criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• TheLightningYu
    2 posts Member
    edited August 7

1. What do you (truly) want?

2. What do you expect? Like bare minimum. What do you think they are actually bringing us?

3. What would **** you off?! 

What are your opinions???
    1. It's hard to say, because it's also an matter of context if we talking in the "Realm" of "Possible" or straight out, what i'd really want to see? Because like other mentioned, best case scenario would be for me all avialable Modes also Available with Arcade which i can Solo or Co-op. And while we are at it, maybe i did something wrong and didn't found it as a feature... i'd also like to enjoy with a friend or family member said Co-op-Arcade online. (But atleast that feature isn't something which i neccessary need to have, but rather a nice addition) If they also want to top it, i'd still love to see an re-introduction of galaxy conquest of the classic BF2 Game. Though i'd wouldn't see it fit as an August update but rather a Update later on.

However realistically the only thing which i really wish(like i mentioned earlier) would that we get atleast the Galactical Supremacy or whatever this mode is called (in english) where you have this classic Battlefield/Battlefront-Conquest Gamemode of an big map where you need to hold A to E Flag and shredd your enemies apart. Something more objective based but still sandboxy and not the mere Team Deathmatch and Survival Mode. 

2. To be Honest: I don't know. The thing is, even if i've complains about EA and Dice at many Points even as for today... and we all remember their mistakes with the Battlefront 2 Release, the thing is overall i'm quite happy with the work they deliever, even more recently. It's not like Battlefield 3 or 4 were in particular bad(about Hardline i can't say much, except for the Singleplayer which i actually unironically enjoyed, but i didn't play MP that much though i'm actually prefer the Police theme over mere "war") i enjoyed them, but with V they finally catched me again the first Time since Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 2(and 1942).  And with the Battlefront Reboot they have their job done well, first one had some flaws but Battlefront 2 actually compete pretty well with it's classic predecessor, there are some Offline / Solo Aspect (as we all know obviously)  which are missing, but than again (from what i've played...still need to finish yet) we've gotten an great campaign and is so far way better what the classic one offered, their overall Gameplay is way more fleshed out, polished and fun to play overall... and so further.

With all this said above and express how happy i'm with dice direction so far, it's still not guarantee they iron out all issues. So the only thing which i can say is, that i really HOPE they give atleast somewhat to enjoy offline / solo.

3. And again, in all honesty, it's not like they could particular ***** me off. Maybe if they would re-introduce galactic conquest, but in an werid and twisted up fashion which is only online playable or cut offline instead of adding some... or do some really f**** up sh** which i don't know yet... but in general if they decide to not cater the offline crowd, i would be sad and dissapointed, but p***** off would be to much as a description... It would mean that i sadly need still to go back more often to the classic BF2 to cater my needs and it wouldn't surprise me if other people would look out for an alternative, which from my perspective might not be the best to happen for EA / Dice because i'd argue it's in their interest to keep their playerbase playing their newest game and their potential future game. 
    Post edited by TheLightningYu on
  • @F8RGE I heard a nasty rumor that the new ways of play had some hiccups and that you guys are trying to fix it and it might not go as planned. Please tell me this is just a nasty rumor. For I will not go into details since I no nothing of programming and wording of all that mess you guys and gals do. 

source?
  • @F8RGE I heard a nasty rumor that the new ways of play had some hiccups and that you guys are trying to fix it and it might not go as planned. Please tell me this is just a nasty rumor. For I will not go into details since I no nothing of programming and wording of all that mess you guys and gals do. 

source?

Agreed, this is way too vague to have just posted it, especially as a question to a CM.
  • Some questions for all of you.
    When the August Update comes.

2. What do you expect? Like bare minimum. What do you think they are actually bringing us?

For me...

1. I'm good with anything. I'm easy to please.

2. Honestly I don't know, but I'm 100% sure (just my feeling) there will be no hero AI and the bot count won't go past 20v20. Also, Conquest on all large maps is FOR SURE not coming! Think about it for just one second. Just a second. If the developers put command posts in the other 9 maps (for Conquest) there is NO WAY it would be just for singleplayer. It would be for multiplayer first (as always) because singleplayer would need the extra time to program the bots. So what would they do in the meantime with 9 conquest maps while they are working on programing bots? They. Would. Relies. Them. In. Multiplayer. First. So yeah... If it IS Conquest, it will only be on the 4 Capital Supremacy maps. 

