criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

"Immersion" is the worst and only reason to era lock

Prev1345
It's all anyone can say when they want a mode era locked. Immersion this, immersion that. It's just not a good enough reason to take away 2/3 of the time people can spend playing their favorite heroes. It's a fun game with quite a bit of a variety and you want it lessoned all because of one single little feeling you have.

Replies

  • I like the feel of era lock. Last time I checked Rey battling darth maul isnt canon. It's just wrong. Therefore, 2 reasons.

    That's the same reason weirdo.
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    I like the feel of era lock. Last time I checked Rey battling darth maul isnt canon. It's just wrong. Therefore, 2 reasons.

    That's the same reason weirdo.

    Theres no point being rude to someone. Honestly wanting immersion makes perfect sense

    Not wanting immersion makes more sense in the context of this game.

    And whats the context?
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really think immersion is key, its what makes cs so good. Its like someone said earlier, theres things like fighting on planets they didnt in the movies and stuff which doesnt matter but factions should stay strict. If not we may aswell just have light side and dark side and unlock all the skins aswell, i think this would ruin the experience

    Why may we as well unlock all the skins and vehicles and reinforcements? Why is it all or nothing with you? The development team have picked and chosen what they want to be era unlocked. You know why? Because that is an opinion they have. Perhaps the feeling of immersion is not so reliant on complete and total restrictions on content to that era. I still feel more or less immersed in endor even though I can see some heroes that aren't apart of that era. Seems the devs have stuck a good balance it feels. If they added all era reinforcements, next thing you will say is "oh well why don't they mix parts of other maps together with each other", because it's all or nothing right.
  • Lyc4n
    1135 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really think immersion is key, its what makes cs so good. Its like someone said earlier, theres things like fighting on planets they didnt in the movies and stuff which doesnt matter but factions should stay strict. If not we may aswell just have light side and dark side and unlock all the skins aswell, i think this would ruin the experience

    Why may we as well unlock all the skins and vehicles and reinforcements? Why is it all or nothing with you? The development team have picked and chosen what they want to be era unlocked. You know why? Because that is an opinion they have. Perhaps the feeling of immersion is not so reliant on complete and total restrictions on content to that era. I still feel more or less immersed in endor even though I can see some heroes that aren't apart of that era. Seems the devs have stuck a good balance it feels. If they added all era reinforcements, next thing you will say is "oh well why don't they mix parts of other maps together with each other", because it's all or nothing right.

    Its not an all or nothing, but the only argument for cross era im hearing is more gameplay, so if its about more gameplay you might aswell unlock all vehicles starfighters and reinforcements since they are all different and offer different gameplay. Same as heroes, its double standards to say have cross eras for gameplay but restrict the other things that would offer even more gameplay. If they come out and say its because there isnt enough heroes in a certain era or whatever then thats fine, but the argument for cross era heroes for gameplay without giving cross era everything that offers more gameplay is a much worse reason than immersion.
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really think immersion is key, its what makes cs so good. Its like someone said earlier, theres things like fighting on planets they didnt in the movies and stuff which doesnt matter but factions should stay strict. If not we may aswell just have light side and dark side and unlock all the skins aswell, i think this would ruin the experience

    Why may we as well unlock all the skins and vehicles and reinforcements? Why is it all or nothing with you? The development team have picked and chosen what they want to be era unlocked. You know why? Because that is an opinion they have. Perhaps the feeling of immersion is not so reliant on complete and total restrictions on content to that era. I still feel more or less immersed in endor even though I can see some heroes that aren't apart of that era. Seems the devs have stuck a good balance it feels. If they added all era reinforcements, next thing you will say is "oh well why don't they mix parts of other maps together with each other", because it's all or nothing right.

    Its not an all or nothing, but the only argument for cross era im hearing is more gameplay, so if its about more gameplay you might aswell unlock all vehicles starfighters and reinforcements since they are all different and offer different gameplay. Same as heroes, its double standards to say have cross eras for gameplay but restrict the other things that would offer even more gameplay. If they come out and say its because there isnt enough heroes in a certain era or whatever then thats fine, but the argument for cross era heroes for gameplay without giving cross era everything that offers more gameplay is a much worse reason than immersion.

    Well maybe the assumed correctly that basically everyone in the game would be more accepting of cross era heroes than cross era vehicles and reinforcements. So they had to pick their battle wisely and just limit the heroes to being cross era. Adding all era reinforcements and vehicles would add more variety and "gameplay", but it would no doubt be more controversial than just having the heroes as cross era. They've struck a good balance with appealing to people that want more variety at the cost of feeling completely immersed in the game.

    I think vehicles in particular would be going too far when it comes to cross era. Having a droid tank on yavin 4 and hoth would just seem too out of place. A lot moreso than any of the heroes from other other era's. It's a sliding scale and they've landed at a good point.
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really think immersion is key, its what makes cs so good. Its like someone said earlier, theres things like fighting on planets they didnt in the movies and stuff which doesnt matter but factions should stay strict. If not we may aswell just have light side and dark side and unlock all the skins aswell, i think this would ruin the experience

    Why may we as well unlock all the skins and vehicles and reinforcements? Why is it all or nothing with you? The development team have picked and chosen what they want to be era unlocked. You know why? Because that is an opinion they have. Perhaps the feeling of immersion is not so reliant on complete and total restrictions on content to that era. I still feel more or less immersed in endor even though I can see some heroes that aren't apart of that era. Seems the devs have stuck a good balance it feels. If they added all era reinforcements, next thing you will say is "oh well why don't they mix parts of other maps together with each other", because it's all or nothing right.

    Its not an all or nothing, but the only argument for cross era im hearing is more gameplay, so if its about more gameplay you might aswell unlock all vehicles starfighters and reinforcements since they are all different and offer different gameplay. Same as heroes, its double standards to say have cross eras for gameplay but restrict the other things that would offer even more gameplay. If they come out and say its because there isnt enough heroes in a certain era or whatever then thats fine, but the argument for cross era heroes for gameplay without giving cross era everything that offers more gameplay is a much worse reason than immersion.

    Well maybe the assumed correctly that basically everyone in the game would be more accepting of cross era heroes than cross era vehicles and reinforcements. So they had to pick their battle wisely and just limit the heroes to being cross era. Adding all era reinforcements and vehicles would add more variety and "gameplay", but it would no doubt be more controversial than just having the heroes as cross era. They've struck a good balance with appealing to people that want more variety at the cost of feeling completely immersed in the game.

    I think vehicles in particular would be going too far when it comes to cross era. Having a droid tank on yavin 4 and hoth would just seem too out of place. A lot moreso than any of the heroes from other other era's. It's a sliding scale and they've landed at a good point.

