criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Content Restricting Event

Replies

• Empire_TW said:
    You people say that taking away content is bad, yet many of trooperlords ask for a no hero event. So much hypocrisy.
    I've never asked for no hero events, go troll a different thread
    You support people who do though, so I don't want to hear it.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Empire_TW said:
    Lyc4n said:
    Empire_TW said:
    Lyc4n said:
    Its just a weekend, play a different game mode for that weekend, or do something with your weekend that doesnt include playing the game, its not that deep. Theres many people asking for content restricting events such as a troopers only weekend for cs. Theres also people that ask for less heroes at the end of ga matches and now we are getfing heroes unleashes, i doubt they are very happy about that. Theres always going to be someone that dislikes and someone that likes each thing they do, its just a weekend stop complaining. I personally like the idea of sabers only, i dont even think it makes sense canonically to make blasters be able to fight saber heroes and be balanced with them in the first place, any saber hero would beat any blaster hero 9/10 times so in my eyes heroes should mostly be lightsabers anyway and just have some blasters to change it up with gameplay. 
    I'm not gonna stop complaining when parts of the game are made unavailable for nor good reason.

I don't care that you think sabers should beat any blaster, this is a game, Gameplay>lore.
    Then your going to do alot of complaining with different events, especially wen they restrict heroes in cs or ga to try out large scale infantry only. 
    I know, content restricting events shouldn't exist, there is no justifiable reason for them.
    Its called live service.
    It's actually called events that you aren't forced to participate in.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Empire_TW said:
    Cahhmakt said:
    Agree OP. Most HvV are 7 sabers and 1 blaster anyways
    Sometimes that one blaster isn't there. When I play most times I'm the only blaster, when I'm playing by myself there is the occasional good Han on the other team.

Me and him have the intense fights while all the sabers just spam each other
    Then it's a good thing you pick the only character who can completely negate BALANCED DETONITE.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • MillSmit said:
    MillSmit said:
    Awful. Charecters like Bossk and Han are the most balanced and bug free in the game. Seriously, of all of the things people have been asking for as an event, they randomly just do this? !Not for me I'm afraid.

Most balanced?

Compared to the saber squad, yeah. How is Bossk not balanced?

I'm not entirely sure everyone understands and agrees on what balanced even means. 
  • MillSmit said:
    MillSmit said:
    Awful. Charecters like Bossk and Han are the most balanced and bug free in the game. Seriously, of all of the things people have been asking for as an event, they randomly just do this? !Not for me I'm afraid.

Most balanced?

I'm not entirely sure everyone understands and agrees on what balanced even means. 
    They have no clue imo, to most it’s what makes their individual gameplay better. 
  • MillSmit said:
    MillSmit said:

Most balanced?

Yeah me too
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• MillSmit said:
    MillSmit said:

Most balanced?

He's BEYOND BALANCED!
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • MillSmit said:
    MillSmit said:

Most balanced?

They have no clue imo, to most it’s what makes their individual gameplay better. 

Spot on 
  • MillSmit said:
    MillSmit said:

Most balanced?

Spot on 
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    “It’s only for one weekend”

That’s what I thought too about Heroes Unleashed, now it’s EVERY month. It will only get worse.
    Still only for a weekend. It’s not as if it now once a month for a week. 
  • I like playing blasters and sabers, although sabers are my preference. I mean theyre just cooler. Star wars is about the light sabers. Anyone can aim a blaster and every game has them. Id be cool with a blasters only weekend to. But i must say, the thing that really tickles me about the sabers weekend is that for 3 glorious days we wont have that annoying little gnat Boba buzzing around to deal with. That my friends is going to be great.
  • I want a blaster hero only event so I get beat people as Han or dengar(I mean boba).
  • MillSmit said:
    MillSmit said:

Most balanced?

Spot on 
    Personally I see it as if a character is balanced, they don't need tampering with at Dice's end. They can get the kills, but they are also vulnerable enough to be killed by a single opponent. I would say while Han's (for example) abilities are cooling down he could easily be taken care of. I didn't mean to start a "who is best" tangent, I just meant I agree with the OP. 
  • So we all agree? We want an HvV event / mode that increases the number of 5+ players
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Empire_TW said:
    You people say that taking away content is bad, yet many of trooperlords ask for a no hero event. So much hypocrisy.
    I've never asked for no hero events, go troll a different thread
    You support people who do though, so I don't want to hear it.
    Go Troll a different thread

Content restriction ?

