criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Rey's Possible Origins

Hello Jedi Padawins, Sith Lords, and Tauntaun Scavengers,

I know it has been a while.  Speaking of waiting, it is only 5 months until "The Rise of Skywalker" comes out, and I still cannot wait! So much that is going to happen, and so many questions still unanswered.  One of them that still stumps my mind regards the origins of the 3rd trilogy's protagonist:  Rey.

Back from "The Last Jedi," Kylo Ren once said to her that she "came from nothing, and was sold for drinking money from her parents."  I do not think that is entirely true.   I believe that Ren said that just to get Rey to join him.  Moreover, there is one theory of what makes Rey so significant, and even so mysteriously not mentioned before, it might date back to the clone wars.  I would simply ask myself, what about Palpatine's family?

No one ever generally talked or mentioned about Palpatine having a son or daughter.  In my theory, what if he had a Sith child who was almost going to be Palpatine's apprentice, but then revolted against Palpatine, and escaped.  Years later, the child got married and hid away for the war, until they had a kid of their own. 

Now focusing on Palpatine's grandchild, the grandchild wanted to join the war and become a Jedi knight, but the parent continues to refuse as they want to keep having a peaceful life away from the growing Sith empire.  Tired of being ignored, the grandchild ran away, and decided to fight the war as a secret vigilante for the Jedi.

After the destruction of the second Death Star, the grandchild got married, and wanted to live a peaceful life...possibly on some desert planet, and maybe had a daughter.  A few years later, the grandchild was discovered by the First Order on account of his past vigilante crimes against the Galactic Empire, as the two parents were forced to be taken away, leaving their child behind.

If all of this is true, and if I'm not missing anything important regarding Palpatine's archives, not to mention a possible spoiler alert, what if Rey is Darth Sidious' great grandaughter? 

Even if my theory isn't true, I still believe that Rey's parents have more to this story than drinking money, and Rey could have a reason to be born with the force.  If I'm missing anything, I would like to hear your opinion as well.  I cannot wait to see how this all ends!

Replies

• DarthJ
    6754 posts Member
    Its an interesting theory and a good read you put together.

But I still think the whole 'nothing of note parents' is true. Disney are going for the 'anyone can be special, not just a Skywalker' vibe, and have already said this is the last Skywalker related saga film. I know Palpatine isn't related but he is in the saga and is important. Disney seem to want away from it all completely.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Almost certainly not.

Abrams is unoriginal and Disney is lazy, so they're going to go with one of the two easiest possible explanations:

1) Rey is Luke's daughter. Fits with all the hints we've been given, and requires only minor retconning of TLJ (i.e. Kylo Ren was not telling Rey the whole, objective truth and Luke didn't know she was his kid 'cause he cut himself off from the Force).

2) Kylo Ren was telling the truth, or most of it, and Rey is really the kid of some random junk dealers. No retconning and fits equally well with the hints we've been given as does Rey Skywalker.
  • Almost certainly not.

Abrams is unoriginal and Disney is lazy, so they're going to go with one of the two easiest possible explanations:

1) Rey is Luke's daughter. Fits with all the hints we've been given, and requires only minor retconning of TLJ (i.e. Kylo Ren was not telling Rey the whole, objective truth and Luke didn't know she was his kid 'cause he cut himself off from the Force).

2) Kylo Ren was telling the truth, or most of it, and Rey is really the kid of some random junk dealers. No retconning and fits equally well with the hints we've been given as does Rey Skywalker.

• I do think there is more to rey’s backstory than kylo lets on. However, i am really hoping she is not related to a current established character. Honestly, this trope has served its usefulness as far as i am concerned. Kylo is han and leia’s kid. That’s great. Making rey palpatine or luke or han’s kid would just be a waste. People talk about subverting expectations a lot and this would just be expected and cliche. Rey has crawled her way to the top in regards to being my favorite character. Taking away her originality would not score points with me but i am just one fan.
  • I like the idea of Rey being no one but they ruined it by making her overpowered. Rey was cool during first half of TFA but it kept getting worse since then.

They should just make a story about no one - semi talented/pretty talented Rey STRUGGLING to become a Jedi instead of making a story  about a girl that is amazing at everything she touches without reason.

