criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Can we say that we have the right to expect a Passionate Strike buff ?

TheUltimateHope
1321 posts Member
edited August 11
Passionate strike has always been in a weird spot, and now Anakin as a whole occupies a weird spot. Ever since release Passionate Strike was at best situational as it needed opportunity to be used (Pull mostly, but others could be possible like RMT) and the only reason to use it was that its special effect permitted to inflict further damage. Now this is gone, we just have a situational ability which doesn't grant the possibility to do better than other possible actions. Simply the ability is useless now.
Anakin, labeled as the epitome of offensive prowess is now ironically one of the worst against block spammers. He pays for his name of offensive hero with a crap block (reactivity + stamina) but doesn't have that offensive potential. Luke the hit and run is better than him against block, and is just better at everything, i will not even talk about Yoda.
My question is , after everything that's been said , can we feel like we have the right to ask for passionate strike buff ?
I feel like we have, the devs should be true to their words, Anakin is not what he is supposed to be.

"You're not gonna like it" is one of the funniest lines in the game, along with Leia not recognizing her son.
Post edited by TheUltimateHope on

Replies

• bfloo
    15955 posts Member
    We can expect bugs from launched to be fixed too.

Where has that gotten us?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Defbored wrote: »
    His pull, strike, hm combo is already pretty devastating to a lot of characters. I dont think a buff is needed.

What characters don't have devastating combos ?
    bfloo wrote: »

They fixed Dooku's Duelist ability last month and they are fixing plenty of bugs this month + fixing bugs is a different matter than improving a lacking ability.
    His pull, strike, hm combo is already pretty devastating to a lot of characters. I dont think a buff is needed.

They fixed Dooku's Duelist ability last month and they are fixing plenty of bugs this month + fixing bugs is a different matter than improving a lacking ability.

It’s a little different with anakin. That combo is really smooth and it always lands. If you can pull them towards you, you’re probably going to land all three abilities.

Let’s not forget his fourth ability haha.
  • Nah to much blind anakin hate for him to get a buff.
  • Countless fixes should have higher priority over this. Not saying it’s not an issue but the last thing Anakin needs is a buff.

The last thing yoda & luke needed were buffs yet here we are

Agreed.
    Countless fixes should have higher priority over this. Not saying it’s not an issue but the last thing Anakin needs is a buff.

The last thing yoda & luke needed were buffs yet here we are
    I don't have hate for Anakin but I don't believe he needs a buff.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • CC_1010
    2529 posts Member
    When I play Anakin I use PS pretty often. It’s great if you alonost kill people and they start blocking. Most of the players one they actually don’t expect it.
  • Axone
    419 posts Member
    edited August 11
    Considering both side of the community on this forum, the reason to buff his passionate strike because to increase his utility dueling skill. To see that some people in forum thread does not like pull+ P.S. combo because of how the damage that can be done to an enemy. The logical middle ground would be to nerf his P.S. damage to 75 but give P.S. the ability to knock people back or at least the stagger effect whether they are blocking or not. Keep the slow animation and cooldown as it is.
  • Bump. Buff anakin

Just passionate strike
  • I think people freak out when a Passionate Strike buff is mentioned because they think that we want a bigger buff than we actually do.

I know personally that I don't want more damage or the ability to knock down people again (the big things that most people probably worry about). I just want it to have either a slight speed buff or a slight lunge range buff so that it is actually useful outside of the pull combo. It works ok against block spammers, but anyone with a grain of salt will dodge right through it and effortlessly waste it.
  • This wont be popular but I think Anakin should get back the ability to absorb damage and deal it back with HM. It just needs to be capped so he cant OHK entire teams like he did at launch.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    I think people freak out when a Passionate Strike buff is mentioned because they think that we want a bigger buff than we actually do.

I know personally that I don't want more damage or the ability to knock down people again (the big things that most people probably worry about). I just want it to have either a slight speed buff or a slight lunge range buff so that it is actually useful outside of the pull combo. It works ok against block spammers, but anyone with a grain of salt will dodge right through it and effortlessly waste it.

He gets it.
  • quark
    102 posts Member
    Knockdown is funny, get it back
  • Passionate strike has always been in a weird spot, and now Anakin as a whole occupies a weird spot. Ever since release Passionate Strike was at best situational as it needed opportunity to be used (Pull mostly, but others could be possible like RMT) and the only reason to use it was that its special effect permitted to inflict further damage. Now this is gone, we just have a situational ability which doesn't grant the possibility to do better than other possible actions. Simply the ability is useless now.
    Anakin, labeled as the epitome of offensive prowess is now ironically one of the worst against block spammers. He pays for his name of offensive hero with a crap block (reactivity + stamina) but doesn't have that offensive potential. Luke the hit and run is better than him against block, and is just better at everything, i will not even talk about Yoda.
    My question is , after everything that's been said , can we feel like we have the right to ask for passionate strike buff ?
    I feel like we have, the devs should be true to their words, Anakin is not what he is supposed to be.

"You're not gonna like it" is one of the funniest lines in the game, along with Leia not recognizing her son.

I think Anakin needs more of a buff based of what you just said. “Epitome of offensive prowess” is a funny description for a character that lost every bit of offense he had. You’re right. Luke and Yoda are far better than him and it’s a joke. I’ve been advocating for a few Anakin buffs to make somewhat offensive again. I think heroic might should charge up to at least 250 or 300 (even though there was no need to nerf it because months after he’s been out, most people learned not to damage him). Passionate strike needs to knock down like before but with the damage it has now. Retribution needs 300 damage for an ultimate ability you rarely get to use. And his stamina needs to be fixed to make him better at attacking. It’s not like what I suggest is gonna make him over the top OP. Yes he’ll be powerful, but right now I think we can all agree the OP characters are Yoda and Finn when it comes to team play. They need to be nerfed. People hate Anakin because his release state was that of a god and since then, people are blindly asking for buffs for other characters that are ruining gameplay and Anakin falls down the ranks. I think this buff to him and a few nerfs to other characters is perfectly reasonable.

Finn, Phasma, and Leia.

Dyspeptic

Amen. Anyone remember how people used to complain about Luke and Yoda “hiding” behind stuff so they can knock people off the edges on Kashyykk, Bespin, and Naboo. Not anymore. Not just because they rarely work (I think I know why), but because they’re buried under the bugs introduced since then.
  • Dexyn
    96 posts Member
    Maybe make it home in on a target like Grievous but with half the range?
    Make him do like a short jump into a helm splitter.
  • Axone
    419 posts Member
    quark wrote: »
    Knockdown is funny, get it back

Yes adding to his dueling utility but to compensate for knockback, nerf the dmg to 75dmg. People will complain if the dmg is too high if Anakin has knockback.
  • I think the best way to put it would be to have the damage of PS back at 210 against heroes, fasten the animation and make Anakin get out of it faster.
  • I think the best way to put it would be to have the damage of PS back at 210 against heroes, fasten the animation and make Anakin get out of it faster.

Judging from footage it's not getting buffed next week

It will eventually. What did it take for Maul's saber throw, the whole Kylo, the whole Obi Wan, Luke and so on ?

It will eventually. What did it take for Maul's saber throw, the whole Kylo, the whole Obi Wan, Luke and so on ?

A year lol