criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Star Trek Picard trailer debuts at SDCC

For my fellow fans of both Star Wars and Star Trek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbXy0f0aCN0

I have to say that it actually looks very good. Maybe, just maybe CBS learned their lesson from the dumpster fire that was Star Trek Discovery? 

Replies

• Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    Eh... star trek discovery is doing really well so... there’s that. Though yeah i wouldn’t mind if picard had a more classic feel to it. 
  • Wish I had the app for discovery and picard. 

Guess you play sto also. I'm the weak captains on Xbox. Adams, Chan, and Johnson. I want to make a forth star fleet captain but don't know how to change my bridge officers name display. 

Also.... Does the Klingon and rumulons fractions join star fleet? Or do they stay where they are. 

Guess you play sto also. I'm the weak captains on Xbox. Adams, Chan, and Johnson. I want to make a forth star fleet captain but don't know how to change my bridge officers name display. 

Also.... Does the Klingon and rumulons fractions join star fleet? Or do they stay where they are. 
    The romulans don't join the federation in the show or movies do they? That seems like a bold move for the game to make a decision to join them up. Maybe I'm wrong though. I just remember them not being apart of it in TNG or nemesis though, so I assume they never joined. 

I haven't played STO in a few years, last time I played was when the fight against the Iconians was happening. As far as I know the Federation, Romulans, and Klingons are still separate factions in the game, and they made the Dominion a playable faction as well I heard. 

• They did along with tos and discovery which those two join the time line of the others. 

The romulans don't join the federation in the show or movies do they? That seems like a bold move for the game to make a decision to join them up. Maybe I'm wrong though. I just remember them not being apart of it in TNG or nemesis though, so I assume they never joined. 
    On deep space nine the romulans join with the federation and klingons to beat the dominion and cardassians.
  • bfloo
    15685 posts Member
    Wish I had the app for discovery and picard. 

There were 2 Romulan factions in the game.

I think it is based on the new timeline.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo said:
    Wish I had the app for discovery and picard. 

There were 2 Romulan factions in the game.

I think it is based on the new timeline.
    Yeah, 2 Romulan factions that formed after the destruction of Romulus described in the 2009 Star Trek movie. One faction is an empire lead by Sela (Natasha Yar’s half Romulan daughter), they are the bad faction. The other faction is a Republic, the good faction, which you can play as a member of.

This new Picard series is making the Destruction of Romulus canon in the Prime timeline. The destruction is the divergence point that created the separate timelines; after witnessing the destruction, Nero blames the Federation for not warning the Romulan government of the impending supernova, and used Borg tech to enhance his ship and go back in time to exact his vengeance, as we saw in the 2009 movie. This new series will show the after effects of destruction within the Prime timeline, and considering there seem to be multiple Romulans on Picard’s civilian crew in the trailer, I’d say it’s likely that Picard assisted the Romulan refugees in the wake of the destruction, making Romulan friends in the process. Also worth noting that he made friends with Romulan commander Donatra in Nemesis, which was set just a few years before the destruction.