3. Nothing really (see #1). I enjoy a good mystery box. I love the thrill of not knowing. You could set a big box in my room and tell me not to open it til four months from now, and I would enjoy every second of speculating what was in that box. When the day finally comes, I'll open it up, say "Oh, it was that. Ok. That answers that." , and then go back to my day. It's kind of like that feeling you get throughout watching a slasher film. The suspense kills you (pun unintended). Then the mask comes off, and you're all, "Oh, ok". And that's that.

What are your opinions???

1) A large scale mode with hero AI, reinforcement AI, playable vehicles, vehicle AI ,and objectives.

2) I think we will get what I listed above but the hero AI will not use abilities. The bare minimum I can see happening is large scale TDM where only the player can use vehicles.

3) if the PVE modes can't be played in split screen.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • MajorChief_IX
    183 posts Member
    edited August 8
    Hello again everyone. I've found this very interesting comment from @F8RGE referring to the possibility of Reinforcement AI. Could this be a hint? I really hope so it would be great to run around with a squad of AI Commando Droids.

94wtaxzmy60p.bmp

Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!

• I would not see this as a hint... Ben often steps out to defend the teams programming skills when someone says they can't do anything, you know. Would not see this as a hint or something

Even if it isn't a hint, at least it is an acknowledgement.

In two weeks time we'll know everything and I couldn't be more thrilled, the clock is ticking towards our Offline Battlefront adventures, I can feel it!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!

• I would not see this as a hint... Ben often steps out to defend the teams programming skills when someone says they can't do anything, you know. Would not see this as a hint or something

Even if it isn't a hint, at least it is an acknowledgement.

In two weeks time we'll know everything and I couldn't be more thrilled, the clock is ticking towards our Offline Battlefront adventures, I can feel it!

I really had a really bad day today. I can not express enough how much your words of encouragement means to me. Thanks for the positive energy, keep it up. o:)

“There is always hope.”
  • You can't deny, expectations are very high now for new offline content.
    The new pve mode was the announcement that we were waiting so hard, i think if this new pve mode will not include large scale maps and at least 20 vs 20...well it is safe to say that lots of us will stop playing the game definitely.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • ChadSquadron
    250 posts Member
    edited August 9
    You can't deny, expectations are very high now for new offline content.
    The new pve mode was the announcement that we were waiting so hard, i think if this new pve mode will not include large scale maps and at least 20 vs 20...well it is safe to say that lots of us will stop playing the game definitely.

That will definitely not happen.

Awesome the PVE game modes will be.
    Forever this game we'll play.
  • Hope I'll see you all on PS4 for coop or vs fantasies at the end of the month and more ! Role play etc !

Maybe I'll set a topic or community just to enjoy this game as its "cinematic way", i mean Without HUD gameplay !

Please tell me if interested or simply add me on Psn.

May The Force Be With Us.

Always.

And i pray it will be as we hope.
  • MajorChief_IX
    183 posts Member
    edited August 9
    I really had a really bad day today. I can not express enough how much your words of encouragement means to me. Thanks for the positive energy, keep it up. o:)

You're welcome! I'll keep the positivity high all the way through till gamescom!
  • Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    No new info about the modes but today's CT confirmed that the August update will be released on the 28th.

Less than 3 weeks away !!!
  • Jesbro said:
    No new info about the modes but today's CT confirmed that the August update will be released on the 28th.

I wish they would just tell us what the new modes are instead of saving them for Gamescom. Or at least give us a teaser of everything coming this month.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

Lol Yoda speak...
    “There is always hope.”
  • Some questions for all of you.
    When the August Update comes.

1. I don't think we're getting it, but... Conquest on at least all the maps already in CS, with every other large map eventually coming to this new PvE mode when it comes to CS. Hero AI. Reinforcement AI. 32v32. 20v20 would probably feel very sparse and scarce on the CS maps. The maps would have to be shrunken down for that to not feel boring at that bot count, and no one wants parts of the map cut off.

2. 20v20 on all the CS maps currently available, with whatever new maps that are added to CS also coming to PvE at the same time. Felucia, etc. If they end up making the OT playable in CS, I would expect those maps as well.

3. If it was some dumb scripted playthrough with any less than 20 v 20 bots where you couldn't choose which map you wanted, which faction you wanted to play as, etc. and had to play with other people (even if the enemy team was bots).

Who told you this?
  • just hope it is really offline and does not require a nasty internet connection
  • just hope it is really offline and does not require a nasty internet connection

What if it requires a clean internet connection though?
  • Jesbro said:

I wish they would just tell us what the new modes are instead of saving them for Gamescom. Or at least give us a teaser of everything coming this month.

