criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Community Transmission — Visual Effects in Star Wars Battlefront II

2Next

Replies

• Equinox
    43 posts Member
    ...No.
  • Sucks that Battlefront 2015 looked way better.
  • EA_Rtas
    1164 posts EA Moderator
    As was said by F8RGE it's understandable if this doesn't interest everyone, but it clearly interests quite a few people so let's leave it out with the sarcastic comments about the content of the CT please. Keep it on topic and appropriate.
  • hosco33
    257 posts Member
    EA_Rtas said:
    As was said by F8RGE it's understandable if this doesn't interest everyone, but it clearly interests quite a few people so let's leave it out with the sarcastic comments about the content of the CT please. Keep it on topic and appropriate.
    I agree, such lack of class and, most of all, intellect.

I imagine them calling to recruiters to express that "they are not interested in their positions".
  • Really? It's interesting to know how the process works, but I don't see how it was important enough to make a CT about it. CT's are usually reserved for content updates and fixes.
    Really ? Come on! everyone gets a trophy. lol
  • Billkwando
    1925 posts Member
    edited July 30
    EA_Rtas said:
    Yeah, c'mon guys, there's no "I" in "Community". :p

I did find it very interesting and impressive, but I also felt that it belonged in a category other than CT. It's like they couldn't think of anything to say to us so they just subbed in somebody's cool developer blog post. This is neither sarcastic, nor off topic, nor inappropriate.

I would love to see regular articles about this kind of stuff, but it should be given its own category or feature name.

As a CT, and given the defensive response, I feel like there's a subtext here.

I'm sorry if I'm not feeling particularly grateful to the folks who killed off my favorite mode, because they were unwilling or unable to patch all the holes in their maps, leading to "unintended playstyles" of their own making.

Sincerely,
    A guy who's playing this game on 2 different consoles, and thus clearly still appreciates all the effort that goes into it.
    Post edited by Billkwando on
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • if only this great visual coding translated into combat coding cuz yall are seriously lacking there.
  • And this for what is? jaja
  • Zexiel
    144 posts Member
    Awesome thread.

EU Server Based. VIKINGR is an Discord both for playing games as well as just chatting and having fun with one another. Requirements: - Being able to read a discord server - Basic knowledge of the English or Scandinavian Language  - Day to Day groups to play with - Share Youtube Videos
    Discord: https://discord.gg/rNz9T84
  • JohnnyBNL
    6 posts Member
    edited August 3
    The Frostbite engine is one of the best looking game engines I've ever seen and experienced. Battlefield: Bad Company (2008) was a mind blowing game, it was so awesome to shoot a hole in the wall with a grenade launcher or to destroy the whole building completely. 

What I do miss in EA/DICE Star-Wars Battlefront games is the "Levolution" features. Battlefield 4 had loads of those, and it was great, when triggered it changed the whole match / game, I hope to see that making a return in Star-Wars: Battlefront, if LucasArts agrees. For now i wanna say: Thanks for your commitment, and keep up the great work!

May the force be with you.
  • Raytracing incoming
  • amazing. it's a shame i can't find any games all lobbies are pretty empty