criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Maybe we need to lower our content expectations and appreciate what we have

Prev13
Personally I think from here on out we expect NOTHING. The live service is clearly for CW. As a few people have said we may get episode 9 stuff if support goes on that long. 

For a game well over a year old I'm still enjoying GA and SA which tbf is pretty amazing. 
My preferred hero's to play are Luke, Rey, maul and Vader.... All in game from launch. 

The live service and updates from my point of view has been a total waste of time. Nothing has dropped post launch to get me hooked like GA and SA. CS is a huge disappointment. After all the hype droidekas were just an anti climax bringing very little original game play. Although i totally like then being here, they make the PT matches look very authentic.

We have a new CW planet coming which, from what I can see, again brings nothing new other than pretty coloured plants. 

I think for the majority of us we just expect nothing new, enjoy what we have and if anything happens to the contrary look at it as a bonus.

Would be interested in your thoughts agree or disagree?

Replies

• Cadoth
    1212 posts Member
    I stopped caring about the type of content that we’re getting a long time ago, I mean preferences aside I’m good with what we have right now and what we’re gonna get in the future as long as the game is being supported 
  • Any content is good content. That's the way I've seen it since launch. Visually and audibly the game is excellent, so much detail has been put into the game. Rogue One content (Scarif, Krennic and Jyn) was the one thing I was really hoping for that I feel ain't gonna make it to the game sadly.
  • Any content is good content. 
    Hmm. I see what you're saying but not sure I agree with that. New Content implemented poorly can cause bugs, ruin balance and waste time. All of which we have seen examples of in my opinion. 
  • Lyc4n
    1661 posts Member
    I think any content that increases the number of players is good for the game. 
  • Any new content is welcome. Currently any new multiplayer game is dead if devs don't add new contents habitually. This game has many possibilities of new contents to add. The Star Wars Universe is big. In this moment the possibility of a Battlefront 3 is low, because until 2 years from now the new consoles don,t be launched.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Versatti
    2201 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    The big tell tale sign for me is how little I play vs BF2015. I’m OT biased so I think ploughing all of the dev resource into a single era over the past 18 months was a huge mistake.

Being brutally honest and echoing @Empire_TW slightly, none of the post launch content has added much for me to be excited about. In fact when we got the Bespin administrators palace I for sure thought we’d see a trickle of the smaller game mode BF2015 maps. So that’s been a bit of a disappointment thus far.

That said, its not all doom and gloom, I’ve slowly warmed to the CW era and CS (having not played the original BF games) was a welcome addition for me. I think it shats all over GA, which has always been a poor mans Walker Assault in my opinion. 
  • bfloo
    16659 posts Member
    Any content is good content. 
    Hmm. I see what you're saying but not sure I agree with that. New Content implemented poorly can cause bugs, ruin balance and waste time. All of which we have seen examples of in my opinion. 
    Considering that we play guess the new bug every patch, they are doing something wrong when they add content.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Lyc4n
    1661 posts Member
    I think they should just keep adding content for whatever is relevant at the time in other media. So now that season 7 of clone wars is coming they wanted to make the CS experience for clone wars hence so much CW, when season 7 comes out many people will want to get out and exprience it and they will love it.

mandalorian and episode 9 can be ST content because people wil be hyped from this and want to play this era with the new troops. 

Then there is the Casian andor series that will come out so that will be OT content with reportedly the mondalorian already having a season 2 getting written.

then there is also the new trilogy which will be coming out, so that will be a whole new era to add (if they stick with battlefront 2 instead of making a battlefront 3)

Just keep adding whats relevant at the time and keep happy that there is more content coming, the more players and popular the game is, the more they will devote to the game, especially if they can start making some money and keep having community support.
  • Lyc4n said:
    I think they should just keep adding content for whatever is relevant at the time in other media. So now that season 7 of clone wars is coming they wanted to make the CS experience for clone wars hence so much CW, when season 7 comes out many people will want to get out and exprience it and they will love it.

mandalorian and episode 9 can be ST content because people wil be hyped from this and want to play this era with the new troops. 

