criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Light saber's damage area

rmngrnk
63 posts Member
edited August 5
Light saber's length 1.5 meters but it hits on 3-4 meters from the goal !!! How is this possible ? It is necessary to somehow fix this because the area of attack of the light saber is much larger than its own length and the length of the arm of its owner.
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Replies

• TiNie
    280 posts Member
    rmngrnk said:
    LIGHT SABER'S LENGTH 1.5 METERS BUT IT HITS ON 3-4 METERS FROM THE GOAL !!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ? It is necessary to somehow fix this because the area of attack of the light saber is much larger than its own length and the length of the arm of its owner.
    Same here, there are hit somehow 3-4 meters away.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4574 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Post edited and caps lock removed. Caps Lock is not allowed on the forums. Don't use it please.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
  • again and again, day by day light sabers hits range in buttlefront 2017 more then 4-5 meters, wtf ?
  • TX_88
    22 posts Member
    If a hero with a light saber attacks you, you get telaported in-front of them so they can kill you! If you think about it that is basically a legalized hacker class all the light saber heroes!
  • rmngrnk
    63 posts Member
    edited August 12
    TX_88 wrote: »
    If a hero with a light saber attacks you, you get telaported in-front of them so they can kill you! If you think about it that is basically a legalized hacker class all the light saber heroes!

This is also very, very common !!!
  • TX_88 wrote: »

My lord, is this legal?
  • while dodging a strike, I just teleport to the enemy under his blow or being at a distance of about five meters (even in a jump) I still get hit by a light saber
  • Same, I'm jumping above all the others and get hit while I'm high in the air....
  • Werowe4 wrote: »
    Yeah, getting hit by a saber when you’re high up in the air is pretty ridiculous. In situations (HvV) when I’m cornered and getting ganged up on by Obi, Rey, and Luke and got hit with both mind tricks, jumping up to move out of the area seems like a reasonable move; getting hit by Luke’s saber slash anyway, while I’m high up in the air and he’s on the ground is just plain unfair - they ought to have to do a jump attack/force ability to hit me, not get free hits from several feet below with no effort...

such cases always ***** me off ... it's unfair. And one more thing that you can notice for yourself: you easily strike in the back of an enemy fleeing from you ... you seem to magnetize against him - this is nonsense, because in real life you will never have time to hit with a stick a person fleeing from you, you even you won’t have time to swing a stick.
  • rmngrnk wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    Yeah, getting hit by a saber when you’re high up in the air is pretty ridiculous. In situations (HvV) when I’m cornered and getting ganged up on by Obi, Rey, and Luke and got hit with both mind tricks, jumping up to move out of the area seems like a reasonable move; getting hit by Luke’s saber slash anyway, while I’m high up in the air and he’s on the ground is just plain unfair - they ought to have to do a jump attack/force ability to hit me, not get free hits from several feet below with no effort...

such cases always ***** me off ... it's unfair. And one more thing that you can notice for yourself: you easily strike in the back of an enemy fleeing from you ... you seem to magnetize against him - this is nonsense, because in real life you will never have time to hit with a stick a person fleeing from you, you even you won’t have time to swing a stick.

True; the “magnetization” messes up the camera angle for me too occasionally when I’m the one running away (sometimes it’ll randomly do a 360 turn when I’m hit).
  • pls fix it
  • TiNie
    280 posts Member
    It is funny, I thought I am the only one with this issues. EA I can confirm all of this ingame and midair behavior.

PS with lots of :)))))
    Maybe we should create a support group for SWBF2 marred gamers.
  • TiNie wrote: »
    It is funny, I thought I am the only one with this issues. EA I can confirm all of this ingame and midair behavior.

PS with lots of :)))))
    Maybe we should create a support group for SWBF2 marred gamers.

I agree, that would be nice
  • Yeah, the devs need to simulate moderate-to-high latency when they test the game. Latency is becoming the norm, so the parameters need to be adapted.
  • Werowe4 wrote: »
    rmngrnk wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »

True; the “magnetization” messes up the camera angle for me too occasionally when I’m the one running away (sometimes it’ll randomly do a 360 turn when I’m hit).

This happens to me a lot, now.