criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Give us more Extraction Maps Please.

Replies

• A few days ago i played a few matches of extraction in SWBF1 on SoroSuub Reffinery and i had so much fun. It wasn't because i would think the mode is superior compared to the SWBF2 Version, it was just because it's such a wonderful variety to play this mode on another map than Kessel or Jabbas Palace and use more weapons (like the T-21, EE-3 or the SE-14c). I wish, this map (and the other extraction maps too) would be part of SWBF2.

I also think, that the campaign maps of Bespin, Vardos, Sullust and especially Pillio could work perfectly as extraction maps.

M(ore) E(xtraction) M(aps) P(lease)

-> DICE plz!
    -> (Extraction Maps) CT when?
  • New community survey is up and running. There is nothing about Extraction specifically, so you’ll have to request more maps when it asks what would make you recommend this game to a friend, or something like that. You know what to do. M.E.M.P
  • New community survey is up and running. There is nothing about Extraction specifically, so you’ll have to request more maps when it asks what would make you recommend this game to a friend, or something like that. You know what to do. M.E.M.P
    Done. More extraction maps please.
  • Such a great mode that only requires more maps. I’ll add the request for more maps in the most recent survey as I’ve done in all the previous surveys. 
    #StarWars-y
  • To anyone hoping for new Extraction maps, I really don’t think you’re ever gonna get new maps for BF2. This was from today’s Community Survey post. :(

• killerzf7 said:
    To anyone hoping for new Extraction maps, I really don’t think you’re ever gonna get new maps for BF2. This was from today’s Community Survey post. :(

Sad times
  • I dont buy it.
  • ugh... I don't see how extraction could rank so poorly. Such a great mode.
  • Remember that huge thread for the emote wheel?  Remember all those requests for voice lines wheel?  All those complaints about the chickens not functioning properly or how the clone helmet wasn’t shiny enough in the opening scene of GA Geonosis?  All of those threads praising JPC and how balanced heroes are now. 
    Yeah, me neither. 
    #StarWars-y
  • It needs more maps.  It is so fun!  MEMP!
  • 1 day I'll come back and play this game 
    When we get new Extraction Maps 
    A month a  year or never
    Well they made the updates for this mode like starwars 

More Extraction Maps Please 
    But not so far far away 

• Bespin - get Han's body frozen in carbonite - either to the ***** or Slave 1.

Mustafar - hmmm....maybe get a Droid (playable) and bring it across the map...

I stole 1.5 of these ideas...but they are great....
  • Maybe we can get an extraction map where we extract some more extraction maps from DICE?  M.E.M.P!
    I like this idea.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Day 300, no new extraction maps
  • I try to Tweet Dennis and politely ask for Extraction maps - at a minimum, Sullust.  I don't know what else we can do, especially if they are claiming that the idea yielded lackluster results in one of the last Community Surveys.  :(
  • I try to Tweet Dennis and politely ask for Extraction maps - at a minimum, Sullust.  I don't know what else we can do, especially if they are claiming that the idea yielded lackluster results in one of the last Community Surveys.  :(
    Yeah it is a little disheartening.  At this point I'll just keep enjoying the two maps we have... My hope is that since the "extraction crew" is overall a pretty polite and constructive group that they throw us a bone someday.
    Yeah it is a little disheartening.  At this point I'll just keep enjoying the two maps we have... My hope is that since the "extraction crew" is overall a pretty polite and constructive group that they throw us a bone someday.
    Me too.  It's a fun mode.  Sorely underrepresented. 
  • off topic, but probably the best place to ask.  Is it just me or do others run into the following:  When I am trying to drop a close shot right by the payload (like in the tunnel on the first phase of Kessel) I get blocked by an invisible "wall" on either side of the payload.  It's almost like the payload occupies more space than what is visible in gameplay?  Just curious.

Anyway M.E.M.P!

• Sullust and or DS Extraction maps. 
    #StarWars-y
  • off topic, but probably the best place to ask.  Is it just me or do others run into the following:  When I am trying to drop a close shot right by the payload (like in the tunnel on the first phase of Kessel) I get blocked by an invisible "wall" on either side of the payload.  It's almost like the payload occupies more space than what is visible in gameplay?  Just curious.

Anyway M.E.M.P!

Yes, this happens.  It's more difficult for me to shoot above the carrier than below it.  Seems a lot of players shoot below it to hit your feet.
  • At this point I’d almost rather they not touch extraction.   HVV and CS have suffered greatly from further development and were better in the original states.    I feel like extraction is so perfect that it might get screwed up if any attention was paid to it.  
  • Scottawan said:
    At this point I’d almost rather they not touch extraction.   HVV and CS have suffered greatly from further development and were better in the original states.    I feel like extraction is so perfect that it might get screwed up if any attention was paid to it.  
    Reverse psychology?  Yeah more maps would be a travesty.