I'm guessing they are holding off for Gamescom because the new mode is going to be combined with the Felucia tease, which will probably include a trailer, and they want to bundle all of that together. Also, there has already been two announcements this month regarding changes to hero star cards and the calendar so they most likely want to have only one more info drop this month to set up fall.
  • Want 20v20 offline GA and CS (with ship phase), with vehicles, reinforcements and hero’s, all current and new maps.

Expect a lame-o version of GA with no vehicles or AI hero’s. Token new map.

Anything less than an offline version GA that’s currently in the game and that will be it for me.
  • MajorChief_IX
    183 posts Member
    edited August 11
    PorchWar wrote: »
    Want 20v20 offline GA and CS (with ship phase), with vehicles, reinforcements and hero’s, all current and new maps.

Expect a lame-o version of GA with no vehicles or AI hero’s. Token new map.

Anything less than an offline version GA that’s currently in the game and that will be it for me.

I was initially in the crowd of wanting an exact replica of GA, but after some thought I actually think that a pseudo-GA could allow for more customisation options than regular GA. Seeing as though GA is very much trying to be a "canon" story. Opening it up slightly for Walker Assault/Turning point style linear offline modes could actually make it feel more replayable than GA alone. Of course that is just my thoughts and "to each their own".

CS though should be recreated exactly. If they don't want to give us the ships at least add them as Conquest maps considering they are so big.

So close now though! I'm buzzing to hear more!!!
    Post edited by MajorChief_IX on
  • Courtney9089
    100 posts Member
    edited August 10
    I was thinking the other day if somehow these new pve modes aren't playable offline & require you to be connected to the internet to play. They better not need ps+ or a gold membership.

I mean console players need a ps+ or gold membership to access online features. I mean I am a console player personally and my gold membership expired won't be able to renew it till next payday. So if these new pve modes require you to be connected to the internet it would kind of defeat the purpose of these new pve modes. Since no one would be able to play them on a console without a membership.

So I am hoping it's not connected to online & they are playable offline.

Edit: then to answer the question of what I want/expecting from the pve modes. I want from the new pve modes well 100% offline of course, everyone does lol, Either CS or GA (preferably both), and all the customization options arcade has. All I need is those 3 things & I will be happy personally.
  • I
    I was thinking the other day if somehow these new pve modes aren't playable offline & require you to be connected to the internet to play. They better not need ps+ or a gold membership.

I mean console players need a ps+ or gold membership to access online features. I mean I am a console player personally and my gold membership expired won't be able to renew it till next payday. So if these new pve modes require you to be connected to the internet it would kind of defeat the purpose of these new pve modes. Since no one would be able to play them on a console without a membership.

Edit: then to answer the question of what I want/expecting from the pve modes. I want from the new pve modes well 100% offline of course, everyone does lol, Either CS or GA (preferably both), and all the customization options arcade has. All I need is those 3 things & I will be happy personally.

I dunno. I think what they are trying to do with this is rather to expand the playerbase. Some people are just not into multiplayer. The people who are are unlikely to jump into PvE for long.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    I

I dunno. I think what they are trying to do with this is rather to expand the playerbase. Some people are just not into multiplayer. The people who are are unlikely to jump into PvE for long.

I looooooove "Skirmish: Walker Assault" from the 2015 SWBF game. As much as SWBF2 Arcades: Team Battle" 2017 is fun, that PvE mode is much needed. Not having major objectives and vehicles eventually gets old fast. Though I am grateful for it.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Courtney9089
    100 posts Member
    edited August 11

I looooooove "Skirmish: Walker Assault" from the 2015 SWBF game. As much as SWBF2 Arcades: Team Battle" 2017 is fun, that PvE mode is much needed. Not having major objectives and vehicles eventually gets old fast. Though I am grateful for it.

I agree skirmish: walker Assault is fun in 2015. I mean they should of had these big game modes straight from the start in 2017. Maybe we will see skirmish return in the form of CS, GA, and maybe even starfighter assault. I mean there is supposedly 3 modes planned according to the road map (first one in august) So it makes sense it should be the 3 big game modes.

• I looooooove "Skirmish: Walker Assault" from the 2015 SWBF game. As much as SWBF2 Arcades: Team Battle" 2017 is fun, that PvE mode is much needed. Not having major objectives and vehicles eventually gets old fast. Though I am grateful for it.

I agree skirmish: walker Assault is fun in 2015. I mean they should of had these big game modes straight from the start in 2017. Maybe we will see skirmish return in the form of CS, GA, and maybe even starfighter assault. I mean there is supposedly 3 modes planned according to the road map (first one in august) So it makes sense it should be the 3 big game modes.

