Lmfao, this is so stupid its funny. Yeah of course you know how I play, besides Anakin was always a one button auto win whether you like it or not.

No you posted a vid on how boba is so good now when you beat a trash anakin in a 1v1 who didn't even block & you melee'd him to death. That right there told me all I need about how you play. So tell me what ability to you from full health to 0 & then tell me how idens stun, vaders choke, Boba's rockets, kylo's frenzy, Obi-Wans mind trick, landos stun, chewies stun, & detonite charge are not I win buttons? Get real with this auto win button crap like that can't be applied to every hero.

I doubt they'll do it, to much blind anakin hate that remains. Playerbase would riot if Anakin got a single buff

Yeah. With but a few exceptions, it’s generally mob rule around here. Good sense and reason are present, but not paramount. Well articulated drivel is very popular. Anakin needed nerfs, but reverting PS is a good move at this point.
  • Anakin is fine now, just stop complaining. He got nerfs where he needed nerfs. Just learn to improvise. You might not be able to use your passionate strike in every engagement, and that’s okay. That’s how many abilities work. Try this little combo for dealing with block holders: Basic Attack, Basic Attack, Passionate Strike. If i remember correctly, the third basic attack of Anakin’s combo is a longer animation, so Passionate strike is barely slower and it will break the block. As many others have said, Anakin is an offensive support hero. As much as I and many others wanted him to be a powerhouse like Maul, it’s just how stuff happens and you’ve gotta just deal with it.

@Darth_Vapor3 see what I mean blind anakin nonsense.
    I see it right there ^ ;)

• this_old_mouse
    744 posts Member
    edited July 10
    Passionate Strike was nerfed before anything else. Now that everything else has been tweaked, this original nerf no longer makes sense. Anakin was ridiculously out of control when he released. He’s in a decent spot now, but I agree on Passionate Strike. With everything else as it is, PS should revert back to its original state.

He never got a single nerf to his Pull, HM, Passionate Strike combo besides maybe a small damage nerf. So you bring back the knockdown on PS and you have nearly launch state Anakin combos again. I have no clue why the heck you would want those back again.

• Anakin is fine now, just stop complaining. He got nerfs where he needed nerfs. Just learn to improvise. You might not be able to use your passionate strike in every engagement, and that’s okay. That’s how many abilities work. Try this little combo for dealing with block holders: Basic Attack, Basic Attack, Passionate Strike. If i remember correctly, the third basic attack of Anakin’s combo is a longer animation, so Passionate strike is barely slower and it will break the block. As many others have said, Anakin is an offensive support hero. As much as I and many others wanted him to be a powerhouse like Maul, it’s just how stuff happens and you’ve gotta just deal with it.

So go look at hans stats & compare them to anakins like I just did. With the logic that the playerbase has Han is op & his detonite charge needs a nerf. A ability that does over 200 plus damage guaranteed can't be block or dodged & you can say passionate strike wasn't overnerfed? Now if you notice han out dps all saber heroes including anakin so with that logic han is too powerful. Seeing as how he does 304 damage in 2 headshots & 80 damage per body hit, a 150 damage through block move & a 200 plus block breaker. Now if I gave them stats to anakin you'd say he's op would you not?

You can't get headshots with a lightsaber. Checkmate
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4163 posts Member
    edited July 10
    Passionate Strike was nerfed before anything else. Now that everything else has been tweaked, this original nerf no longer makes sense. Anakin was ridiculously out of control when he released. He’s in a decent spot now, but I agree on Passionate Strike. With everything else as it is, PS should revert back to its original state.

He never got a single nerf to his Pull, HM, Passionate Strike combo besides maybe a small damage nerf. So you bring back the knockdown on PS and you have nearly launch state Anakin combos again. I have no clue why the heck you would want those back again.

His pull was always fine. Honestly, I’m not really a fan of Anakin in general, but this is an Anakin thread and I’m just participating. This is the move I would make, but I won’t be bothered at all if nothing changed.

PS is a near useless ability. Completely useless against a skilled opponent. All of Anakins real damage comes from his base attacks so it just seems appropriate for his ability that’s a saber attack actually be more viable. It’s extremely slow so...

Also, HM needs to lose the charge up effect at this point, since it’s not charging up anything anymore. It’s an improved Repulse now. That’s it, and that’s fine.

