criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Darth Vader is THE second most overpowered hero in HvV

Prev13
Thechosen1_anakin
8085 posts Member
edited August 12
For some odd reason he has received throughout the 2 years the game has been out almost nothing but buffs. He received 1 nerf which addressed his choke but, other than that just buffs. Darth Vader is a hero who cannot be beaten by a single character outside of maybe Yoda(broken) when characters are of equal skill. He easily defeats the others heroes into submission especially blaster heroes like Finn & Leia. His high defensive stamina, high health & his combo makes him THE second broken hero in HvV which will be made even worse in 2 weeks. Here's how to nerf vaders in HvV without touching him against troopers

Force Choke
This move cannot be dodge, has 90% damage reduction, deals massive damage & to top it off has CC immunity. So he will always have a guaranteed 470 damage combo with punishing grip & 500 to 515 with rage. Where I'm I getting these numbers from when vaders choke throw combo only does 300 you say? Take a look

Performing the move like this grants him with & without rage 500 & 515 damage. That is pretty much the entire opponents health bar & leaves Finn & Leia at 1 shot & han & other at 2. Also performing it like this gives him 470 if you don't dash behind

That is just with punishing grip & focused rage. Without punishing grip & performed like the vid above he still does 400 that is guaranteed. I have seen post on here & on Reddit saying make it dodgeable which is the wrong way to solve the problem. Instead of making the move useless against sabers like passionate strike might i suggest instead of making it rollable/dodgeable nerf the damage on both moves. Force choke should do 100 damage against heroes & with punishing grip allows him to do 150. The moves CC immunity should also be removed. I should be able to be a good teammate & save my teammates from his damaging choke.

Saber throw
The move that puts the icing on the overpowered cake is this move right here. Vaders saber throw should do 90 damage against heroes. While not remotely op by itself the move coupled with choke does way to much damage & that's without the ever elusive return hit Vader can hardly ever get. Since the damage is low vaders saber throw should be exactly like mauls in the sense that the return hit is almost always guaranteed. Which would make his saber throw card which increases the damage by 40 more viable. This along with the changes to choke mentioned above would bring his damage down to 320 & 350 without rage & punishing grip. & with rage & punishing grip 385 & 415.

OP card combination

lnqgqm5c86m6.jpg

ethp576l5enx.jpg

These 2 cards allow vader to do an extra 72 damage which equals 262 damage off a single choke & when performed like above let's him do 542 & 587 damage exactly. With the suggested nerfs above vader would do 222 damage of choke which is the exact amount of damage anakin does with retribution & drop his combo damage with these cards by 100.
Post edited by Thechosen1_anakin on

Replies

• All of this just because Yoda is broken.

Lol don't worry he's in the series finale of this hero is broken in HvV plz nerf. Coming soon
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

I don't get it
  • Axone
    421 posts Member
    Remove CC immunity OR reduce dmg reduction during choke from 90% to 25% but allow to stack with Furious Resilience card.
    Other than that, Vader is a powerful hero in the right spot.

• Meant to say he does 262 damage at the end not 290

Lol don't worry he's in the series finale of this hero is broken in HvV plz nerf. Coming soon

Oh for him i'm afraid it is "in HvV and GA and CS"
  • Axone wrote: »
    Remove CC immunity OR reduce dmg reduction during choke from 90% to 25% but allow to stack with Furious Resilience card.

Nah. Choke combo is pretty op & unfair to blaster heroes.

Oh for him i'm afraid it is "in HvV and GA and CS"

Lmao I was gonna put all the modes in don't worry
  • bfloo
    15964 posts Member
    Of course he gets buff after buff, people cry they can only go on 50 ks's with him.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    edited August 12
    Imma be entirely honest Nomi

You deserved it for running the Swolo skin instead of the great and powahful Trench Coat Han

Shameful display it brings shame to us all
    Shame
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo
    15964 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

You deserved it for running the Swolo skin instead of the great and powahful Trench Coat Han

Shame

Swolo skins should be an automatic 90% health penalty

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4 wrote: »

Shame

It was hot on Kashyyk. Had to go with no sleeved jacket.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Yeah look at this crap. Well timed dodge did nothing. Skilless abilities prevail in this game. Any form of counter play goes out the window. In other words it rewards lame gameplay mechanics more than actual skill.

But no, lets give Vader 90% and CC immunity on top of that. What a great idea...