It is. Clearly in a way. But if its very aim is to change the playstyle, for a few days, the purpose is not that bad. Well, yeah only lightsabers HvV won't change much, while a blasters only HvV would truly be fresh.

Sure nothing to be proud of, but clearly not something to hate like that. We don't get to play like usual for a few days, so what ? How is that supposed to be such a problem ? Because some characters in a two-year-old video game will be unavailable for two days ? Really ?

I'll be kinda trolling, but come on, let's stop being so fragile.
    The purpose is to pad out the "live service", they should be doing things that actually add to the game not take them away.

They are taking content away, it deserves hate. Every weekend is turning into an "event" that throws the game out of wack, I know people who can only play on weekends who hate that hey cannot play the game in it's normal state because we got these events.

I'm not fragile simply because I want the whole game to be available.

I like playing blasters and sabers, although sabers are my preference. I mean theyre just cooler. Star wars is about the light sabers. Anyone can aim a blaster and every game has them. Id be cool with a blasters only weekend to. But i must say, the thing that really tickles me about the sabers weekend is that for 3 glorious days we wont have that annoying little gnat Boba buzzing around to deal with. That my friends is going to be great.
    Star Wars is not about lightsabers, a simply nerfing Boba would solve the issues with him, not taking away half the options.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Lawnmow3rMan
    3216 posts Member
    edited August 3
    So then we agree something needs to be done about Boba LOL. I get where you are coming from with restricting content but I disagree with you about the lightsabers. They are a MAJOR part of what makes Star Wars so cool and unique. But hey man like I said I would also be totally cool with a blasters only weekend I like to play both and it's only just for one weekend. Could be interesting to see how having no blasters or no Sabers changes the dynamic of HvV. Just saying
    Post edited by Lawnmow3rMan on
  • Lawnmow3rMan
    3216 posts Member
    edited August 3
    Also for the record, i think another cool event would be increasing the HvV team sizes.
  • Also for the record, i think another cool event would be increasing the HvV team sizes.
    True!
  • It’s not that people can’t handle change for a couple of days, it’s just a wasted opportunity where they could be MUCH more creative with these events. At least that’s how I see it.

More BP price reductions and fast spawn events? Lame. Boring. Repetitive. That’s more of an issue than this saber only event, which I also will not be participating in.  
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Empire_TW said:
    So then we agree something needs to be done about Boba LOL. I get where you are coming from with restricting content but I disagree with you about the lightsabers. They are a MAJOR part of what makes Star Wars so cool and unique. But hey man like I said I would also be totally cool with a blasters only weekend I like to play both and it's only just for one weekend. Could be interesting to see how having no blasters or no Sabers changes the dynamic of HvV. Just saying
    Only people who don't agree that Boba needs a nerf are people who like him.

Lightsabers are far from what make Star Wars unique, in the very first movie lightsabers had like 5 minutes of total screentime and are far from the main reasons I like this universe. 

No blasters just mean the game will play the same since that's how HvV normally is these days and will be heavily favored for the DS since they have Vader and Kylo, no sabers would still be DS dominance, even more so considering that Han is the only really good LS blaster.
    We will just have to agree to disagree on the saber thing. To each his own. While i agree that with players of equal skill the DS absolutely has the advantage in an all sabers match, I wouldnt say Han is the only good LS blaster. Chewy(although a shadow of his former self) is still an absoulte terror in skilled hands and say what you will but I also do very well with Leia. Finn is also a beast in the right hands and has a team buff. DS has Boba of course who is an absoulte nightmare but Finn can counter him. Iden wrecks but a good Lando can counter her quite nicely. Triple B and Palps have good mobilility tho but can be melted by pretty much anyone. I dont know man... in an all blasters match with players of equal skill, Id almost be inclined to say advantage LS. Just my opinion. Im not gonna keep going back and forth but to keep the thread on point, i dont mind the weekend events but i totally get where youre coming from with limiting content. MTFBWY
  • Empire_TW said:
    I know people who can only play on weekends who hate that hey cannot play the game in it's normal state because we got these events.

