criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

And you ruined CS

Why did they change tickets to 100? Where is the CT about this? I’m disappointed about the lack of communication on this. It greatly changes CS. The ground phase now feels very tedious. Constantly running from spot to spot for too long is tiresome.

Why even have the ship phase? The attackers are averaging about 125 tickets on games I’ve played and it becomes a bloodbath. The defenders have no chance now.

Replies

• TheScape
    2260 posts Member
    edited June 27
    It is temporary to fix the crashing issues. I think Ben forgot to create the same thread he opened in reddit here (or at least I haven't found a forum link for the info). Check the deployment thread for the changes.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I see it now thanks. He updated yesterday’s CT about the Naboo bug and included those notes. I’m ok with it if it’s just temporary.
  • N
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    Why did they change tickets to 100? Where is the CT about this? I’m disappointed about the lack of communication on this. It greatly changes CS. The ground phase now feels very tedious. Constantly running from spot to spot for too long is tiresome.

Why even have the ship phase? The attackers are averaging about 125 tickets on games I’ve played and it becomes a bloodbath. The defenders have no chance now.

These changes are reflected within the deployment thread for the Where are those Droidekas? Update. This is only a temporary measure while we work towards a fix for the crashing situation on Capital Supremacy. Naturally, we are taking in as much feedback as we can around this issue and also the changes to Capital Supremacy too.

Not sure how “temporary” in June became the standard in Aug. Playing with 100 tickets for 2 months was a bit too much. Some games take 2+ hours and there isn’t enough variety in the mode to justify that kind of match length. I hope they reconsider.
  • N

These changes are reflected within the deployment thread for the Where are those Droidekas? Update. This is only a temporary measure while we work towards a fix for the crashing situation on Capital Supremacy. Naturally, we are taking in as much feedback as we can around this issue and also the changes to Capital Supremacy too.

Not sure how “temporary” in June became the standard in Aug. Playing with 100 tickets for 2 months was a bit too much. Some games take 2+ hours and there isn’t enough variety in the mode to justify that kind of match length. I hope they reconsider.

F8rge said that the change is now permanent btw
  • N

F8rge said that the change is now permanent btw

Yeah I’m questioning the logic of that decision. At 50 tickets, there were people that thought the game mode was too long. We were told 100 was a temporary fix.
  • T0TALfps wrote: »

You sure?
    F8RGE wrote: »
    While we made the changes with temporary in mind, it quickly became apparent that the 100 limit on the ground phase was working rather well. As a result we do not have plans to change this at this time. We will continue to tweak and improve things and sometimes these happy little accidents will occur.

With the patch this week we increased the timer to 75 on board the Capital Ships and we'll be monitoring this to see how it goes.

We are also planning more changes to the Capital Ships, which you'll find out about next week.