So go look at hans stats & compare them to anakins like I just did. With the logic that the playerbase has Han is op & his detonite charge needs a nerf. A ability that does over 200 plus damage guaranteed can't be block or dodged & you can say passionate strike wasn't overnerfed? Now if you notice han out dps all saber heroes including anakin so with that logic han is too powerful. Seeing as how he does 304 damage in 2 headshots & 80 damage per body hit, a 150 damage through block move & a 200 plus block breaker. Now if I gave them stats to anakin you'd say he's op would you not?

Trade the headshots for saber damage damage of 165 like he originally had & you see han out dps him

Uhm yes he did. His combo allowed him to do over 600 damage & now his combo does 360. I dont want the knockdown but do you know what a deterrent is? Anakin's knock down was a deterrent for block spam now it's just a useless ability that players don't care if they get hit by unless theyre at 10 health
  • Chico
    416 posts Member
    Agree Ani is not the Chosen One any longer in HvV. Yoda and Han are better picks, and probably more. But if they can't balance him separately in HvV and GA/CS I would take the current situation over instant win button pushes any day.
  • unit900000
    3376 posts Member
    he is in a good spot right now I used to believe you when you said passionate strike was useless but honestly I use it fairly well its fine as it is and Anakin is still one of the best heroes in HvV id never let my team go without him if they dont pick him I pick him (I tend to fill when playing letting my team pick whatever unless im playing with randoms and need to carry)

lets focus on heroes that actually need a buff Anakin is in a fine spot right now when his abilities actually dont glitch out.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000
    3376 posts Member
    Leia, Rey and Chewy all needs buffs more then anyone else on the light side we should be focusing on them.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

Trade the headshots for saber damage damage of 165 like he originally had & you see han out dps him

Sure, but Han's skill ceiling is higher. It takes way more skill and consistency to land those headshot. I'm not saying saber users don't require skill because they definitely do, but it doesn't take as much skill and focus as it does to play well with a blaster. It's pretty rare that I run into a good Han player who can dish out the damage quickly and effectively.

Knowing how to aim is a basic requirement in all shooters. Any ways the problem isn't Han I'm just using him as a example & comparing his damage to anakins. Han & anakin where neck and neck when it came to damage output. 2 body shots from han is 160 damage just 5 off from anakins original 165 damage. Then compare his right ability, Hans detonite charge is 200 without cards & can be thrown & cant be blocked or dodged. Now compare that to anakins right ability where he has to be in your face to do 210 without cards & can be dodged. With cards han does 240 to anakins 250. See what I mean those 2 have very similar block breaking moves & damage yet his strike was heavily nerfed in the damage department. Overall anakin is still good but, his heroic might & Passionate where overnerfed. 400 damage for heroic was to much but 90 damage, really????
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    he is in a good spot right now I used to believe you when you said passionate strike was useless but honestly I use it fairly well its fine as it is and Anakin is still one of the best heroes in HvV id never let my team go without him if they dont pick him I pick him (I tend to fill when playing letting my team pick whatever unless im playing with randoms and need to carry)

lets focus on heroes that actually need a buff Anakin is in a fine spot right now when his abilities actually dont glitch out.

Bingo

Sure, but Han's skill ceiling is higher. It takes way more skill and consistency to land those headshot. I'm not saying saber users don't require skill because they definitely do, but it doesn't take as much skill and focus as it does to play well with a blaster. It's pretty rare that I run into a good Han player who can dish out the damage quickly and effectively.

Knowing how to aim is a basic requirement in all shooters. Any ways the problem isn't Han I'm just using him as a example & comparing his damage to anakins. Han & anakin where neck and neck when it came to damage output. 2 body shots from han is 160 damage just 5 off from anakins original 165 damage. Then compare his right ability, Hans detonite charge is 200 without cards & can be thrown & cant be blocked or dodged. Now compare that to anakins right ability where he has to be in your face to do 210 without cards & can be dodged. With cards han does 240 to anakins 250. See what I mean those 2 have very similar block breaking moves & damage yet his strike was heavily nerfed in the damage department. Overall anakin is still good but, his heroic might & Passionate where overnerfed. 400 damage for heroic was to much but 90 damage, really????

