criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

How do clans work in BF 2?

CC_1010
1815 posts Member
I am kinda interested. Are there more PC or console clans? Do you have to be skilled or over a certain level to join? What are the most known Clans?
Would you join or are you in a clan?

Replies

• CC_1010
    1815 posts Member
    @CloudWalker @lEnigma

I tag you two because I know that you are in Clans!
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    @CloudWalker @lEnigma

Who are these people
  • Probably more clans on console than on pc. Overall each clan is different in how they work because each clan is managed differently. I'll speak of what I know and it's my own -501st- :
    • Skill is sort off irrelevant, you don't have to top the scoreboard not bottom of it though lol. You have to be "game smart" though or at least willing to learn, like you can have bad aim no problem but if you play heavy and there's an at st slaughtering the lobby you should be able to know that you may need to take those ion torpedoes out.
    • You are expected to play with people in the clan sometimes, it's totally okay to play alone but why would you join a clan if all you do is play on your own? Login and say hello or talk a bit in the discord channels is like the only thing asked from you and if you can't play for a prolonged period of time just tell Kaelt or Ausilios so you don't get kicked when a purge of inactive players happens but if you have befriended the "biggest players" in the clan it won't happen.
    • Contrary to some clans there's almost no rules, to quote the "Rules" written: "Basically, don't be a ***** to other people. Treat others with respect, the same way you'd like to be treated yourself."
      Actually one more, you have to leave the group if you want to leave the game at the end screen because otherwise the whole group is kicked to menus, thanks dice coding.
    • The only "try harding" is just a simple indication given on certain maps at the beginning: courtyard first on yavin 4, kamino barracks first... Otherwise the map will probably be not enjoyable for anyone.
      To add on the tryhard it doesn't happen often that the group try hard because the lobby will get destroyed. Walker phases ends in less than 4 minutes, both walkers down, geonosis ends phase one or two if we let them cap phase one for fun and next map the lobby is dead and you have to wait 10 minutes to get a working lobby. :/
    • Games played are mostly Bf2 of course, it's the core game but there's some others that are played too, ESO, Apex, BfV
    • There's no official clan tag, it just triggers people so we got rid of it like a year ago, you can have "-" on each side of your name if you want to (ie. -CIoudWaIker-), you can also still use the old "-501st-" before your name if you want to also.
    • There's like 150 people in the discord (we use it over origin in game voice because it's garbage) 51 people are not in the clan (from other clans, people that are friends of members...) and bots so there's like a 100 members in total, relatively small, quality over quantity.
    • Streamers hates clans or at least our clan because they can't win the lobby most of the time and it's not good for their stream, so we get a bad name because of it and of course the usual a**hole in the game that is mad because he lost a game and we tell him to f off. People mostly take messages we post in game as being mean but it's just good fun and mostly jokes between us. People that get to know us get's know we are chill, ask @Dash .

In the end it's not really a clan if you want, it's just friends playing together and two people that manages the discord.
    Most known clans I would say are AOD, UE, IGF on pc.
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    @CloudWalker @lEnigma

Who are these people
    giphy.gif
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Probably more clans on console than on pc. Overall each clan is different in how they work because each clan is managed differently. I'll speak of what I know and it's my own -501st- :
    • Skill is sort off irrelevant, you don't have to top the scoreboard not bottom of it though lol. You have to be "game smart" though or at least willing to learn, like you can have bad aim no problem but if you play heavy and there's an at st slaughtering the lobby you should be able to know that you may need to take those ion torpedoes out.
    • You are expected to play with people in the clan sometimes, it's totally okay to play alone but why would you join a clan if all you do is play on your own? Login and say hello or talk a bit in the discord channels is like the only thing asked from you and if you can't play for a prolonged period of time just tell Kaelt or Ausilios so you don't get kicked when a purge of inactive players happens but if you have befriended the "biggest players" in the clan it won't happen.
    • Contrary to some clans there's almost no rules, to quote the "Rules" written: "Basically, don't be a **** to other people. Treat others with respect, the same way you'd like to be treated yourself."
      Actually one more, you have to leave the group if you want to leave the game at the end screen because otherwise the whole group is kicked to menus, thanks dice coding.
    • The only "try harding" is just a simple indication given on certain maps at the beginning: courtyard first on yavin 4, kamino barracks first... Otherwise the map will probably be not enjoyable for anyone.
      To add on the tryhard it doesn't happen often that the group try hard because the lobby will get destroyed. Walker phases ends in less than 4 minutes, both walkers down, geonosis ends phase one or two if we let them cap phase one for fun and next map the lobby is dead and you have to wait 10 minutes to get a working lobby. :/
    • Games played are mostly Bf2 of course, it's the core game but there's some others that are played too, ESO, Apex, BfV
    • There's no official clan tag, it just triggers people so we got rid of it like a year ago, you can have "-" on each side of your name if you want to (ie. -CIoudWaIker-), you can also still use the old "-501st-" before your name if you want to also.
    • There's like 150 people in the discord (we use it over origin in game voice because it's garbage) 51 people are not in the clan (from other clans, people that are friends of members...) and bots so there's like a 100 members in total, relatively small, quality over quantity.
    • Streamers hates clans or at least our clan because they can't win the lobby most of the time and it's not good for their stream, so we get a bad name because of it and of course the usual a**hole in the game that is mad because he lost a game and we tell him to f off. People mostly take messages we post in game as being mean but it's just good fun and mostly jokes between us. People that get to know us get's know we are chill, ask @Dash .

In the end it's not really a clan if you want, it's just friends playing together and two people that manages the discord.
    Most known clans I would say are AOD, UE, IGF on pc.
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    @CloudWalker @lEnigma

Who are these people
    giphy.gif

Can confirm, big group of great people in the 501st. 😎👍
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Damn that was fast Dash lol
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Damn that was fast Dash lol

I am the Forums. zjhdw9u0z309.gif

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• 9ykh4n3659b21.gif
    5 char
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    9ykh4n3659b21.gif
    5 char

0s3a2db5b7fl.gif

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Mods, he is too dangerous to be left alive!
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Mods, he is too dangerous to be left alive!
    7hs778166lai.gif

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

I dont see you much with Ausilios, Radeon or the rest.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

I dont see you much with Ausilios, Radeon or the rest.

I don't go to sleep at 3 am lately, so when I stop playing is the time when they get on, we still play together the week ends often though.
  • CC_1010
    1815 posts Member
    Thanks for the info!