    I completely disagree, your idea of having a droid tank on yavin 4 is the same idea most of us have of darth maul on yavin 4. If you add one for the excuse of gameplay despite knowing theres controversy then add everything to allow more gameplay despite the controversy, listen, if cross era heroes didnt happen at the beginning of the game, people wouldnt be asking for them to be cross era, (theres always gonna be one but the last majority of people that ask for it now on cs). The same way no ones asking for reinforcements or tanks to be cross era because no one expects it to be and the idea at first sounds silly, rebels shouldnt be coming up against commando droids the same way luke shouldnt be fighting on kashyyyk vs droids. I understand cross era was necessary at the beginning of the game and why they cant take away from ga now, but to be honest, despite what they say know, i really doubt if they had enough heroes for each era at launch there would have been cross era heroes. Only the ones that actually make sense eg old ben kenobi, yoda chewwie, you get the idea. If cross heroes is really the best way forward due to gameplay, it would be allowed on cs.

    Well I can get the feeling of immersion even if there are cross era heroes and nothing else, then I assume others feel the same because so many people also side with me on cross era heroes. So again, I say to you if people get that feeling of immersion currently, why does it have to be an all or nothing thing concerning variety of gameplay overall? Because it really seems they've kept immersive qualities whilst also not going too far with cross-era. At least for most people. This topic is far from being the number 1 talked about issue on the forums. So you have to concede that it's simply not a big issue for people in general and the average player doesn't feel removed from the game just because of a few heroes here and there. Also no one is asking for reinforcements and tanks cross era because hardly anyone cares that much about them relative to how much people care about heroes. They've chosen cross era heroes because people like them the most. Plus, if you think they would never of made cross era if they had enough heroes at the start, then why would they have dropped the 6k BP cost for cross era heroes in the last few months? They didn't have to do that at all, and almost no one was asking for it. They did it just because people like a whole bunch of different heroes and it's a game, so they can pick and choose how they wish based on what they think the community will enjoy the most.
  • Alex64
    7647 posts Member
    That "Immersion" destroyed my game
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Why does everything have to be canon, it’s a video game, era lock has never made sense to me and the only thing worth doing for era lock is raising hero prices.

    x8bi2fz1mg0f.gif

    Is your keyboard broken? You're a very odd person.
  • Why does everything have to be canon, it’s a video game, era lock has never made sense to me and the only thing worth doing for era lock is raising hero prices.

    x8bi2fz1mg0f.gif

    Is your keyboard broken? You're a very odd person.

    h7dmk3getlpe.gif
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

  • Why does everything have to be canon, it’s a video game, era lock has never made sense to me and the only thing worth doing for era lock is raising hero prices.

    x8bi2fz1mg0f.gif

    Is your keyboard broken? You're a very odd person.

    h7dmk3getlpe.gif

    Who would of thought you'd reply with a gif.
  • Why does everything have to be canon, it’s a video game, era lock has never made sense to me and the only thing worth doing for era lock is raising hero prices.

    x8bi2fz1mg0f.gif

    Is your keyboard broken? You're a very odd person.

    h7dmk3getlpe.gif

    Who would of thought you'd reply with a gif.

    9ixca1dy6j14.gif
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

  • rollind24
    5815 posts Member
    Why does everything have to be canon, it’s a video game, era lock has never made sense to me and the only thing worth doing for era lock is raising hero prices.

    x8bi2fz1mg0f.gif

    Is your keyboard broken? You're a very odd person.

    h7dmk3getlpe.gif

    Who would of thought you'd reply with a gif.

    So....

    dhlzin4e2dht.gif
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Alex64
    7647 posts Member
    I like the feel of era lock. Last time I checked Rey battling darth maul isnt canon. It's just wrong. Therefore, 2 reasons.

    That's the same reason weirdo.

    Immersion and canon are two different things. Immersion: The feeling that one is actually in or apart of something.
    Canon: Accuracy or how close something is to the storyline that it follows.
    Therefore, two different things, two different reasons.
    Goodbye, be CIVILIZED ( dont lash out at people just because they disagree with you), and I'll see you on the battlefront.

    He's talking about "immersion" not immersion
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Lyc4n
    1135 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really think immersion is key, its what makes cs so good. Its like someone said earlier, theres things like fighting on planets they didnt in the movies and stuff which doesnt matter but factions should stay strict. If not we may aswell just have light side and dark side and unlock all the skins aswell, i think this would ruin the experience

    Why may we as well unlock all the skins and vehicles and reinforcements? Why is it all or nothing with you? The development team have picked and chosen what they want to be era unlocked. You know why? Because that is an opinion they have. Perhaps the feeling of immersion is not so reliant on complete and total restrictions on content to that era. I still feel more or less immersed in endor even though I can see some heroes that aren't apart of that era. Seems the devs have stuck a good balance it feels. If they added all era reinforcements, next thing you will say is "oh well why don't they mix parts of other maps together with each other", because it's all or nothing right.

    Its not an all or nothing, but the only argument for cross era im hearing is more gameplay, so if its about more gameplay you might aswell unlock all vehicles starfighters and reinforcements since they are all different and offer different gameplay. Same as heroes, its double standards to say have cross eras for gameplay but restrict the other things that would offer even more gameplay. If they come out and say its because there isnt enough heroes in a certain era or whatever then thats fine, but the argument for cross era heroes for gameplay without giving cross era everything that offers more gameplay is a much worse reason than immersion.

    Well maybe the assumed correctly that basically everyone in the game would be more accepting of cross era heroes than cross era vehicles and reinforcements. So they had to pick their battle wisely and just limit the heroes to being cross era. Adding all era reinforcements and vehicles would add more variety and "gameplay", but it would no doubt be more controversial than just having the heroes as cross era. They've struck a good balance with appealing to people that want more variety at the cost of feeling completely immersed in the game.

    I think vehicles in particular would be going too far when it comes to cross era. Having a droid tank on yavin 4 and hoth would just seem too out of place. A lot moreso than any of the heroes from other other era's. It's a sliding scale and they've landed at a good point.

    I completely disagree, your idea of having a droid tank on yavin 4 is the same idea most of us have of darth maul on yavin 4. If you add one for the excuse of gameplay despite knowing theres controversy then add everything to allow more gameplay despite the controversy, listen, if cross era heroes didnt happen at the beginning of the game, people wouldnt be asking for them to be cross era, (theres always gonna be one but the last majority of people that ask for it now on cs). The same way no ones asking for reinforcements or tanks to be cross era because no one expects it to be and the idea at first sounds silly, rebels shouldnt be coming up against commando droids the same way luke shouldnt be fighting on kashyyyk vs droids. I understand cross era was necessary at the beginning of the game and why they cant take away from ga now, but to be honest, despite what they say know, i really doubt if they had enough heroes for each era at launch there would have been cross era heroes. Only the ones that actually make sense eg old ben kenobi, yoda chewwie, you get the idea. If cross heroes is really the best way forward due to gameplay, it would be allowed on cs.

    Well I can get the feeling of immersion even if there are cross era heroes and nothing else, then I assume others feel the same because so many people also side with me on cross era heroes. So again, I say to you if people get that feeling of immersion currently, why does it have to be an all or nothing thing concerning variety of gameplay overall? Because it really seems they've kept immersive qualities whilst also not going too far with cross-era. At least for most people. This topic is far from being the number 1 talked about issue on the forums. So you have to concede that it's simply not a big issue for people in general and the average player doesn't feel removed from the game just because of a few heroes here and there. Also no one is asking for reinforcements and tanks cross era because hardly anyone cares that much about them relative to how much people care about heroes. They've chosen cross era heroes because people like them the most. Plus, if you think they would never of made cross era if they had enough heroes at the start, then why would they have dropped the 6k BP cost for cross era heroes in the last few months? They didn't have to do that at all, and almost no one was asking for it. They did it just because people like a whole bunch of different heroes and it's a game, so they can pick and choose how they wish based on what they think the community will enjoy the most.

    To that i say why not make it cross era heroes on cs? Im not here saying they should lock them now or anything, im just challenging the idea that if the argument is variety of gameplay then surely that would apply to everything. Therefore in my eyes to not include everything cross era and only heroes because of that reasoning, its double standards in my eyes making immersion a much better thing to listen to than this argument.

    I personally think a much better reasoning for keeping heroes cross era in ga is because they have been from the start so it would be taking something away from thenplayer base, the same way that if they add another enforcer for clones many would ask to remove the wookies but i think it would be a mistake to take away something that many have got used to and it is a game so we can turn a blind eye.

    I personally dont touch ga since cs because i prefer era lock personally and clone wars aswell. Ive only gone on ga lately to try get some milestones completed but then again thats not only down to cross era heroes(although its definitly a contributing factor).

    The thing is with me personally i wouldnt mind turning a blind eye to things that exist within the era, like wookies being places they shouldnt, even having characters like emperor palpatine who were alive at the time for clone wars or luke leia and han and lando being in st. I dont mind just cuz its not something that has canonically happened as long as its possible it could have happened. But obi wan vs kylo ren for example alongside stormtroopers just takes me out of it cuz that wouldnt be possible. Does that make sense?? So im not complety strict on it but there are things that take me out of it cuz even my imagination wouldnt be doing it since somecharacters were not alive at the same time.
  • I like the feel of era lock. Last time I checked Rey battling darth maul isnt canon. It's just wrong. Therefore, 2 reasons.

    That's the same reason weirdo.

    Immersion and canon are two different things. Immersion: The feeling that one is actually in or apart of something.
    Canon: Accuracy or how close something is to the storyline that it follows.
    Therefore, two different things, two different reasons.
    Goodbye, be CIVILIZED ( dont lash out at people just because they disagree with you), and I'll see you on the battlefront.

    There are different levels of immersion, all which are obviously based on canon. Try and immerse yourself into star wars while watching something completely non-canon like Seinfeld. You can't talk about immersion in this game without referring to something canon. So it's implied that they are so close to being the same thing that they can almost be considered to be interchangeable.
  • Lyc4n
    1135 posts Member
    I like the feel of era lock. Last time I checked Rey battling darth maul isnt canon. It's just wrong. Therefore, 2 reasons.

    That's the same reason weirdo.

    Immersion and canon are two different things. Immersion: The feeling that one is actually in or apart of something.
    Canon: Accuracy or how close something is to the storyline that it follows.
    Therefore, two different things, two different reasons.
    Goodbye, be CIVILIZED ( dont lash out at people just because they disagree with you), and I'll see you on the battlefront.

    There are different levels of immersion, all which are obviously based on canon. Try and immerse yourself into star wars while watching something completely non-canon like Seinfeld. You can't talk about immersion in this game without referring to something canon. So it's implied that they are so close to being the same thing that they can almost be considered to be interchangeable.

    Not quite, canon is something thats happened, immersion is something that doesnt take you out of the world because its definitly possible it could happen even if we have never seen it confirmed that its happened. I dont mind things not always being cannon but i would like to always feel like i am in a star wars world and immersed
  • The elements are canon, the events are not.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really think immersion is key, its what makes cs so good. Its like someone said earlier, theres things like fighting on planets they didnt in the movies and stuff which doesnt matter but factions should stay strict. If not we may aswell just have light side and dark side and unlock all the skins aswell, i think this would ruin the experience

    Why may we as well unlock all the skins and vehicles and reinforcements? Why is it all or nothing with you? The development team have picked and chosen what they want to be era unlocked. You know why? Because that is an opinion they have. Perhaps the feeling of immersion is not so reliant on complete and total restrictions on content to that era. I still feel more or less immersed in endor even though I can see some heroes that aren't apart of that era. Seems the devs have stuck a good balance it feels. If they added all era reinforcements, next thing you will say is "oh well why don't they mix parts of other maps together with each other", because it's all or nothing right.

    Its not an all or nothing, but the only argument for cross era im hearing is more gameplay, so if its about more gameplay you might aswell unlock all vehicles starfighters and reinforcements since they are all different and offer different gameplay. Same as heroes, its double standards to say have cross eras for gameplay but restrict the other things that would offer even more gameplay. If they come out and say its because there isnt enough heroes in a certain era or whatever then thats fine, but the argument for cross era heroes for gameplay without giving cross era everything that offers more gameplay is a much worse reason than immersion.

    Well maybe the assumed correctly that basically everyone in the game would be more accepting of cross era heroes than cross era vehicles and reinforcements. So they had to pick their battle wisely and just limit the heroes to being cross era. Adding all era reinforcements and vehicles would add more variety and "gameplay", but it would no doubt be more controversial than just having the heroes as cross era. They've struck a good balance with appealing to people that want more variety at the cost of feeling completely immersed in the game.

    I think vehicles in particular would be going too far when it comes to cross era. Having a droid tank on yavin 4 and hoth would just seem too out of place. A lot moreso than any of the heroes from other other era's. It's a sliding scale and they've landed at a good point.

    I completely disagree, your idea of having a droid tank on yavin 4 is the same idea most of us have of darth maul on yavin 4. If you add one for the excuse of gameplay despite knowing theres controversy then add everything to allow more gameplay despite the controversy, listen, if cross era heroes didnt happen at the beginning of the game, people wouldnt be asking for them to be cross era, (theres always gonna be one but the last majority of people that ask for it now on cs). The same way no ones asking for reinforcements or tanks to be cross era because no one expects it to be and the idea at first sounds silly, rebels shouldnt be coming up against commando droids the same way luke shouldnt be fighting on kashyyyk vs droids. I understand cross era was necessary at the beginning of the game and why they cant take away from ga now, but to be honest, despite what they say know, i really doubt if they had enough heroes for each era at launch there would have been cross era heroes. Only the ones that actually make sense eg old ben kenobi, yoda chewwie, you get the idea. If cross heroes is really the best way forward due to gameplay, it would be allowed on cs.

    Well I can get the feeling of immersion even if there are cross era heroes and nothing else, then I assume others feel the same because so many people also side with me on cross era heroes. So again, I say to you if people get that feeling of immersion currently, why does it have to be an all or nothing thing concerning variety of gameplay overall? Because it really seems they've kept immersive qualities whilst also not going too far with cross-era. At least for most people. This topic is far from being the number 1 talked about issue on the forums. So you have to concede that it's simply not a big issue for people in general and the average player doesn't feel removed from the game just because of a few heroes here and there. Also no one is asking for reinforcements and tanks cross era because hardly anyone cares that much about them relative to how much people care about heroes. They've chosen cross era heroes because people like them the most. Plus, if you think they would never of made cross era if they had enough heroes at the start, then why would they have dropped the 6k BP cost for cross era heroes in the last few months? They didn't have to do that at all, and almost no one was asking for it. They did it just because people like a whole bunch of different heroes and it's a game, so they can pick and choose how they wish based on what they think the community will enjoy the most.

