criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Medical Class Discussion

Llunots
379 posts Member
edited September 2018
Here is my idea of a medical class for the game. The Officer would no longer have the ability to give 100 HP. Let me know your thoughts about it.

Medic Class:
1: Medical Suply : Gives Bonus 200 HP to anyone who collects it. The effect is permanent. The Player cant take another medical suply when still has bonus Health. (Droids leave a battery suply, to make sense) (The Medic cant take it for himself) (Can be destroyed by the enemy)

2: Direct Intervention: Regen full Health of any trooper, hero, reinforcement, every 25HP/second. (cooldown 55 seconds)

3: Bacta Bomb: A grenade that covers an area and gives 100 HP in total in a process that takes 5 seconds.
(Droids get a diferent grenade type, same effect)

toodr6kfa281.jpg

Optional
  • Special Boost Star Card: For every trooper you heal you get 10,17,24,35 Points.
  • Star Cards: Medical Droid: Gives 10HP/second for an infinite time. Can be destroyed. (2,4,6,10 Damage
  • Reduction if you are in the area of effect) (replaces Bacta Bomb)
cvzsbl0iidib.jpg

• Enhanced Direct Intervention (Cooldown reduction: 5,10,15,25 seconds less)
  • Enhanced Bacta Bomb (5,4,3,2 to make the effect)
  • Enhanced Medical Suply (200Hp,220,230,250HP)
  • Profesional Medic (For 10 seconds all your healing abilites give 25% more Health, and the Medic Health regen
    takes a 25% less time) (10,11,12,14) seconds. (replaces medical suply)
  • False Friend (Medical suply doesnt heal, but takes HP from any trooper, like a dioxis gas) (100,130,150,200HP)
    (replaces medical suply)
  • Defence Droid (A droid, with 30HP, that follows you an attacks nearby enemies with a blaster pistol, 7HP/shot)
    ( 30HP,7HP/shot, 50HP,10HP/shot, 70HP,15HP/shot)
    (replaces bacta Bomb)
  • Hight Technology Detector (A detector that allow you to see who has low Health (if the Player looks red
    means less than 50%HP, if the Player looks blue means more than 50% HP)
    (duration 40 seconds, (40,50,60,75) (replaces Bacta Bomb)
  1. Defender Pistol (a less powerful defender pistol than Leias' one) (duration 5 seconds (5,6,7,9) (replaces Direct Intervention)
Medic Troopers:
5lt96dmw802u.jpg

a177cdy8gv1o.jpg

gktxmqyg856c.png

Replies

• Sorry for the presentation, im not good at it.
  • I really like this idea! I was just thinking the other day how a medic class should be considered. It would work perfectly with the focus of squads staying together in the new system coming.
  • There’s zero chance that this will be implemented, but this game would be a lot better with your concept in it.
  • These kind of ideas are not practical and would change the game way too much. Not that it's a bad idea, decent idea, and well thought out. But be realistic with your suggestions, not that devs actually base there development decision based on what we say. All though, about 90% of my suggestions, even down to lighting in menus and saber look has been changed. So who the batha fodder knows, maybe it could happen.
  • GrayOne wrote: »
    These kind of ideas are not practical and would change the game way too much. Not that it's a bad idea, decent idea, and well thought out. But be realistic with your suggestions, not that devs actually base there development decision based on what we say. All though, about 90% of my suggestions, even down to lighting in menus and saber look has been changed. So who the batha fodder knows, maybe it could happen.

True
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1539 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I love this idea.
    A class very easy to do.

The bacta bomb and the FX-3 medical assistant droid are indispensable.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I don't really know that this is needed in a casual game with no revives and automatic, fairly fast health regen tbh. Not saying the ideas are bad - although maybe a permanent 200 bonus health is maybe a bit much, perhaps make it like hero health buffs where it diminishes over time - but I just don't know if the class is really needed. Especially as the Officer generally plays a medic role fairly well with Presence and Battle Command.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • I agree it isnt necesary, the Officer already does some kind of a medic/engineer role, but i think would make a fine addition and would create a new playstyle.
  • Bacta bomb recover the max health at an instant + other protections. With the officer the troopers must stay at the front and near.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Why not just bring back the bacta bomb period? Ijs
  • miss the Bacta Bomb days
  • Lyc4n
    1496 posts Member
    A medic class would be amazing, another way for them to add new weapons and skins. They could make different abilities and heals around 1 build which would have a big heals but for one person and another build which would be much smaller heals but would affect everyone near you. 

This means a medic could make a big difference in a small squad, or could make a large overall difference in choke points or on objectives surrounded by many players. 

What weapons would they have though? 
  • Good question!

In my opinion: pistols

Because there are many possible pistols that now these doesn't used. 

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Lyc4n
    1496 posts Member
    Good question!

In my opinion: pistols

Because there are many possible pistols that now these doesn't used. 
    We normally see then with a basic assault rifle dont we? I think they should try to be different from officers as much as possible because people already like to associate the officer as the healer even though they are just buffers
  • bfloo
    16077 posts Member
    The bacta bomb was bad in the last game, let it die peacefully. 
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    Haha I read “medical class discussion” and though to myself “why is this guy wanting to talk about medicine on this forum?”

brb need coffee. 
  • SrawDawg
    1013 posts Member
    Maybe a medic class then.

And give the officer engineer like abilities to repair vehicles and turrets.