criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Avengers End Game and MCU discussion

Replies

• AzorAhai
    1344 posts Member
    I thought Far From Home was great. This is the golden age of Spider-man movies, as far as I'm concerned, but Spider-man 2 is still one of the greatest comic movies, IMO.

Marvel has done such a great job of changing up their characters to make them more appealing and believable in the movies and I loved how they put the Marvel Studios touch on Mysterio to bring him to the big screen.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I liked it, another great movie. Had some awesome scenes in it. Def stay for the after credits, haven’t seen them that good in a long while.

OH MY Goodness! Those end credit scenes
    J Jonah Jameson is back, baby! And I was wondering why Fury seemed a bit more cartoony and exaggerated than usual.
    When I saw who was playing him again I got so excited lol

And wtf is Fury up to now?

Those illusion fight scenes between Mysterio and Spider-Man I thought we’re top notch.
    I went flipping CRAZY when I saw J.K. Simmons as JJJ! My friends were looking at me like I was crazy. Also, I wonder how it will affect Spider-Man and the MCU now that everybody knows Peter is Spider-Man.
    I couldn’t believe they cast him againand I love it. Will be interesting to see how peter is able to play this off. I wonder if this will have ramifications of Scorpion asking Vulture if he knew who Spider-Man was at the end of homecoming. And oh my god, can we get a scene of Luis giving JJJ the run down on a hot scoop!
    Also, since JJJ is there, I wonder if that will lead up to Peter getting a photography job, and possibly even meeting Eddie Brock? Maybe they could even connect Venom and the MCU. That would be cool.
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    I liked it, another great movie. Had some awesome scenes in it. Def stay for the after credits, haven’t seen them that good in a long while.

OH MY Goodness! Those end credit scenes
    J Jonah Jameson is back, baby! And I was wondering why Fury seemed a bit more cartoony and exaggerated than usual.
    When I saw who was playing him again I got so excited lol

And wtf is Fury up to now?

Those illusion fight scenes between Mysterio and Spider-Man I thought we’re top notch.
    I went flipping CRAZY when I saw J.K. Simmons as JJJ! My friends were looking at me like I was crazy. Also, I wonder how it will affect Spider-Man and the MCU now that everybody knows Peter is Spider-Man.
    I couldn’t believe they cast him againand I love it. Will be interesting to see how peter is able to play this off. I wonder if this will have ramifications of Scorpion asking Vulture if he knew who Spider-Man was at the end of homecoming. And oh my god, can we get a scene of Luis giving JJJ the run down on a hot scoop!
    Also, since JJJ is there, I wonder if that will lead up to Peter getting a photography job, and possibly even meeting Eddie Brock? Maybe they could even connect Venom and the MCU. That would be cool.
    This has me curious also, he’s certainly not going to be doing freelance photography of Spider-Man now so they’ll have to rework that.

I did see Feige say something the lines of a Venom-SpiderMan is a strong possibility now so I’m hoping for the battle of Toms
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Anyone else have thoughts on Far From Home?
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • lowell
    1301 posts Member
    Agents of SHIELD is ending with Season 7 and we got clarification that Season 6 takes place before the Snap happens but I don't know if the remaining episodes of the season will show proof of that.

• lowell said:
    Agents of SHIELD is ending with Season 7 and we got clarification that Season 6 takes place before the Snap happens but I don't know if the remaining episodes of the season will show proof of that.

Thank you for this. I’ve seen every episode. 
  • Cadoth
    1136 posts Member
    lowell said:

I’m still waiting for season 6 to arrive on Netflix
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    edited July 21
    Blade also announced today. Beyond hyped. A 4th Thor with Jane. I’m completely in.

#infantrylivesmatter
  • Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    Kind of stopped caring after punisher got cancelled... the falcon and winter soldier intrigues me though
  • lowell
    1301 posts Member
    rollind24 said:
    Blade also announced today. Beyond hyped. A 4th Thor with Jane. I’m completely in.

Fantastic Four, Mutants, Guardians Vol. 3, Black Panther 2, and Captain Marvel 2 are also in development and I'm guessing we'll hear more at D23.
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    Kind of stopped caring after punisher got cancelled... the falcon and winter soldier intrigues me though
    Yea I stopped caring about the Netflix marvel shows once they started cancelling them. 
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    edited July 21
    lowell said:
    rollind24 said:

Fantastic Four, Mutants, Guardians Vol. 3, Black Panther 2, and Captain Marvel 2 are also in development and I'm guessing we'll hear more at D23.
    Hopefully. I was really hoping to hear about GoG 3 today.  Thor 4 and Blade were pleasant surprises though.