She would be much more likeable  and her story would be far more interesting. Instead we've got least popular Star Wars hero ever.

Anyways, they will probably stay with her junky parents narration and her greatness will be explained as will of the force or something like that. Powerful dark, powerful light cr*p.

• Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    Wolfman91 said:
    I like the idea of Rey being no one but they ruined it by making her overpowered. Rey was cool during first half of TFA but it kept getting worse since then.

They should just make a story about no one - semi talented/pretty talented Rey STRUGGLING to become a Jedi instead of making a story  about a girl that is amazing at everything she touches without reason.

She would be much more likeable  and her story would be far more interesting. Instead we've got least popular Star Wars hero ever.

Anyways, they will probably stay with her junky parents narration and her greatness will be explained as will of the force or something like that. Powerful dark, powerful light cr*p.

Least popular star wars character ever? Are you brain dead?
  • Star Wars HERO, not character. Are you brain dead?

Let my clarify that for you - MAIN PROTAGONIST.

She is certainly least popular. Luke and Anakin are way above her.
    Although I don't like Anakin, I find him very unlikeable but certainly there are a lot of ppl who love him.

• I do think there is more to rey’s backstory than kylo lets on. However, i am really hoping she is not related to a current established character. Honestly, this trope has served its usefulness as far as i am concerned. Kylo is han and leia’s kid. That’s great. Making rey palpatine or luke or han’s kid would just be a waste. People talk about subverting expectations a lot and this would just be expected and cliche. Rey has crawled her way to the top in regards to being my favorite character. Taking away her originality would not score points with me but i am just one fan.
    People usually talk about subverting expectations in the negative sense.

And the hero of the story being some random nobody is about as cliché as it can get.
  • Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    Wolfman91 said:
    Star Wars HERO, not character. Are you brain dead?

Let my clarify that for you - MAIN PROTAGONIST.

She is certainly least popular. Luke and Anakin are way above her.
    Although I don't like Anakin, I find him very unlikeable but certainly there are a lot of ppl who love him.

Look at all the cosplayers and the little girls who dress as rey rather than disney princesses when they visit the theme parks. You talk about being the least popular and now retract to main protagonist. Not everyone is the same as the incel youtube army so stop assuming that we share the same “rey is a mary sue and i am a jack ***” mentality that the rest of you subscribe too. Mic drop. Picks up the mic then throws it at you.  
  • Jesus Christ. She just is least favourite Star Wars main protagonist. Deal with it. People don't like her for a reason. Young cosplayers are even smaller group than 'youtube incels'. Maybe 20 years from now, she will be more popular but now she is way below Luke and Anakin (maybe even Ashoka?).  I doubt if she ever will be, but who knows. If you like her, then good for you.

And those 'youtube incels' have some points, unlike you - instantly triggered, throwing insults without reading, giving no arguments what so ever.

• Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    Wolfman91 said:
    Jesus Christ. She just is least favourite Star Wars main protagonist. Deal with it. People don't like her for a reason. Young cosplayers are even smaller group than 'youtube incels'. Maybe 20 years from now, she will be more popular but now she is way below Luke and Anakin (maybe even Ashoka?).  I doubt if she ever will be, but who knows. If you like her, then good for you.

And those 'youtube incels' have some points, unlike you - instantly triggered, throwing insults without reading, giving no arguments what so ever.

No use arguing with people who have made up their minds. Go ahead and bathe in your sense of self worth and self fulfilling prophecy. 
  • DarthJ
    6754 posts Member
    Wolfman91 said:
    Jesus Christ. She just is least favourite Star Wars main protagonist. Deal with it. People don't like her for a reason. Young cosplayers are even smaller group than 'youtube incels'. Maybe 20 years from now, she will be more popular but now she is way below Luke and Anakin (maybe even Ashoka?).  I doubt if she ever will be, but who knows. If you like her, then good for you.

No use arguing with people who have made up their minds. Go ahead and bathe in your sense of self worth and self fulfilling prophecy. 
    Wolfman has a point though - she would be far more likeable if she had some struggle to speak of - Luke got destroyed by Vader in TESB, Anakin got schooled by Dooku in AOTC. Rey beat Kylo in the first film of the trilogy. It sets Kylo up to be a poor villain too. Now if she had lost that fight and had been gearing up through VIII and IX for a final showdown that would have been better.

