criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Is the cheating problem on PC ever going to be fixed?

There seems to be an influx of hackers in galactic assault on PC. Is this going to be addressed at some point? I keep seeing the same people doing it to, so it doesn't seem like they are getting banned for it.

Replies

• Psy3d
    865 posts Member
    edited August 12
    I don't think they can as BFV has similar easy aimbotters who's been there for months and still happily killing without ban. Out of boredom I reinstalled the game on my new sshd to check loading speed...first game in GA in ds2 map my whole team gets nuked. Then the same hacker chooses Palp and OHK's his own team...so now there's team killing!?! So yeah best thing to do is not play pc version at all.

EDIT: there's a brand new hack where there's custom skins/mods are even online...like Bossk a Jedi now....LMAO :D
  • It seems they are incapable or just can't be bothered to do anything regarding the cheating. Same cheaters that has been reported are still playing the game for months now. It's really killing the game. Why don't they go after the hack developers and stop it at the source? Too costly I guess. EA/DICE needs to be more open regarding the matter. They don't need to tell us exactly what they are doing but they could at least communicate regarding the problems. These posts gets closed down really quickly and they don't allow discussion.

Naming and shaming also not allowed even if it is really obvious the person is cheating. In my opinion they should be named and shamed when it's really obvious.
  • Liz4rD
    1108 posts Member
    Ok, Maybe 10 or so.

;)
  • It's on console now as well
  • TheUltimateHope
    1232 posts Member
    edited August 12
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    I got mor than 2500 hours played on SWBF2 on PC from Dec 2017 until now, I play almost EVERY DAY and Ive seen NO CHEATERS whatsoever to call it A PROBLEM.

Maybe 6 or 7 verifiable cheaters in all this time.

Definitely not a problem.

You can't feel the force, there are cheaters everywhere, some like what posted up there are just more obvious than others. Or do you think he's legit too.
    Worst case scenario i can show you channels with plenty of cheat report.
    Post edited by EA_Tom on
  • Starwarsor66
    1991 posts Member
    edited August 12
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    While I understand that encountering a cheater is not a good experience, the best thing you can do is report them immediately as detailed, here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

To answer your comment about what we're doing about cheaters - we have a dedicated anti-cheat team, but I can't comment on the how or what they do to ensure we're not disclosing information that might be helpful to cheaters.

Sounds like Dice have employed delta force to sort out the problem. So nothing to worry about anymore OP.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    While I understand that encountering a cheater is not a good experience, the best thing you can do is report them immediately as detailed, here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

To answer your comment about what we're doing about cheaters - we have a dedicated anti-cheat team, but I can't comment on the how or what they do to ensure we're not disclosing information that might be helpful to cheaters.

Sounds like Dice have employed delta force to sort out the problem. So nothing to worry about anymore OP.

Actually it might about 10 years. Them and their mates had a bit of trouble a couple guys in some caves a few years back if I can remember right.
  • SrawDawg
    946 posts Member
    edited August 12
    Oddly I have been desensitized to it since Battlefield 3. Almost like a price to play the EA / Dice multiplayer games. But its probably a wonder that multiplayer games work at all. A 60 millisecond ping is considered pretty good in multiplayer games. But you open Fruity Loops and try to play a digital instrument with a 60 millisecond ping and tell me how it "feels".
  • You know something's wrong when devs ask this
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • There are so many cheaters in DICE’s games that they will never be banned. Battlefront 2015 had it from the start till the end and BFII has had it from the start and will till the end. Same can be said about pretty much every installment of Battlefield.

This so called team of theirs makes absolutely no difference. They ban 1 and 3 more appear.
  • The reporting mechanism is a pain in the butt. Hire some mods to hop in games and spectate. Just watch the rocket jumpers, that's the class all the aimbotters flock to. If I'm wrong so be it, but I seem to go down in under 1 sec from full health to these guys blaster shots more than anything else, save for heroes or powerful snipers. Makes sense too, what class should you play if you're sporting an aimbot? Got heashots mid air? No worries mate!
  • Just today playing HVV (PC) - i played against one guy (Leia) who kept one shooting everyone. He was laughing at us whole time. You guys need to do sth about it cause cheating is becoming more and more common...
  • Psy3d
    865 posts Member
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Just today playing HVV (PC) - i played against one guy (Leia) who kept one shooting everyone. He was laughing at us whole time. You guys need to do sth about it cause cheating is becoming more and more common...

ANY blaster hero with cheat can OHK you from miles away....or even nuke you as any player. A small patch coming out today but highly unlikely it won't address the cheats online :D
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Just today playing HVV (PC) - i played against one guy (Leia) who kept one shooting everyone. He was laughing at us whole time. You guys need to do sth about it cause cheating is becoming more and more common...

Who was it?
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • Now the Hackers are armed with Mass Team Spawn Killer ION Blaster at the start of the game and a 1-Shot Death Rifle

:o
  • There is nothing being done, they can’t even get their team to fix deadly bugs since launch. Expect to be hit with eahelp.com every time you mention people hacking on PC.

Who was it?

Guy with name ||||||||| (not sure how many | there was)
  • BudaKhan wrote: »
    The reporting mechanism is a pain in the butt. Hire some mods to hop in games and spectate. Just watch the rocket jumpers, that's the class all the aimbotters flock to. If I'm wrong so be it, but I seem to go down in under 1 sec from full health to these guys blaster shots more than anything else, save for heroes or powerful snipers. Makes sense too, what class should you play if you're sporting an aimbot? Got heashots mid air? No worries mate!

Theyre pretty powerful, especially the rebel one. Not necessarily a cheater.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Chem0
    168 posts Member
    vVrathh wrote: »
    There are so many cheaters in DICE’s games that they will never be banned. Battlefront 2015 had it from the start till the end and BFII has had it from the start and will till the end. Same can be said about pretty much every installment of Battlefield.

This so called team of theirs makes absolutely no difference. They ban 1 and 3 more appear.

Still better than nothing. Cheating in PC has been around since start of PC gaming.
    There are people who make living by doing and selling these hacks.
  • the game is still there
    Wolfman91 wrote: »

Who was it?

Guy with name ||||||||| (not sure how many | there was)

Yup, that's a known one.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • EA_Tom wrote: »

I've reported over 50 players using that link. Not a single one of them has been banned.
  • Yeah i have reported them before and see them over and over again. I just wanna play as my facking hero and not be 1 shot with a dc15le.