M.E.M.P.
  • Sorry guys. I’ve been taking a temporary hiatus from the forums.
    Btw, I am loving the full Extraction lobbies at any time of day on the Xbox US Virginia servers! I am still shocked that I can get full lobbies 24/7 for a game mode that has only two maps, but perhaps that’s because Extraction is one of the best small-scale trooper game modes in the game.
    More Extraction maps please!
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • Even 2 more Extraction maps would save what is an amazing mode. More Extraction maps is an absolute MUST. 
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Sorry guys. I’ve been taking a temporary hiatus from the forums.
    Btw, I am loving the full Extraction lobbies at any time of day on the Xbox US Virginia servers! I am still shocked that I can get full lobbies 24/7 for a game mode that has only two maps, but perhaps that’s because Extraction is one of the best small-scale trooper game modes in the game.
    Good to have you back. I’m not having problems finding matches for a mode that apparently isn’t that popular. 
    New and or ported maps for some trooper oriented content called Extraction would be most welcomed. 
    #StarWars-y
  • Even 2 more Extraction maps would save what is an amazing mode. More Extraction maps is an absolute MUST. 
    It would double the amount of good content in this game ;)
    PSN: this_old_mouse
    It would double the amount of good content in this game ;)
    Especially if they introduced the other two eras.
  • Sullust pipelines and refinery maps. 
    #StarWars-y
    Yup. These are the two we need. Add them to Blast and dare a say, Strike? 
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Played a little strike yesterday and it was fun, but it's no extraction.

More extraction maps please.
  • M.E.M.P!

• If they’re not going to add new maps for Extraction or Starfighter Assault, would anyone else be interested if they merge these modes into phases for OT Capital Supremacy?

If they ever bring Capital Supremacy to the OT era, I think that it should be slightly different to the current one that we have.

The ground phase would be exactly the same, and it would not have starfighters. However, in the capital ship phase, you have some new objectives depending on the map.

On certain maps, the objectives could be destroying the ship’s hyperdrive generator, shield generator, escape shuttles, etc.. On other maps however, the Imperials could try to board a Rebel MC80 and Extract a payload, Gonk Droid, etc.

The Rebels could also board an Imperial Star Destroyer and Extract R2-D2, a payload, etc..

After the capital ship phase, depending on the map, there would be a Starfighter Assault phase.

In this phase, the team that dominated the ground phase could attack the exterior of the enemy’s capital ship and destroy it.

In this phase, there would be Light Cruisers for the defenders and Bombing Squadrons for the attackers. Basically an all-out starfighter battle.
  • Imladithil2002
    265 posts Member
    edited August 6
    killerzf7 said:
    If they’re not going to add new maps for Extraction or Starfighter Assault, would anyone else be interested if they merge these modes into phases for OT Capital Supremacy?

If they ever bring Capital Supremacy to the OT era, I think that it should be slightly different to the current one that we have.

The ground phase would be exactly the same, and it would not have starfighters. However, in the capital ship phase, you have some new objectives depending on the map.

On certain maps, the objectives could be destroying the ship’s hyperdrive generator, shield generator, escape shuttles, etc.. On other maps however, the Imperials could try to board a Rebel MC80 and Extract a payload, Gonk Droid, etc.

The Rebels could also board an Imperial Star Destroyer and Extract R2-D2, a payload, etc..

After the capital ship phase, depending on the map, there would be a Starfighter Assault phase.

In this phase, the team that dominated the ground phase could attack the exterior of the enemy’s capital ship and destroy it.

In this phase, there would be Light Cruisers for the defenders and Bombing Squadrons for the attackers. Basically an all-out starfighter battle.
    Yeah, that idea is quite good. Since the objective on the ship phase is an objective from strike, the devs could possibly bring in the other objective for the ST era and extraction for the GCW. But in my point of view they really should port over the Imperial Star Destroyer and the Mon Calamari Cruiser to extraction, if they are about to do that.
  • killerzf7 said:
    If they’re not going to add new maps for Extraction or Starfighter Assault, would anyone else be interested if they merge these modes into phases for OT Capital Supremacy?

Yeah, that idea is quite good. Since the objective on the ship phase is an objective from strike, the devs could possibly bring in the other objective for the ST era and extraction for the GCW. But in my point of view they really should port over the Imperial Star Destroyer and the Mon Calamari Cruiser to extraction, if they are about to do that.
    Even if they do bring them over to Extraction, which I guess they should, it would still be a good idea to put them in Capital Supremacy because it’ll satisfy the player-Base.

