criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Dice you literally JUST updated the game for this....

Prev1

I would be so embarrassed to tell my family and friends that I was a game coder for Battlefront 2 *facepalm*

Replies

• Same here lol. Yikes
  • They 'fixed' it though! Bugfront continues. That's why I play this game sparingly when I used to do so regularly.
  • Hey!!! It was only like almost a gig!!!!
  • ah the mystery of the chicken foot ...

i was an AT-ST on Crait the other day when the AT-M6 foot moved and my AT-ST exploded.
  • ah the mystery of the chicken foot ...

i was an AT-ST on Crait the other day when the AT-M6 foot moved and my AT-ST exploded.

The AT-M6's crush everything in their path, especially friendly AT-STs.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    I would be so embarrassed to tell my family and friends that I was a game coder for Battlefront 2 *facepalm*

It looks like you were nailed by an anti-vehicle missile while being <500 health as Finn. I'm not sure how that is a bug.

Homed* not nailed. The ANTI VEHICLE missile tracked me.
  • Seems that Anakin's block is now more likely to fail after the update too!
  • Disboy
    184 posts Member
    Disboy wrote: »

Out of curiosity what is your job since you’re trashing the devs?

@Disboy Government contractor for the United States Marine Corps. Can’t get into the specifics tho

Without getting into specifics what emphasis? “Government contractor” is very broad.
  • OcDoc
    1991 posts Member
    That was an AT-RT that got taken out right next to you, right?

Maybe it was the combo of the rocket, a few shots and some damage from the AT-RT going down. If you were at full health I wouldn’t even suggest the possibility but you were at around 400.
  • OcDoc wrote: »

Maybe it was the combo of the rocket, a few shots and some damage from the AT-RT going down. If you were at full health I wouldn’t even suggest the possibility but you were at around 400.

@OcDoc that’s a good thought and that hadn’t crossed my mind. Given the fact that the missile is what the game said killed me I don’t think that’s it but that opens my eyes to a new perspective.

@Disboy I’m a contractor I work under the White House Military Office for the USMC that’s all I will be sharing
  • Shot by an AT-ST’s rocket. No evidence that it homed provided. It was a clear, open firing angle. Good shot is all. Finn was already damaged.
  • Shot by an AT-ST’s rocket. No evidence that it homed provided. It was a clear, open firing angle. Good shot is all. Finn was already damaged.

Other than the peripherals that say “enemy locking “
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    Shot by an AT-ST’s rocket. No evidence that it homed provided. It was a clear, open firing angle. Good shot is all. Finn was already damaged.

Other than the peripherals that say “enemy locking “

Possibly, and if so it’s a bug, no doubt. I’ve never had an AT-ST rocket home on anything other than a vehicle though.

It was more likely a random turret. That’s a great area for turrets.
  • Disboy
    184 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »

Out of curiosity what is your job since you’re trashing the devs?

You don't need to be a chef to say the food tastes like crap. Disingenuous "walk a mile in their shoes" argument is invalid.

?
  • Disboy
    184 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

@OcDoc that’s a good thought and that hadn’t crossed my mind. Given the fact that the missile is what the game said killed me I don’t think that’s it but that opens my eyes to a new perspective.

@Disboy I’m a contractor I work under the White House Military Office for the USMC that’s all I will be sharing

Okay. Whichever job it is I’m sure it’s not as difficult as coding a video game, unless they contract you for a Software Engineer role (that field is intense). I understand you’re mad but the update was less than a Gigabyte, so what did you expect? Also referring to their 2 year work as “bad” without any knowledge of the field is like me saying you’re “bad” at your job when I know nothing about it. Facts>Opinions and until you present the facts (coding analysis) not just “they haven’t fixed bugs in 2 years” you don’t really have much to complain about.
  • Disboy wrote: »

Okay. Whichever job it is I’m sure it’s not as difficult as coding a video game, unless they contract you for a Software Engineer role (that field is intense). I understand you’re mad but the update was less than a Gigabyte, so what did you expect? Also referring to their 2 year work as “bad” without any knowledge of the field is like me saying you’re “bad” at your job when I know nothing about it. Facts>Opinions and until you present the facts (coding analysis) not just “they haven’t fixed bugs in 2 years” you don’t really have much to complain about.

Yes, this was what I was anticipating you would say, and yes it is invalid. Again, you do not have to be a chef to be qualified to say the food tastes like crap.

White knight indeed.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Disboy
    184 posts Member

Yes, this was what I was anticipating you would say, and yes it is invalid. Again, you do not have to be a chef to be qualified to say the food tastes like crap.

White knight indeed.

