criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Anyone else hate PT and CW?

2Next

Replies

• SQJACKIE
    1249 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    SQJACKIE said:
    -¨The prequels are not that good¨
    *the prequels*

Tell me, what is better than the PT?
  • bfloo
    16152 posts Member
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    SQJACKIE said:
    *the prequels*

Cookies and milk
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• SQJACKIE wrote: »
    SQJACKIE said:
    *the prequels*

Not the Sequels..
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    SQJACKIE said:
    *the prequels*

Not the Sequels..

thank you for your opinion.

The Sequels...
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    SQJACKIE said:
    *the prequels*

Not the Sequels..

The Sequels...
  • Alex64 said:
    SQJACKIE said:
    *the prequels*

Not the Sequels..

thank you for your opinion.
    actually the sequels are worst then the prequels.......the sequels are just reused ideas  of SW, that the true creator came up with....... Disney is milking the franchise dry and thats a bad thing.....theres nothing orignal and new about the sequels.
  • the sequels are worst then the Pt and Ot. disney has destroyed SW......they've milked the franchise dry untill there was nothing left..... they ran out of original idea's and had to use what George Lucas has already done there's nothing new about the sequel that what has already been done. 
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    the sequels are worst then the Pt and Ot. disney has destroyed SW......they've milked the franchise dry untill there was nothing left..... they ran out of original idea's and had to use what George Lucas has already done there's nothing new about the sequel that what has already been done. 
    I disagree. I think tfa was reused with brand new characters. Tlj was original. The prequels had better world building imo. The acting is a lot better in the sequels too. 
  • the sequels are worst then the Pt and Ot. disney has destroyed SW......they've milked the franchise dry untill there was nothing left..... they ran out of original idea's and had to use what George Lucas has already done there's nothing new about the sequel that what has already been done. 
    I disagree. I think tfa was reused with brand new characters. Tlj was original. The prequels had better world building imo. The acting is a lot better in the sequels too. 
    sorry for the double post don't know why it did it twice........ yeah the TFA was reused the PT did have a better planet and worlds to them..... they had character.
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    the sequels are worst then the Pt and Ot. disney has destroyed SW......they've milked the franchise dry untill there was nothing left..... they ran out of original idea's and had to use what George Lucas has already done there's nothing new about the sequel that what has already been done. 
    sorry for the double post don't know why it did it twice........ yeah the TFA was reused the PT did have a better planet and worlds to them..... they had character.
    I enjoy the prequels. I also have my problems with them. For instance, the action in episode 2 is amazing. I even like the story aspect of anakin and padme. The problem is the love dialogue gets so cringey at times. Sequel trilogy doesn’t have that. Also, i like how they blend real world and cgi a lot better in the sequels. In episode 1 they did it too. Like i said the action is probably my favorite in the pt but i find myself caring more about what is going on more in the sequels. And again i will say i do wish they gave a bit more context as to what is going on in the sequels as far as the political structure of everything. People complained about that in the pt but i actually like it, especially palpatine.
  • Prequels have good ideas but are held back by terrible execution. TCW has a few good arcs but a good majority of it is bleh. The animation in earlier seasons doesn’t help 