The player-base mainly wants infantry combat and Extraction is just that, only it has two maps.

Bringing Extraction to the capital ship phase will provide the close-quarter infantry combat that people have been wanting. I think it worked pretty well most of the time in the Battlestation game mode from BF2015.
  • I can't speak for everyone, but I think one reason that many folks like extraction (aside from the objective focus and intense play) is that there are no heros.  Adding an extraction "phase" to CS would be fun, but I don't think it would capture the same base that is currently filling extraction lobbies.  BTW, had some awesome matches last night... shortest wait times to find games.
    Yeah, I do see what you mean. Heroes would be pretty much the one thing that would make it different from the actual Extraction game mode.

However, it’ll at least be like the Battlestation game mode from BF2015.
    Agreed, per usual.  You get it.  I wish the Devs would dignify this thread. :(
    Yup. These are the two we need. Add them to Blast and dare a say, Strike? 
    I mean, is this too much to ask?  Porting Sullust would make Extraction three dimensional.  Obvs, adding the Palace Garage, a reconstituted Carbonite Freezing Chamber, and Battle Station Phase 2 (R2 extraction) would be amazing as well, but clearly that is asking too much... 16k posts in this thread, and radio silence.
  • I can't speak for everyone, but I think one reason that many folks like extraction (aside from the objective focus and intense play) is that there are no heros.  Adding an extraction "phase" to CS would be fun, but I don't think it would capture the same base that is currently filling extraction lobbies.  BTW, had some awesome matches last night... shortest wait times to find games.
    I definitely like it because of no heroes. I don’t play hero modes like hero showdown and HVV. I rarely get heroes in GA or CS. I’d rather play other classes. I’m just not into the whole hero thing. And I really dislike it when I’m in a groove in a match and a hero comes along and wipes me out in 1 second. 😡 Oh, and more Extraction maps please!!! 
    Agreed.  Extraction and Blast are veritable safe havens at this point, since Cargo and Drop Zone appear to be bafflingly non-negotiable.
  • Instead of double xp Wednesdays, how about doubling the number of extraction maps?

More extraction maps please.
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1624 posts Member
    edited August 7
    M.E.M.P. (More Extraction Maps, Punk!)
  • Franchaud wrote: »
    If they released one new extraction map, how would you react? Just curious.

Sure, I'd be happy and begin playing the mode more regularly. But...

I'd be playing daily again.

that spawn camp trash? f this mode.

Oh yeah?

No!

considering there's only two maps... considering hero tryhards always tell troops to 'go play the small troop modes'... considering DICE said 'we're looking into a troop only large scale event' and NOTHING but heroes unleashed this month... yes...YES let us camp then. MORE EXTRACTIONMAPS. two is pathetic.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • considering there's only two maps... considering hero tryhards always tell troops to 'go play the small troop modes'... considering DICE said 'we're looking into a troop only large scale event' and NOTHING but heroes unleashed this month... yes...YES let us camp then. MORE EXTRACTIONMAPS. two is pathetic.[/quote]

I myself was once playing Galactic Assault on Hoth and I was strafing people in a Y-Wing Bomber.

A player later sent me a message saying “Go back to Starfighter Assault” and some other rude things that I can’t remember exactly.

Starfighter Assault hasn’t gotten any new maps since TLJ, so I like to play in a starfighter in GA sometimes and take out AT-STs and other vehicles.
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    edited August 7
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    considering there's only two maps... considering hero tryhards always tell troops to 'go play the small troop modes'... considering DICE said 'we're looking into a troop only large scale event' and NOTHING but heroes unleashed this month... yes...YES let us camp then. MORE EXTRACTIONMAPS. two is pathetic.

I myself was once playing Galactic Assault on Hoth and I was strafing people in a Y-Wing Bomber.

A player later sent me a message saying “Go back to Starfighter Assault” and some other rude things that I can’t remember exactly.

Starfighter Assault hasn’t gotten any new maps since TLJ, so I like to play in a starfighter in GA sometimes and take out AT-STs and other vehicles.
    [/quote]

well, that depends. afaik hitting troopers with a fighter is way more difficult than ohk 'em with a saber. for me as a trooper you're....2 times out of 10 annoying. unless you're one of the bp farmers. then it's 8 out of ten. just lazy. but bomb away. SA...too many auto rockets to enjoy imo. no dogfights. oh, the crutches...
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter