criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Make Only Trooper Event Happen

Can you imagine how fun this would be to play objective all together?

Replies

• I think they called this "Arcade". Seriously though, this is needed, if not permanent, wouldn't hurt as an "event".
  • lerodemmy wrote: »

What's better is that it'll separate all those "skilled" players that rely on heroes to the rest of the actual players, and would just be an awesome event in gerenal. Troopers Unleashed.

And what makes the trooper players the "skilled" ones? What happens when those players venture into HvV? They get annihilated and quit.

When HvV players venture into GA, they finish at the top of the board.

What?

Using heroes against troopers is like playing arcade: there's no challenge at all as there's no skill needed, no matter how many times you play HvV. Topping the leaderboard with heroes is due to their strong hp, damage output, and abilities compared to troopers, not skill. Hence spam.

And being proficient with troopers only makes a player much better in HvV due to mastering something no where near as strong a character as heroes, which makes mastering heroes' unique skillsets even easier - including saber weilders. Going from mastering troopers to mastering heroes is a breeze; you feel like you're being put on auto-pilot. And the only time heroes require skill is against each other is in HvV as it's an even playing field.

There's a difference between skill and hero handicap that so many herolords can't seem to grasp, this case being a perfect example.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Nothing against my hero buds but absolutely agree with this.

Heroes are great in HvV and even think some type of objective needs to be placed in HvV, I'd play the mode more often is so.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

What's better is that it'll separate all those "skilled" players that rely on heroes to the rest of the actual players, and would just be an awesome event in gerenal. Troopers Unleashed.

And what makes the trooper players the "skilled" ones? What happens when those players venture into HvV? They get annihilated and quit.

What?

Using heroes against troopers is like playing arcade: there's no challenge at all as there's no skill needed, no matter how many times you play HvV. Topping the leaderboard with heroes is due to their strong hp, damage output, and abilities compared to troopers, not skill. Hence spam.

And being proficient with troopers only makes a player much better in HvV due to mastering something no where near as strong a character as heroes, which makes mastering heroes' unique skillsets even easier - including saber weilders. Going from mastering troopers to mastering heroes is a breeze; you feel like you're being put on auto-pilot. And the only time heroes require skill is against each other is in HvV as it's an even playing field.

There's a difference between skill and hero handicap that so many herolords can't seem to grasp, this case being a perfect example.

Heroes are great in HvV and even think some type of objective needs to be placed in HvV, I'd play the mode more often is so.

What kind of objectives? Do you mean almost miniature GA objectives? I think king of the hill type objectives.

What?

What kind of objectives? Do you mean almost miniature GA objectives? I think king of the hill type objectives.

Honestly don't know, a couple of command posts to capture or something? Something simple that could be added to every HvV map that draws players to some goal.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

What?

Honestly don't know, a couple of command posts to capture or something? Something simple that could be added to every HvV map that draws players to some goal.

So small CS without ship phase... sounds fun!

What?

Something like Domination or Squad Conquest from BFV maybe if anyone is familiar with those modes?
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

What?

Something like Domination or Squad Conquest from BFV maybe if anyone is familiar with those modes?

Sorry, have no clue

What?

Two of my favorite modes in bf5, would love that in this game. Btw the new cod game is supposedly having a 20v20 mode, should be interesting.

What?

Two of my favorite modes in bf5, would love that in this game. Btw the new cod game is supposedly having a 20v20 mode, should be interesting.

The new CoD looks decent, but I quit that franchise after Black Ops II.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I’m not sure how I’d feel about an event, I don’t want a permanent change to the preexisting modes, but a new mode would be welcome.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • As one of the so called “herolords” I’ll be fine with just one no hero weekend, but the real fix is a large objective based trooper only game mode.
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I’m not sure how I’d feel about an event, I don’t want a permanent change to the preexisting modes, but a new mode would be welcome.

The playerbase is split into factions, calling each other names... which easily could have been avoided by giving players the option to play as they like:
    hero modes, mixed modes and trooper modes.
    Why don’t we have that?

Trooperlords were largely asking for an additional game mode, be it a rework of JPC or for one of the bf15 modes. Unfortunately our ideas don’t resonate with dice.

As far as I understand, a potential trooper event is supposed to test the waters for a potential trooper mode; and if I remember correctly it was suggested for the first time for blast and not for the large modes.

However I fear that almost two years in, a single event will be too little too late for infantry players.

To bring new or old players back to the game and stick with it, a permanent trooper mode is the way to go.

LOL

That's like using the MCU as an example and saying:

"And what makes the normal human military the skilled ones? What happens when those players try to fight Thanos? They get annihilated and quit.