Kids will like her as its their generation, but thats about it. I dont dislike her, I think shes OK. Just bland.

Also, I dislike the 'powerful light, powerful dark' thing they went for. Its an excuse for Rey to receive no training. And how come it had never happened before? By that logic, Anakin shouldnt have needed training and been able to defeat the Sith almost immediately. And Luke should have been able to destroy Vader and the Emperor in no time.
  • Agreed.

When it comes to Luke, he struggles much more than we think. He was beaten up by sand people - Obi Wan has to rescue him. He was attacked by criminal in Mos Eisley cantina- Obi Wan saves him again. Later he was saved by Solo, who cleared his six o'clock before he destroyed the Death Star. He would die without his help.

Empire Strikes Back -  Solo rescues Luke again. Luke struggles with the Jedi training, Luke fails in the cave. Despite having pretty solid training (not prequel like, but still) he loses to Vader.

ROTJ - Luke finally grows up, became badass Jedi and responsible human being. He is still not flawless, but embraces his weakneses, saves his father (and Vader/Anakin saves him) despite Yoda and Obi Wan telling him to kill his father, he goes his own way, succeeds  and becomes a legend.

That is why everyone can relate to Luke. He struggles, he needs guidance and only then he finally grows to become something more. Rey is almost perfect from the beginning. She is self made, owns thugs, she escapes on her own, she fixes hyperdrive, she wins against experianced and talented force user despite having no training at all. She learns everything from Kylo's mind, uses mind tricks, she's amazing without reason. She may not be perfect, but she is very close to perfection from the very beginning.

I don't know what kind of messege they want to send to young people. You don't need to struggle, you don't need to train,  just be a woman and everything is possible? I dunno.

And that's a shame cause she could be so much better. I really liked her during the first half of TFA. I was never prejudiced against female lead, nothing like that. She just turn out to be really bland and it's difficult to relate to her even for kids, unless they can relate to someone only because she/he has the same genitals.

• See, that's your problem right there: you think Kylo Ren is a powerful and talented Force user.

He isn't. He's a loser. TLJ, if nothing else, hammered that home.

Kylo Ren can't win on his own. Kylo Ren can't think on his own. Kylo Ren is nothing more than a petulant child with a barely functioning lightsaber. No wonder Rey can beat him; the only thing Kylo is good at is terrorizing helpless people!

Ah well. At least with Palpatine back, the series will regain some of the menage TLJ sucked from it.
  • DarthJ
    6754 posts Member
    See, that's your problem right there: you think Kylo Ren is a powerful and talented Force user.

Kylo Ren can't win on his own. Kylo Ren can't think on his own. Kylo Ren is nothing more than a petulant child with a barely functioning lightsaber. No wonder Rey can beat him; the only thing Kylo is good at is terrorizing helpless people!

Ah well. At least with Palpatine back, the series will regain some of the menage TLJ sucked from it.
    Heh. Yeah he is overall. But even with how limited he is, he should be able to best someone who has had around an hour of randomly using the force....

I hope Palpatine isnt actually back
  • Wolfman91 said:
    Agreed.

When it comes to Luke, he struggles much more than we think. He was beaten up by sand people - Obi Wan has to rescue him. He was attacked by criminal in Mos Eisley cantina- Obi Wan saves him again. Later he was saved by Solo, who cleared his six o'clock before he destroyed the Death Star. He would die without his help.

Empire Strikes Back -  Solo rescues Luke again. Luke struggles with the Jedi training, Luke fails in the cave. Despite having pretty solid training (not prequel like, but still) he loses to Vader.

ROTJ - Luke finally grows up, became badass Jedi and responsible human being. He is still not flawless, but embraces his weakneses, saves his father (and Vader/Anakin saves him) despite Yoda and Obi Wan telling him to kill his father, he goes his own way, succeeds  and becomes a legend.

That is why everyone can relate to Luke. He struggles, he needs guidance and only then he finally grows to become something more. Rey is almost perfect from the beginning. She is self made, owns thugs, she escapes on her own, she fixes hyperdrive, she wins against experianced and talented force user despite having no training at all. She learns everything from Kylo's mind, uses mind tricks, she's amazing without reason. She may not be perfect, but she is very close to perfection from the very beginning.