I remember them saying mode(s) as in plural, but I don't remember anything indicating there would be three of them. I just assumed two. I would assume it's a mode like CS (sadly with only 20v20 instead of 32v32) and probably something like Starfighter Assault. I doubt that we will ever see a solo player version of GA though, due to the reasons Dennis gave as to why we wouldn't last year.

• I looooooove "Skirmish: Walker Assault" from the 2015 SWBF game. As much as SWBF2 Arcades: Team Battle" 2017 is fun, that PvE mode is much needed. Not having major objectives and vehicles eventually gets old fast. Though I am grateful for it.

Woooo wait 3 modes for Offline planned? Wow your making me squirm with giddiness. :)

What road map is that on can you post it?

I remember them saying mode(s) as in plural, but I don't remember anything indicating there would be three of them. I just assumed two. I would assume it's a mode like CS (sadly with only 20v20 instead of 32v32) and probably something like Starfighter Assault. I doubt that we will ever see a solo player version of GA though, due to the reasons Dennis gave as to why we wouldn't last year.

Here here. Yeah I assumed two as well. Though if it was three I'd wish for: (1.) "Conquest" (or "Capital Supremacy", "Supremacy" or "Turning Point"), (2.) "Starfighter Assault" and (3.) "Cargo" (or "Assault").

"Cargo" and "Assault" being variations on Capture the Flag.

"Conquest", "Capital Supremacy", "Supremacy" and "Turning Point" being variations on Control Point capturing. Though "Conquest" is by far my fav.

Ooooooor how about:

(1.) "Conquest"
    (2.) "Galactic Conquest"
    (3.) "Starfighter Assault"

Just a thought. o:)

Aaaaaaah so many endless possibilities.
    “There is always hope.”
  • On the roadmap: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/roadmap It says that the first PvE mode will arrive in August, and when you click under the "Fall" section, it is says more PvE experiences to come. The mode in August is singular and the modes in Fall are plural.

This means there must be more than 2 at least. If we are really lucky, we might even get 4...

9 Days till Gamescom!!
  • On the roadmap: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/roadmap It says that the first PvE mode will arrive in August, and when you click under the "Fall" section, it is says more PvE experiences to come. The mode in August is singular and the modes in Fall are plural.

This means there must be more than 2 at least. If we are really lucky, we might even get 4...

9 Days till Gamescom!!

good news at last!
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    On the roadmap: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/roadmap It says that the first PvE mode will arrive in August, and when you click under the "Fall" section, it is says more PvE experiences to come. The mode in August is singular and the modes in Fall are plural.

9 Days till Gamescom!!

good news at last!

It's EA/Dice i don't think they are doing anything for PvE/Arcade and are lying to us
  • Starmasui73146
    1269 posts Member
    edited August 14
    @F8RGE (one of EA's Community Managers)- I'm on X-Box One: how does one get to see the stats at the end of a round of "Arcade: Team Battle" because I never get a stats screen? The only thing posted is the words VICTORY, the Battle Points earned and the Credits Awarded. We want to be able to see the A.I. kill count for each player.

It seems the only way to do that is to push the rectangle within the rectangle white button while in game. Why doesn't it post final stats at game end? Do you mean in order to see the final stats I need to video record or take a picture of it and press the rectangle within the rectangle white button right before the final kill, why just why? Your joking right? Please tell me that is just temporary, please say yes? :(

P.S.- Honestly it didn't stand out until I played "Skirmish" and hopped over and played "Arcade" in the same day, that's when I noticed there is no end stats, it stood out like a sore thumb. Trying to take a quick snap shot before time runs out gets real tricky, can we get the score board to show how all the A.I. and me did? Thank you.

Well...I have been testing out yet again the numerous A.I. in "Arcade: Team Battle" ranging from The First Order, The Resistance, Imperials, Rebels, The Republic Clones and C.I.S. Droid Army. The following is NOT a kill count of each individual A.I. in one match but rather their very best kill count scores are selected from multiple battles. Also some A.I. names oddly perform better in kills on certain maps, for example the Rebel Fiaid Zinn got 66 kills on the Hoth Outpost Delta, but yet much less on other maps.

The top kill scores of each Artificial Intelligence Player was selected from a total of 7 games of Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) "Arcade: Team Battle". I played when the menu was set at 250 kills required, A.I. class any, mini map radar, troopers only, all else on default, 10 vs 10 and Expert difficulty. Maps varied but always fit the era being tested.

