criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Disney+-Hulu-ESPN+ bundle: anyone getting it?

lowell
1308 posts Member
edited August 7

Apparently, it's going to be priced at $12.99.

Post edited by lowell on

Replies

• rollind24
    5851 posts Member
    edited August 7
    Yessir. If I can get live sports on an app on my TV I’d cancel cable.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • lowell
    1308 posts Member
    rollind24 said:
    Yessir. If I can get live sports on an app on my TV I’d cancel cable.

Yeah, just to let you know, I found out ESPN+'s content is on top of what is already in the ESPN channels so if you do get them through Hulu Live TV, ESPN+ would be complementary to that, like how Disney+ is complementary to everything from the movies to the networks, etc.
  • I am definitely getting Disney +

So does this mean that there is a bundle you can purchase on these 3 together?
  • Just seen the press release... I'm in!
  • OcDoc
    1858 posts Member
    Was thinking about just getting the Disney + for the new Star Wars show, but I get it with Hulu and ESPN+... that’s pretty much a definitely for me.
  • lowell
    1308 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »
    Was thinking about just getting the Disney + for the new Star Wars show, but I get it with Hulu and ESPN+... that’s pretty much a definitely for me.

Yeah, besides Resistance airing on Disney Channel, the rest of Star Wars TV is being saved for Disney+:

TCW Season 7

The Mandalorian Season 1

Cassian & K-2SO series

post-ROTJ Rebels sequel series (likely since Disney XD's not a viable platform anymore or it could still go to Disney Channel)

alongside the films, TCW movie & Seasons 1-6 episodes, and the entire run of Rebels.

Don't know if we'll get a Star Wars show on ABC eventually but that was an idea in consideration a few years back.

• Oh, this is still Disney+ news but specifically about Disney Rewards cardholders: You will soon be getting in the mail 2 different discounts for Disney+: 2-year subscription for $119.99 ($20 discount) & 3-year subscription for $169.99 ($40 discount). I just got mine in the mail and just wanted to inform other cardholders that they're starting to roll those offers out. The offers are available until September 30th and subscribers will get an exclusive digital Lady and the Tramp poster.
  • rollind24
    5851 posts Member
    edited September 15
    I made my mind up today. I will officially be cutting the cable cord in November. I should have plenty to watch with this Disney Plus bundle, Netflix, Amazon prime and will also sign up for Apple TV +. As for the rest of the live sports go, I’ll figure that out, maybe just Hulu Live TV during seasons/post seasons I care about.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I made my mind up today. I will officially be cutting the cable cord in November. I should have plenty to watch with this Disney Plus bundle, Netflix, Amazon prime and will also sign up for Apple TV +. As for the rest of the live sports go, I’ll figure that out, maybe just Hulu Live TV during seasons/post seasons I care about.

Oh, I just got really interesting news this morning: Disney+ could be the first foreign streaming service to enter China formally next year and also maybe skipping any censorship from the government.

It was tweeted out but then that account got locked and deleted but that person has been reliable about US films' box office in China so it might be something be worked on right now by Disney to get Disney+'s China launch in 2020.

For me, specifically, I'm more specific in the services I choose and that's why I still look at Disney+ being a supplement to Disney Channel, Disney XD, and National Geographic, ESPN+ being a supplement to ESPN, and Hulu being the same for ABC, Freeform, and FX. They really add value to each other in a way since you'll get new shows on both mediums with the big library being on the service, giving more bang for your buck.

I do know cord-cutting is happening but it's not at an alarming rate so I'm pretty comfortable sticking to satellite and picking out 1-3 streaming services that I really want to get.

HBO Max is also another service I'll be getting because it's also a supplement to the CW, Turner channels, HBO, and Cinemax.
  • lowell wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »

Oh, I just got really interesting news this morning: Disney+ could be the first foreign streaming service to enter China formally next year and also maybe skipping any censorship from the government.

It was tweeted out but then that account got locked and deleted but that person has been reliable about US films' box office in China so it might be something be worked on right now by Disney to get Disney+'s China launch in 2020.

For me, specifically, I'm more specific in the services I choose and that's why I still look at Disney+ being a supplement to Disney Channel, Disney XD, and National Geographic, ESPN+ being a supplement to ESPN, and Hulu being the same for ABC, Freeform, and FX. They really add value to each other in a way since you'll get new shows on both mediums with the big library being on the service, giving more bang for your buck.

I do know cord-cutting is happening but it's not at an alarming rate so I'm pretty comfortable sticking to satellite and picking out 1-3 streaming services that I really want to get.

HBO Max is also another service I'll be getting because it's also a supplement to the CW, Turner channels, HBO, and Cinemax.