    To that i say why not make it cross era heroes on cs? Im not here saying they should lock them now or anything, im just challenging the idea that if the argument is variety of gameplay then surely that would apply to everything. Therefore in my eyes to not include everything cross era and only heroes because of that reasoning, its double standards in my eyes making immersion a much better thing to listen to than this argument.

    I personally think a much better reasoning for keeping heroes cross era in ga is because they have been from the start so it would be taking something away from thenplayer base, the same way that if they add another enforcer for clones many would ask to remove the wookies but i think it would be a mistake to take away something that many have got used to and it is a game so we can turn a blind eye.

    I personally dont touch ga since cs because i prefer era lock personally and clone wars aswell. Ive only gone on ga lately to try get some milestones completed but then again thats not only down to cross era heroes(although its definitly a contributing factor).

    The thing is with me personally i wouldnt mind turning a blind eye to things that exist within the era, like wookies being places they shouldnt, even having characters like emperor palpatine who were alive at the time for clone wars or luke leia and han and lando being in st. I dont mind just cuz its not something that has canonically happened as long as its possible it could have happened. But obi wan vs kylo ren for example alongside stormtroopers just takes me out of it cuz that wouldnt be possible. Does that make sense?? So im not complety strict on it but there are things that take me out of it cuz even my imagination wouldnt be doing it since somecharacters were not alive at the same time.

    Well I personally believe CS would be way more popular if they did open up the other heroes to being involved. I'm not talking about just different era maps. I mean all heroes on all maps. I sure as hell don't touch that game mode because it is the absolute most repetitive and limited game mode in the game. 4 heroes for each side, and half of them are bad and boring heroes as well and it's the exact same ship phase thing in every match. I just can't stand it. Not even to mention the A.I.!! I think we'll have to agree to disagree. No way I'd be able to convince someone of my point of view if they play CS only I think.
  • The elements are canon, the events are not.

    Let's just leave out the word canon ok. Can everyone stick to immersion, please, because that's the only word I ever see people use when talking about era lock.
  • Lyc4n
    1135 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really think immersion is key, its what makes cs so good. Its like someone said earlier, theres things like fighting on planets they didnt in the movies and stuff which doesnt matter but factions should stay strict. If not we may aswell just have light side and dark side and unlock all the skins aswell, i think this would ruin the experience

    Why may we as well unlock all the skins and vehicles and reinforcements? Why is it all or nothing with you? The development team have picked and chosen what they want to be era unlocked. You know why? Because that is an opinion they have. Perhaps the feeling of immersion is not so reliant on complete and total restrictions on content to that era. I still feel more or less immersed in endor even though I can see some heroes that aren't apart of that era. Seems the devs have stuck a good balance it feels. If they added all era reinforcements, next thing you will say is "oh well why don't they mix parts of other maps together with each other", because it's all or nothing right.

    Its not an all or nothing, but the only argument for cross era im hearing is more gameplay, so if its about more gameplay you might aswell unlock all vehicles starfighters and reinforcements since they are all different and offer different gameplay. Same as heroes, its double standards to say have cross eras for gameplay but restrict the other things that would offer even more gameplay. If they come out and say its because there isnt enough heroes in a certain era or whatever then thats fine, but the argument for cross era heroes for gameplay without giving cross era everything that offers more gameplay is a much worse reason than immersion.

    Well maybe the assumed correctly that basically everyone in the game would be more accepting of cross era heroes than cross era vehicles and reinforcements. So they had to pick their battle wisely and just limit the heroes to being cross era. Adding all era reinforcements and vehicles would add more variety and "gameplay", but it would no doubt be more controversial than just having the heroes as cross era. They've struck a good balance with appealing to people that want more variety at the cost of feeling completely immersed in the game.

    I think vehicles in particular would be going too far when it comes to cross era. Having a droid tank on yavin 4 and hoth would just seem too out of place. A lot moreso than any of the heroes from other other era's. It's a sliding scale and they've landed at a good point.

    I completely disagree, your idea of having a droid tank on yavin 4 is the same idea most of us have of darth maul on yavin 4. If you add one for the excuse of gameplay despite knowing theres controversy then add everything to allow more gameplay despite the controversy, listen, if cross era heroes didnt happen at the beginning of the game, people wouldnt be asking for them to be cross era, (theres always gonna be one but the last majority of people that ask for it now on cs). The same way no ones asking for reinforcements or tanks to be cross era because no one expects it to be and the idea at first sounds silly, rebels shouldnt be coming up against commando droids the same way luke shouldnt be fighting on kashyyyk vs droids. I understand cross era was necessary at the beginning of the game and why they cant take away from ga now, but to be honest, despite what they say know, i really doubt if they had enough heroes for each era at launch there would have been cross era heroes. Only the ones that actually make sense eg old ben kenobi, yoda chewwie, you get the idea. If cross heroes is really the best way forward due to gameplay, it would be allowed on cs.

    Well I can get the feeling of immersion even if there are cross era heroes and nothing else, then I assume others feel the same because so many people also side with me on cross era heroes. So again, I say to you if people get that feeling of immersion currently, why does it have to be an all or nothing thing concerning variety of gameplay overall? Because it really seems they've kept immersive qualities whilst also not going too far with cross-era. At least for most people. This topic is far from being the number 1 talked about issue on the forums. So you have to concede that it's simply not a big issue for people in general and the average player doesn't feel removed from the game just because of a few heroes here and there. Also no one is asking for reinforcements and tanks cross era because hardly anyone cares that much about them relative to how much people care about heroes. They've chosen cross era heroes because people like them the most. Plus, if you think they would never of made cross era if they had enough heroes at the start, then why would they have dropped the 6k BP cost for cross era heroes in the last few months? They didn't have to do that at all, and almost no one was asking for it. They did it just because people like a whole bunch of different heroes and it's a game, so they can pick and choose how they wish based on what they think the community will enjoy the most.

    To that i say why not make it cross era heroes on cs? Im not here saying they should lock them now or anything, im just challenging the idea that if the argument is variety of gameplay then surely that would apply to everything. Therefore in my eyes to not include everything cross era and only heroes because of that reasoning, its double standards in my eyes making immersion a much better thing to listen to than this argument.

    I personally think a much better reasoning for keeping heroes cross era in ga is because they have been from the start so it would be taking something away from thenplayer base, the same way that if they add another enforcer for clones many would ask to remove the wookies but i think it would be a mistake to take away something that many have got used to and it is a game so we can turn a blind eye.

    I personally dont touch ga since cs because i prefer era lock personally and clone wars aswell. Ive only gone on ga lately to try get some milestones completed but then again thats not only down to cross era heroes(although its definitly a contributing factor).

