criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Star Fighter Assault

When will new maps and updates happen for star fighter assault? Skins, star cards, more ships, and maps would be much appreciated.

Replies

• When will new maps and updates happen for star fighter assault? Skins, star cards, more ships, and maps would be much appreciated.

according to Ben and the last community surveys, there is "nearly no request for SFA content" ... which is just sad and most likely because all former SFA players have moved on to other modes and games since there was not a single bit of content added for "years"
  • 902wizb4zthv.jpg

That's my highest rated star fighter. It's still a very fun game mode, hopefully they change thier minds about it and develop some type of content to accompany this increase to level 1000 on every character.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Probably won't be seeing any new content, the studio who made it is gone and DICE doesn't care about SFA players.

I hope you're wrong.
  • I never find SA matches. I have played like 5-10 and no more. Is it a popular game mode?
  • @SQJACKIE it really is a fun mode, I tend to get full lobbies 75% of the time.
  • @SQJACKIE it really is a fun mode, I tend to get full lobbies 75% of the time.

I try everyday, but no results. I loved it in 2015 and loved the few matches I played in the current game. Must be a region problem
  • I’m not sure how this may work for everyone, but some people suggest switching your ping site to the US servers, most notably Virginia.

You can do this in one in the main/starting menu section in the game. I think it’s in the far right section under EA Account or something. I’m not really sure.
  • We need more pilots to raise concern for more content, let them know to not let this game mode die.
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    @SQJACKIE it really is a fun mode, I tend to get full lobbies 75% of the time.

I try everyday, but no results. I loved it in 2015 and loved the few matches I played in the current game. Must be a region problem

Yup, as @killerzf7 mentioned, change your ping site. I'm US West Coast so my default is Oregon which is usually pretty good for SA. If I can't find a match though, I'll go to Virginia. As a last resort, I'll try Germany. Definitely depends on the time of day.
  • We need more pilots to raise concern for more content, let them know to not let this game mode die.

I tried that, it only ended up hurting me. :(

i07i2p712r6u.png
  • SQJACKIE
    1089 posts Member
    I will try. I hope ping isn't a problem
  • SQJACKIE
    1089 posts Member
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    I will try. I hope ping isn't a problem

It is. Thanks DICE. Another game that I can barely play
  • #M.S.A.M.P. for 2020.
  • I've actually never even played one match of any starfighter mode and I've had the game since the beta, so in other words just remove the starfighter modes all together.

Kidding about the last part, you should of seen your faces!
  • While I would love new maps and vehicles (I was really puzzled that they didn't add/do models for Obi-Wan and Anakin in their Jedi starfighters, considering that they've appeared in 2/1 films respectively, and were main characters as opposed to the random Tallie Lintra nobody from TLJ), I would just be happy with some quality of life fixes:
    • Adjust the XP gain rate for hero starfighters so you CAN actually level them up at a decent rate, instead of having to put yourself through the torture of Hero Starfihters
    • Consider removing (or reducing) the spawn timer and/or that 'you died!' music, considering how quickly and often you die in SA
    • Or even little things, like replacing the 'Lando and L3 in the Falcon died' music with the 'Lando died' music, instead of the same triumphant 'Lando has spawned' music.

Just little QoL stuff that would involve minimal programming and no resources having to be diverted from other projects (other than possibly a few hours of programming, tops).