I don't know what kind of messege they want to send to young people. You don't need to struggle, you don't need to train,  just be a woman and everything is possible? I dunno.

And that's a shame cause she could be so much better. I really liked her during the first half of TFA. I was never prejudiced against female lead, nothing like that. She just turn out to be really bland and it's difficult to relate to her even for kids, unless they can relate to someone only because she/he has the same genitals.

Lady Chewbacca will smack you now.

• DarthJ said:
    See, that's your problem right there: you think Kylo Ren is a powerful and talented Force user.

Heh. Yeah he is overall. But even with how limited he is, he should be able to best someone who has had around an hour of randomly using the force....

Palps is back. They've confirmed it, multiple times.

Which is good overall for the series, because TLJ nuked Kylo Ren and the First Order in terms overall of menace.

Palpatine is going to *****-slap everybody and it will be glorious.

The downside is that, combined with Carrie Fisher's death killing off Leia and dying Kylo Ren the last confrontation he needed to have a satisfying arc, Kylo Ren is now totally irrelevant to Star Wars.

What started out as a promising villain who was going to be Rey's foil (Rey goes to Luke for training, Snoke orders Hux to bring Kylo for more training, etc.) is now... Sid the Squid from B:TAS.

This is a thirty year old man who can't beat anybody, except prisoners (Lor San Tekka, Poe Dameron) and people who are even bigger losers than he (hiya Hux!)

And it's a drag on the series. Rey ends up looking way more powerful and competent than she is (remember, she's only had one clean cut victory and that was because Kylo Ren was severly injured twice over) because Kylo Ren is less menacing than my fourteen-year-old, largely toothless and mostly blind Maltese dog.

On the plus side, TROS will give probably give us some explanation for Rey's almost competence (my money is on being Luke's kid with some Jedi training prior to her abandonment, but that's just a guess) and give us a villain we know the heroes will have to sacrifice some to win against.

Help us, Palpatine. You're our only hope. 
  • DarthJ said:

Palps is back. They've confirmed it, multiple times.

Which is good overall for the series, because TLJ nuked Kylo Ren and the First Order in terms overall of menace.

Palpatine is going to ****-slap everybody and it will be glorious.

The downside is that, combined with Carrie Fisher's death killing off Leia and dying Kylo Ren the last confrontation he needed to have a satisfying arc, Kylo Ren is now totally irrelevant to Star Wars.

What started out as a promising villain who was going to be Rey's foil (Rey goes to Luke for training, Snoke orders Hux to bring Kylo for more training, etc.) is now... Sid the Squid from B:TAS.

This is a thirty year old man who can't beat anybody, except prisoners (Lor San Tekka, Poe Dameron) and people who are even bigger losers than he (hiya Hux!)

And it's a drag on the series. Rey ends up looking way more powerful and competent than she is (remember, she's only had one clean cut victory and that was because Kylo Ren was severly injured twice over) because Kylo Ren is less menacing than my fourteen-year-old, largely toothless and mostly blind Maltese dog.

On the plus side, TROS will give probably give us some explanation for Rey's almost competence (my money is on being Luke's kid with some Jedi training prior to her abandonment, but that's just a guess) and give us a villain we know the heroes will have to sacrifice some to win against.

Help us, Palpatine. You're our only hope. 

It will end where it all began.  

• Palp won't be back. It's just a bait, maybe it'll be Palp's ghost or artifact but that's all. Bringing back Palpatine would ruin Anakin's and Luke's journey.

• DarthJ
    6754 posts Member
    Wolfman91 said:
    Palp won't be back. It's just a bait, maybe it'll be Palp's ghost or artifact but that's all. Bringing back Palpatine would ruin Anakin's and Luke's journey.

This. Thankfully someone else sees this other than me. As much as part of me wants to see him again, it would completely dilute Anakin's importance to the saga. 2 reasons why they would bring him back (if they did):

1 - in desperation due to Kylo being a pretty poor villain and they want another kick of nostalgia to boost hype (similar to Lando)

2- they are going to make Rey the chosen one and claim the prophecy was wrong this whole time.

I'd rather he just appeared as a hologram or one of his messengers from the campaign of this game.

• Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    edited July 30
    Kylo and rey are both awesome. So are the sequels. You haters have your little slice of pie and continue to do what you do best. Whine and moan about how awful it is but the rest of us will take our cake and enjoy what the new trilogy has to offer. In a way, i feel sorry for you because star wars is leaving you behind. There is no cure for bad taste so have fun on the hater train.
  • DarthJ
    6754 posts Member
    Ok....
  • Kylo and rey are both awesome. So are the sequels. You haters have your little slice of pie and continue to do what you do best. Whine and moan about how awful it is but the rest of us will take our cake and enjoy what the new trilogy has to offer. In a way, i feel sorry for you because star wars is leaving you behind. There is no cure for bad taste so have fun on the hater train.
    Yeah haters; let the hate flow through you.

• Kylo and rey are both awesome. So are the sequels. You haters have your little slice of pie and continue to do what you do best. Whine and moan about how awful it is but the rest of us will take our cake and enjoy what the new trilogy has to offer. In a way, i feel sorry for you because star wars is leaving you behind. There is no cure for bad taste so have fun on the hater train.
    *****. You.

I love the sequels. I love Rey, Finn, Poe and Rose. 

That doesn't change the fact that Rian Johnson managed to sap all menace from Kylo Ren and the First Order, or that by doing so he put a serious drag on the series. That by turning the First Order into a laughing stock and having Kylo Ren be humiliated so thoroughly by Luke, Rian managed to seriously undermine both TFA and TROS.

Is The Rise of Skywalker going to be great? Yeah. J.J., for all that he can't break formula, understands the melodrama at the heart of Star Wars (and the need for genuinely menacing villains) better than Rian ever did.

So we're going to get Rey as Luke's kid (probably), Kylo will get a decent death scene (bye, *****!), Finn will be revealed as a Jedi, Lando will adopt everybody, Poe will kick ***** and most importantly...

Palpatine will be back to *****-slap everybody. We will get what Snoke should have been: a real, menacing, cackling villain with vision and the ability to improvise. No getting cut through by an un-trained, barely competent apprentice (remember when Snoke said he was going to train Kylo? Yeah, what happened to that, Rian?) for this guy. Just pure, competent evil once more.

Will his return render everything Luke and Anakin went through pointless? ***** no. Luke and Anakin stopped him cold twenty, thirty in-universe years ago, reducing his empire to little more than a group of delusional thugs (also, Anakin has been repeatedly confirmed as the Chosen One of that particular prophecy. They are not gonna retcon it for Rey). That's a big loss, one not even Palps will be able to truly recover from. This is his last gasp, one last hurrah. But ultimately, he lost in RotJ. Everything else is clean up.

TL;DR: the sequels are great, but they'd be better if Rian had made some different choices in TLJ.
  • Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    Kylo and rey are both awesome. So are the sequels. You haters have your little slice of pie and continue to do what you do best. Whine and moan about how awful it is but the rest of us will take our cake and enjoy what the new trilogy has to offer. In a way, i feel sorry for you because star wars is leaving you behind. There is no cure for bad taste so have fun on the hater train.
    ****. You.

That doesn't change the fact that Rian Johnson managed to sap all menace from Kylo Ren and the First Order, or that by doing so he put a serious drag on the series. That by turning the First Order into a laughing stock and having Kylo Ren be humiliated so thoroughly by Luke, Rian managed to seriously undermine both TFA and TROS.

Is The Rise of Skywalker going to be great? Yeah. J.J., for all that he can't break formula, understands the melodrama at the heart of Star Wars (and the need for genuinely menacing villains) better than Rian ever did.

So we're going to get Rey as Luke's kid (probably), Kylo will get a decent death scene (bye, ****!), Finn will be revealed as a Jedi, Lando will adopt everybody, Poe will kick **** and most importantly...

Palpatine will be back to ****-slap everybody. We will get what Snoke should have been: a real, menacing, cackling villain with vision and the ability to improvise. No getting cut through by an un-trained, barely competent apprentice (remember when Snoke said he was going to train Kylo? Yeah, what happened to that, Rian?) for this guy. Just pure, competent evil once more.