Dr Strange and Scarlett Witch also sounds very interesting
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • lowell
    1301 posts Member
    edited July 21
    rollind24 said:
    lowell said:
    rollind24 said:

Hopefully. I was really hoping to hear about GoG 3 today.  Thor 4 and Blade were pleasant surprises though.

Since Cottonmouth and Prowler is playing Blade, I'm guessing Defenders is now being retcon.

Oh, and WandaVision ties in with Doctor Strange so it's going to be interesting.
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    edited July 21
    lowell said:
    rollind24 said:
    lowell said:
    rollind24 said:

Since Cottonmouth and Prowler is playing Blade, I'm guessing Defenders is now being retcon.

Oh, and WandaVision ties in with Doctor Strange so it's going to be interesting.
    Yea those shows only really “tied in” to the MCU based on a couple of off hand references anyways so I’m ok with it. Into the Spiderverse isn’t MCU so I’m ok with that. I think Mahershela will nail the part, he’s a great actor.

Yea it’s going to be interesting to see how these shows tie into the movie. And Vision? Hmmmmm
    Post edited by rollind24 on
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    edited July 21
    rollind24 said:

Only one that really hypes me is Guardians 3 and Winter Soldier/Falcon. Could care less about the Eternals personally.

Wasnt a fan of Jane Foster Thor in comics so....meh
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    With Mickey having X Men now, think we get to see Rogue take down Capt Marvell?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    bfloo said:
    Might fit the timeline they’ve said for introducing X-Men. Dr Strange and Wanda really opening up the multiverse to introduce X-men, then opening the new phase with the Capt Marvel-Rogue storyline?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    rollind24 said:
    bfloo said:
    Might fit the timeline they’ve said for introducing X-Men. Dr Strange and Wanda really opening up the multiverse to introduce X-men, then opening the new phase with the Capt Marvel-Rogue storyline?
    We just need a good Rogue, like in the animated series.

All these people saying we never had strong original super heroes need to watch it.  They only needed Rogue and Storm to accomplish anything.

h846398gb27k.png

• Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    bfloo said:
    rollind24 said:
    bfloo said:

All these people saying we never had strong original super heroes need to watch it.  They only needed Rogue and Storm to accomplish anything.

You mean the comics... 
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    bfloo said:
    rollind24 said:
    bfloo said:

You mean the comics... 
    The comics, the animated series...

h846398gb27k.png

• Question for those who have seen Spider-Man: Far From Home:

There is a scene where Mysterio flies up to a rooftop and has a talk with Spider-Man, and Mysterio is in full costume with the fish-bowl helmet.  His helmet disappears and quentin beck talks to spider man.  I was like, "wait, what? he can't fly."  Since it was revealed that he isn't superpowered and can't actually fly, how does this scene work?  I've seen it twice now, and i'm having a hard time understanding when Mysterio is really there vs. when he's a hologram.  In the opening scene in Mexico, he "flies" in and talks to Fury and Hill, is all that a hologram or is he actually there?  Thoughts?

"I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    Question for those who have seen Spider-Man: Far From Home:

There is a scene where Mysterio flies up to a rooftop and has a talk with Spider-Man, and Mysterio is in full costume with the fish-bowl helmet.  His helmet disappears and quentin beck talks to spider man.  I was like, "wait, what? he can't fly."  Since it was revealed that he isn't superpowered and can't actually fly, how does this scene work?  I've seen it twice now, and i'm having a hard time understanding when Mysterio is really there vs. when he's a hologram.  In the opening scene in Mexico, he "flies" in and talks to Fury and Hill, is all that a hologram or is he actually there?  Thoughts?

Good thought. I must go look up answers now!
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 said:

Let me know what you find.  One friend offered this solution: 
    It was established in the "rehearsal" scene that Mysterio uses harnesses and drones with projectors to create illusions.  he was still using these when interacting with Fury and Spider-Man.  Hmmm.  Not sure I buy that.  How did Mysterio sit next to Spider-man immediately after flying?  I'm supposed to believe he's got cloaked drones around him at all times?  Not buying it.  I'd rather believe his suit allows him to fly, but there doesn't appear to be any tech in the suit.  Better go a third time!  Kidding.  But i really would like to know more about this.

• rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    rollind24 said:

It was established in the "rehearsal" scene that Mysterio uses harnesses and drones with projectors to create illusions.  he was still using these when interacting with Fury and Spider-Man.  Hmmm.  Not sure I buy that.  How did Mysterio sit next to Spider-man immediately after flying?  I'm supposed to believe he's got cloaked drones around him at all times?  Not buying it.  I'd rather believe his suit allows him to fly, but there doesn't appear to be any tech in the suit.  Better go a third time!  Kidding.  But i really would like to know more about this.

I couldn’t find any articles but this is what I got on Reddit. I guess I can buy it with a suspension of disbelief but I do admit his suit not having powers was sort of a let down.

#infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    Can we agree EndGame spoilers are done with? It’s being released on digital next week. Just asking since I was about to post a pic and remembered spoilers
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    MCU meme time

#infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 said:
    rollind24 said:

I couldn’t find any articles but this is what I got on Reddit. I guess I can buy it with a suspension of disbelief but I do admit his suit not having powers was sort of a let down.

I guess I buy that.  Thanks man
  • AzorAhai
    1344 posts Member
    For the upcoming MCU movies, I'm looking forward to Shang Chi the most. Mostly because I've always thought Marvel can encompass many different genres and not just super heroes movies.

Along the same lines, I'm pleased to hear that Doctor Strange 2 will have more of a horror angle, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. 

I don't know what their Blade plans are, but I applaud the casting of Mahershala Ali. That dude will knock it out of the park. I liked Wesley Snipes, but this fella can act. Also read somewhere that Blade will probably first appear in the Doctor Strange sequel first, which makes sense since that announced the casting so far ahead of time.

I almost think that Multiverse of Madness, or the inevitable Blade movie series should consider going Rated R. It doesn't all have to be family friendly, does it?
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    AzorAhai said:
    For the upcoming MCU movies, I'm looking forward to Shang Chi the most. Mostly because I've always thought Marvel can encompass many different genres and not just super heroes movies.

Along the same lines, I'm pleased to hear that Doctor Strange 2 will have more of a horror angle, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. 

I don't know what their Blade plans are, but I applaud the casting of Mahershala Ali. That dude will knock it out of the park. I liked Wesley Snipes, but this fella can act. Also read somewhere that Blade will probably first appear in the Doctor Strange sequel first, which makes sense since that announced the casting so far ahead of time.

I almost think that Multiverse of Madness, or the inevitable Blade movie series should consider going Rated R. It doesn't all have to be family friendly, does it?
    I'd love to see them go dark and gritty with Blade.

I just have really low expectations for a Disney remake  :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    AzorAhai said:

Its disney. Of course it will be family friendly. Thats why Blade will turn into the Thor-esque 'jokes every minute' film. Critics will love it since they cream over Disney *cough* paid off *cough* but I think it will struggle with audience score.

And Dr Strange 2 as a horror type film....a horror to disney is PG. Dont get your hopes up
  • AzorAhai
    1344 posts Member
    DarthJ said:
    AzorAhai said:

Its disney. Of course it will be family friendly. Thats why Blade will turn into the Thor-esque 'jokes every minute' film. Critics will love it since they cream over Disney *cough* paid off *cough* but I think it will struggle with audience score.

And Dr Strange 2 as a horror type film....a horror to disney is PG. Dont get your hopes up
    If they let some darker areas of the Marvel Universe go rated R, I'd expect it to be put out by 20th Century Fox, or another subsidiary. There wouldn't be a Disney castle to open the picture, but it most certainly would fall under the Marvel Studios banner.

There's a market to be explored. 

• AzorAhai
    1344 posts Member
    edited July 25
    I imagine the new Ghost Rider and Helstrom series' ordered for Hulu are going to feature a darker, more mature take on material, similar to the Netflix stuff.
  • lowell
    1301 posts Member
    AzorAhai said:
    DarthJ said:
    AzorAhai said:

If they let some darker areas of the Marvel Universe go rated R, I'd expect it to be put out by 20th Century Fox, or another subsidiary. There wouldn't be a Disney castle to open the picture, but it most certainly would fall under the Marvel Studios banner.

It wouldn't be Fox distributing it, Bob Iger did say they were looking to see if MCU Deadpool solo films (PG-13 Deadpool in other films, either way) would be R-rated or not and if they were, they would let the audience know about it ahead of time and likely make a new R-rated Marvel banner that would still be distributed by Disney.

Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures is the main distributor for all studios under Disney and 20th Century Fox now is just a studio, just like Fox Searchlight Pictures is one.
  • lowell said:
    rollind24 said:
    lowell said:
    rollind24 said:

It doesn't necessarily have to be retconned. Alfre Woodard played Miriam Sharpe in Civil War and Mariah Stokes in Luke Cage, and no one made a big deal about it. It's just a case of an actor playing multiple roles in one universe.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • rollind24 said:
    rollind24 said:

Another explanation:

A drone-created illusion of Mysterio flew up to the rooftop (I recall he had his helmet on before he sat down), and the real Mysterio was already sitting there, but he was hidden by the drones until his illusion was on the rooftop. Then his suit would either be the physical costume or the illusion costume.

ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • rollind24 said:
    rollind24 said:

Another explanation:

A drone-created illusion of Mysterio flew up to the rooftop (I recall he had his helmet on before he sat down), and the real Mysterio was already sitting there, but he was hidden by the drones until his illusion was on the rooftop. Then his suit would either be the physical costume or the illusion costume.

That's all well and good, and I don't doubt the illusion/hologram aspect of it, but to think that Spider-man, or anyone really, couldn't actually hear the drones "droning" overhead is ridiculous.  They have blades and rotors, and those make noise.  Visual can be cloaked, but not audio.  It's not possible for Mysterio to fly up there and sit with Spidey and have Spidey think he can fly without assistance.  Sorry if this double posts, my first reply said it needed moderation.

• DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    AzorAhai said:
    DarthJ said:
    AzorAhai said:

Oh I agree. I just would be surprised if they do that
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    2 hours until End Game digital release, got Infinity War playing right now, life is good. Anyone else counting down until they can enjoy End Game on their couch?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    rollind24 said:
    2 hours until End Game digital release, got Infinity War playing right now, life is good. Anyone else counting down until they can enjoy End Game on their couch?

No, not really
  • rollind24 said:
    Oh, must be 2D.  That's cute, and so 2010.  :smile:   3D blu is my favorite way to watch the MCU, and I don't even have Captain Marvel on 3D yet, should arrive from UK on Friday though.  
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    DarthJ said:
    rollind24 said:

No, not really

#infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    rollind24 said:
    Oh, must be 2D.  That's cute, and so 2010.  :smile:   3D blu is my favorite way to watch the MCU, and I don't even have Captain Marvel on 3D yet, should arrive from UK on Friday though.  

#infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 said:
    rollind24 said:

ha, I just watched that the other day, with commentary.  One of the best commentary tracks, by the way.
  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    rollind24 said:
    rollind24 said:

ha, I just watched that the other day, with commentary.  One of the best commentary tracks, by the way.
    Oh absolutely! I loved it when I first listened to it and Downey really did stay in character through the commentary.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1567 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Got Captain Marvel 3D blu today, early.  Stoked.  Wish they'd bring back the Marvel One-Shots, those were a real treat when you got your copy at home.  Man, I'm already reminiscing about the early days of the MCU like some kind of  grandpa?  lol  "Gather 'round young ones, you see, back in the early oughts..."  Endgame 3D should be here by Sept 15th or so.  That's a pretty big gap between your digital release and me getting my hands on a physical disc.  
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    Got Captain Marvel 3D blu today, early.  Stoked.  Wish they'd bring back the Marvel One-Shots, those were a real treat when you got your copy at home.  Man, I'm already reminiscing about the early days of the MCU like some kind of  grandpa?  lol  "Gather 'round young ones, you see, back in the early oughts..."  Endgame 3D should be here by Sept 15th or so.  That's a pretty big gap between your digital release and me getting my hands on a physical disc.  
    You might be the 1st person to be excited about Capt Marvell.

Not a good movie, but I surprisingly didn't hate it as much as I expected to.

h846398gb27k.png

• rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    edited August 1
    bfloo said:

I didn’t expect to hate it but it didn’t wow me either. Was just sort of there as a movie. Should be interesting how it plays the Skrulls into the MCU more though. I bought it on digital the day I could and I still haven’t finished it from beginning to end in one sitting since
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    rollind24 said:
    bfloo said:

I didn’t expect to hate it but it didn’t wow me either. Was just sort of there as a movie. Should be interesting how it plays the Skrulls into the MCU more though. I bought it on digital the day I could and I still haven’t finished it from beginning to end in one sitting since
    I guess Cap Marvell really is just a bad character.  She has failed miserably every time they tried to bring her in.

It isn't her skill set, Rogue took her powers and was generally popular.  She was my fav character on X Men the Animated Series.

I never read any of the old cap marv comics, but came across her 'failed' history looking into Rogue.

Why they put Rogue in jubilee's role in the films...   :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    Apparently Kraven the Hunter has been hinted at by both Tom Holland and the FFA director as the next villain for Spider-Man