criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Avengers Game

It's coming in spring 2020, and I'm really interested, but it looked rather meh in the trailer. Do you think it will be a good game based on the trailer?

Replies

• Nope.
  • rollind24
    5780 posts Member
    I was curious about it. I’ll wait for reviews though. I really wasn’t impressed with what I saw. I realize they characters wouldn’t be modeled after their MCU counterparts but they just look weird. They look like cosplayers at comic con
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cadoth
    1134 posts Member
    edited July 30
    If Wanda will be added in a dlc, then I’m gonna buy the game 
  • DarthJ
    6655 posts Member

I don't think it looks great. I'll imagine I will pick it up eventually though, purely as its superheroes. As rollind said, the trailer character models look poor (especially Cap). They look like they have tried to merge comics looks with movie looks/suits, which I don't think works well in this type of thing.

I did think the actual gameplay looked decent, nothing spectacular though. It also makes me think the game will be completely linear - people keep saying they think it will be similar to Spider-Man or Arkham series, but I doubt it. Not like you could free roam with the Hulk for example. Unless they have aspects of game types mixed in. Can't imagine any online either.

So I dunno. At the moment its a wait and see. I can see it being a 5 or 6 out of 10 game at best. Hope I am wrong though.

Looks like limited characters too - only Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk, Thor and Cap I think? I saw that Ant-Man makes an appearance too, but out of suit (can't remember whether it was Hank or Scott, think it was Scott).

PSN: ibrajoker59
  • rollind24
    5780 posts Member
    DarthJ said:

I don't think it looks great. I'll imagine I will pick it up eventually though, purely as its superheroes. As rollind said, the trailer character models look poor (especially Cap). They look like they have tried to merge comics looks with movie looks/suits, which I don't think works well in this type of thing.

I did think the actual gameplay looked decent, nothing spectacular though. It also makes me think the game will be completely linear - people keep saying they think it will be similar to Spider-Man or Arkham series, but I doubt it. Not like you could free roam with the Hulk for example. Unless they have aspects of game types mixed in. Can't imagine any online either.

So I dunno. At the moment its a wait and see. I can see it being a 5 or 6 out of 10 game at best. Hope I am wrong though.

Looks like limited characters too - only Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk, Thor and Cap I think? I saw that Ant-Man makes an appearance too, but out of suit (can't remember whether it was Hank or Scott, think it was Scott).

From what I’ve read they will be continually adding characters, might be wrong though.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I wonder why they don't use actors from movies, I guess because of licensing costs. I might get this game when it is release, though I first get Ultimate Alliance 3 for Switch, that is still in my purchase list, too many good games and too little time to play them.