    The thing is with me personally i wouldnt mind turning a blind eye to things that exist within the era, like wookies being places they shouldnt, even having characters like emperor palpatine who were alive at the time for clone wars or luke leia and han and lando being in st. I dont mind just cuz its not something that has canonically happened as long as its possible it could have happened. But obi wan vs kylo ren for example alongside stormtroopers just takes me out of it cuz that wouldnt be possible. Does that make sense?? So im not complety strict on it but there are things that take me out of it cuz even my imagination wouldnt be doing it since somecharacters were not alive at the same time.

    Well I personally believe CS would be way more popular if they did open up the other heroes to being involved. I'm not talking about just different era maps. I mean all heroes on all maps. I sure as hell don't touch that game mode because it is the absolute most repetitive and limited game mode in the game. 4 heroes for each side, and half of them are bad and boring heroes as well and it's the exact same ship phase thing in every match. I just can't stand it. Not even to mention the A.I.!! I think we'll have to agree to disagree. No way I'd be able to convince someone of my point of view if they play CS only I think.

    Yh i guess we will have to agree to disagree which is fine. Out of curiosity though, do you mainly play hero characters???? I feel like there might be a big correlation between people who play mostly heroes wanting cross era heroes, understandably since this is what they enjoy the most, and infantry based players trying to feel like they are in the world the most. This is just a theory though.

    Well I'm usually first to a hero yes, but that's because I'm one of the best trooper players on the server. So I'll get one if available, but even if I don't, I'm not too fussed and enjoy playing assault and specialist a lot. The only maps I get **** about if I miss a hero is any map that's good for boba. Couldn't really care less about light side to be honest.

    Fair enough, i think this might be the root of our disagreement, unless i have to for a milestone or on the very odd occasion, i will always pick a reinforcement over a hero (yes i put them under infantry umbrella even if most people dont). I guess because i dont care about hero gameplay variability since i dont play them i value the immersion over the actual variety of abilities avialable. But still i just hope u know, like i said im not here to try and get rid of cross era on ga, i was just challenging the idea that the argument for more gameplay variety should also apply to all the other things that add variety, in my eyes. I do think ga should stay cross era mainly because i think its unfair to take something away thats been there since the begining but, i do really hope they dont cross era in cs unless it makes sense for that specific character to be there. That would ruin my favourite gamemode. I guess its a good compromise to have one large game mode with and the other without to be honest.
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really think immersion is key, its what makes cs so good. Its like someone said earlier, theres things like fighting on planets they didnt in the movies and stuff which doesnt matter but factions should stay strict. If not we may aswell just have light side and dark side and unlock all the skins aswell, i think this would ruin the experience

    Why may we as well unlock all the skins and vehicles and reinforcements? Why is it all or nothing with you? The development team have picked and chosen what they want to be era unlocked. You know why? Because that is an opinion they have. Perhaps the feeling of immersion is not so reliant on complete and total restrictions on content to that era. I still feel more or less immersed in endor even though I can see some heroes that aren't apart of that era. Seems the devs have stuck a good balance it feels. If they added all era reinforcements, next thing you will say is "oh well why don't they mix parts of other maps together with each other", because it's all or nothing right.

    Its not an all or nothing, but the only argument for cross era im hearing is more gameplay, so if its about more gameplay you might aswell unlock all vehicles starfighters and reinforcements since they are all different and offer different gameplay. Same as heroes, its double standards to say have cross eras for gameplay but restrict the other things that would offer even more gameplay. If they come out and say its because there isnt enough heroes in a certain era or whatever then thats fine, but the argument for cross era heroes for gameplay without giving cross era everything that offers more gameplay is a much worse reason than immersion.

    Well maybe the assumed correctly that basically everyone in the game would be more accepting of cross era heroes than cross era vehicles and reinforcements. So they had to pick their battle wisely and just limit the heroes to being cross era. Adding all era reinforcements and vehicles would add more variety and "gameplay", but it would no doubt be more controversial than just having the heroes as cross era. They've struck a good balance with appealing to people that want more variety at the cost of feeling completely immersed in the game.

    I think vehicles in particular would be going too far when it comes to cross era. Having a droid tank on yavin 4 and hoth would just seem too out of place. A lot moreso than any of the heroes from other other era's. It's a sliding scale and they've landed at a good point.

    I completely disagree, your idea of having a droid tank on yavin 4 is the same idea most of us have of darth maul on yavin 4. If you add one for the excuse of gameplay despite knowing theres controversy then add everything to allow more gameplay despite the controversy, listen, if cross era heroes didnt happen at the beginning of the game, people wouldnt be asking for them to be cross era, (theres always gonna be one but the last majority of people that ask for it now on cs). The same way no ones asking for reinforcements or tanks to be cross era because no one expects it to be and the idea at first sounds silly, rebels shouldnt be coming up against commando droids the same way luke shouldnt be fighting on kashyyyk vs droids. I understand cross era was necessary at the beginning of the game and why they cant take away from ga now, but to be honest, despite what they say know, i really doubt if they had enough heroes for each era at launch there would have been cross era heroes. Only the ones that actually make sense eg old ben kenobi, yoda chewwie, you get the idea. If cross heroes is really the best way forward due to gameplay, it would be allowed on cs.

    Well I can get the feeling of immersion even if there are cross era heroes and nothing else, then I assume others feel the same because so many people also side with me on cross era heroes. So again, I say to you if people get that feeling of immersion currently, why does it have to be an all or nothing thing concerning variety of gameplay overall? Because it really seems they've kept immersive qualities whilst also not going too far with cross-era. At least for most people. This topic is far from being the number 1 talked about issue on the forums. So you have to concede that it's simply not a big issue for people in general and the average player doesn't feel removed from the game just because of a few heroes here and there. Also no one is asking for reinforcements and tanks cross era because hardly anyone cares that much about them relative to how much people care about heroes. They've chosen cross era heroes because people like them the most. Plus, if you think they would never of made cross era if they had enough heroes at the start, then why would they have dropped the 6k BP cost for cross era heroes in the last few months? They didn't have to do that at all, and almost no one was asking for it. They did it just because people like a whole bunch of different heroes and it's a game, so they can pick and choose how they wish based on what they think the community will enjoy the most.

    To that i say why not make it cross era heroes on cs? Im not here saying they should lock them now or anything, im just challenging the idea that if the argument is variety of gameplay then surely that would apply to everything. Therefore in my eyes to not include everything cross era and only heroes because of that reasoning, its double standards in my eyes making immersion a much better thing to listen to than this argument.

    I personally think a much better reasoning for keeping heroes cross era in ga is because they have been from the start so it would be taking something away from thenplayer base, the same way that if they add another enforcer for clones many would ask to remove the wookies but i think it would be a mistake to take away something that many have got used to and it is a game so we can turn a blind eye.

    I personally dont touch ga since cs because i prefer era lock personally and clone wars aswell. Ive only gone on ga lately to try get some milestones completed but then again thats not only down to cross era heroes(although its definitly a contributing factor).