Then there is the Casian andor series that will come out so that will be OT content with reportedly the mondalorian already having a season 2 getting written.

then there is also the new trilogy which will be coming out, so that will be a whole new era to add (if they stick with battlefront 2 instead of making a battlefront 3)

Just keep adding whats relevant at the time and keep happy that there is more content coming, the more players and popular the game is, the more they will devote to the game, especially if they can start making some money and keep having community support.
    I wouldn't disagree at all. That is definitely the future.

All  I would say is that content up to this period isnt covered  sufficiently. 

All content and game modes from battlefront 2015 should be in this sequel. Then moving forward into new areas doesn't feel so much of a step backwards. 

But you're right .. any content is better than none. If you done like it you don't have to use it I guess. Like  I never play CS anymore. But GA is great. So im still playing it. 

• I’ve accepted this is a mediocre to below average shooter at best, a 2nd tier battlefront game vs their otherwise great games, but it’3rd person, it’s still being worked, and it’s starwars, thats the only reason I play. Not sure why this is in bold print. 
    I find it quite enjoyable instead, as far as gameplay mechanics go, the game itself is too hero centric and unbalanced, but I find trooper play extremely fun. If you are wondering how it's possible, I hate one hit kill shooters like cod and battlefield, you have to soak some bullets in my opinion.
  • Lyc4n
    1661 posts Member
    I’ve accepted this is a mediocre to below average shooter at best, a 2nd tier battlefront game vs their otherwise great games, but it’3rd person, it’s still being worked, and it’s starwars, thats the only reason I play. Not sure why this is in bold print. 
    I find it quite enjoyable instead, as far as gameplay mechanics go, the game itself is too hero centric and unbalanced, but I find trooper play extremely fun. If you are wondering how it's possible, I hate one hit kill shooters like cod and battlefield, you have to soak some bullets in my opinion.
    I feel like the game is everything it wants to be, just a casual fun game for the fans, the more content the merrier. 

I think there should be competitive modes dont get me wrong, hvv could be competitive and so could games of only infantry but the bigger game modes should just be fun, i dont think every unit should just have an equal on the other side. As long as either team can win, its fine. 

• Lyc4n
    1661 posts Member
    On a content note though, maybe we should stop being so spoilt as a community and meeting in the middle with devs and understand they are understaffed. Theres a lot of people asking for a captain rex as a hero, this should not be the case, its too many resources for a character which has a huge following but not as much as others, especially when you can add it as a skin for arc trooper. 

Instead of asking for new heroes, we should ask for more skins for heroes which can make them cross era, give the enperor, a chancellor palpatine skin, maul a solo skin, obi wan an old ben skin, han leia luke should all get ST skins, especially if CS comes to other eras. 

Another middle ground through skins, add new characters, a lot of people want jango and padme but resources are very tight, they are both very similar to boba and leia so add them as skins, maybe add voicelines and a new weapon in the sense of boba but no need for all the new abilities and balancing/animations. 

Finally, the last idea for heroes would be to add a generic jedi hero with star cards being different abilities and put in skins for different jedi, also putting in a generic bounty hunter for the other side which could bring in different skins and both of these could span different eras. 

In terms of troopers, they should make it so that most (to not say every) ability and weapon accessible to reinforcements should be added to different classes through star cards and weapons were they are best suited and therefore they could just keep bringing reinforcements whilst adding content for infantry without having to specifically devote to one or the other. 

Many might consider these cheap ways to get content out but we need to realise the situation, stop complaining so much and be willing to overlook certain things so we can get a much larger amount of content overall because the devs can do it with less effort. 

What do you guys think?
  • Lyc4n said:
    On a content note though, maybe we should stop being so spoilt as a community and meeting in the middle with devs and understand they are understaffed. Theres a lot of people asking for a captain rex as a hero, this should not be the case, its too many resources for a character which has a huge following but not as much as others, especially when you can add it as a skin for arc trooper. 

Instead of asking for new heroes, we should ask for more skins for heroes which can make them cross era, give the enperor, a chancellor palpatine skin, maul a solo skin, obi wan an old ben skin, han leia luke should all get ST skins, especially if CS comes to other eras. 