The Resistance:
    Fiaid Zinn 59 kills
    Ben Astar 54 kills
    Djuj Bellis 53 kills
    Nom Carver 52 kills
    Tighe Bodalla 52 kills
    Hanto Nar 49 kills
    Jerek Bilbar 48 kills
    Rayce Peel 46 kills
    Danyar Meez 45 kills
    Thrak Farelle 45 kills
    Reeech 42 kills
    Thrak Gorshun 41 kills
    Nik Bruuar 41 kills
    Allyan Dollan 40 kills
    Aran Gunnar 40 kills
    Kyp Astar 37 kills
    Devon Kishanti 35 kills
    Allyn Fera 35 kills
    Gorshun Ban 33 kills
    Toma Endaria 16 kills

The First Order:
    FN-3108 60 kills
    FN-2906 57 kills
    FN-1124 54 kills
    FN-1306 53 kills
    FN-2409 53 kills
    FN-1101 53 kills
    FN-1711 51 kills
    FN-2311 47 kills
    FN-1812 46 kills
    FN-1002 45 kills
    FN-1106 44 kills
    FN-1410 43 kills
    FN-3108 43 kills
    FN-2103 42 kills
    FN-2210 42 kills
    FN-2411 41 kills
    FN-2008 39 kills
    FN-1205 36 kills
    FN-2309 33 kills
    FN-2107 26 kills
    FN-1605 18 kills

Rebels:
    Fiaid Zinn 66 kills
    Rayce Peel 56 kills
    Djuj Bellis 55 kills
    Reeech 53 kills
    Gorshun Ban 53 kills
    Kyp Astar 52 kills
    Danyar Meez 51 kills
    Allyn Ferra 51 kills
    Nom Carver 49 kills
    Ben Astar 47 kills
    Tighe Bodalla 47 kills
    Nik Bruuar 45 kills
    Devon Kishanti 45 kills
    Thrak Ferrille 44 kills
    Thrak Gorshun 44 kills
    Aran Gunnar 42 kills
    Allyn Dollan 41 kills
    Hanto Nar 39
    Toma Endario 39 kills
    Jerek Bilbar 29 kills

Imperials:
    TK-910 58 kills
    TK-707 55 kills
    TK-207 55 kills
    TK-118 52 kills
    TK-505 52 kills
    TK-624 50 kills
    TK-308 49 kills
    TK-523 49 kills
    TK-416 47 kills
    TK-603 47 kills
    TK-403 46 kills
    TK-204 46 kills
    TK-652 45 kills
    TK-704 44 kills
    TK-301 40 kills
    TK-505 39 kills
    TK-610 36 kills
    TK-909 32 kills
    TK-309 28 kills
    TK-709 28 kills

Republic Clones:
    R0-VT 77 kills
    R0-AZ 53 kills
    R0-MN 51 kills
    R1-NF 47 kills
    R0-FP 47 kills
    R1-AR 44 kills
    R0-KG 43 kills
    R1-RY 40 kills
    R1-LE 39 kills
    R1-CZ 38 kills
    R1-PS 38 kills
    R1-WK 31 kills
    R0-LN 26 kills
    R1-UD 23 kills
    R0-YU 22 kills
    R0-BA 21 kills
    R0-EJ 17 kills
    R1-PW 17 kills
    R0-WR 14 kills
    R1-VK 13 kills

C.I.S. Droids:
    CT-2602 68 kills
    CT-2901 47 kills
    CT-1807 44 kills
    CT-2006 44 kills
    CT-1507 44 kills
    CT-2005 42 kills
    CT-2711 40 kills
    CT-2312 40 kills
    CT-2805 39 kills
    CT-1977 35 kills
    CT-2911 34 kills
    CT-2110 31 kills
    CT-1410 30 kills
    CT-1312 29 kills
    CT-1405 19 kills
    CT-1509 15 kills

P.S.- If you notice there is way more than ten A.I. names then in game slots, that's because they change up after each game. Also it is important to note that I tried to account for all available A.l. program names, if I missed a few my bad.

The top kill scores of each Artificial Intelligence Player was selected from a total of 7 games of Star Wars Battlefront (2015) "Skirmish: Walker Assault", 22 vs 22 and Master difficulty.