    The thing is with me personally i wouldnt mind turning a blind eye to things that exist within the era, like wookies being places they shouldnt, even having characters like emperor palpatine who were alive at the time for clone wars or luke leia and han and lando being in st. I dont mind just cuz its not something that has canonically happened as long as its possible it could have happened. But obi wan vs kylo ren for example alongside stormtroopers just takes me out of it cuz that wouldnt be possible. Does that make sense?? So im not complety strict on it but there are things that take me out of it cuz even my imagination wouldnt be doing it since somecharacters were not alive at the same time.

    Well I personally believe CS would be way more popular if they did open up the other heroes to being involved. I'm not talking about just different era maps. I mean all heroes on all maps. I sure as hell don't touch that game mode because it is the absolute most repetitive and limited game mode in the game. 4 heroes for each side, and half of them are bad and boring heroes as well and it's the exact same ship phase thing in every match. I just can't stand it. Not even to mention the A.I.!! I think we'll have to agree to disagree. No way I'd be able to convince someone of my point of view if they play CS only I think.

    Yh i guess we will have to agree to disagree which is fine. Out of curiosity though, do you mainly play hero characters???? I feel like there might be a big correlation between people who play mostly heroes wanting cross era heroes, understandably since this is what they enjoy the most, and infantry based players trying to feel like they are in the world the most. This is just a theory though.

    Well I'm usually first to a hero yes, but that's because I'm one of the best trooper players on the server. So I'll get one if available, but even if I don't, I'm not too fussed and enjoy playing assault and specialist a lot. The only maps I get **** about if I miss a hero is any map that's good for boba. Couldn't really care less about light side to be honest.

    Fair enough, i think this might be the root of our disagreement, unless i have to for a milestone or on the very odd occasion, i will always pick a reinforcement over a hero (yes i put them under infantry umbrella even if most people dont). I guess because i dont care about hero gameplay variability since i dont play them i value the immersion over the actual variety of abilities avialable. But still i just hope u know, like i said im not here to try and get rid of cross era on ga, i was just challenging the idea that the argument for more gameplay variety should also apply to all the other things that add variety, in my eyes. I do think ga should stay cross era mainly because i think its unfair to take something away thats been there since the begining but, i do really hope they dont cross era in cs unless it makes sense for that specific character to be there. That would ruin my favourite gamemode. I guess its a good compromise to have one large game mode with and the other without to be honest.

    I see. Yeah I definately would always pick a hero over a reinforcement. Although sometimes I choose specialist over heroes when playing light side sniper maps. If they never add cross era to CS, the least they should do is add maps from other era's. I just hate that mode because of lack of variety at the moment. I know it's only a new game mode. But how hard would it of been to convert more maps from other era's. I mean all they did for all the current maps, except geonosis, was just rip off the GA ones and put bits of rubble around. Surely that's not too difficult to do for most of the other maps. Yavin 4, endor and hoth seem so easy to turn into CS maps. Just cut out the first phase map section of all of them and put 5 points all around and steal the star destroyer and rebel capital ship designs from the campaign and that's that.
  • Lyc4n
    1135 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really think immersion is key, its what makes cs so good. Its like someone said earlier, theres things like fighting on planets they didnt in the movies and stuff which doesnt matter but factions should stay strict. If not we may aswell just have light side and dark side and unlock all the skins aswell, i think this would ruin the experience

    Why may we as well unlock all the skins and vehicles and reinforcements? Why is it all or nothing with you? The development team have picked and chosen what they want to be era unlocked. You know why? Because that is an opinion they have. Perhaps the feeling of immersion is not so reliant on complete and total restrictions on content to that era. I still feel more or less immersed in endor even though I can see some heroes that aren't apart of that era. Seems the devs have stuck a good balance it feels. If they added all era reinforcements, next thing you will say is "oh well why don't they mix parts of other maps together with each other", because it's all or nothing right.

    Its not an all or nothing, but the only argument for cross era im hearing is more gameplay, so if its about more gameplay you might aswell unlock all vehicles starfighters and reinforcements since they are all different and offer different gameplay. Same as heroes, its double standards to say have cross eras for gameplay but restrict the other things that would offer even more gameplay. If they come out and say its because there isnt enough heroes in a certain era or whatever then thats fine, but the argument for cross era heroes for gameplay without giving cross era everything that offers more gameplay is a much worse reason than immersion.

    Well maybe the assumed correctly that basically everyone in the game would be more accepting of cross era heroes than cross era vehicles and reinforcements. So they had to pick their battle wisely and just limit the heroes to being cross era. Adding all era reinforcements and vehicles would add more variety and "gameplay", but it would no doubt be more controversial than just having the heroes as cross era. They've struck a good balance with appealing to people that want more variety at the cost of feeling completely immersed in the game.

    I think vehicles in particular would be going too far when it comes to cross era. Having a droid tank on yavin 4 and hoth would just seem too out of place. A lot moreso than any of the heroes from other other era's. It's a sliding scale and they've landed at a good point.

    I completely disagree, your idea of having a droid tank on yavin 4 is the same idea most of us have of darth maul on yavin 4. If you add one for the excuse of gameplay despite knowing theres controversy then add everything to allow more gameplay despite the controversy, listen, if cross era heroes didnt happen at the beginning of the game, people wouldnt be asking for them to be cross era, (theres always gonna be one but the last majority of people that ask for it now on cs). The same way no ones asking for reinforcements or tanks to be cross era because no one expects it to be and the idea at first sounds silly, rebels shouldnt be coming up against commando droids the same way luke shouldnt be fighting on kashyyyk vs droids. I understand cross era was necessary at the beginning of the game and why they cant take away from ga now, but to be honest, despite what they say know, i really doubt if they had enough heroes for each era at launch there would have been cross era heroes. Only the ones that actually make sense eg old ben kenobi, yoda chewwie, you get the idea. If cross heroes is really the best way forward due to gameplay, it would be allowed on cs.

    Well I can get the feeling of immersion even if there are cross era heroes and nothing else, then I assume others feel the same because so many people also side with me on cross era heroes. So again, I say to you if people get that feeling of immersion currently, why does it have to be an all or nothing thing concerning variety of gameplay overall? Because it really seems they've kept immersive qualities whilst also not going too far with cross-era. At least for most people. This topic is far from being the number 1 talked about issue on the forums. So you have to concede that it's simply not a big issue for people in general and the average player doesn't feel removed from the game just because of a few heroes here and there. Also no one is asking for reinforcements and tanks cross era because hardly anyone cares that much about them relative to how much people care about heroes. They've chosen cross era heroes because people like them the most. Plus, if you think they would never of made cross era if they had enough heroes at the start, then why would they have dropped the 6k BP cost for cross era heroes in the last few months? They didn't have to do that at all, and almost no one was asking for it. They did it just because people like a whole bunch of different heroes and it's a game, so they can pick and choose how they wish based on what they think the community will enjoy the most.

    To that i say why not make it cross era heroes on cs? Im not here saying they should lock them now or anything, im just challenging the idea that if the argument is variety of gameplay then surely that would apply to everything. Therefore in my eyes to not include everything cross era and only heroes because of that reasoning, its double standards in my eyes making immersion a much better thing to listen to than this argument.