Another middle ground through skins, add new characters, a lot of people want jango and padme but resources are very tight, they are both very similar to boba and leia so add them as skins, maybe add voicelines and a new weapon in the sense of boba but no need for all the new abilities and balancing/animations. 

Finally, the last idea for heroes would be to add a generic jedi hero with star cards being different abilities and put in skins for different jedi, also putting in a generic bounty hunter for the other side which could bring in different skins and both of these could span different eras. 

In terms of troopers, they should make it so that most (to not say every) ability and weapon accessible to reinforcements should be added to different classes through star cards and weapons were they are best suited and therefore they could just keep bringing reinforcements whilst adding content for infantry without having to specifically devote to one or the other. 

Many might consider these cheap ways to get content out but we need to realise the situation, stop complaining so much and be willing to overlook certain things so we can get a much larger amount of content overall because the devs can do it with less effort. 

What do you guys think?
    Can't say I usually agree with your points of view mate but I have to say you might be into something here. A lot of this solves the new hero/character constant arguments we see. I wouldn't have a problem with most of this.

The content I get most interested in is new game modes or improvements to game modes. Such as more eras in CS and we aren't getting many of them are we. 

Solving the clammer for new characters with skins makes sense to me. Let Devs work on better game modes. 
    Conquest? 😉
  • Lyc4n
    1661 posts Member
    Lyc4n said:

What do you guys think?
    Can't say I usually agree with your points of view mate but I have to say you might be into something here. A lot of this solves the new hero/character constant arguments we see. I wouldn't have a problem with most of this.

The content I get most interested in is new game modes or improvements to game modes. Such as more eras in CS and we aren't getting many of them are we. 

Solving the clammer for new characters with skins makes sense to me. Let Devs work on better game modes. 
    Conquest? 😉
    Haha yh glad we can finally agree on something. But yh, i also saw someones idea to make a mandalore map and make it cross era only having a few visual changes to the map for each era, i think all these ideas which really take away a tonne of development time for resources might be the middle ground we need for the community as a whole to be happy with the content output. Every map should also be used for one hvv game mode, an infantry only game mode as well as one of the big game modes at least.
  • I feel the biggest reason behind this game being a major restriction when it comes to OT content, are the new graphics and physics.

They had to make everything almost from scratch. So they had to mostly focus on "really new" content, hence the new eras. Look at OT maps, even them are completely new, to a point they don't even cover the film battles. Because 2015 already did. Should the game have the same graphics, most would have been ported !

That's why I am far from being excited over a Next-Gen Battlefront 3. We'll just fall into the same situation.
  • I feel the biggest reason behind this game being a major restriction when it comes to OT content, are the new graphics and physics.

They had to make everything almost from scratch. So they had to mostly focus on "really new" content, hence the new eras. Look at OT maps, even them are completely new, to a point they don't even cover the film battles. Because 2015 already did. Should the game have the same graphics, most would have been ported !

That's why I am far from being excited over a Next-Gen Battlefront 3. We'll just fall into the same situation.
    You would hope along the way mistakes get learnt from.  
  • I expect nearly nothing from them but I have wishes
  • rollind24
    5962 posts Member
    Right now there is no official news or confirmation of content. The next major new/update as to future content will be in August. So keep your eyes peeled and perhaps fingers crossed 
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Moojammin_10
    2902 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    rollind24 said:
    Right now there is no official news or confirmation of content. The next major new/update as to future content will be in August. So keep your eyes peeled and perhaps fingers crossed 

@IronSoldier response from the OT request thread. 😆😆

Sure, but to make Battlefront 3 an update, like 2005 was to 2004, we need ports, so the race to graphics would have to be put aside. I doubt it, at a time when almost everyone outside of Nintendo focuses on graphics.

Otherwise, they will again focus on what was not covered before.

I've said it somewhere else, but I think the best example of update this day would be Total War : Warhammer 2. A focus on new factions and a new continent, but with the possibility to play the factions of the 1st for those who have it ! A way to make your playtime and money in the 1st game worthy.
  • bfloo
    16659 posts Member
    I feel the biggest reason behind this game being a major restriction when it comes to OT content, are the new graphics and physics.