This!
    Ahah, I do understand this point. I'm in the reverse position, I can never play in the week-ends so I've almost never tried these events. Never had a double-triple XP Event before they brought it to Wednesday.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    You are just angry because you can't play Iden Versio on that weekend.
    Try rereading everything I've said.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Lyc4n
    1463 posts Member
    Balanced means that both teams have an equal chance of winning, this doesnt mean they have an equal chance of winning every encounter in every situation, units have their pros and cons but overall the game will go to the higher skill or people that played better. Balanced is also that each unit is just as bad when you catch them in their disadvantaged position as they are good when they catch you at their advantaged position. 
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Lyc4n said:
    Balanced means that both teams have an equal chance of winning, this doesnt mean they have an equal chance of winning every encounter in every situation, units have their pros and cons but overall the game will go to the higher skill or people that played better. Balanced is also that each unit is just as bad when you catch them in their disadvantaged position as they are good when they catch you at their advantaged position. 
    The DS is better than the LS and this game is so buggy and inconsistent that the game has more of a chance to go in their favor than the LS. The DS is better than the LS in just about everyway.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    bfloo said:
    Events should have their own lobbies so people can play the regular way if they choose to.
    Not enough people play this game to do something like that

in b4 literally trillions play this game
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • DS and LS lightsaber heros are more or less equal. DS Blaster heros are much stronger than the LS Blaster Heros
  • Ls blasters are definitely stronger, with the only weak one being lando. Finn tops the charts in HvV. 
  • VadersPetPig_
    788 posts Member
    edited August 5
    Honestly feel like this game isn’t meant to be taken seriously at all, it sucks for players who’ve been playing excessively since launch. I think this game is meant for gamers who don’t care about it, but then hop on to play when those rare updates come out every few months. It’s the sad truth.

I can’t imagine how dead this game will be when Fallen Order comes out. Lol. Sucks that this game is the only supported multiplayer Star Wars game.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Cahhmakt said:
    Ls blasters are definitely stronger, with the only weak one being lando. Finn tops the charts in HvV. 
    Lando was nerfed, having a dodgeable CC and a gun that has basically no effectiveness at range makes him pretty weak and Finn is only really good for big deal.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Honestly feel like this game isn’t meant to be taken seriously at all, it sucks for players who’ve been playing excessively since launch. I think this game is meant for gamers who don’t care about it, but then hop on to play when those rare updates come out every few months. It’s the sad truth.

I can’t imagine how dead this game will be when Fallen Order comes out. Lol. Sucks that this game is the only supported multiplayer Star Wars game.
    It is hardly supported as well.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • F8RGE said:

The thing with events is that for every one person saying "this is bad" there are two others saying "this is great". 

And vice-versa...
  • Weapons? 

at the end of August everyone will at least have something they can look forward to.

• Weapons? 

at the end of August everyone will at least have something they can look forward to.

Rogue One content confirmed.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Weapons? 

Rogue One content confirmed.
    Or how about an "Era Selection" event? Where you can choose your era for GA and similar
  • Lyc4n
    1463 posts Member
    F8RGE said:
    Few things.

Events. When it comes to them our goal is to always try new things. It's never about content restrictions or removing content but more about changing up the gameplay for a short period of time. There are also the staple events such as increased EXP which we will throw in from time to time. These not only help those veterans who have been playing for a while to finish maxing out characters, but also help new players ramp up.

The thing with events is that for every one person saying "this is bad" there are two others saying "this is great". Or those that enjoy it don't say anything because they content with just playing it.

Just reading this thread alone you can see people saying that they aren't too fussed about lightsabers only, but would like a blaster only event, or trooper only. 

There will be events that you don't like, and while that is regrettable it is the age old situation of not being able to please everyone. but we will always do what we can to please the majority.

We asked people what they thought about events in the latest community survey and all of them scored relatively highly. It is of course personal opinion, but we feel that the overall sense is that these events do bring something different every now and then. We will keep experimenting with them too, which is what we are doing with the lightsaber only weekend. It's also why we now have Double Experience Wednesdays, which helps those who are unable to play at a weekend and often miss out things. That started as an experiment and is now here to stay.