    I personally think a much better reasoning for keeping heroes cross era in ga is because they have been from the start so it would be taking something away from thenplayer base, the same way that if they add another enforcer for clones many would ask to remove the wookies but i think it would be a mistake to take away something that many have got used to and it is a game so we can turn a blind eye.

    I personally dont touch ga since cs because i prefer era lock personally and clone wars aswell. Ive only gone on ga lately to try get some milestones completed but then again thats not only down to cross era heroes(although its definitly a contributing factor).

    The thing is with me personally i wouldnt mind turning a blind eye to things that exist within the era, like wookies being places they shouldnt, even having characters like emperor palpatine who were alive at the time for clone wars or luke leia and han and lando being in st. I dont mind just cuz its not something that has canonically happened as long as its possible it could have happened. But obi wan vs kylo ren for example alongside stormtroopers just takes me out of it cuz that wouldnt be possible. Does that make sense?? So im not complety strict on it but there are things that take me out of it cuz even my imagination wouldnt be doing it since somecharacters were not alive at the same time.

    Well I personally believe CS would be way more popular if they did open up the other heroes to being involved. I'm not talking about just different era maps. I mean all heroes on all maps. I sure as hell don't touch that game mode because it is the absolute most repetitive and limited game mode in the game. 4 heroes for each side, and half of them are bad and boring heroes as well and it's the exact same ship phase thing in every match. I just can't stand it. Not even to mention the A.I.!! I think we'll have to agree to disagree. No way I'd be able to convince someone of my point of view if they play CS only I think.

    Yh i guess we will have to agree to disagree which is fine. Out of curiosity though, do you mainly play hero characters???? I feel like there might be a big correlation between people who play mostly heroes wanting cross era heroes, understandably since this is what they enjoy the most, and infantry based players trying to feel like they are in the world the most. This is just a theory though.

    Well I'm usually first to a hero yes, but that's because I'm one of the best trooper players on the server. So I'll get one if available, but even if I don't, I'm not too fussed and enjoy playing assault and specialist a lot. The only maps I get **** about if I miss a hero is any map that's good for boba. Couldn't really care less about light side to be honest.

    Fair enough, i think this might be the root of our disagreement, unless i have to for a milestone or on the very odd occasion, i will always pick a reinforcement over a hero (yes i put them under infantry umbrella even if most people dont). I guess because i dont care about hero gameplay variability since i dont play them i value the immersion over the actual variety of abilities avialable. But still i just hope u know, like i said im not here to try and get rid of cross era on ga, i was just challenging the idea that the argument for more gameplay variety should also apply to all the other things that add variety, in my eyes. I do think ga should stay cross era mainly because i think its unfair to take something away thats been there since the begining but, i do really hope they dont cross era in cs unless it makes sense for that specific character to be there. That would ruin my favourite gamemode. I guess its a good compromise to have one large game mode with and the other without to be honest.

    I see. Yeah I definately would always pick a hero over a reinforcement. Although sometimes I choose specialist over heroes when playing light side sniper maps. If they never add cross era to CS, the least they should do is add maps from other era's. I just hate that mode because of lack of variety at the moment. I know it's only a new game mode. But how hard would it of been to convert more maps from other era's. I mean all they did for all the current maps, except geonosis, was just rip off the GA ones and put bits of rubble around. Surely that's not too difficult to do for most of the other maps. Yavin 4, endor and hoth seem so easy to turn into CS maps. Just cut out the first phase map section of all of them and put 5 points all around and steal the star destroyer and rebel capital ship designs from the campaign and that's that.

    Totally agree, cs can become tedious after a while of playing due to a lack of maps but i just greatly prefer the gameplay on it. As an infantry player i also prefer this cuz i love both commando droid and droideka, not the biggest fan of the arc trooper but i still like the fact its in there, a lot of people seam to enjoy it. Felucia will be a breath of fresh air and then i reckon we will move onto st maps getting ported with a new one from episode 9 in the new year.

    Would you see heroes as cross era if they were alive at the time of the era despite not being heavily visible in that era, imagine lets say if we had for example ahsoka added, that would make every hero, apart from anakin, cross era into the OT era and i qould be fine with this because the immersion would be there so the light side would only lose anakin. What would you say to that? Purely curiosity
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really think immersion is key, its what makes cs so good. Its like someone said earlier, theres things like fighting on planets they didnt in the movies and stuff which doesnt matter but factions should stay strict. If not we may aswell just have light side and dark side and unlock all the skins aswell, i think this would ruin the experience

    Why may we as well unlock all the skins and vehicles and reinforcements? Why is it all or nothing with you? The development team have picked and chosen what they want to be era unlocked. You know why? Because that is an opinion they have. Perhaps the feeling of immersion is not so reliant on complete and total restrictions on content to that era. I still feel more or less immersed in endor even though I can see some heroes that aren't apart of that era. Seems the devs have stuck a good balance it feels. If they added all era reinforcements, next thing you will say is "oh well why don't they mix parts of other maps together with each other", because it's all or nothing right.

    Its not an all or nothing, but the only argument for cross era im hearing is more gameplay, so if its about more gameplay you might aswell unlock all vehicles starfighters and reinforcements since they are all different and offer different gameplay. Same as heroes, its double standards to say have cross eras for gameplay but restrict the other things that would offer even more gameplay. If they come out and say its because there isnt enough heroes in a certain era or whatever then thats fine, but the argument for cross era heroes for gameplay without giving cross era everything that offers more gameplay is a much worse reason than immersion.

    Well maybe the assumed correctly that basically everyone in the game would be more accepting of cross era heroes than cross era vehicles and reinforcements. So they had to pick their battle wisely and just limit the heroes to being cross era. Adding all era reinforcements and vehicles would add more variety and "gameplay", but it would no doubt be more controversial than just having the heroes as cross era. They've struck a good balance with appealing to people that want more variety at the cost of feeling completely immersed in the game.

    I think vehicles in particular would be going too far when it comes to cross era. Having a droid tank on yavin 4 and hoth would just seem too out of place. A lot moreso than any of the heroes from other other era's. It's a sliding scale and they've landed at a good point.

    I completely disagree, your idea of having a droid tank on yavin 4 is the same idea most of us have of darth maul on yavin 4. If you add one for the excuse of gameplay despite knowing theres controversy then add everything to allow more gameplay despite the controversy, listen, if cross era heroes didnt happen at the beginning of the game, people wouldnt be asking for them to be cross era, (theres always gonna be one but the last majority of people that ask for it now on cs). The same way no ones asking for reinforcements or tanks to be cross era because no one expects it to be and the idea at first sounds silly, rebels shouldnt be coming up against commando droids the same way luke shouldnt be fighting on kashyyyk vs droids. I understand cross era was necessary at the beginning of the game and why they cant take away from ga now, but to be honest, despite what they say know, i really doubt if they had enough heroes for each era at launch there would have been cross era heroes. Only the ones that actually make sense eg old ben kenobi, yoda chewwie, you get the idea. If cross heroes is really the best way forward due to gameplay, it would be allowed on cs.

