criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

The momentum in CS is gone.

Hello community,
I am absolutely aware that this post may earn some critique, but in my opinion, with the 100 ticket limit in the ground phase and the 100+ tickets in the ship phase, there's no real momentum in CS anymore. The appeal of CS was the fast paced changes in luck. The gameplay was diversified, because in one phase you were attacking, 5 minutes later you had to hold your ground, then you were on the offensive again, while in the next phase you were desperately defending again.
Now, the ground phase sometimes takes so long that once you have reached the finish line you are already "Star Wars fatigued" :-) .With 100+ tickets in the ship phase you almost never go back down to the ground, maybe 1 in 10 matches.

@F8RGE
In your initial reaction to the Naboo crash bug you mentioned that the changes to CS would be temporary. Please, stay true to your word.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/140467/where-are-those-droidekas-deployment-latest-info
F8RGE wrote: »
Only temp.

Replies

• F8RGE wrote: »
    While we made the changes with temporary in mind, it quickly became apparent that the 100 limit on the ground phase was working rather well. As a result we do not have plans to change this at this time. We will continue to tweak and improve things and sometimes these happy little accidents will occur.

With the patch this week we increased the timer to 75 on board the Capital Ships and we'll be monitoring this to see how it goes.

We are also planning more changes to the Capital Ships, which you'll find out about next week.

Yes, I know. You have received lots of positive feedback after the raise to 100 tickets in the ground phase. I guess this came from those who expected a real conquest mode in the first place. I also read a lot of critique concerning the amount of tickets in the ship.
    In the end you must admit that the course of the average matches has become much less diverse.
  • Compo
    146 posts Member
    I like the 100 ticket ground phase, but the 100+ ticket on the ships is too much.

I love both stages, just prefered the ship stage with 50+ ticket...as it lead to a more "tug-of-war" aspect, rather than a "run-of-the-mill" feeling.

The new timer on the bombs is good. Thanks :)
  • Lyc4n
    1164 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    While we made the changes with temporary in mind, it quickly became apparent that the 100 limit on the ground phase was working rather well. As a result we do not have plans to change this at this time. We will continue to tweak and improve things and sometimes these happy little accidents will occur.

With the patch this week we increased the timer to 75 on board the Capital Ships and we'll be monitoring this to see how it goes.

We are also planning more changes to the Capital Ships, which you'll find out about next week.

I think 100 tickets is fine. However after a few rounds it can become very very long. Is there any chance that each time u revisit the ground phase in the same game the tickets reduce to speed up the game? So the first one is 100 then if the ship gets defended it goes down to 75, then if the ship gets defended again it goes down to 50 and then any rounds past that it stays at 25?

I know most games dont last this long but the ones that do have me giving up and accepting the loss just so that we can change mal because the ground phase can take so long by the third round and especially the 4th round.
  • Zyder
    407 posts Member
    100 tickets it's too much. 75 would be fine.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Honestly that's a major reason why I don't play CS

It takes so bloody freaking long to finish even a single phase that by the time we do it's probably been 15-25 minutes if the sides are balanced

It seriously needs to be reduced. It makes having to go back and forth between ship and ground phase unbearable

Had 3 ground phases on Kashyyyk yesterday... That match just lasted forever.
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    vVrathh wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Honestly that's a major reason why I don't play CS

It takes so bloody freaking long to finish even a single phase that by the time we do it's probably been 15-25 minutes if the sides are balanced

It seriously needs to be reduced. It makes having to go back and forth between ship and ground phase unbearable

Had 3 ground phases on Kashyyyk yesterday... That match just lasted forever.

Even CTF on 2-fort in Team Fortress 2 ends quicker then most CS matches

I just don't have the time or patience to devote to CS. When your just stuck roaming the same map for over an hour it gets boring as heck. Especially since it becomes an attrition game at that point, where the loss isn't decided by skill but by which team has less players quit and which team doesn't make a mistake because they are super bored
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • PGombi
    35 posts Member
    edited August 14
    It's so funny. When CS came out almost everybody complained that the matches would take to long. Most did not have the time to spend 1h+ for a single match. As a result the devs changed the bording bonus.
    Then the Naboo crash came out and as a temporary fix they raised the ticket limit to 100 and changed the bonus back to 3. A whole lot of praise came in for the changes, and the devs make them (partially) permanent. Now the matches may last even longer than in the first place.

It seems that the devs decision making operates under a "first come, first serve" premise.
    Post edited by PGombi on
  • 100 ticket in ground phase is too much. Wasn’t it 50 before and a lot people thought the matches were too long? At the time they said they were aware some matches were taking too long and would monitor it and change things if needed. Instead they went in the opposite direction.

I’ve played many 2+ hour matches since the tix increase and it’s not fun running around to the same command posts for that long especially when Yoda or Bossk is defending in phase 2 and you have to repeat the ground phase multiple times.
  • bfloo
    15738 posts Member
    100 ticket in ground phase is too much. Wasn’t it 50 before and a lot people thought the matches were too long? At the time they said they were aware some matches were taking too long and would monitor it and change things if needed. Instead they went in the opposite direction.

I’ve played many 2+ hour matches since the tix increase and it’s not fun running around to the same command posts for that long especially when Yoda or Bossk is defending in phase 2 and you have to repeat the ground phase multiple times.

I like the 100 ticket ground phase, the 1st time through.