2003 CW though 

Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
    I enjoy the prequels. I also have my problems with them. For instance, the action in episode 2 is amazing. I even like the story aspect of anakin and padme. The problem is the love dialogue gets so cringey at times. Sequel trilogy doesn’t have that. Also, i like how they blend real world and cgi a lot better in the sequels. In episode 1 they did it too. Like i said the action is probably my favorite in the pt but i find myself caring more about what is going on more in the sequels. And again i will say i do wish they gave a bit more context as to what is going on in the sequels as far as the political structure of everything. People complained about that in the pt but i actually like it, especially palpatine.
    yeah the anakin and padme love story did ruin the pace form me. it felt like unnecessary filler at times plus it was cringy 
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    edited July 20
    yeah the anakin and padme love story did ruin the pace form me. it felt like unnecessary filler at times plus it was cringy 
    I mean the love story was needed it was just executed poorly as someone stated. Overall, i really enjoy the movies. They are way different than the other star wars and have the best action. Even though some things are lacking, i can’t find it in me to hate the movies or even dislike them. And even though i like the sequels more, the prequels still are some of my favorite movies of all time.
  • Ankesepamon
    152 posts Member
    edited July 20
    I mean the love story was needed it was just executed poorly as someone stated. Overall, i really enjoy the movies. They are way different than the other star wars and have the best action. Even though some things are lacking, i can’t find it in me to hate the movies or even dislike them. And even though i like the sequels more, the prequels still are some of my favorite movies of all time.
    I feel that the only way that the prequels could be on a list of someone’s favourite films of all time, that person needs to have only ever seen three films. 
    I feel that the only way that the prequels could be on a list of someone’s favourite films of all time, that person needs to have only ever seen three films. 
    Well i have seen then multiple times as well as the other star wars. I feel like people who don’t like them focus solely on the negative but that’s just my own point of view.
  • Alex64 said:
    TFA was good, TLJ was bad, prequels were so bad too
    Wrong but thanks for playing!
  • @Cane_danko........ the prequels do have the best lightsaber dual's
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    @Cane_danko........ the prequels do have the best lightsaber dual's
    I could quite literally pick apart any movie ever if i wanted. Star wars is no exception. There are things in the prequels i find cheesy. The same could be said with the original trilogy. I mean, look at the costumes that some of the aliens wear. Looks fake as hell. Bossk comes to mind but he is not the only one. Luke is lame for a majority of the movies. The thing is i learned to take the good with the bad. Using the ot as an example again, those rubber cheesy suits are a product of the time and budget with which they had to work with. This is something that has gotten way better with each star wars movie and will continue to do so. So, instead of it being a negative, i actually view it as something as, “wow! Look how far we’ve come!” As for luke, his whole naive farmboy routine is generic and makes me roll my eyes, but it is so worth it to see what luke ends up becoming. Characters should not be static and should bring out many emotions in us and not all of them have to be positive. This makes them and keeps them interesting. Anyways, that is my soap box for today.
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    A lot of people are agree with my say
    The ability to agree does not make one right... or something...
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    The phrase "you're wrong" doesn't make you to be right
    No, but being awesome makes my opinion sound more validated than most so let’s leave it at that.
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    No, but being awesome makes my opinion sound more validated than most so let’s leave it at that.
    "You're wrong" is exactly the same of "I'm awesome" so your argument is invalidated
    Is it really the same? Really? I think... though i am not sure... that these two statements mean something completely different.
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    "You're wrong" is exactly the same of "I'm awesome" so your argument is invalidated
    Is it really the same? Really? I think... though i am not sure... that these two statements mean something completely different.
    It's only you telling others they are wrong or that you're awesome and they are not, that's not actually a validated point, the truth is that you aren't agree with my say and that's ok
    No. I said i was awesome. If it makes you feel better you are awesome to @Alex64. I love you girl but i must question your taste in movies especially when you say tlj is bad.
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    It's only you telling others they are wrong or that you're awesome and they are not, that's not actually a validated point, the truth is that you aren't agree with my say and that's ok
    No. I said i was awesome. If it makes you feel better you are awesome to @Alex64. I love you girl but i must question your taste in movies especially when you say tlj is bad.
    It's because i feel that in some way TLJ insult Rey, at the beggining the idea in TFA was fine but i feel that they screw her in TLJ. but that's just my opinion.
    Tlj is the reason rey is my favorite character. In tfa kylo and finn were my favorite. Tlj made rey conflicted and it also made her unique by making her a nobody rather than giving in to fan theories and giving us the expected. Also her fighting style in tlj is so raw and awesome. I love her!
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    It's because i feel that in some way TLJ insult Rey, at the beggining the idea in TFA was fine but i feel that they screw her in TLJ. but that's just my opinion.
    Tlj is the reason rey is my favorite character. In tfa kylo and finn were my favorite. Tlj made rey conflicted and it also made her unique by making her a nobody rather than giving in to fan theories and giving us the expected. Also her fighting style in tlj is so raw and awesome. I love her!
    Well both like Rey as character, i just hope in the next episode they make something good for her.
    Well, jj is more of a crowd pleaser than rj who tends to revel in controversy so there is a big chance she will be better received. I just hope they don’t retcon her backstory to appease all the whiny bois. 
  • Cane_danko
    1268 posts Member
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Alex64 said:
    Well both like Rey as character, i just hope in the next episode they make something good for her.
    Well, jj is more of a crowd pleaser than rj who tends to revel in controversy so there is a big chance she will be better received. I just hope they don’t retcon her backstory to appease all the whiny bois. 
    I'm not sure if this is going to end well, but at least from what i've seen in the trailer she looks stronger, so let's see.
    Well, it is what it is. I am sure i will enjoy it. If i don’t then i guess i will be just another sequel hater with nothing better to do than complain about it.
  • I rather enjoy both the prequels and the sequels, though I am inclined to dismiss the opinion of anybody who thinks Anakin and Padme's relationship was a romance arc and not, you know, a depiction of a horrifically toxic and abusive relationship that was destined to end in tears.

But you know. Maybe that's just me.
  • Alex64 said:
    I rather enjoy both the prequels and the sequels, though I am inclined to dismiss the opinion of anybody who thinks Anakin and Padme's relationship was a romance arc and not, you know, a depiction of a horrifically toxic and abusive relationship that was destined to end in tears.

Even Twilight is a better love story.
    They're both miles above Reylo, that's for sure.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Alex64 said:
    I rather enjoy both the prequels and the sequels, though I am inclined to dismiss the opinion of anybody who thinks Anakin and Padme's relationship was a romance arc and not, you know, a depiction of a horrifically toxic and abusive relationship that was destined to end in tears.

Even Twilight is a better love story.
    Funny enough, it was Twilight that made me realize Anakin and Padme were being written as deliberately abusive...

Because Edward and Bella were being written the exact same way. Though I doubt Meyer would agree...
  • Alex64 said:
    I really hate those things on the universe of Star Wars, IMO It was unecessary to explain Vader(Anakin) background with a trilogy, people was more excited to see the future that expanded universe offered.
    3 things:

1.  If anyone wants to know what they mean, PT is probably "Prequel Trilogy" as CW is "Clone Wars."

2.  If it's any consolation, I like all of the movies and shows! (Including Clone Wars, Rebels, Freemakers, Resistance, etc.)

3.  If anything else, this comment is dedicated to Jar Jar Binks, for both haters and lovers for anything before Rogue One and Solo.  Wesa with the force.