A lot of comments are stating we don't have a clue or aren't supporting the game. I'd disagree with that, but I don't think anything I say will change your minds. You've been saying the same thing for as long as I can remember, that the game is dead etc. But here we are, releasing content almost (I know July just happened) every month and getting ready to detail what to expect over the coming months as well.

Player count remain positive and our data, which is a mix from in-game telemetry, surveys and others are indicating that game health is trending upwards. You might things are all doom and gloom, but it seems the majority of the community might not share the same outlook as you. "Prove it" you will say, but you know what, we don't have to give you hard numbers. The reality is that even when we say "here are the numbers" we'd get people coming back with "don't believe you".

I think it's rare thing these days that developers do share a lot of this sort of data, if anything it tends to only be around marque numbers (total players, anniversaries etc). Whether you belief it or not is down to your own prerogative.

This isn't to say that things aren't perfect, we know there are areas we need to address. Bugs and issues being one of them - we are dedicating more time within the team to bug fixing, and addressing specific content requests - I'm cautiously optimistic that at the end of August everyone will at least have something they can look forward to.
    Strongly agree
  • Empire_TW mentionned there are players who can only play on week-ends that would like a normal game.

What if a solution, like what was started with Double XP Wednesday, was to make those events spread around weeks ? Say in August we'd get events Sat 3 - Sun 4, then Mon 12 - Tue 13, then Wed 21 - Thu 22, then Fri 30, Sat 31 etc. ? Not the best example but you see the point.
    This way, people who want to try events but can not play at Week-ends would be able to do so, those who can only play at Week-ends would be able to have normal games.
  • F8RGE said:
    Few things.

Events. When it comes to them our goal is to always try new things. It's never about content restrictions or removing content but more about changing up the gameplay for a short period of time. There are also the staple events such as increased EXP which we will throw in from time to time. These not only help those veterans who have been playing for a while to finish maxing out characters, but also help new players ramp up.

The thing with events is that for every one person saying "this is bad" there are two others saying "this is great". Or those that enjoy it don't say anything because they content with just playing it.

Just reading this thread alone you can see people saying that they aren't too fussed about lightsabers only, but would like a blaster only event, or trooper only. 

There will be events that you don't like, and while that is regrettable it is the age old situation of not being able to please everyone. but we will always do what we can to please the majority.

We asked people what they thought about events in the latest community survey and all of them scored relatively highly. It is of course personal opinion, but we feel that the overall sense is that these events do bring something different every now and then. We will keep experimenting with them too, which is what we are doing with the lightsaber only weekend. It's also why we now have Double Experience Wednesdays, which helps those who are unable to play at a weekend and often miss out things. That started as an experiment and is now here to stay.

A lot of comments are stating we don't have a clue or aren't supporting the game. I'd disagree with that, but I don't think anything I say will change your minds. You've been saying the same thing for as long as I can remember, that the game is dead etc. But here we are, releasing content almost (I know July just happened) every month and getting ready to detail what to expect over the coming months as well.

Player count remain positive and our data, which is a mix from in-game telemetry, surveys and others are indicating that game health is trending upwards. You might things are all doom and gloom, but it seems the majority of the community might not share the same outlook as you. "Prove it" you will say, but you know what, we don't have to give you hard numbers. The reality is that even when we say "here are the numbers" we'd get people coming back with "don't believe you".

I think it's rare thing these days that developers do share a lot of this sort of data, if anything it tends to only be around marque numbers (total players, anniversaries etc). Whether you belief it or not is down to your own prerogative.

This isn't to say that things aren't perfect, we know there are areas we need to address. Bugs and issues being one of them - we are dedicating more time within the team to bug fixing, and addressing specific content requests - I'm cautiously optimistic that at the end of August everyone will at least have something they can look forward to.

1. Given that you are making modalities that favor new players and those trying to complete 100% of the trophies, you could facilitate some challenges that have become too difficult during many nerf (push 5 enemies with a push with Luke, kill 3 enemies with a Fett rocket shot, 50 kills with Iden's sniper rifle). 2. Is there a plan to work out a solution to the launch bugs? (I described one frequently in my discussion) Thanks for your attention.