Will his return render everything Luke and Anakin went through pointless? **** no. Luke and Anakin stopped him cold twenty, thirty in-universe years ago, reducing his empire to little more than a group of delusional thugs (also, Anakin has been repeatedly confirmed as the Chosen One of that particular prophecy. They are not gonna retcon it for Rey). That's a big loss, one not even Palps will be able to truly recover from. This is his last gasp, one last hurrah. But ultimately, he lost in RotJ. Everything else is clean up.

TL;DR: the sequels are great, but they'd be better if Rian had made some different choices in TLJ.
    Okay. You said a lot but this time it is good. You made your points and you only used harsh words where it applied instead of generalize. I am now willing to have a discussion with you.

HOWEVER

That being said, i think rj was brilliant despite a lot of criticism. I would say some of the criticism is valid while other not so much. There are also a lot of things that are just subjective, and by that i mean things like you expect to happen but didn’t, or just your overall feelings about the story. If you don’t like the humor then that’s a personal thing and yeah i was one of those actually at first with the movie as well.

Secondly, i praise jj for creating force awakens. The thing that sucks about it is apparent now as oppose to when i first watched it and that is that it used the same formula to make the story as a new hope. The hero’s journey was awesome in 1980 on big screen cuz we never seen it before. Now, things require more challenge to get your point across and i think jj is not as good in that. I also like his star trek movies but i prefer what he did in star wars much more. He gave us great characters and then rian johnson challenged those assumptions as characters.

Thirdly, and this is ironic, there is still one more movie left: Palpatine. Oh how you shine. I think he is a force ghost. I don’t think he will have that many lines. His presence will be felt as i think he will be the one to set up the quest or whatever plot the movie will center behind. Snoke sucked and deserved what kylo gave him. Honestly, i was a bit disappointed in kylo in tfa only because i thought he was the big baddie when watching the trailers. It was just used to push the han and leia and luke thing and well all but leia are dead. Lando will live probably and we may see a few surprise characters.
    ****. You.

So we're going to get Rey as Luke's kid (probably), Kylo will get a decent death scene (bye, ****!), Finn will be revealed as a Jedi, Lando will adopt everybody, Poe will kick **** and most importantly...

Palpatine will be back to ****-slap everybody. We will get what Snoke should have been: a real, menacing, cackling villain with vision and the ability to improvise. No getting cut through by an un-trained, barely competent apprentice (remember when Snoke said he was going to train Kylo? Yeah, what happened to that, Rian?) for this guy. Just pure, competent evil once more.

Will his return render everything Luke and Anakin went through pointless? **** no. Luke and Anakin stopped him cold twenty, thirty in-universe years ago, reducing his empire to little more than a group of delusional thugs (also, Anakin has been repeatedly confirmed as the Chosen One of that particular prophecy. They are not gonna retcon it for Rey). That's a big loss, one not even Palps will be able to truly recover from. This is his last gasp, one last hurrah. But ultimately, he lost in RotJ. Everything else is clean up.

Okay. You said a lot but this time it is good. You made your points and you only used harsh words where it applied instead of generalize. I am now willing to have a discussion with you.

HOWEVER

That being said, i think rj was brilliant despite a lot of criticism. I would say some of the criticism is valid while other not so much. There are also a lot of things that are just subjective, and by that i mean things like you expect to happen but didn’t, or just your overall feelings about the story. If you don’t like the humor then that’s a personal thing and yeah i was one of those actually at first with the movie as well.

Secondly, i praise jj for creating force awakens. The thing that sucks about it is apparent now as oppose to when i first watched it and that is that it used the same formula to make the story as a new hope. The hero’s journey was awesome in 1980 on big screen cuz we never seen it before. Now, things require more challenge to get your point across and i think jj is not as good in that. I also like his star trek movies but i prefer what he did in star wars much more. He gave us great characters and then rian johnson challenged those assumptions as characters.

Thirdly, and this is ironic, there is still one more movie left: Palpatine. Oh how you shine. I think he is a force ghost. I don’t think he will have that many lines. His presence will be felt as i think he will be the one to set up the quest or whatever plot the movie will center behind. Snoke sucked and deserved what kylo gave him. Honestly, i was a bit disappointed in kylo in tfa only because i thought he was the big baddie when watching the trailers. It was just used to push the han and leia and luke thing and well all but leia are dead. Lando will live probably and we may see a few surprise characters.
    You are self-righteous, hypocritical, unpleasant and prone to spouting baseless accusations at people.