Counter play has been thrown out the window lately lol. Vader, boba & Yoda are 3 heroes with no viable counters.
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Shame

It was hot on Kashyyk. Had to go with no sleeved jacket.

tenor.gif?itemid=5306569

Lies, Excuses, Deception. Kashyyk isn't any hotter then Tatooine or Endor
    tenor.gif?itemid=12869057
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Pretty much agree with this whole post. Vader combo needs a nerf, 90% damage reduction is to high, and it is hot af on kashyyyk however its NEVER OK to use the Solo skin😂
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Axone wrote: »

Yeah look at this crap. Well timed dodge did nothing. Skilless abilities prevail in this game. Any form of counter play goes out the window. In other words it rewards lame gameplay mechanics more than actual skill.

But no, lets give Vader 90% and CC immunity on top of that. What a great idea...

Counter play has been thrown out the window lately lol. Vader, boba & Yoda are 3 heroes with no viable counters.

I still don’t know why you think yoda is broken.

This dude can do everything with no weaknesses to exploit.

sounds like someone with a jetpack hmmm.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • bfloo
    15964 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Dash strike going through blocks, one of the best defensive heroes in the game, smallest hit box in the game, easily sends blasters into the spawn screen, can have 960 health which is more tanky than anakin & vader, a better duelist than dooku, can release himself from all CC abilities, & 1 second regen coupled with his dash allows players to play him in the most toxic way possible when in a 1v1 saber engagement. Block, dash, block, dash, block, dash, block. If a yoda player doesn't want you to kill him you want be able to. This dude can do everything with no weaknesses to exploit.

Yoda has had great surviveability since day 1, especially in GA.

h846398gb27k.png

• unit900000 wrote: »

Yes yoda vs boba is a stalemate of epic proportions lol. I can't kill you you can't kill me.
  • bfloo
    15964 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »

Yes yoda vs boba is a stalemate of epic proportions lol. I can't kill you you can't kill me.

It was always the same with Yoda vs Palps as well.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Dash strike going through blocks, one of the best defensive heroes in the game, smallest hit box in the game, easily sends blasters into the spawn screen, can have 960 health which is more tanky than anakin & vader, a better duelist than dooku, can release himself from all CC abilities, & 1 second regen coupled with his dash allows players to play him in the most toxic way possible when in a 1v1 saber engagement. Block, dash, block, dash, block, dash, block. If a yoda player doesn't want you to kill him you want be able to. This dude can do everything with no weaknesses to exploit.

Yeah that's true even when they gave him a health card Idk why someone would use it.
  • bfloo
    15964 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Yeah that's true even when they gave him a health card Idk why someone would use it.

He never needed the saber block.

Only good change was the higher jump.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

He never needed the saber block.

Only good change was the higher jump.

I like that & the increased run speed. Everything else is just unnecessary to me.
  • PlayersPurity
    630 posts Member
    edited August 12
    Oh just wait when Kylo gets his new star card and combinate it with Resilience and Bloodlust you'll get another thing to complain being too OP. Probably the same thing will happen with Dooku's upcoming card if you equip Masterful Duelist and Dominance with it. Can't wait! :smiley:
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

I will not stop complaining until DICE update Leia's Hoth skin's sideburns and add some for Rey!!

• Oh just wait when Kylo gets his new star card and combinate it with Resilience and Bloodlust you'll get another thing to complain being too OP. Probably the same thing will happen with Dooku's upcoming card if you equip Masterful Duelist and Dominance with it. Can't wait! :smiley:

You know what nvm I'll just keep using Vader to send Leia's into the spawn screen with little effort. Not worried about kylo & dooku is trash
  • Oh just wait when Kylo gets his new star card and combinate it with Resilience and Bloodlust you'll get another thing to complain being too OP. Probably the same thing will happen with Dooku's upcoming card if you equip Masterful Duelist and Dominance with it. Can't wait! :smiley:

You know what nvm I'll just keep using Vader to send Leia's into the spawn screen with little effort. Not worried about kylo & dooku is trash

He wouldnt kill his own daughter
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

He wouldnt kill his own daughter

He doesn't know lol
  • Here’s a nifty idea, instead of calling for nerfs, why don’t we buff heroes so that they’re a proper counter to another hero.
  • Here’s a nifty idea, instead of calling for nerfs, why don’t we buff heroes so that they’re a proper counter to another hero.