Yeah I'll agree that they went a little overboard on his nerfs. I dont think PS needs to be how it was at launch, just do a little more damage and make the animation faster and more fluid. As for HM, I think they just need to up the base damage of it, seeing as the damage can't be increased by taking damage anymore.

It's to slow & predictable to hit someone reliably with. In the 4v4s we've done I can count on 1 hand how many times I used that move & still did well. I could use leia's flash grenade fairly well that doesnt mean the ability will stop being meme tier.

Yeah I'll agree that they went a little overboard on his nerfs. I dont think PS needs to be how it was at launch, just do a little more damage and make the animation faster and more fluid. As for HM, I think they just need to up the base damage of it, seeing as the damage can't be increased by taking damage anymore.

That's all I'm saying. Nothing game breaking or overpowered just give him a little boost

It's to slow & predictable to hit someone reliably with. In the 4v4s we've done I can count on 1 hand how many times I used that move & still did well. I could use leia's flash grenade fairly well that doesnt mean the ability will stop being meme tier.

I have killed plenty of low health heroes with it in 4v4s so your experience differs from mine. Lol her flash is so bad I forget it exists and never bother using it passionate strike> Leias flash.
  • Yep, I agreed. I said it before, they nerfed to near uselessness.
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    8085 posts Member
    edited July 10
    Chico wrote: »
    Agree Ani is not the Chosen One any longer in HvV. Yoda and Han are better picks, and probably more. But if they can't balance him separately in HvV and GA/CS I would take the current situation over instant win button pushes any day.

I'd take Yoda, Han, & Luke over Anakin. Now it's fine that they're all viable heroes just 2 of his moves where overnerfed. Yeah I find him beyond balanced in GA like damn he is one balanced character in that mode. In HvV I'm just like ehhh you're good still but 1 ability is useless & if I don't have a card then heroic might is bad that's 2 abilities right there.
    Post edited by Thechosen1_anakin on
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member

No you posted a vid on how boba is so good now when you beat a trash anakin in a 1v1 who didn't even block & you melee'd him to death. That right there told me all I need about how you play. So tell me what ability to you from full health to 0 & then tell me how idens stun, vaders choke, Boba's rockets, kylo's frenzy, Obi-Wans mind trick, landos stun, chewies stun, & detonite charge are not I win buttons? Get real with this auto win button crap like that can't be applied to every hero.

Oh my gosh that was just one video I recorded, it was just showing that most Anakin players are cluelss. That in term just proves my point why y'all are whining about Anakin because he requires skill now, and the skilless can't keep up.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif

Oh my gosh that was just one video I recorded, it was just showing that most Anakin players are cluelss. That in term just proves my point why y'all are whining about Anakin because he requires skill now, and the skilles can't keep up.

Skill? Saber hero? Battlefront? Jk true

Oh my gosh that was just one video I recorded, it was just showing that most Anakin players are cluelss. That in term just proves my point why y'all are whining about Anakin because he requires skill now, and the skilles can't keep up.

Nah in the post you said boba is so good he can even take on anakin. Trying to show yo oh so good anakin killing skills. He's required skill since the march nerf patch & no see the picture above I still do well with him even though his Passionate strike is meme tier.

Judging from the video I can do quite well with him even went against a forum member & his friend. So tell me how I finished 21 & 5 & have trouble with him?
  • Yep, I agreed. I said it before, they nerfed to near uselessness.

Im not saying hes useless just he's just underwhelming.
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member

Re: Forum stole my post.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif

No cause you said boba is soooo good now he can take anakin blase blah. You thought no one would remember & now you wanna say such & such. Anyways like I said he has required skill since the March nerf to strike. I seem to have the skill part down now as you can see below I was up against a forum member & his friend yet still got more points than everybody in the lobby by a big margin

& if you don't wanna see the close game theirs the stat line
    1ydcpmg0vjyj.png

You need me to post the perfect game with him or no

No cause you said boba is soooo good now he can take anakin blase blah. You thought no one would remember & now you wanna say such & such. Anyways like I said he has required skill since the March nerf to strike. I seem to have the skill part down now as you can see below I was up against a forum member & his friend yet still got more points than everybody in the lobby by a big margin

& if you don't wanna see the close game theirs the stat line
    1ydcpmg0vjyj.png

You need me to post the perfect game with him or no

No kap I ran into @Indiana_Jim and @mistuh j earlier