It's a shame this site doesn't have a block button.
    ****. You.

HOWEVER

You are self-righteous, hypocritical, unpleasant and prone to spouting baseless accusations at people.

It's a shame this site doesn't have a block button.
    I am sorry you feel that way.
  • This is going to be one heck of a movie.

• I think Rey’s is descended from Obi Wan, and her parents where Obi wans grandchildren that just where junk traders that Kylo Ren thought where nobodies. Also I just want to point out that I believe that tie fighter above is not Kylo rens.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Iceninja said:
    I think Rey’s is descended from Obi Wan, and her parents where Obi wans grandchildren that just where junk traders that Kylo Ren thought where nobodies. Also I just want to point out that I believe that tie fighter above is not Kylo rens.
    The problem with the Obi-Wan theory is that we then have to explain who Obi-Wan had kids with, then whoever those people had kids with in order to get to Rey.

I definitely think Kylo Ren didn't have the whole picture (and neither does Rey; if she did, she wouldn't have wasted two movies worrying about it) but I think the Obi-Wan theory just requires too much exposition for a roughly two-hour movie.

As for the fighter... I personally think it's Kylo's, but that's more of a gut feeling than anything solid. It could easily be some other TIE pilot.
  • Iceninja said:
    I think Rey’s is descended from Obi Wan, and her parents where Obi wans grandchildren that just where junk traders that Kylo Ren thought where nobodies. Also I just want to point out that I believe that tie fighter above is not Kylo rens.
    The problem with the Obi-Wan theory is that we then have to explain who Obi-Wan had kids with, then whoever those people had kids with in order to get to Rey.

I definitely think Kylo Ren didn't have the whole picture (and neither does Rey; if she did, she wouldn't have wasted two movies worrying about it) but I think the Obi-Wan theory just requires too much exposition for a roughly two-hour movie.

As for the fighter... I personally think it's Kylo's, but that's more of a gut feeling than anything solid. It could easily be some other TIE pilot.
    Maybe Jar Jar is flying that tie-fighter.

• She's the result of a true convergence in the Force, not the Sith assisted convergence that created Anakin.
  • Iceninja said:

He maybe had kids with the mandalorian queen that he fell in love with during the clone wars.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Iceninja said:
    Iceninja said:

He maybe had kids with the mandalorian queen that he fell in love with during the clone wars.
    'Cept she died.

Without kids.
  • Rey is the real Chosen One, not Anakin. Obi-Wan himself said to Anakin, “You were supposed to be the Chosen One”, as he lay defeated on Mustafar. Anakin made a mess of things. He certainly never brought any balance. 

Just a theory. We’ll see soon enough. 

Let the LOL’s commence. 
  • Rey is the real Chosen One, not Anakin. Obi-Wan himself said to Anakin, “You were supposed to be the Chosen One”, as he lay defeated on Mustafar. Anakin made a mess of things. He certainly never brought any balance. 

Just a theory. We’ll see soon enough. 

Let the LOL’s commence. 

Your comment does make a point.  To me, the term "Chosen One" is just an illusion of perspective, and not just a title.  Anyone can indeed be the chosen one, as long as two of the following:

1.  The chosen fits all of the qualifications of the prophecy; to be true to their heart.

2.  They don't become corrupted or failed like Anakin, (Luke did his part, but then Kylo Ren and Snoke made everything complicated), and it passes on to another individual until the particular fate is achieved.

Whomever, the blue lightsaber always passes on whenever a new evil arises.  Let's hope Rey does not let us down.

• @mattbohrer

I’m guessing she won’t, and the Skywalker saga will be concluded in December. 

I could he wrong. 
  • @mattbohrer

I’m guessing she won’t, and the Skywalker saga will be concluded in December. 

I could he wrong. 

I can't wait!

13x4u0nzufxw.jpg

• My idea: Rey was one of the many students in Luke’s jedi academy. After Kylo burned the school Rey fleed away to an unknown planet but was kidnapped by slave traders who sent her to jakku to work. She forgot everything because she had amnesia when she hit herself hard while on the scrapyard.