Rebels and Imperials here are all on one big list (since Imperials are given real names not TK numbers).
    (1.) Jacen Unimar 31 kills
    (2.) Nom Sulvara 25 kills
    (3.) Doran Sulvara 23 kills
    (4.) Lot Krotan 21 kills
    (5.) Ulen Orsalan 19 kills
    (6.) Uster Trasidar 19 kills
    (7.) Nik Bruuar 18 kills
    (8.) Fiaid Zinn 16 kills
    (9.) Gorshun Ban 16 kills
    (10.) Toma Endario 16 kills
    (11.) Danyar Meez 15 kills
    (12.) Ash Ulrand 14 kills
    (13.) Thrak Farelle 13 kills
    (14.) Thrak Gorshun 13 kills
    (15.) Reeech 13 kills
    (16.) Eeyan Vlahos 13 kills
    (17.) Doran Krotan 13 kills
    (18.) Kyp Astar 13 kills
    (19.) Nom Carver 12 kills
    (20.) Kam Zanabi 12 kills
    (21.) Tighe Bodalla 12 kills
    (22.) Hanto Nar 11 kills
    (23.) Dax Olesa 11 kills
    (24.) Jerek Bilbar 10 kills
    (25.) Djuj Bellis 10 kills
    (26.) Aran Nomante 10 kills
    (27.) Rayce Peel 9 kills
    (28.) Tan Qe-kora 9 kills
    (29.) Ben Astar 8 kills
    (30.) Jayce Sulvara 8 kills
    (31.) Allyn Dollan 8 kills
    (32.) Ben Porinom 8 kills
    (33.) Evan Nordan 7 kills
    (34.) Danyar Meez 7 kills
    (35.) Owen Keez 7 kills
    (36.) Evan Nordan 7 kills
    (37.) Allyn Fera 6 kills
    (38.) Devon Kishanti 6 kills
    (39.) Lan Machupe 6 kills
    (40.) Eryll Buarantos 5 kills
    (41.) Tan Pulastra 5 kills
    (42.) Aran Gunnar 5 kills
    (43.) Tan Pulastra 5 kills
    (44.) Uster Trasidar 4 kills

"Skirmish: Walker Assault": With both sides numbers averaging as a team to around 230 Total kills.

Conclusions: Well for the most part there does NOT seem to be an individual A.I. score consistency. Some games and maps they do really well, some they don't. Though there are a few A.I. players that do consistently stand out. I think what this test proved is that they ARE quite capable of getting high kill count scores for their team on any given map, provided they have the opportunity. Over all I am quite pleased of what I am seeing, though I can not wait to see what the A.I. will be like if they implement the "Capital Supremacy" A.I. upgrade for "Arcade" Offline. Though I have to add, being the Sniper class at far away distance will become even harder with A.I. rolling. Aaaaah I can't wait...the challenge motivates me.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • @Scoundrel i hope what you said will not happen, otherwise i will be playing BF2 24/7.
    We are close!
  • @Scoundrel i hope what you said will not happen, otherwise i will be playing BF2 24/7.
    We are close!

I know what you mean... I've been looking forward to an offline version of these modes/maps for a long time. It's how I'd prefer to play and I've been playing online just about every day since launch.

Based on what the devs have teased about upcoming content in the next few months I think I'm pretty close to being correct, here.
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    Obviously the first of the "offline" PVE modes is already finished, and I think that the others are finished too (or are pretty close being done).

I think ultimately we'll see four variations of different PVE modes.

With the first arriving on on August 28th, we'll get one a month from August through November:

1) AUGUST
    First, we'll get an Arcade/PVE version of CAPITAL SUPREMACY / CONQUEST. It will probably be a version of CS (minus capital ships). This one will fell slightly incomplete, because it will launch with only the current Prequel maps, but will be added to over time—which I'm more than fine with.

2) SEPTEMBER
    Next up will be the GALACTIC ASSAULT / WALKER ASSAULT PVE variant.
    Dennis has detailed why a straight 1:1 PVE Galactic Assault wouldn't work, but a variant of Galactic Assault that more closely resembles Walker Assault (Skirmish), without the need for AI to find vantage points with Ion Disruptors so they can target Walkers would work just fine.
    ...and this would also feed into my theory about 2020 being OT-centric and having BF2015 maps added throughout 2020. Outpost Beta, Jundland Wastes, Sorosuub Centroplex, Forest Moon of Endor, Graveyard of Giants, and Cloud City would slot in perfectly to both the new PVE modes as well as GA/WA. This mode will be the one that grants players the "full sandbox" that we've been looking for. I think this will play very similarly to Galactic Assault does now, with starfighters, heroes, vehicles, reinforcements...

