criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

An app for these forums

Lyc4n
1463 posts Member
Could there be an app made for these forums with notifications coming straight to our phone if we want them to. Also could we have notifications when someone quotes one of our messages please.

Replies

• Lyc4n said:
    Could there be an app made for these forums with notifications coming straight to our phone if we want them to. Also could we have notifications when someone quotes one of our messages please.
    The games they are developing are broken, the forums you are using are full of bugs as well and just had major issues a few days ago - how in the world do they have a) time and b) resources to come up with an app for these forums... They will tell you to switch to a different platform than these forums
  • Lyc4n
    1463 posts Member
    Lyc4n said:
    The games they are developing are broken, the forums you are using are full of bugs as well and just had major issues a few days ago - how in the world do they have a) time and b) resources to come up with an app for these forums... They will tell you to switch to a different platform than these forums
    True although i doubt the people that work on these forums work on the actual game. Either way if not avialable for this game, do it for the next battlefront
  • Lyc4n said:
    Lyc4n said:
    True although i doubt the people that work on these forums work on the actual game. Either way if not avialable for this game, do it for the next battlefront
    Well, I do not know. The entitlements are a little bit strange tbh. Ben e.g. is entitled as Community Manager, but also as member of the SWBF Dev Team and so on... therefore I am not quite sure where dependencies end and start
  • Lyc4n
    1463 posts Member
    Lyc4n said:
    Lyc4n said:
    Well, I do not know. The entitlements are a little bit strange tbh. Ben e.g. is entitled as Community Manager, but also as member of the SWBF Dev Team and so on... therefore I am not quite sure where dependencies end and start
    This is very true, but i think hes more like the bridge between both teams, the guy that communicates what teams want and helps decide on things coming. I might be wrong though i have no idea, i just think for the next game, an official app which can be advertised on the games menu would be very good for the game, more people are likely to get an app than enter a website (in my opinion)
  • IIPrest0nII
    4780 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    EA Forums and Star Wars Battlefront forums as well are handled by EA Community Forum Team  They are responsible for the forums. I very doubt that it's possible to make a separate application for the forums since the forums are built on Vanilla Forums engine and any developments related to forums depend on the forum supplier i.e. Vanilla Forums. So, to create the application, the EA Community Team will have to speak with Vanilla Forums, spend resources, money and of course time.

I'd not count on it.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • Lyc4n
    1463 posts Member
    EA Forums and Star Wars Battlefront forums as well are handled by EA Community Forum Team  They are responsible for the forums. I very doubt that it's possible to make a separate application for the forums since the forums are built on Vanilla Forums engine and any developments related to forums depend on the forum supplier i.e. Vanilla Forums. So, to create the application, the EA Community Team will have to speak with Vanilla Forums, spend resources, money and of course time.

I'd not count on it.
    Thank you for the information, this is a shame
  • That would be helpful for communication connections
  • Lyc4n
    1463 posts Member
    Yeah or if they cant do that at least include a notification on here for when you get quoted
  • Yes. May I ask, who would be the most prominent figure here? I'm an ambassador to this forum.
  • Lyc4n
    1463 posts Member
    TheRaptor wrote: »
    Yes. May I ask, who would be the most prominent figure here? I'm an ambassador to this forum.

What do you mean?
  • _HoTh_
    18 posts Member
    what you are looking for is the bungie.net OffTopic
  • (Quote)

Even if they had A & B they still don't have C which is the godd*mn competence to do it right.