The back and forth to the ship 3 or 4 times kills it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• matchs are too long and gave us not a lot of credits for 1 hour +
  • PGombi wrote: »
    It's so funny. When CS came out almost everybody complained that the matches would take to long. Most did not have the time to spend 1h+ for a single match. As a result the devs changed the bording bonus.
    Then the Naboo crash came out and as a temporary fix they raised the ticket limit to 100 and changed the bonus back to 3. A whole lot of praise came in for the changes, and the devs make them (partially) permanent. Now the matches may last even longer than in the first place.

It seems that the devs decision making operates under a "first come, first serve" premise.

I think people like the longer ground phase with 100 tickets in general (as the ground phase felt pretty short when the mode first relased) but they don't like whole matches lasting forever. It's basically "phase time" vs "match time". Long phases yes, but long matches no. If you get what I mean. A game can last for a very long time if it's an endless back and forth between ship and ground phase with no end in sight.

I really like the idea of "Lyc4n". The first groundphase should be 100 tickets. If the attacker can't destroy the ship in the ship phase, tickets in the second ground phase should be reduced (and again if there will be more ground phases)
    This would still allow for intense back & forth battles, but should prevent battles from taking like forever.
  • The change to the bomb timer is a problem as it returns the game to the ground too often.
  • The change to the bomb timer is a problem as it returns the game to the ground too often.

But that was exactly the appeal of CS:
    The enemy team won the first ground phase, and you defended your ship.
    They won the second ground phase, and you defended your ship.
    They even may have won the third ground phase, and you defended your ship by a whisker.
    And then, with a bit of luck, it was your turn to attack, and you won the match.
    That were matches that gave me a sense of "pride and accomplishment" !!!!
  • Lyc4n
    1164 posts Member
    PGombi wrote: »
    The change to the bomb timer is a problem as it returns the game to the ground too often.

They even may have won the third ground phase, and you defended your ship by a whisker.
    And then, with a bit of luck, it was your turn to attack, and you won the match.

100% really enjoy the back and forth of the mode with so many comebacks available
  • holstar1993
    1284 posts Member
    edited August 14
    The change to the bomb timer is a problem as it returns the game to the ground too often.

Too long. There had been an adjustment by the players and even with the short timer, games were returning to the ground. If the timer stays at what it is currently then you have to reduce tickets on the ground phase.

It shouldn't take all day to get through a 4 map rotation.
  • Get rid of the AI and increase the player count. They’re such a buzzkill.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Alex64
    7673 posts Member
    The mode should be only conquest and expanded into another eras, Ship phase is boring.
    Why so serious?
  • PGombi wrote: »

Too long. There had been an adjustment by the players and even with the short timer, games were returning to the ground. If the timer stays at what it is currently then you have to reduce tickets on the ground phase.

After 4 rounds (2 ground, 2 space) I'm usually begging for the match to end.

To paraphrase John Frusciante, in the RHCP documentary Funky Monks "It's like... sabering somebody may be the most beautiful experience in the world, but I personally wouldn't want to saber the most beautiful girl in the world for like.....you can only saber her for so long.... Like what might be a beautiful sabering experience in an hour....... you may not want it to go on for seven hours, or it wouldn't be as beautiful."

Pretty much sums up my feeling about CS.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • OcDoc
    1873 posts Member
    I really liked a previous suggestion where the ticket count would be lower each time the battle is returned to the ground phase. That would allow the first phase to feel pretty epic but keep the game from dragging on if the teams are fairly evenly matched.

I also think the spawn points on the ship phase could use a revisit now that Droidekas are in the mix.
  • I think the same. But before the change matches were too short. Finding a balance will be really hard
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • bfloo
    15738 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »

To paraphrase John Frusciante, in the RHCP documentary Funky Monks "It's like... sabering somebody may be the most beautiful experience in the world, but I personally wouldn't want to saber the most beautiful girl in the world for like.....you can only saber her for so long.... Like what might be a beautiful sabering experience in an hour....... you may not want it to go on for seven hours, or it wouldn't be as beautiful."

I agree about wanting the match to end, so I usually end up quitting.

If I wanted to play the same maps over and over I have Ewok Hunt or Extraction.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Last night I saw one of the most incredible CS matches yet, the other team only had the B objective on the ship to get. Yet TWICE we defended all 100 tickets to not let them get it! That would be like the Patriots getting beat buy the Bills. I have no idea if our team finally won as I had to go the last time they went up for a third time. But I have never seen that before.

I like the 100 tickets on the ground, but perhaps 100 on the ship is a bit much. But, if they alter the length of CS considerably it will change it, and IMHO, the length of CS games is one of the mode's strengths. But in the spirit of tweaking the game they could do what some forum user suggested awhile back that for every consecutive visit up to the ship both the ground and the ship tickets drop from 100 to 75 to 50 to 25 to none and at none the computer selects the winner based on the overall better average.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    I really liked a previous suggestion where the ticket count would be lower each time the battle is returned to the ground phase. That would allow the first phase to feel pretty epic but keep the game from dragging on if the teams are fairly evenly matched.

I also think the spawn points on the ship phase could use a revisit now that Droidekas are in the mix.

Not a bad idea on the returning to the ground. It would help.
  • holstar1993
    1284 posts Member
    edited August 16
    bfloo wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »

I agree about wanting the match to end, so I usually end up quitting.

If I wanted to play the same maps over and over I have Ewok Hunt or Extraction.

The length of the match actually prevents you from playing the same map over and over, unless you have all day.

More extraction maps please.