    Well I can get the feeling of immersion even if there are cross era heroes and nothing else, then I assume others feel the same because so many people also side with me on cross era heroes. So again, I say to you if people get that feeling of immersion currently, why does it have to be an all or nothing thing concerning variety of gameplay overall? Because it really seems they've kept immersive qualities whilst also not going too far with cross-era. At least for most people. This topic is far from being the number 1 talked about issue on the forums. So you have to concede that it's simply not a big issue for people in general and the average player doesn't feel removed from the game just because of a few heroes here and there. Also no one is asking for reinforcements and tanks cross era because hardly anyone cares that much about them relative to how much people care about heroes. They've chosen cross era heroes because people like them the most. Plus, if you think they would never of made cross era if they had enough heroes at the start, then why would they have dropped the 6k BP cost for cross era heroes in the last few months? They didn't have to do that at all, and almost no one was asking for it. They did it just because people like a whole bunch of different heroes and it's a game, so they can pick and choose how they wish based on what they think the community will enjoy the most.

    To that i say why not make it cross era heroes on cs? Im not here saying they should lock them now or anything, im just challenging the idea that if the argument is variety of gameplay then surely that would apply to everything. Therefore in my eyes to not include everything cross era and only heroes because of that reasoning, its double standards in my eyes making immersion a much better thing to listen to than this argument.

    I personally think a much better reasoning for keeping heroes cross era in ga is because they have been from the start so it would be taking something away from thenplayer base, the same way that if they add another enforcer for clones many would ask to remove the wookies but i think it would be a mistake to take away something that many have got used to and it is a game so we can turn a blind eye.

    I personally dont touch ga since cs because i prefer era lock personally and clone wars aswell. Ive only gone on ga lately to try get some milestones completed but then again thats not only down to cross era heroes(although its definitly a contributing factor).

    The thing is with me personally i wouldnt mind turning a blind eye to things that exist within the era, like wookies being places they shouldnt, even having characters like emperor palpatine who were alive at the time for clone wars or luke leia and han and lando being in st. I dont mind just cuz its not something that has canonically happened as long as its possible it could have happened. But obi wan vs kylo ren for example alongside stormtroopers just takes me out of it cuz that wouldnt be possible. Does that make sense?? So im not complety strict on it but there are things that take me out of it cuz even my imagination wouldnt be doing it since somecharacters were not alive at the same time.

    Well I personally believe CS would be way more popular if they did open up the other heroes to being involved. I'm not talking about just different era maps. I mean all heroes on all maps. I sure as hell don't touch that game mode because it is the absolute most repetitive and limited game mode in the game. 4 heroes for each side, and half of them are bad and boring heroes as well and it's the exact same ship phase thing in every match. I just can't stand it. Not even to mention the A.I.!! I think we'll have to agree to disagree. No way I'd be able to convince someone of my point of view if they play CS only I think.

    Yh i guess we will have to agree to disagree which is fine. Out of curiosity though, do you mainly play hero characters???? I feel like there might be a big correlation between people who play mostly heroes wanting cross era heroes, understandably since this is what they enjoy the most, and infantry based players trying to feel like they are in the world the most. This is just a theory though.

    Well I'm usually first to a hero yes, but that's because I'm one of the best trooper players on the server. So I'll get one if available, but even if I don't, I'm not too fussed and enjoy playing assault and specialist a lot. The only maps I get **** about if I miss a hero is any map that's good for boba. Couldn't really care less about light side to be honest.

    Fair enough, i think this might be the root of our disagreement, unless i have to for a milestone or on the very odd occasion, i will always pick a reinforcement over a hero (yes i put them under infantry umbrella even if most people dont). I guess because i dont care about hero gameplay variability since i dont play them i value the immersion over the actual variety of abilities avialable. But still i just hope u know, like i said im not here to try and get rid of cross era on ga, i was just challenging the idea that the argument for more gameplay variety should also apply to all the other things that add variety, in my eyes. I do think ga should stay cross era mainly because i think its unfair to take something away thats been there since the begining but, i do really hope they dont cross era in cs unless it makes sense for that specific character to be there. That would ruin my favourite gamemode. I guess its a good compromise to have one large game mode with and the other without to be honest.

    I see. Yeah I definately would always pick a hero over a reinforcement. Although sometimes I choose specialist over heroes when playing light side sniper maps. If they never add cross era to CS, the least they should do is add maps from other era's. I just hate that mode because of lack of variety at the moment. I know it's only a new game mode. But how hard would it of been to convert more maps from other era's. I mean all they did for all the current maps, except geonosis, was just rip off the GA ones and put bits of rubble around. Surely that's not too difficult to do for most of the other maps. Yavin 4, endor and hoth seem so easy to turn into CS maps. Just cut out the first phase map section of all of them and put 5 points all around and steal the star destroyer and rebel capital ship designs from the campaign and that's that.

    Totally agree, cs can become tedious after a while of playing due to a lack of maps but i just greatly prefer the gameplay on it. As an infantry player i also prefer this cuz i love both commando droid and droideka, not the biggest fan of the arc trooper but i still like the fact its in there, a lot of people seam to enjoy it. Felucia will be a breath of fresh air and then i reckon we will move onto st maps getting ported with a new one from episode 9 in the new year.

    Would you see heroes as cross era if they were alive at the time of the era despite not being heavily visible in that era, imagine lets say if we had for example ahsoka added, that would make every hero, apart from anakin, cross era into the OT era and i qould be fine with this because the immersion would be there so the light side would only lose anakin. What would you say to that? Purely curiosity

    I just wish the dev team was bigger and could pump out seemingly easy content a lot quicker. OT and ST maps in CS would be so good. I'd actually start playing it every now and then if they added those era's.

    Hmmm, I didn't follow the second half of the second paragraph that well coz I am not completely familiar with ahsoka and what era's she spans. But as long as they appear in the movies or animated series, then I'd say only then would they be considered to be apart of an era. Like perhaps Han was born and alive during PT, but I don't think he should be considered part of that era. Also I never really understood why Anakin was made to be 4k points in GA OT maps. Like yeah he was Anakin again for like 1 minute at the end of ROTJ, but he was just a dying old man and in the original movie wasn't even a young force ghost. I thought that was a stretch to put him as 4k BP on those maps.
  • Why does everything have to be canon, it’s a video game, era lock has never made sense to me and the only thing worth doing for era lock is raising hero prices.

    x8bi2fz1mg0f.gif

    Is your keyboard broken? You're a very odd person.

    jm7dgqdbah4s.gif
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Out of era heroes in GA completely takes me out of the entire thing.

    Arent you in this game for competition though?? Or your actually mainly here to feel like your apart of the exact same situation on death star 2 every single time it comes around? I mean if you are a frequent player, you must of played that map hundreds of times, and the main thing you want is to feel like your replaying that over and over again as a stormtroopers or rebel? Surely have a larger variety of heroes and therefore more competitive gameplay would be more of a concern.

    "Aren't you in this game for competition though" -> this game never has been and never will be competitive

    Go play arcade if you feel that way

    congrats for your logic, excellent
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!