Uhm tell anakin that

I mean i kinda agree but you would have to get relatively close in order to preform said combo and within that time they could do massive damage or maybe even kill you so i mean it sounds pretty fair
  • Correlia Escape is best Han skin, change my mind
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Partially agree, but honestly if someone deserves to be OP against blaster heroes that's Vader.
  • LucKazama wrote: »

I mean i kinda agree but you would have to get relatively close in order to preform said combo and within that time they could do massive damage or maybe even kill you so i mean it sounds pretty fair
    Except all HvV maps are extremely close quarters environments so it makes it ridiculously easy to approach as Vader. And Vader neither has a slow movement speed or small range with his choke. He moves much faster than all Blaster Heroes and his choke has a bigger radius than Dooku’s lightning stun. I’m sure Vader could easily approach and kill off a player using aimbot and some decent damage hacks from a good 20 meters away. Totes bawamced rite gyes
    PSN: this_old_mouse

Uhm tell anakin that

Anakin was waaaay over nerfed and at this point needs a few buffs to passionate strike and heroic might unlike some heroes who undoubtedly need huge buffs like Obi-Wan. Nerfing heroes to be balanced with the obvious weaker ones is a bad call. I agree some things do need to be nerfed like your claims for Yoda. You’re 100% right. However I think buffing the heroes that need it the most will drastically change how we perceive some of the better heroes. Take Kylo. He was a below tier hero who was easily beaten by a good Rey and everyone claimed Rey was too powerful. A few buffs here and there to Kylo, without touching Rey, her standing dropped because Kylo simply just got better. Buffing characters like Anakin and Obi-Wan will help counter Vader. Obi-Wan has a stupid op mind trick, do you know how good he’d be against Vader if they buffed him the right way? And Anakin is simply the only person able to go toe to toe with him damage and health wise. I’m just suggesting buffing other attributes of heroes rather than going straight to nerf.
  • Who's #1 OP in your opinion then? Boba "flying rat" Fett?

Boba. Will be even more op in 2 weeks but then again so will vader might be a 1a 1b type of thing.
  • I have a feeling HvV is going to be unplayable for light side once this new update drops.

Guess it's back to GA for me.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

Boba. Will be even more op in 2 weeks but then again so will vader might be a 1a 1b type of thing.

Boba yes, Vader not likely. There’s better cards to run than one that gives back stamina per kill unless it’s like 50%. I think the Luke, Leia, and Finn cards are going to be the more dominate ones

Boba yes, Vader not likely. There’s better cards to run than one that gives back stamina per kill unless it’s like 50%. I think the Luke, Leia, and Finn cards are going to be the more dominate ones

I'm not talking about that stamina card though. Bonus health, punishing grip, furious resilience. Punishing grip, last gasp, & furious resilience are the set ups I'm going to use.
    I have a feeling HvV is going to be unplayable for light side once this new update drops.

Then you gotta deal with Leia, Finn, Anakin & Yoda lol.

Freaking hate Boba.
    Any planned buffs for Leia? Should I give up on that on too?

I'm not talking about that stamina card though. Bonus health, punishing grip, furious resilience. Punishing grip, last gasp, & furious resilience are the set ups I'm going to use.

Bonus health, furious resilience, and punishing grip is beastly. Especially once he has passive HoK
    I have a feeling HvV is going to be unplayable for light side once this new update drops.

Then you gotta deal with Leia, Finn, Anakin & Yoda lol.

Then I guess I should just not play this game lmao oh well we will see how things turn out once this update drops though Palps looking like he is going to be pretty strong in GA I hope he can spam his chain lightning like crazy.

Freaking hate Boba.

I hope so. They said they got stuff planned so who knows

Freaking hate Boba.

I hope so. They said they got stuff planned so who knows

Forgot they said they was gonna buff Leia might have some hope for HvV after all (if they give her old officers flash)
  • LucKazama wrote: »

Except all HvV maps are extremely close quarters environments so it makes it ridiculously easy to approach as Vader. And Vader neither has a slow movement speed or small range with his choke. He moves much faster than all Blaster Heroes and his choke has a bigger radius than Dooku’s lightning stun. I’m sure Vader could easily approach and kill off a player using aimbot and some decent damage hacks from a good 20 meters away. Totes bawamced rite gyes

Well yea true but there is typically a han,lando or chewy on field or even worse 2 of the 3 so thats alot of damage that can be done to vader with them stuns and my personal most hated weapon the MIGHTY BOWCASTER.Don't get mean wrong typically when vader is on top of a blaster hero its over but at the same time han,lando and chewy have the means to possibly survive and or kill.Im not against a nerf a or buff i just personally feel hes pretty solid where he's at
  • Tbh the only change I’d make is reducing the damage reduction during choke. I liked it as a risky move.