"When superheroes venture into regular mortal battles, they finish at the top of the board."

:lol:
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I’m not sure how I’d feel about an event, I don’t want a permanent change to the preexisting modes, but a new mode would be welcome.
    Exactly.

Trooper GA - accurate Heroes, 1 per team, with monthly no-heroes events - 2 reinforcements per team
    Trooper CS - accurate Heroes, 1 per team, with monthly no-heroes events - 2 reinforcements per team

Hero GA - as is - cross-era Heroes, 4 per team, with monthly HU events - 5 reinforcements per team
    Hero CS - cross-era Heroes, 4 per team, with monthly HU events - 5 reinforcements per team
    skincarver wrote: »
    The playerbase is split into factions, calling each other names... which easily could have been avoided by giving players the option to play as they like:
    hero modes, mixed modes and trooper modes.
    Exactly.
  • How about an actual MODE dedicated to infantry (the 4 main classes and only those 4 classes)
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • They obviously thought of this before and gave us Turning Point. Not sure why they abandoned the idea this time around.
  • How about an actual MODE dedicated to infantry (the 4 main classes and only those 4 classes)

The foundation was already there, turning point, cargo, dropzone, droid run, and add a few more extraction maps and private matches.
  • They obviously thought of this before and gave us Turning Point. Not sure why they abandoned the idea this time around.

In all my time of playing Battlefront 2015 Turning Point always had a population too. Like I've said a million times before: what the community is asking for in Battlefront II is not unheard of wanting a trooper focused mode .... DICE did it with Turning Point already and the community loved it and all we want is something similar to that. Just give me GA and CS Troopers only (reinforcements if really they need to compromise) and we are good.
  • Turning Point was IMO the greatest mode of BF15.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »

LOL

"And what makes the normal human military the skilled ones? What happens when those players try to fight Thanos? They get annihilated and quit.

"When superheroes venture into regular mortal battles, they finish at the top of the board."

Spot on. Lero sure got quiet all of a sudden, haha.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • ROMG4
    2957 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    some things troopers have are down right overpowered.

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • JackTHorn wrote: »

LOL

I don't understand this analogy. HvV is unbalanced, but it's a relatively level playing field. Everyone has a hero. I'm saying the GA players who try out HvV get destroyed. The same is not true of HvV players who want to amuse themselves with GA.
    JackTHorn wrote: »

LOL

Spot on. Lero sure got quiet all of a sudden, haha.

No, I just don't spend all day on here trolling like you. You already said I'm right at the end of your other post anyway:

"And the only time heroes require skill is against each other is in HvV as it's an even playing field."

When most GA players go to HvV and their hero skill is tested against true hero players, they fold.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • I LOVE the heroes but this would be a cool temp mode over a long weekend.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • Of course it would be nice

It's easy to hit people in the head when you have a crutch.
    It's very easy to get top scoreboard with a hero in GA, that's barely any skill required. If one ACTUALLY had skill, then they should be able to get top scoreboard with a base class. Unfortunately theres this thought in our player base that is "whoever's spams the heroes apparently has the most skill". Now that's a crying shame.

There are people who believe that trooper players are more skilled because, unlike heroes, there is no even playing field for troops. The troops have to constantly fight against the odds because every mode with a trooper includes reinforcements and heroes. Those who have to fight harder usually get better quicker. At least that's my take on it.

Thanks for reading, be civilized, and I'll see you on the battlefront.

It's easy to hit people in the head when you have a crutch.
    It's very easy to get top scoreboard with a hero in GA, that's barely any skill required. If one ACTUALLY had skill, then they should be able to get top scoreboard with a base class. Unfortunately theres this thought in our player base that is "whoever's spams the heroes apparently has the most skill". Now that's a crying shame.

There are people who believe that trooper players are more skilled because, unlike heroes, there is no even playing field for troops. The troops have to constantly fight against the odds because every mode with a trooper includes reinforcements and heroes. Those who have to fight harder usually get better quicker. At least that's my take on it.

Thanks for reading, be civilized, and I'll see you on the battlefront.

Absolutely.
  • ROMG4
    2957 posts Member
    I don't understand this analogy. HvV is unbalanced, but it's a relatively level playing field. Everyone has a hero. I'm saying the GA players who try out HvV get destroyed. The same is not true of HvV players who want to amuse themselves with GA.

Are you really going with this? Are you really actually going with this?

Are you serious?
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Are you really going with this? Are you really actually going with this?

Are you serious?

Yes.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Turning Point was IMO the greatest mode of BF15.

I know the team has talked about it but if they’re going to try a trooper even it should be soon. What are they waiting on exactly?