You just reminded me that I’m also subscribed to the HBO and Showtime channels on Amazon Prime for the extra cost lol. I have DirecTV but honestly for the past year or two I’ve been the only one to really utilize it for sports out of my household so it might be time.

As for skipping censorship from China I’m not sure how that’d work. Did they get some permission from them or something? Even if they got permission I would have to see it to believe it, they could change their mind pretty quick.
    #infantrylivesmatter
    lowell wrote: »

You just reminded me that I’m also subscribed to the HBO and Showtime channels on Amazon Prime for the extra cost lol. I have DirecTV but honestly for the past year or two I’ve been the only one to really utilize it for sports out of my household so it might be time.

As for skipping censorship from China I’m not sure how that’d work. Did they get some permission from them or something? Even if they got permission I would have to see it to believe it, they could change their mind pretty quick.

HBO Max is apparently replacing HBO Max (direct streaming) & HBO Go (the TV everywhere app for actual subscriptions to the channels) so I'm guessing your subscription will be transferred there anyway.

A reason I heard censorship could be avoided is because of the library content being cleared already, especially the films when they were released theatrically in the country and the shows are legacy content.

Disney also self-censors themselves first before releasing any content in China is something else I also heard.

Plus, the benefit of Disney having Hong Kong & Shanghai Disneyland parks, the presence of Disney Stores and the Disney English program in the country does actually represent a strong tie between Disney and the Chinese government, so it's not surprising if they're trying to work out negotiations right now for Disney+ to enter the country.
  • rollind24
    5851 posts Member
    edited September 15

HBO Max is apparently replacing HBO Max (direct streaming) & HBO Go (the TV everywhere app for actual subscriptions to the channels) so I'm guessing your subscription will be transferred there anyway.

A reason I heard censorship could be avoided is because of the library content being cleared already, especially the films when they were released theatrically in the country and the shows are legacy content.

Disney also self-censors themselves first before releasing any content in China is something else I also heard.

Plus, the benefit of Disney having Hong Kong & Shanghai Disneyland parks, the presence of Disney Stores and the Disney English program in the country does actually represent a strong tie between Disney and the Chinese government, so it's not surprising if they're trying to work out negotiations right now for Disney+ to enter the country.

Ive never heard of HBO max so I’ll check out what that is. I know there is HBO Go and another HBO app (maybe it’s max I’m thinking of). I certainly don’t want to lose my HBO access with Watchmen and His Dark Materials coming up soon.
    #infantrylivesmatter

Ive never heard of HBO max so I’ll check out what that is. I know there is HBO Go and another HBO app (maybe it’s max I’m thinking of). I certainly don’t want to lose my HBO access with Watchmen and His Dark Materials coming up soon.

HBO Max is basically WarnerMedia (formerly Time Warner, parent of Warner Bros., Turner Networks, HBO)'s direct-to-consumer all-in-one service. They'll be bringing all the libraries they have together into one service and the plan is to move all subscribers from HBO Max, HBO Go, the Boomerang, DC Universe, VRV, & Crunchyroll services once the service has a stable launch next year (no bugs, crashes, gaining high subscriber rates through discounts being offered to AT&T customers from Wireless, U-Verse TV, DIRECTV & DIRECTV Now, Internet, Home Phone since AT&T owns WarnerMedia now, etc.).
  • lowell wrote: »

HBO Max is basically WarnerMedia (formerly Time Warner, parent of Warner Bros., Turner Networks, HBO)'s direct-to-consumer all-in-one service. They'll be bringing all the libraries they have together into one service and the plan is to move all subscribers from HBO Max, HBO Go, the Boomerang, DC Universe, VRV, & Crunchyroll services once the service has a stable launch next year (no bugs, crashes, gaining high subscriber rates through discounts being offered to AT&T customers from Wireless, U-Verse TV, DIRECTV & DIRECTV Now, Internet, Home Phone since AT&T owns WarnerMedia now, etc.).

Oh well count me as interested in that. I signed up for DC Universe but cancelled when I heard Swamp Thing was done. This seems like a much better choice rather than having DC in its own silo.
    #infantrylivesmatter

Oh well count me as interested in that. I signed up for DC Universe but cancelled when I heard Swamp Thing was done. This seems like a much better choice rather than having DC in its own silo.

I mean, they announced Doom Patrol Season 2 for both DC Universe and HBO Max (Season 1 is coming for the beta). Seems to be that DC Universe might eventually be retooled to be similar to Marvel Unlimited (just the comics library) and all the DC films and shows gets moved towards a DC section on HBO Max, similar to Marvel's presence on Disney+.

This is the trailer they planned for the service (more details coming on AT&T's Investor Day, October 29 at the Warner Bros. Studios lot in Burbank):

• Didn’t know they were doing that🤭🤭🤭. YES. That’s a clutch bundle. Easily worth money.