Sure, but to make Battlefront 3 an update, like 2005 was to 2004, we need ports, so the race to graphics would have to be put aside. I doubt it, at a time when almost everyone outside of Nintendo focuses on graphics.

I've said it somewhere else, but I think the best example of update this day would be Total War : Warhammer 2. A focus on new factions and a new continent, but with the possibility to play the factions of the 1st for those who have it ! A way to make your playtime and money in the 1st game worthy.
    The focus on graphics is part of the problem.

We had better features years ago and less lag than we do now, despite better processors and connection speeds.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo said:
    I feel the biggest reason behind this game being a major restriction when it comes to OT content, are the new graphics and physics.

The focus on graphics is part of the problem.

We had better features years ago and less lag than we do now, despite better processors and connection speeds.
    I think these are really good points. Games in general, including this one seem to compromise gameplay for graphics. 

There's no way gameplay from games 10 years ago should be better than today but it's seen across so many titles. 
  • I’ve never seen a game with this much potential (graphics) with this little care or love 
  • Empire_TW
    6861 posts Member
    rollind24 said:
    That's the real sad part. 

We've been hearing "more on this later", "soon", and "more to come" since February 2018.

They even released their pathetic "open" and "nonlinear" mode and we are still here wanting a big mode that is actually open and non-linear.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Moojammin_10
    2902 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I’ve never seen a game with this much potential (graphics) with this little care or love 
    I don't think you can ever say the game is not visually stunning. That's where the progreesion has been.  Surely duplicating ten year old successful game modes would be the easy part
  • The mode is good @F8RGE thanks for everything. But It would be perfect if the A.I were replaced by real players and I feel vehicles could work out well being stationary. Also command posts being respawn points would highly improve the gameplay strategic aspect. Do these changes and I won't have a thing to complain, I want It to resemble the originals as much as possible.
  • David1543
    713 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Deleted
  • Alwe15
    2033 posts Member
    rollind24 said:
    What's with spamming this on most topics I've read? 
  • F8RGE
    1015 posts EA Community Manager
    F8RGE said:
    David1543 said:
    The mode is good @F8RGE thanks for everything. But It would be perfect if the A.I were replaced by real players and I feel vehicles could work out well being stationary. Also command posts being respawn points would highly improve the gameplay strategic aspect. Do these changes and I won't have a thing to complain, I want It to resemble the originals as much as possible.
    There are no plans to remove Auto Players from CS, we're happy with how they are doing right now. Spawn on Command Posts, we'll see. Is something we've had active discussions on. It's great to look back on the originals but we're not here to replicate them. A lot of time has come and gone, gaming has changed and we do want to do our own thing. Not to say we're going to throw everything out of the window, but we're not creating a remaster or remake.
    Now if you could address the hero stealing issue 
    Something we want to do, but don't have the exact plan locked yet (is multiple ways we can do it).
  • vVrathh said:
    F8RGE said:
    Empire_TW said:
    rollind24 said:
    That's the real sad part. 

We've been hearing "more on this later", "soon", and "more to come" since February 2018.

They even released their pathetic "open" and "nonlinear" mode and we are still here wanting a big mode that is actually open and non-linear.
    We've had roadmaps detailing what is coming, then at EA Play we went into a few more details. The next update of which is August. If that's not good enough for you, then I'm sorry but that's the way it is. We're not going to come out and say "we're doing this, this and this", only to then disappoint people when things might move around or change. But, we've been through this all before.

"Pathetic" - to you maybe, but it remains the most popular mode in the game with no sign of slowing down. 
    Yet somehow you guys manage to give proper roadmaps for Battlefield V, and weapons, and vehicles, and tons of skins. 
    Battlefield 5 ain't doing that good. All that content & hardcore fans hate it. Heck they wish it was more like battlefront going fron the reddit post
  • Wow thanks for all the attention @F8RGE. Greatly appreciated. 

I'll try a couple of questions though. First one a bit rhetorical, second you might not be able to answer. 

1. Would CS be most popular if it wasn't the default tile on homepage? 

2. Are there plans to include Starfighter phases in CS?