3) OCTOBER
    The third PVE mode we'll likely see will be a PVE version of HEROES VS VILLAINS.
    Not only will August see the inclusion of AI HEROES, but I think this will be a fully customizable version where you can select up to 10 heroes on each side, or 4 vs 1, or whatever you want.

4) NOVEMBER
    Finally, as promised by F8RGE a while back, a PVE /Offline version of STARFIGHTER ASSAULT will be added, finally allowing players to enjoy the mode in an offline setting.

I will say that based on the release schedule for FELUCIA (in the Fall), that I think we can see the PVE HEROES VS VILLAINS and the STARFIGHTER ASSAULT both drop in OCTOBER.

So my stab at the roadmap from August to December:
    AUGUST — PVE Capital Supremacy / Conquest variant, Hero Skins
    SEPTEMBER — PVE Galactic Assault / Walker Assault variant, Hero Skins, Padme Amidala
    OCTOBER — PVE HvV, PVE Starfighter Assault, Hero Skins, Cad Bane OR Jango Fett
    NOVEMBER — Felucia (CS), Ahsoka Tano, Assajj Ventress

DECEMBER — (some) content related to Rise of Skywalker. Due to DICE being on Holiday it may be relegated to SEQUEL SKINS, but I think DECEMBER /JANUARY WILL BE NEW Episode 9 content heavy.

This would be cool, everyone seems to forget Ben said "the first of" the PvE content will be this month suggesting they are spacing out content over the fall, so hopefully it's something like this.
  • If we are not to get a version of CS AND a version of GA, then I think there might be a "new way to play" that combines both modes... And it may be the best mode yet.

Many of us love CS for the command post gameplay and open nature of the maps. Many of us love GA (and Walker Assault BF 2015) because it feels the most like participating in an authentic Star Wars battle.

I think we may see one mode for PVE that combines the best of both worlds. It will be default, be an asymetrical game mode. It will feature the capturing of command posts. The control of command posts will dictate the types of reinforcements that are deployed. I don't mean trooper reinforcements. All troop reinforcements will be available the entire match. I mean a dynamic, fluid game mode. Something along the lines of ... If the Empire captures 3 out of 5 posts then an AT-AT WALKER is dispatched to march down the length of the the battlefield (a la Walker Assault or Galactic Assault) to support the troops. Or the Rebels can "steal" a Walker and do the same thing (a la Endor GA). Maybe there are even uplinks that must be activated and captured that call in Bombers to weaken the Walkers ( a la Walker Assault/Skirmish).

The same thing would work for any era.

All of this with Starfighters in the skies, AI friendly and enemy heroes on the battlefront, Gunships and U-Wings circling, along with vehicles and reinforcements harassing troops, and this might be the best gamemode in all of Star Wars Battlefront II.

Now I hope this is what we get on Aigust 28th instead of CS/Conquest. The devs have been saying "new ways to play." Maybe this will be the first "new way to play."
  • I'm curious to find out how much their coding or technology has improved since Dennis kibosh-ed Galactic Assault for Arcade and AI heroes.....

Keep in mind these comments Dennis made are a year or more old

I personally think lack of manpower and resources were and are to blame. If you can have enemy AI shoot rockets and try to take down and AT-AT at certain points in walker Assault, with some time and resources, I'm sure you can program AI to shoot Ion Disruptors or make it an AI priority.

I can see us getting some form of Starfighter Assault, large scale capture the point mode like Conquest on a the large scale maps.

Hopefully a Heroes/Villians mode or an infantry(you) trying to take down AI heroes (reverse onslaught)
    Obviously the first of the "offline" PVE modes is already finished, and I think that the others are finished too (or are pretty close being done).

With the first arriving on on August 28th, we'll get one a month from August through November:

1) AUGUST
    First, we'll get an Arcade/PVE version of CAPITAL SUPREMACY / CONQUEST. It will probably be a version of CS (minus capital ships). This one will fell slightly incomplete, because it will launch with only the current Prequel maps, but will be added to over time—which I'm more than fine with.

2) SEPTEMBER
    Dennis has detailed why a straight 1:1 PVE Galactic Assault wouldn't work, but a variant of Galactic Assault that more closely resembles Walker Assault (Skirmish), without the need for AI to find vantage points with Ion Disruptors so they can target Walkers would work just fine.
    ...and this would also feed into my theory about 2020 being OT-centric and having BF2015 maps added throughout 2020. Outpost Beta, Jundland Wastes, Sorosuub Centroplex, Forest Moon of Endor, Graveyard of Giants, and Cloud City would slot in perfectly to both the new PVE modes as well as GA/WA. This mode will be the one that grants players the "full sandbox" that we've been looking for. I think this will play very similarly to Galactic Assault does now, with starfighters, heroes, vehicles, reinforcements...