Then what is valid? I’m saying opinions are nothing more than cheap talk.

how hard coding is for THEM is irrelevant. There have been thousands of video games with arguably less bugs than this one throughout the history of games.

and regardless of size of update...I esxpect them to fix what they said they would ie the anti vehicle missile killing heroes in one shot
  • Tbf, you do gotta watch out for the AT-AT's feet/legs. They will kick you and you can die immediately.
  • UhOhItsJus
    546 posts Member
    edited August 15
    Hesha wrote: »

I’d be embarrassed to tell anyone I play finn

*Morpheus voice* what if I told you, finn is the best Character right now because of a glitch that lets you keep big deal active forever...constant health buff for allies, constant recharge command, constant no gun overheating, constant damage reduction..... @Hesha
    Post edited by UhOhItsJus on
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »

how hard coding is for THEM is irrelevant. There have been thousands of video games with arguably less bugs than this one throughout the history of games.

and regardless of size of update...I esxpect them to fix what they said they would ie the anti vehicle missile killing heroes in one shot

It is relevant though. Those thousands of games arguably had more developers as well. As far as you know they will fix the anti vehicle issue in the next update. Don’t hate unless you can relate.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2770 posts Member
    edited August 14
    While we’re talking about bugs what about the heavy’s ion torpedo locking on to the large walkers on Hoth or Crait during the 2nd phase when your aiming directly at the smaller AT-STs. As far as Finn goes it looked like you were just stepped on which is normal, they wreck any and everything in their way.
  • While we’re talking about bugs what about the heavy’s ion torpedo locking on to the large walkers on Hoth or Crait during the 2nd phase when your aiming directly at the smaller AT-STs. As far as Finn goes it looked like you were just stepped on which is normal, they wreck any and everything in their way.

no not stepped on. this was endor. that atat was my atat. the game also told me it was the rocket that killed me
  • And what can we say about their fix of Pull and Obi Wan All Out Push. Surely it was a success, to the point that we have the 80% damage reduction glitch back to its prime with CC immunity on top of it.
  • bfloo
    15957 posts Member

*Morpheus voice* what if I told you, finn is the best player for GA right now because of a glitch that lets you keep big deal active forever...constant health buff for allies, constant recharge command, constant no gun overheating, constant damage reduction..... @Hesha

I'd call any one who used him an exploiter if this were true.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

*Morpheus voice* what if I told you, finn is the best player for GA right now because of a glitch that lets you keep big deal active forever...constant health buff for allies, constant recharge command, constant no gun overheating, constant damage reduction..... @Hesha

I'd call any one who used him an exploiter if this were true.

I’ll check to see if I have video evidence that doesn’t give away how to activate it...its pretty sweet to see, my buddy was a wookie and took on a Vader 1v1 and came out on top
  • makes your team unbeatable in GA AND HvV
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    More Heroes, More Weapons, MORE BUGS!
    source.gif

HAHAHAHA!

Great meme post!
  • I had experienced this problem just this morning.
    Here's the video:
  • OcDoc
    1991 posts Member
    I had experienced this problem just this morning.
    Here's the video:

That was pretty definitive. It was a little hard to tell from the OP video but there is no explanation for that other than the issue is not fixed.

• bfloo
    15957 posts Member
    Here's the video:

You got hit by 3 different things. Watch the way the health meter goes down. It wasn't a ohk.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• OcDoc
    1991 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Here's the video:

You got hit by 3 different things. Watch the way the health meter goes down. It wasn't a ohk.

I looked again. It is possible there was a hit by the sentry, rocket and maybe AT-M6. Possibly a regular shot from the AT-ST was also in the mix.

It is really hard to tell, but all those types of shots were in the area.

White knight indeed.

Really? Sounds to me like you're saying you have to be a game developer to criticize game developers, which is not how the world works. You know that saying "perception is reality"? Well the general perception is that this game has more unfixed/recurring bugs than any other AAA title in history.

People who pay money for the game earn the right to be critical, even if you think it's just "cheap talk".
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando wrote: »

White knight indeed.

Really? Sounds to me like you're saying you have to be a game developer to criticize game developers, which is not how the world works. You know that saying "perception is reality"? Well the general perception is that this game has more unfixed/recurring bugs than any other AAA title in history.

People who pay money for the game earn the right to be critical, even if you think it's just "cheap talk".

You can be critical all you want, however the validity of your critique is very meaningless, unless you have something to back it up. Hence why opinions are just “cheap talk” unless you are also an expert in the field.
    Coming back to my first comment: I only called out the OP bc he called out the devs and I wanted to see if he had the qualifications to actually condemn them. For some reason people think just because you have a voice it’s reason is justified...
  • That looked like the AT-AT foot damaged you and the missile finished you to me.
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    They lied to us!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Forgive me but the way heroes are now in the game I can't feel any sympathy. Kill'em all... Now I know I can use AT-ST for the hunt. Good to know!

White knight indeed.

You can be critical all you want, however the validity of your critique is very meaningless, unless you have something to back it up. Hence why opinions are just “cheap talk” unless you are also an expert in the field.
    Coming back to my first comment: I only called out the OP bc he called out the devs and I wanted to see if he had the qualifications to actually condemn them. For some reason people think just because you have a voice it’s reason is justified...

Everything you just said is wrong.
    ZI7BNkU.gif