3) OCTOBER
    The third PVE mode we'll likely see will be a PVE version of HEROES VS VILLAINS.
    Not only will August see the inclusion of AI HEROES, but I think this will be a fully customizable version where you can select up to 10 heroes on each side, or 4 vs 1, or whatever you want.

4) NOVEMBER
    Finally, as promised by F8RGE a while back, a PVE /Offline version of STARFIGHTER ASSAULT will be added, finally allowing players to enjoy the mode in an offline setting.

I will say that based on the release schedule for FELUCIA (in the Fall), that I think we can see the PVE HEROES VS VILLAINS and the STARFIGHTER ASSAULT both drop in OCTOBER.

SEPTEMBER — PVE Galactic Assault / Walker Assault variant, Hero Skins, Padme Amidala

DECEMBER — (some) content related to Rise of Skywalker. Due to DICE being on Holiday it may be relegated to SEQUEL SKINS, but I think DECEMBER /JANUARY WILL BE NEW Episode 9 content heavy.

I certainly hope you are right.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

1) AUGUST

2) SEPTEMBER

3) OCTOBER

4) NOVEMBER

I certainly hope you are right.

I think I'm close... Really close. Like 92% close.

I think I'm close... Really close. Like 92% close.

I say you are in all honesty I mean everything you suggested makes sense, only one I don't think would work all that well would be a HvV mode. Truthfully my bet would maybe be, that strike mode/playlist or maybe even one of the other modes like extraction, or something else, over HvV but eh we will see I suppose but seriously other then that 100% agree with the rest.

Though if you are right & its HvV I will be 100% shocked.

Also I 100% agree with KyloRen1992 if all those modes do happen I will seriously be playing pve 24/7 over pvp lol
  • Llunots wrote: »
    I expect to be disappointed.

Well they spent what like a year on it soooo it ought to be pretty kick *****.👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    edited August 12
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    If we are not to get a version of CS AND a version of GA, then I think there might be a "new way to play" that combines both modes... And it may be the best mode yet.

Many of us love CS for the command post gameplay and open nature of the maps. Many of us love GA (and Walker Assault BF 2015) because it feels the most like participating in an authentic Star Wars battle.

I think we may see one mode for PVE that combines the best of both worlds. It will be default, be an asymetrical game mode. It will feature the capturing of command posts. The control of command posts will dictate the types of reinforcements that are deployed. I don't mean trooper reinforcements. All troop reinforcements will be available the entire match. I mean a dynamic, fluid game mode. Something along the lines of ... If the Empire captures 3 out of 5 posts then an AT-AT WALKER is dispatched to march down the length of the the battlefield (a la Walker Assault or Galactic Assault) to support the troops. Or the Rebels can "steal" a Walker and do the same thing (a la Endor GA). Maybe there are even uplinks that must be activated and captured that call in Bombers to weaken the Walkers ( a la Walker Assault/Skirmish).

The same thing would work for any era.

All of this with Starfighters in the skies, AI friendly and enemy heroes on the battlefront, Gunships and U-Wings circling, along with vehicles and reinforcements harassing troops, and this might be the best gamemode in all of Star Wars Battlefront II.

Now I hope this is what we get on Aigust 28th instead of CS/Conquest. The devs have been saying "new ways to play." Maybe this will be the first "new way to play."

That would be absolutely perfect as long as ALL Large Maps were available for it from ALL 3 Eras
  • Llunots wrote: »
    I expect to be disappointed.

Well they spent what like a year on it soooo it ought to be pretty kick ****.👍🏼

More than a year by now. It's more like a year and a half; three times longer than it took for them to develop Skirmish in Battlefront 2015. Let's hopes it's at least three times better.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • more modes does not necessarily mean it is more fun ... just saying
  • First_Order_of_Pizza
    114 posts Member
    edited August 12
    more modes does not necessarily mean it is more fun ... just saying

More fun does not necessarily mean more saying ... just modes
  • more modes does not necessarily mean it is more fun ... just saying

More fun does not necessarily mean more saying ... just modes

More saying does not necessary mean more modes... just fun
  • Another very interesting response from Ben on Reddit. I'm really pleased to know that he is beginning to respond to discussions about offline content. This is the second time we've spoken about it now. Still waiting on gamescom though, to tell us everything:

59avqlobgeep.bmp